PDA

View Full Version : Valor Endgame

Ascent
07-10-2012, 06:56 AM
We have plenty of FAQs and strategy guides for beginners and midlevel players, but I haven't seen anything yet on high level player strategy, especially something dealing with the eventual depletion of valor.

We do know, that Valor missions will end, with the only "perpetual" mission remaining is the "499 allies or higher". But even this mission will be worthless, as the amount of Valor awarded is fixed at 2000, while the number of attacks needed will rise to the hundreds... where it willl be no longer worth the losses to gain the Valor.

I tried to raise this issue a few times through my own strategy ramblings, but this is either a taboo subject, or everyone is hiding their heads in the sand :D

We also saw how the whales are bullying players who hide at the 498 level to avoid being valor farmed. It shows desperation. I myself see less and less targets to chose from for the 499 valor mission and seems that the only ones above that level are either a few dummies, abbandoned accouns or strong enough players to not care.

So, here is the question which I would appreciate your input for:

Knowing that valor will eventually dry up and the valor units you already have will be eroded away...

...what is your strategy for what comes after?

Hellstorm
07-10-2012, 07:09 AM
Thats a good question? Its awful doing the 2000 valor missions. I wish theyd add some other missions. I myself have 500 allies because its easier to find targets for the valor missions. I am pretty save with my stats, assuming you are in peace with the pirates. I think with the new valor units we have more options on how to spend our valor, also to optimally increase unit density. Thats why I save up my valor, because I know there wont be much to do if you are a free player, at least try to get the most dense army possible. As a free player you should be able to reach stats of 120-150k if you play it smart...

Klee
07-10-2012, 07:17 AM
The only option is to buy gold. Purchase units with higher stats than valor units. Gets very expensive!

Ascent
07-10-2012, 07:20 AM
So, if I understand you correctly, the idea is that:

1.) Funzio should add further ways to earn Valor so we never run out...

2.) Spend the valor on density...

...and then what?

Just sit on it fearing to press the attack button because we might lose them?

:D

Hellstorm
07-10-2012, 07:23 AM
Another option would be to become an economic giant... 1m iph ;) and buy high end cash units. Whats your solution?

Fifth Reich
07-10-2012, 07:28 AM
Make cash units cheaper and make cash units stronger :)

Q Raider
07-10-2012, 07:34 AM
1. Drop the percentage of Valor units in play to the point where it is sustainable. Ie, your normal attack gameplay is capable of covering the losses.

2. Utilize the maps and obtain some of the mid range loots to cover the reduction in your Valor units.

3. Optimize your Defence through the use of "Strong against" units. At face value your Defence may not have the biggest number, however the effect of the "strong against" units in reducing the opponents attack strength puts you in a stronger position.

4. Plan your higher action during the events when historically there is a tendency for casualties to be less.

Aside from the Gold armies and the low cas mob, the situation will affect most players in the same manner.

Ascent
07-10-2012, 07:42 AM
I started the thread to get the ball rolling, to make others start thinking about this issue, to have a collaborative discussion of the various ideas, not to provide my solution... which I do not have yet... I am undecided :)

Let me share my situation and dilemma:

I am Level 130 so hiding from whales is not so straight forward anymore. If I drop allies to 400, I might hide from the very top, but I will have a ****load of players with close to 400 more units than I do and to compensate for it I would have to have a 20% higher density army.

I do have a nice 805,000 IPH and I can easily upgrade it to 900,000 without having to worry about unvaulted money. I also have 600,000 valor saved up, so if I wanted to I could raise my defense from 40,000 to 117,000 in five minutes.

My attack is a measly 18,000 but it worked so far by picking on the low end players to farm valor. (Though, it was a huge handicap during the EPIC boss event as I could not beat the Level 5 boss with these stats)

I see that the casualty changes in the game screwed many players who relied on Valor for their army strength. I myself was using up 400-800 snipers a day to pay for my valor hunt... which are easily replacable from my daily income (while being able to build and upgrade at the same time)

Now, I reached my goal and have to decide what to do with Valor. Before the battle points and new Valor units arrived, I was planning to buy 2000 MLRSs for a monster defense and then protect them from going to battle with demolitions meatshields. Now, with the new valor units and the whale territory I am pondering whether to spend the valor differently.

