PDA

View Full Version : Building strategy question

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 09:25 AM
Hello,

I am considering eliminating all the lower level buildings in my city. I am trying to focus on upgrading buildings with longer time cycles. That way I dont have to worry about the short cycle buildings being robbed.

Any thoughts? See photo..

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w398/coldbaroness/Reconstruction.jpg

white frog
07-10-2012, 09:31 AM
I personally wouldn't get rid of your gold buildings. See thread in my signature about selling lower level buildings!

joaquim
07-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Delis, Pawn Shops, Pizza Parlors, Fish Stores, Seafood Restaurant, Meat Factory, and Electronics Store have to go. Don't get rid of the Sports Bar because of the time invested into upgrading it to level 7. Bagel Shop depends on the level. If it's lower than level 5 then you can go ahead and sell it.

Gaming Will
07-10-2012, 09:38 AM
Why get rid of when you have plenty of space at the moment?

nytelock
07-10-2012, 09:42 AM
The small buildings like you mentioned shouldn't be there in the first place. Now that you're removing them, you waste the time put into upgrading and building those. Precious time my friend. Well, unless theyre level 1 buildings.

Swearengen
07-10-2012, 09:47 AM
I'm with Will, no reason to dump anything currently with all that room. So unless you need the room for a build, you would just be giving money away. If you don't collect, maybe someone robs it, who cares...

Caleb
07-10-2012, 09:58 AM
+1 Swearengen

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm with Will, no reason to dump anything currently with all that room. So unless you need the room for a build, you would just be giving money away. If you don't collect, maybe someone robs it, who cares...

I see your point. Thats the main issue. I use timers and could use $ from sale of buildings to upgrade others with longer cycle/ higher payout. Maybe I just need to get over the taunts of weak players thinking they pulled one over on The Baroness and my CK mob since they robbed an hourly payout adult movie theater :o

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
I personally wouldn't get rid of your gold buildings. See thread in my signature about selling lower level buildings!

Thanks White Frog I appreciate all your insight!

fuzzy
07-10-2012, 10:01 AM
Gold is not any issue with her White Frog…..

Actually I believe ShawnBB wrote this somewhere on the forum.

If you had both Wedding Chapels at a Level 4 (total upgrade cost 16.3 million x2 for 32.6 million) they would pay out as much as your Night Club which costs 40 million.

Wedding Chapel Level 4 53,240 x2 = 106,480 every 3 hours

Night Club Level 1 = 192,500 every 6 hours

Swearengen
07-10-2012, 10:05 AM
I think so, sure your stats are good but no matter what as you move up you will get robbed (cheaters, serious gold spenders, or some lucky slob). So untill you need the space for something more important (def, new bldg, or you decide to do some decorating) might as well have that space generate some cash.

I have plenty of low lvl bldgs, I am on the verge of dumping but only as I need the immediate space for something better. Also I have been no banking so it took me some time to get over getting robbed (on rare occassion)...

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Gold is not any issue with her White Frog…..

Actually I believe ShawnBB wrote this somewhere on the forum.

If you had both Wedding Chapels at a Level 4 (total upgrade cost 16.3 million x2 for 32.6 million) they would pay out as much as your Night Club which costs 40 million.

Wedding Chapel Level 4 53,240 x2 = 106,480 every 3 hours

Night Club Level 1 = 192,500 every 6 hours

HA! yes I am gold drunk at the moment. Interesting on the wedding chapels. Key for me is long cycles to minimize in game time! Recovering CC addict here...

cookie monster
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
Hello,

I am considering eliminating all the lower level buildings in my city. I am trying to focus on upgrading buildings with longer time cycles. That way I dont have to worry about the short cycle buildings being robbed.

Um... that's kind of like putting your valuables outside so people don't rob your house.

The shorter turnover buildings do get robbed, but by comparison to the longer turnover buildings, what you lose is a pittance.

I'll hit 24-hr and 48-hr buildings all day long and leave 99% of the 3 hr buildings alone b/c it's not worth it.

Paulio
07-10-2012, 10:16 AM
Hey Baroness, good to see you on here.

