PDA

View Full Version : Details of Vault Expansions

echus14
07-09-2012, 10:20 PM
Does any one have details of the vault expansions (ie, how much it cost for each increase, what is the new cap amount and how long it takes)?

This limitation seems to be the most frustrating as venturing to far out without sufficient vault coverage just invites unnecessary raids (and no, I'm not buying gems to speed this up). Just thinking if it takes forever to get to a reasonable level, I may lose patience/interest and move on to something else.

enahs1
07-09-2012, 10:21 PM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0el E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=10

Timbathia
07-09-2012, 11:27 PM
Does any one have details of the vault expansions (ie, how much it cost for each increase, what is the new cap amount and how long it takes)?

This limitation seems to be the most frustrating as venturing to far out without sufficient vault coverage just invites unnecessary raids (and no, I'm not buying gems to speed this up). Just thinking if it takes forever to get to a reasonable level, I may lose patience/interest and move on to something else.

Advice is no matter what ALWAYS have your vault increasing until you max it out. It does take a long time, but it doesnt cost that much in the grand scheme of things, so just make sure that you enough money set aside to start the next increase as soon as the previous one finishes.

Bea
07-10-2012, 12:25 AM
How many peeps at 330,000? Mine gets there in a couple of days :D

But, it's not gonna help me get the 700,000 I want to upgrade my manor. Been ok with unvaulted gold so far, but I think the expensive upgrades will be almost impossible at higher levels and make it hard for weaker stat players to progress.

echus14
07-10-2012, 01:17 AM
Hi Bea

How long did it take for you to reach the max 330,000 cap?
Shocked to see 700,000 required for upgrading :eek:

echus14
07-10-2012, 01:18 AM
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aj9pi1nr5A99dFF0UWZKZWxzSGVyZkh5ekhnUnh0el E&f=true&noheader=true&gid=10

Thanks. I'll need to look at this when I get home as I can't access it from work.

emcee
07-10-2012, 01:27 AM
Just like MW, KA max vault is pretty much useless imo once you get into higher income buildings and upgrades. I have over 1 million unprotected gold and growing at present. Gree should not have any limits to vault size but make it increasingly more expensive to upgrade.
The only good defense against invasions apart from heavy gem spending is alliance size/bracketing and upgrading top tiered income buildings to level 10 as soon as they become available versus racing through levels and entering whale territory.

Bea
07-10-2012, 02:46 AM
Hi Bea

80 days to upgrade vault. The L10 Manor upgrade is 22,500,000!!

Timbathia
07-10-2012, 02:53 AM
Just like MW, KA max vault is pretty much useless imo once you get into higher income buildings and upgrades. I have over 1 million unprotected gold and growing at present. Gree should not have any limits to vault size but make it increasingly more expensive to upgrade.
The only good defense against invasions apart from heavy gem spending is alliance size/bracketing and upgrading top tiered income buildings to level 10 as soon as they become available versus racing through levels and entering whale territory.

I guess that eventually more content will come to KA, and that will probably include more vault upgrades.

echus14
07-10-2012, 03:01 AM
80 days to upgrade vault. The L10 Manor upgrade is 22,500,000!!

Wow ... nearly 3 months ... I wonder if I will have the dedication to do this ....
As for 22.5 million gold pieces ... the question that comes to mind is it even worthwhile having so much gold or that level of income. Even with the most expensive gold/non-gem units, I guessing you could have long since built up your entire army (or armies) to the max (since there is a 1500 max unit cap).
Am I missing something?

spectra
07-10-2012, 09:13 AM
Hi Bea

for the last few upgrades it takes 168 hours (1 week)
to lv-10 it cost me $100k
I finished my lv-10 vault upgrade about a 3 weeks ago (I upgraded the vault non-stop, as soon as one upgrade was done, I had saved/ready the money for the next.

If you do not have enough vaulted gold for the upgrade, then hit the highest maps and hit all monster to the point of only needed one more hit to kill, then when the vault is ready for the next upgrade, kill those monster to get enough gold to start the next upgrade right away

Dirk Durbin37
07-11-2012, 10:44 AM
for the last few upgrades it takes 168 hours (1 week)
to lv-10 it cost me $100k
I finished my lv-10 vault upgrade about a 3 weeks ago (I upgraded the vault non-stop, as soon as one upgrade was done, I had saved/ready the money for the next.

If you do not have enough vaulted gold for the upgrade, then hit the highest maps and hit all monster to the point of only needed one more hit to kill, then when the vault is ready for the next upgrade, kill those monster to get enough gold to start the next upgrade right away

What's your opinion on selling buildings to get more money for upgrades? I have a max vault and I eventually will need 690K to upgrade my Breeding Den to lvl 8. I want the Hydra 40/36 for an end game unit. I would have to sell both Lenders and both Manors though. Sucks but it is what I do in MW.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-11-2012, 11:05 AM
What's your opinion on selling buildings to get more money for upgrades? I have a max vault and I eventually will need 690K to upgrade my Breeding Den to lvl 8. I want the Hydra 40/36 for an end game unit. I would have to sell both Lenders and both Manors though. Sucks but it is what I do in MW.