I (personally) would like to use valor for defense only and pay for the attacks in cash. The MLRS plan was great in this respect, because of the lopsided statistics of the unit. But if I buy some of the newer valor units (less in number but better density) I am not sure I can protect them from going into battle with cash units. There is not enough cash in this world to do so :)

So, at this point I am asking for ideas, viewpoints which will certainly be dissected to see their worth, but maybe we will learn enough from each other to find a truly smart strategy neither of us thought of before.

Thank you.

Ascent
07-10-2012, 08:01 AM
1. Drop the percentage of Valor units in play to the point where it is sustainable. Ie, your normal attack gameplay is capable of covering the losses.

2. Utilize the maps and obtain some of the mid range loots to cover the reduction in your Valor units.

3. Optimize your Defence through the use of "Strong against" units. At face value your Defence may not have the biggest number, however the effect of the "strong against" units in reducing the opponents attack strength puts you in a stronger position.

4. Plan your higher action during the events when historically there is a tendency for casualties to be less.

Aside from the Gold armies and the low cas mob, the situation will affect most players in the same manner.

Thank you Q Raider :)

1. In my personal experience there is no such level. Valor will erode away no matter what I do. The only Valor units I have left are the ones too weak to make the cut for the attacking force. All others are basically gone. There is no minimum limit under which they are no longer eroded. If I have only one it will be gone too. (When I have to do 80 attacks for 2000 valor and lose 3-5 meatshields per shot it is a lot of money to protect valor units.)

2. Yes, I used to harvest minisubs and they worked great, but they are not enough for my level at this point. It made more sense to harvest the railgun and spend the money on stronger units or hordes of snipers. Now that I no longer need money, as it comes from the economy, I may have to find myself another loot item above the minisub but I do not see anything with a good anough drop rate.

3. My current defense is 2000 ambulances with the boost buildings (40,000 stat). Easily replacable with cash that I have plenty of. I also believe that getting higher stat units is a better defense than relying on the "strong against" voodoo. The only official reply I found from CCM on the forums is that under certain curcumstances in battle, the strong against unit "MAY" get a boost....

4. My casualties are exactly the same during events and between events... I noticed no change whatsoever since they increased casualties to this horrific level :) and I attack a lot every day, so the sample for my observation of this statistics is huge...

I would add one thing JMC mentioned once. When I attack I get really fair PVP loot. As my army density increased over time, so did the PVP loot items. I get PVP loot which is actually useful for my level... and I am getting PVP loot drop rates that are also decent (on avarage every other shot I get something). This does make a noticable difference in my army's statistics, as it compensates nicely for my losses. Not totally, but I would say that increases the density and slows down the erosion in stats. (I may lose 5-6 snipers but get an Iron Wing instead).

Hellstorm
07-10-2012, 08:02 AM
The problem with the MLRSs is their casualty rate. I have probably purchased 2000+ of themnow i have less than 1400. They die like flies... Even if you get attacked. But under the German flag and the ground boost of the boost building you can get a crazy defense for sure, then add the composite factory and you are around 120k defense. But still there are people with higher attack stats than that... I know it sucks.

Ascent
07-10-2012, 08:15 AM
The problem with the MLRSs is their casualty rate. I have probably purchased 2000+ of themnow i have less than 1400. They die like flies... Even if you get attacked. But under the German flag and the ground boost of the boost building you can get a crazy defense for sure, then add the composite factory and you are around 120k defense. But still there are people with higher attack stats than that... I know it sucks.

Yes, when you have one type of defense what else can they do but die like flies? :D I have the same happening with my ambulances right now.

So, that is why I am looking for other ideas besides my monster MLRS plan :D

One thought is to have defensive meatshields as well. A quarter of really high density valor defense with a ****load of cash defensive units which have higher casualties as meatshields. However, that brings us back to the same starting point again: high valor defensive units have high attack value as well, so they need to be shielded from participating in attacks as well, which costs insane amount of money.

and this is the only reason I am still thinking the 2000 MLRS is the best strategy but looking for even better ones :)

Q Raider
07-10-2012, 08:31 AM
I am in the same zone as you Ascent, almost dropped in the other day but then realized it might be you and just had a look see instead.