Do you use defense explosives? If so, then I would definitely sell the buildings that you can't regularly collect on time, except for the chapels. If I'm in a battle with someone, I always check their inventory for defense explosives. If they have them, then I'll hit everything in sight, even LMs, just to consume the explosives.

If you don't use explosives, then I really think it's up to you. Sure, a case can be made to keep them for the sake of your economy; but in reality, those low-payout buildings will probably never be a significant portion of your total economy.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 10:18 AM
I think so, sure your stats are good but no matter what as you move up you will get robbed (cheaters, serious gold spenders, or some lucky slob). So untill you need the space for something more important (def, new bldg, or you decide to do some decorating) might as well have that space generate some cash.

I have plenty of low lvl bldgs, I am on the verge of dumping but only as I need the immediate space for something
better. Also I have been no banking so it took me some time to get over getting robbed (on rare occassion)...

Interesting think I will keep the large group for sure as there is no reason to dump.. Yes too skiddish for the no banking myself, but if I recall I have something that offsets the 10%. Also the 1 thing no banking doesn't take into consideration (in my opinion) is a serious stalker. Many forum regulars keep sheets on who is not banking. Also I stalked G Wiz for months till I converted him away from that.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 10:20 AM
Um... that's kind of like putting your valuables outside so people don't rob your house.

The shorter turnover buildings do get robbed, but by comparison to the longer turnover buildings, what you lose is a pittance.

I'll hit 24-hr and 48-hr buildings all day long and leave 99% of the 3 hr buildings alone b/c it's not worth it.

Sure I think most of us are the same way I don't bother unless its a 5 digit payout min. but the key is I collect those on time faithfully.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 10:21 AM
Hey Baroness, good to see you on here.

Do you use defense explosives? If so, then I would definitely sell the buildings you can't regularly collect on time, except the chapels. If you don't use explosives, then I really think it's up to you. Sure, a case can be made to keep them for the sake of your economy; but in reality, those low-payout buildings will probably never be a significant portion of your total economy. Got off of explosives completely and now only stock non consumable gold ones (so my stats are real).

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 10:27 AM
Got off of explosives completely and now only stock non consumable gold ones (so my stats are real).

I might add my stats suck currently Swearagen as I had major issues with my mafia list. So they cleared me out completely. Now I have been building back up currently and I am currently at 34k/34k with only 361 mafia. Dying to get back up to 500 so my real stats can shine!! got 12,000 weapons that need to be fully utilized!

Swearengen
07-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Interesting think I will keep the large group for sure as there is no reason to dump.. Yes too skiddish for the no banking myself, but if I recall I have something that offsets the 10%. Also the 1 thing no banking doesn't take into consideration (in my opinion) is a serious stalker. Many forum regulars keep sheets on who is not banking. Also I stalked G Wiz for months till I converted him away from that.

Re: no banking - yeah I know that. it is a limited time deal really. Eventually you have to give it up, I think around 110-120lvl, when risk out wts the benefits.

Swearengen
07-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Paulio & Baroness,

Interesting explosives talk. I have a few def expl but not much left, although I still have atk explosives. What are your thoughts on them? Also I have seen some folks use higher end def explosives to help their stats and overall numbers but load up heavy on cheap low lvl explosives - I assume to combat folks like Paulio who go after explosives, i.e. you get up the cheap ones, they can replace them quick and easy if they have good econs.

Paulio
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Paulio & Baroness,

Interesting explosives talk. I have a few def expl but not much left, although I still have atk explosives. What are your thoughts on them? Also I have seen some folks use higher end def explosives to help their stats and overall numbers but load up heavy on cheap low lvl explosives - I assume to combat folks like Paulio who go after explosives, i.e. you get up the cheap ones, they can replace them quick and easy if they have good econs.

Yes, most players who buy explosives load up on the cheap ones. As their economy permits, they usually tend to graduate to stun grenades, then IEDs, hazards and landmines. When attacking, you'll usually blow up many inexpensive explosives such as time bombs, but every few hits you'll get the good stuff.

BeniBugatti
07-10-2012, 11:26 AM
I used to think one hour building were the worst. Then, the events started and it was very nice to have enough hourly pop to pay for the cash option without needing to hit the bank.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 11:35 AM
Yes, most players who buy explosives load up on the cheap ones..