IMHO, I wouldn't sell any of them. If you plan to get the Beasts when you have a level 10 breeding den, you're going to need the IPH. While it may be a little struggle at this point to collect the money for the den upgrade, once you have it at 10, and if you had sold your money buildings, you'll have much less IPH to buy them, and have to spend even more time to get those buildings back....turns into a bad circle.

RoyalMafia
07-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Can someone please explain exactly what whale territory is?

At what level would you say it starts? is it a combination of no of allies as well as level?

Ryan5100
07-11-2012, 01:46 PM
Bought the final upgrade at level 35 :)

spectra
07-11-2012, 01:55 PM
I have the last 2 maps at lv 5 and I can get about 30K from each or about 120k in one day (refill takes 6 hours) + the 330k vaulted I could easyly upgrade to lv6 (245k) and level 7 (415k) but for lv8 (690k) I would have to think what the best course would be
you have to consider,
1- how strong is your defence compare to those in your level and rival list
2 - do you get attack alot, do you win or loose lots of battles
3 - what level are you at, and how much energy you have
4 - IMPORTANT what is your hero strenght? mine is 152, that is why for me is somewhat easy to kill many monsters at the last 2 maps
5 - if you must sell the manor, do it for the lv-8 upgrade only, but remember you will be loosing 30k every two days, until you can build them back again
6- IPH make sure you upgrade them as much as possible to increase your IPH to the max, specially the 1 hours building if you collect alot during the day (I do) if someone raid you the won't gain much , but for example I have a merchant going to lv-7, will give me 1,450 every hour, if it gets raided, I will only loose a max of $900 (60%), not worth hitting if you loose a manticore which cost $750 (to me they are secure sources or gold) I collect about 18 times per day, that is about $25k per day
I will get my merchants to lv-9 (cost 435k) but will give me $2,300 every hour times 18 hours times 2 merchants = $82,800 per day :) plus 2 bazaars at lv-10 is another $27,000, so out of those 4 buildings I can get per day $109,800

you have to make sure your attack/defenses units are strong, I myself have 180 basilisk and 200 canon as main attacking force and have banked 40k Honor points to purchase 80 more canons if needed (lv-122)
keep building your defenses, what I will probably do now is upgrade to level (no problem of getting raided until then) but for level 8, while I do lv 6-7 upgrades I will keep buying defence units (high priest 32 defense and low cas rate)
after I feel confident with my defences I will test the water and try to get to the 690k (which means having over 200k unvaulted at some point) If I get raided/attacked and loose too much money, then I would probably just sell the manors and get the upgrade going and no risk loosing any more gold

Hope this helps you somewhat

Cheers

spectra
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Can someone please explain exactly what whale territory is?

At what level would you say it starts? is it a combination of no of allies as well as level?

"whale" territory by personal experience would be about lv-85+, because I am lv-122 and can see all the way down there, sometimes I see as low as 70
most player have their allies at max so they can brint the max of 1,500 units allow to battle, unless they have huge stats, then use less allies, since they do not need them
stats vary, I have been hit by players with over 80k attack, but the average around level 90+ seem to be in the 40k +

just make sure you buld up your IPH, max the vault capability, and beefup your A/D stats, I would recommend (if you have not done so) to unlock wizard spire lv-7 (buy High priest 11/32 A/D, low cas rate) , breeding den to lv-5 (to buy Basilisk, 37/21 A/D $5,000have very low rate) the Gnomish lab to lv-5 (at lv-2 will unlock the canon 36/20 A/D 500 Honor points, so save all your HPs for canons, and lv-5 will unlock the flaming trebuchet $5,400 40/19 A/D low cas rate) and the Siege workshop to lv-10 for the flaming catapult $3,600 34/16 A/D

Some other player use infantry and magic, I personally like the machines and beast
but there are other good units for A/D

Futon
07-11-2012, 04:57 PM
Since each stat attack and defense take different units i see no reason to buy balanced units at end game. So if i have enough allies for 600 units i'll have 600 high priests for defense and 600 flaming trebuchets for attack.

Dirk Durbin37
07-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Thanks for all the info Spectra. That will definitely come in handy. My defense consists of about 450 High Priests, 400 Paladins and a lot of the now nerfed good loot items. I don't get attacked by people that can beat me anymore. I've only lost to heavy Gem players and I think the Shark zone must have moved passed me at lvl 77. No more lvl 100's testing my vault. My IPH is up to 6k now I think. Bazaars, farms and Silos all at lvl 10. These types of games are so long term that I don't have that much of an issue rebuilding cash buildings I've sold. In MW I've sold at least 8 Nano's and 10 Space stations. I was going to stop the Breeding Den at the level to buy Bassilics for their attack score and keep High priests for defense. But the Hydra is a better attack and defense combo for 100 coins less total. My Hero strength is 90 or so and I focus mostly on the Mine Spider, in the last map, for cash and Event boxes when needed. I've stopped missions and attacking since I noticed that the rivals list changed and my 39k Defense keeps me secure. When the times comes I will use your suggestions though. Thanks again!!