I have logged my Valor u it losses for a long time, they go ballistic when I go over 40% of my attack strength as Valor, below that the "cost" runs to a little less than 10 Valor per attack/raid. You can get into the 20's Valor hitting a level 200 player and even the 130's can give high teens.

Wasn't actually referring to mini subs re the mid range comment, actually meant mid range loot with stats ranging from low 30's to around 180.

I get hit regularly by players with 10k superior raw attack against my boosted Defence and they lose. The only thing I can put this down to is that I have loaded my Defence with many of the "strong against" units.

Don't get the nicer loot that you do, I think the only PVP loot items that might end up in my attack would be Mountain Citadels and Heavy Bombers, but they are handy to increase the gap between my bottom attack unit and the SSD's.

One thing about my recent Valor losses is that I have been doing the high end degradation missions around the 490 ally mark (I have around 410). This seems to increase the Valor u it loss rates as well.

Q Raider
07-10-2012, 08:37 AM
One thing to consider if you go the MLRS route is to "match" them with Strike Eagles.

If you keep the strike eagle as your bottom end attack unit it's 19 attack will protect the 17 attack of the MLRS.

I am also gradually including aircraft carriers as well. Slow for me as I chose a low economy strategy, easier for you with the superior income. They are very low cas rate and have the strong against air factor.

Ascent
07-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Wasn't actually referring to mini subs re the mid range comment, actually meant mid range loot with stats ranging from low 30's to around 180.

I get hit regularly by players with 10k superior raw attack against my boosted Defence and they lose. The only thing I can put this down to is that I have loaded my Defence with many of the "strong against" units.

What loot would you recommend in that range?

What is your Defense Skill? I get the same 10K surprise boost from 190 defense skills (though it only works for deflecting around 20-30% of these higher attacks.

I am not discounting the strong against units, in fact, I am thinking about it seriously since most attack forces are planes and ships, it would make sense to use strong against these for a defensive unit.

Fifth Reich
07-10-2012, 09:06 AM
I have only about 75 MLRS, 190 SH, 125 SF, a dozen HM, 150 Strike Eagles, and maybe 200 of those weak valor units. I'm thinking about dumping my stockpile on the expert attack drone but I heard they die fast. What should I do?

JMC
07-10-2012, 09:09 AM
Didn't read the whole thread, but just gonna let you know, the 499 ally valor missions ends at mission 400 and 118 hits.
My last 10000 attacks have been without force degradation. Just recently found enough weak high levels to catch up with invasion operation missions. So i no longer have any valor missions of any sort.

Fifth Reich
07-10-2012, 09:11 AM
Didn't read the whole thread, but just gonna let you know, the 499 ally valor missions ends at mission 400 and 118 hits.
My last 10000 attacks have been without force degradation. Just recently found enough weak high levels to catch up with invasion operation missions. So i no longer have any valor missions of any sort.Who are you talking to?

Ascent
07-10-2012, 09:18 AM
My last 10000 attacks have been without force degradation. Just recently found enough weak high levels to catch up with invasion operation missions. So i no longer have any valor missions of any sort.

Exactly :) this is why I was especially interested in your input... both past experience and future plans... what would you have done different? what are you planning to do? and actually, what kind of army do you have now and how does it work or what does not work?

JMC
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
Who are you talking to?

Everyone.

Exactly :) this is why I was especially interested in your input... both past experience and future plans... what would you have done different? what are you planning to do? and actually, what kind of army do you have now and how does it work or what does not work?

I wouldn't have done anything differently. Except for the fact that one time i tried dropping allies and it took away some sort of glitch i may have had where i wasn't showing up on the rivals list very often. Still not sure if it was a glitch or if being the first player onto a particular rivals list means you show up much less than the newer players. I notice many older players disappear when new players appear, so it's a possibility. If it is true, i gave up my seniority of being perhaps one of the only remaining dozen or so players (that i can think of) that started the game within a week or so of it's release.

I know someone else who started that early, and they remained pretty safe for quite a while, with no attacks for several weeks. The others i know of that could possibly of been around for that long, experimented with switching allies around, therefore entered new rivals lists. Once they completely changed all the rivals lists and made it so you could see if someone had say 10000 allies on the rivals list without having to enter their base... seniority, if it was there in the first place was all reset.