WAS a explosives buyer for sure... for a long time I maxed out 500 all the way up to anthrax.

But....They are an illusion and don't represent a real # (much like overly upgraded defense bld)

I say that because eventually you either fill the hole or start using up high end ones (this then becomes an ongoing expense) Also you will run across someone w 20k+ on you and then your in trouble as they can touch some of your napalms and land mines in the back and forth exchange.

Now the one caveat is I also rob people with a lot higher stats than me too so that may be a strategy issue that you aren't affected by. But I have no problem losing 10-1 if my payout is $100k+...

So I decided to let all my explosives go in a effort to continue this without any consequences. Only increasing my unimportant loss/win rations which I don't care about.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 11:36 AM
i used to think one hour building were the worst. Then, the events started and it was very nice to have enough hourly pop to pay for the cash option without needing to hit the bank.

now that is a good answer!!!

ShawnBB
07-10-2012, 11:49 AM
That is some holy lord vaults of gold!

Thanks fuzzy for pointing out the value of wedding chapel. It's just 3 hour collect is a real big challenge for players.
Everyone here has a very decent point, so nothing much left to say. Just feel glad that forum is coming back:)

Artistically,delete something:p. Economically, delete nothing. If people are simply perverts to rob lvl1 short payout buildings, you should try to boost stats with gold or adjust mafia to get off those kids. Don't sell buildings and feel like surrendering,you lose nothing for keeping them(no defensive bombs)

As a matter of fact, short payout gold buildings are a great boost to your fake income per hour stats, which is the same function as laundromat. Sometimes you do need it to compete in the event or show off the Econ growth,keep them at a relatively low percentage of overall IpH is a good idea to have a "good looking" but still healthy income.

Steve0
07-10-2012, 12:22 PM
now that is a good answer!!!I only sell buildings with poor payouts sold my collection agency for a credit agency and i upgraded my hourly just for events, you seen my hood you hit my nc

gaujla
07-10-2012, 02:10 PM
Hello,

I would get rid of them all (even the beach nightclub and internet company) except for the 2 houses, comedy clubs, sports bar (for goal purposes) and gold buildings

This would make room for higher payout buildings and allow you to make your hood look asthetically pleasing since yours isnt all that jam packed.

I would get the Rock Cafe's and all the higher payout buildings (hotels/office buildings/condos/gentlemans clubs as they become available to you). I increased my IPH by 16x (in two months) with some help on the forum and upgrading buildings (right now I'm saving for a NC upgrade and am sitting on 394K an hour)

Swearengen
07-11-2012, 04:58 AM
You miss the point, she still has room, why get rid of money making buildings UNTILL you need the room...

That is a bad economy decision, unless you have another reason or use for the occupied space.

fuzzy
07-11-2012, 05:21 AM
Also kind of strange she is at level 120 with no Condos (unlock 108) and French Restaurant (only because she has the NC) yet?

Condos are 12 hour buildings which should be easy collection.

Hank
07-11-2012, 05:31 AM
If I'm in a battle with someone, I always check their inventory for defense explosives. If they have them, then I'll hit everything in sight, even LMs, just to consume the explosives.

what a douche

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-11-2012, 06:37 AM
Also kind of strange she is at level 120 with no Condos (unlock 108) and French Restaurant (only because she has the NC) yet?

Condos are 12 hour buildings which should be easy collection.

Condos are very attractive option def considering soon. Been banking for my level 2 nc for a while. I finally got to 50mill and lost all discipline and went on a upgrade spree. I'll post new pics. Or you can come to my hood fuzzy as you are always welcome

Swearengen
07-11-2012, 06:39 AM
I just added one condo and hopefully my NC#2 will be upgraded to lvl 2 in a few days.

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-11-2012, 06:43 AM
I just realized that at my IPH (198k) saving for level 2 was beyond my
discipline lol

Swearengen
07-11-2012, 06:47 AM
lvl 2 is 66mil, it's not too bad, but lvl 3 is approx 110mil (that will be rough).

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-11-2012, 07:02 AM
Thank you to everyone who responded and offered advice.

Much appreciated

;)