Musketblade
07-11-2012, 08:13 PM
im upgrading vault right now from 50k to 67k and im at 148hrs and counting down. It was higher this morning.

Arwin Stark
07-11-2012, 11:46 PM
Spectra I would like your opinion as I know you have completed all the pvp tournament quests.

After completing all the pve quests and rare quests I’m going for the pvp quests currently al level 122 (fight 303 allies). Unfortunately this is levelling me up very quick but as my att / def is average that doesn’t concern me too much 25k att 27k def. I’m at level 81 and find my income and pve doesn’t support the loss rate for the pvp quests IPH 5751. So I have gone with machines, battering rams as my meat shields and have gone with upgrading engineering academy to boost their attack.
I didn’t want to go for the expensive unit’s at the moment due to still being able to finding players at higher ranks 10k att / def less than me.

At what point did you find it was harder to find players to complete the pvp quests?

I’m wondering if I should hold up levelling to build up which is hard with events added to the mix.

spectra
07-12-2012, 12:13 AM
Spectra I would like your opinion as I know you have completed all the pvp tournament quests.

After completing all the pve quests and rare quests I’m going for the pvp quests currently al level 122 (fight 303 allies). Unfortunately this is levelling me up very quick but as my att / def is average that doesn’t concern me too much 25k att 27k def. I’m at level 81 and find my income and pve doesn’t support the loss rate for the pvp quests IPH 5751. So I have gone with machines, battering rams as my meat shields and have gone with upgrading engineering academy to boost their attack.
I didn’t want to go for the expensive unit’s at the moment due to still being able to finding players at higher ranks 10k att / def less than me.

At what point did you find it was harder to find players to complete the pvp quests?

I’m wondering if I should hold up levelling to build up which is hard with events added to the mix.

Hi
to clear things
1 - I have not finished ALL the PVE, still have to finish the "master xxx map lv-1" I am at the Jungle of torments, but I am trying to have al pending maps with only 1 monster to complete so I can collect ALL the prizes at once :)

2 - for the Tournament rounds I am finally at 199 , win 70 battles agains players with 495 allies (have 32/70)
3 - After the TRs, I will start the Champions Rounds (looking forward to it)
4 - I want to master all maps to level 5, but I am doing it backwards, done the Mine and just finished the Nomadic campment

The key (for me) is put ALL mu skill points into Hero strenght, I level up, use 2 skill for 1 hero point and bank the other, next level up I have 4 skill points to change for 2 hero points, this allows me to kill monsters faster which gives me good loot, lots of gold and level up fairly quick
I also invested in upgrading mu Breeding den to lv- (to buy basilisks) and the siege to lv-10 and the Gnomish lab to lv-5, so I can buy canons (i bank ALL my Honor point to buy canons and nothing else) and flaming trebuchet and flaming catapult, and finally for defence the wizard spire to buy highpriest with 32 defence.

Be carefull with your stats, once you hit level 87 you will be in my rival list and all other players above level 120, and your stats need to be increase before getting here, your IPH is good, mine is almost $6k,

Bottom line, do the PVP but bank all your honor and use them to by canons (best investment for honor points) but no not use them all, always keep some on hand to replace lost units (they have very low casualty rate), I curently have 200 canons and 40k Honor points on hand to buy another 80 canons if needed (I do alot of PVP since I got the devil warlord)
make sure you buy low casualty high stats units like the ones I mentiones, or other similar that will suit your likes.
just make sure that PVP does not give much Xps, so you will not level that fast, PVE does level you up fast, upgarde your unit building to unlock high end ones, to fast beefup your stats.
I think that since tournament quest it is harder to find players with more than 470 allies, but keep refreshing the list until I see one, sometimes I just have to hit anyone to see if it changes the list to the ally count I need to complete the quest.
do not kill yourself with event, this are actually AUCTIONS FOR GEM SPENDERS, just do your regular PVP and you will get plenty of boxes, I currently have 32 boxes from maps and PVP
good luck

I hope this helps you

Nicholost
07-12-2012, 02:08 PM
FYI, I just completed my $330,000 vault upgrade. I was bummed to see it was so low. :(

Now I'm level 5 sitting on $248,000 of unprotected gold, which is pretty substantial for this level.

Hapl0
07-12-2012, 02:24 PM
Interesting avatar Nicholost, lol. And amazing how you turtle all that money and in level 5 not less. I really believe GREE should fix this 120 gold bug, in my level there is a player with defense less than 1K and walking with 1,070,000 gold and i can't believe nobody can't rob him or all in my level are farmvillers.