Any way, doing this lead to 1500 of my 2000 total losses all within a 10 day period.

Right now, my army is mostly valor i'd say with a good amount of indestructibles from events and some loot. I can still strengthen my army with elite water cruisers and will continue to do so.

However, if i started a little later like others here, i might have done a little bit of camping, not too much, a week or 2 at most, to get an edge over my competition as i rise through the levels and a better vault. In the end, the quickest way to grow is to level up quick off valor missions and get valor units. By the end cash units will not be of much use to you and your income will be pretty decent by then any way. I can now do high level upgrades as i am fairly safe to hold money out. Only know of 2 or 3 people that are on my rivals list and could take my money. Only 1 of them ever really attacks and he is getting to weak to do so.

Kiss Of Death
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
So, if I understand you correctly, the idea is that:

1.) Funzio should add further ways to earn Valor so we never run out...

2.) Spend the valor on density...

...and then what?

Just sit on it fearing to press the attack button because we might lose them?

:D

That's the choice be a hoarder and why bother or have a go... just pick weaker targets. Play every event to try to get 3-4 indestructible and if you get the biggy awesome, no outlay than pushing open a few times a day. When you get crushed by another player... drop allies recoup and come back

Its a perpetual war game and high level campers are not playing... their a farm

JohnnyR
07-10-2012, 09:29 AM

This is interesting info. What kind of valor are you recieving now just by attacking? Are your forces degrading now or what without the missions?

JMC
07-10-2012, 09:43 AM
I average 10 valor per battle. If i hit high levels i could say that's a little higher.

Make a few thousand valor a day and very slowly raise my stats.

May have seen me say it in many other places, but i do not perform any attacks that give me casualties. If someone gives my casualties even only 10% of the time, i stay away from that person unless i'm finishing a mission (though i have no more missions now).

Ascent
07-10-2012, 09:49 AM
May have seen me say it in many other places, but i do not perform any attacks that give me casualties. If someone gives my casualties even only 10% of the time, i stay away from that person unless i'm finishing a mission (though i have no more missions now).

How do you do that? No matter how weak a player I attack, I always get 3-5 casualties on avarage.

Is it because of your army composition? (my attack force is mainly high casualty units, but I thought we discussed it somewhere, that casualties are only playing part on which units you lose from your army, not weather you have casualties against an enemy in battle).

For me it seems impossible NOT to have casualties :)

Hellstorm
07-10-2012, 10:25 AM
@ascent an alternitive that is affordable, of course not that strong but still good, is the mine launcher. They never die, right now the mine launcher is the weakest defensive unit I have. I believe they have 26 or 28 defense... Something like that. A good loot to farm is the venal fighter attack 36 def 24 if I am right. But they die like flies... They die more than tree snipers. I used to have more than 300 venal fighters... Now down to 140 even though I kept farming them the whole time.

JMC
07-10-2012, 10:31 AM
I attack people who have under 1000 units and under 10000 defence. Might have something to do with my attack strength, but i can now go up to almost 20K defence if they have under 1000 units. Also i have the armed infirmary, black dragon fighter, black shark heli and a level 3 infirmary for a combined total of 48% reduction in casualty. According to some people these things may finally be working properly. Not long ago i had to keep it under 10K defence and 600 units. Now it's a bit higher, so those items are possibly working as well.

Gabbahh
07-10-2012, 10:37 AM
How do you do that? No matter how weak a player I attack, I always get 3-5 casualties on avarage.

The most important factor is the amount of units the opp takes into battle.

Whenever I fight someone who has less then 700 units, I don't lose any units. The moment the opp has 800 - 900 I start losing units, about 1 in every 10 fights.

When I fight someone with 2000 units, I lose 1 or more every fight, even with defense stats around 3k - 7k.

edit: judging by JMC's post, a higher attack density is a factor in casualty rate.
I'll attack some 10k - 20k players with less than 800 units to battle, and see if this influences casualty rate.
6% reduction on casualties.

Hellstorm
07-10-2012, 10:54 AM
Jmc... I was always wondering who kicks so much weak player's asses ;) now the mystery is solved. I think its alot less complicated than hat, the stronger you are the higher defense stats you can pass by without casualties. I found that even though a player had about the same number of units and about the same stats, the boost buildings made a big difference. That again resulted higher casualties.
And regarding the casualty reduction, like the infirmary, black shark heli etc... I havent noticed any difference.

I am also womdering if the strong against has something to do with the casualty rates.

JMC
07-10-2012, 11:16 AM
Jmc... I was always wondering who kicks so much weak player's asses ;) now the mystery is solved. I think its alot less complicated than hat, the stronger you are the higher defense stats you can pass by without casualties. I found that even though a player had about the same number of units and about the same stats, the boost buildings made a big difference. That again resulted higher casualties.
And regarding the casualty reduction, like the infirmary, black shark heli etc... I havent noticed any difference.

I am also womdering if the strong against has something to do with the casualty rates.

Yeah, you could say i lost under 50 units in the last 20000 attacks. Without the casualty glitch lol.

Probably account for hundreds of losses on each of those guys.

Also it's not just about defence, some players figure it out and purchase like 1000 scouts. Then i start taking some casualties here and there. A few have gotten out of being constantly attacked by doing that and gradually building up some strength.

manbeast
07-10-2012, 11:17 AM
Your plan to buy 2,000 MLRS and cover them with infantry is good. But, like everyone has said, their casualty rate is horrible!! I think its .75%.

My strategy:

1. Only spend valor on units with the lowest casualty. These are super hornets (.15%), stealth frigates (.12%), and the 800 valor ship (i believe is .15%). Casualty rate DOES make a difference!! I have the perfect example:

When I first started building my defense, I bought ambulances (1.27%). I purchased 500 of them. Then I realized that with my UK boost, Sea Scouts actually gave me more defense, a strong against sea, and lower casualty (.3%). I bought 600 of them.
All 500 MA and 600 SS were being brought to battle (defensively). I never lost any for a while because nobody ever attacks me. Then I had 2 separate wars with glitchers. One after the other (like a 3 week period of non stop raids, bc they werent strong enough to atk me). Results: I lost 149 military ambulances and only 51 sea scouts!

2. Build a cash army that is strong enough by itself. Valor units are just a bonus and are expendable.
Defense- sea scouts (.3%, strong against sea), mine launchers (.2%, strong against sea), air craft carriers (.13%, strong against air)
Attack- I don't really care about my atk stat. Only time it was even useful was during the boss event.

3. Saving valor is also a very important strategy, but it sounds like you have that covered lol

Ascent
07-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Your plan to buy 2,000 MLRS and cover them with infantry is good. But, like everyone has said, their casualty rate is horrible!! I think its .75%.

My strategy:

1. Only spend valor on units with the lowest casualty. These are super hornets (.15%), stealth frigates (.12%), and the 800 valor ship (i believe is .15%). Casualty rate DOES make a difference!! I have the perfect example:

When I first started building my defense, I bought ambulances (1.27%). I purchased 500 of them. Then I realized that with my UK boost, Sea Scouts actually gave me more defense, a strong against sea, and lower casualty (.3%). I bought 600 of them.
All 500 MA and 600 SS were being brought to battle (defensively). I never lost any for a while because nobody ever attacks me. Then I had 2 separate wars with glitchers. One after the other (like a 3 week period of non stop raids, bc they werent strong enough to atk me). Results: I lost 149 military ambulances and only 51 sea scouts!

2. Build a cash army that is strong enough by itself. Valor units are just a bonus and are expendable.
Defense- sea scouts (.3%, strong against sea), mine launchers (.2%, strong against sea), air craft carriers (.13%, strong against air)
Attack- I don't really care about my atk stat. Only time it was even useful was during the boss event.

3. Saving valor is also a very important strategy, but it sounds like you have that covered lol

Thank you for your input, it does make good points... at least for jumpstarting My thoughts into other directions:

0.) So far I really did not care about nor understood why should I care about casualty rates, if I am planning a homogenous defense force (i.e.: 2000 of the same defense unit) As far as I understand, if my entire defense is one type, it matters not whether it is high or low casualty... but correct me if I am wrong, and the casualty numbers do indeed play some role against the enemy army.

what I mean is this: casualty means that if I am about to lose a unit, the higher casualty within my army will be more likely lost to the lower casualty one. However, whether I have an all high casualty defense or all low casualty defense makes no difference when the game decides how many units I lose.

Anyone care to confirm this?

1.) Now that the new valor units came out I was thinking about mixing things up and buying expensive valor units and complementing them with cash units... but... but I can't figure out what meatshields to use for these new valor units as they are less lopsided and have high attack value.

3.) As a "I had enough not knowing what to do" strategy I am also considering making both my defense and offense an all cash army and postpone the decision on what to do with the valor to a later time... maybe until I unlock even stronget valor units :D

Ascent
07-10-2012, 04:22 PM

My strategy:

Thank you for your input, it does make good points... at least for jumpstarting My thoughts into other directions:

0.) So far I really did not care about nor understood why should I care about casualty rates, if I am planning a homogenous defense force (i.e.: 2000 of the same defense unit) As far as I understand, if my entire defense is one type, it matters not whether it is hogh or low casualty... but correct me if I am wrong, and the casualty numbers do indeed play some role against the enemy army.

what I mean is this: casualty means that if I am about to lose a unit, the higher casualty within my army will be more likely lost to the lower casualty one. However, whether I have an all high casualty defense or all low casualty defense makes no difference when the game decides how many units I lose.

Anyone care to confirm this?

1.) Now that the new valor units came out I was thinking about mixing things up and buying expensive valor units and complementing them with cash units... but... but I can't figure out what meatshields to use for these new valor units as they are less lopsided and have high attack value.

3.) As a "I had enough not knowing what to do" strategy I am also considering making both my defense and offense an all cash army and postpone the decision on what to do with the valor to a later time... maybe until I unlock even stronget valor units :D but then I wont be able to shield them...

arrrggghhh I am running in full circles here :D:D:D

Q Raider
07-10-2012, 05:00 PM
It sounds as if you are getting yourself too far ahead with your thinking Ascent.
In reality you are still several stages from your "endgame".

To get a clearer picture of things do up an Excel spreadsheet, include all the units (cash, Valor, Gold if you buy units with it)
UNIT/TYPE (Cash, Valor, Gold)/ ADVANTAGE (Strong Against xxx)/ Casualty Rate (High, Medium, etc) / COST/ ATTACK (include Country boost)/ DEFENCE (Include country boost).

Determine your bottom end Attack unit strength (prob Sniper for you at 5) and your bottom end defence unit strength, put these numbers in a cell at the top of your sheet. Use those figures to get the actual benefit of each unit above your current lowest strength unit you want in your makeup. (ie: Unit attack - bottom end unit attack). Do the same for the Defence side of things.

Then divide the cost by the relative attack/defence increase (Use an "IF" statement to keep negative numbers out of the results).
Do a sort on the results lowest to highest and you will have before you a list of the most economical means for INCREASING your stats. You can also see the units which you can use as pure attack units or pure defence units.

If you have a play with the base attack and base defence values then you can quickly see which units offer you short, medium and long term value.

And if that doesn't work then at least I got you away from your phone/Ipod/Ipad for a while....:p

manbeast
07-10-2012, 05:22 PM

according to CCM, that is completely wrong. In reality? I don't know

check this post

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?30455-Frequent-Flier-Program&p=236958&viewfull=1#post236958

I can tell you, that when defending, I lose a lot less units now. I use to have just medics and ambulances for defense. I swear I'd lose medics every single time I was attacked. Ambulance every other attack. Now I usually only lose an ambulance every 5 attacks or so. Basically, I have less ambulances and the medics have been replaced with mine launchers and sea scouts, which have much lower casualty.

Lordsloss
07-10-2012, 05:25 PM
Gain the casualty glitch!

Ascent
07-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Q Raider:

Yes, the excel is a good idea... I have an elaborate one for figuring out my building upgrades so why not make the same thing for army composition? :) Actually so far I did it in my head, since it was relatively easy with the one attack type and one defense type approach, but yeah.... I will have to get my hands dirty in this as well...

Manbeast:

The more you guys insist the more I am convinced. In fact, I am not sure where did my idea of what these casualties mean came from... but originally I was thinking the same as the obvious thought... lower casualty is harder to kill by the enemy... but then what do the A/D stats mean in this respect?

Anyway, yeah I am the overthinker type... but I kinda like doing it :D