PDA

View Full Version : These Crashes Are Just Ridiculous

joaquim
07-09-2012, 04:26 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. For the past 2 days there have been moment where the game has been crashing once every 5 minutes. I keep losing money from robberies due to the game crashing and I also think that the game is rigged so that it crashes everytime you fight a famous political figure. I've fought against a Barack Obama ingame 3 times and it crashed all 3 times! This is an outrage! Funzio/Gree, you guys need to fix this issue NOW!

(SKK)- iteachem
07-09-2012, 04:28 PM
This is absolutely ridiculous. For the past 2 days there have been moment where the game has been crashing once every 5 minutes. I keep losing money from robberies due to the game crashing and I also think that the game is rigged so that it crashes everytime you fight a famous political figure. I've fought against a Barack Obama ingame 3 times and it crashed all 3 times! This is an outrage! Funzio/Gree, you guys need to fix this issue NOW!

Gree is full of democrats trust me

TRAZ
07-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Have you submitted a ticket? They should request a copy of your crash logs and send instructions on how to go about sending them to Funzio.

Curious, what device are you playing the game on?

joaquim
07-09-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm playing on iphone 3GS.

Brooklyn Boy
07-09-2012, 04:49 PM
I've been having this problem for over a month now. I know exactly what your taking about with the robbery thing. You go through 4 or 5 rival lists and then you finally find someone worth while to rob and then the first tap and CRASH!!

joaquim
07-09-2012, 04:53 PM
I've been having this problem for over a month now. I know exactly what your taking about with the robbery thing. You go through 4 or 5 rival lists and then you finally find someone worth while to rob and then the first tap and CRASH!!

I found a hood with an uncollected Nightclub and the guy had sucky stats. I successfully robbed his Nightclub and was gonna post on his wall about how I love Nightclubs and that I'd be back. Well the game crashed while I was still posting the message. I got very lucky there.

jazell
07-10-2012, 03:01 AM
I'm playing on iphone 3GS.

A guy i work with has the same problem and uses the same phone.

His lofts, churches etc always get robbed heh heh

QPR
07-10-2012, 03:08 AM
Same problem on my IPAD

Bea
07-10-2012, 03:13 AM
Yup, mine will crash when I finally find someone with big enough balls to carry 500 allies for my TL missions who hasn't already been 'beat up too much already', I'll get in 1 hit then c.r.a.s.h...

nytelock
07-10-2012, 03:34 AM
Absolutely!! Whenever I find someone weak or has some goodies to rob, It crashes! What is this? What isshhh dish!

TRAZ
07-10-2012, 04:19 AM
Has anyone submitted a crash ticket to support and received a response?

Bea
07-10-2012, 04:46 AM
Has anyone submitted a crash ticket to support and received a response?

I included the point about crashes in my latest request for them to lower the TL goals to 400 allies or some other simple solution to the 499 issue. Waiting for response, but imagine I'll get another meaningless generic reply.

QPR
07-10-2012, 04:57 AM
Actually seems to be getting worse

enahs1
07-10-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't have any crashing...
Joaquim, check your mail and clear your inbox

Mocamo
07-10-2012, 09:04 AM
I have the same problem with my ipad. Ive made several complaints to funzio and no one has responded....two weeks later, still nothing......and just this morning i reached a hood i was about to murder and guess what happened CRASH!! Any time someone is worth hitting i touch the screen and CC is down f**k you funzio!

joaquim
07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
I'll get in 1 hit then c.r.a.s.h...

That's what happens to me everytime I go against Barack Obama. His hood is sh!t but I still fight him for 2 reasons

1) It's Obama.
2) He has weak stats so it helps me get through TL.

beaux
07-10-2012, 09:14 AM
Mines doing it on iPad I started collecting the money as I rob it after having lost like 200K when it crashed the other day. At least then you don't lose it all.

joaquim
07-10-2012, 09:26 AM
My game just crashed twice in less than 2 minutes. :mad:

ColdMaffiaBaroness
07-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Hello

I have had this issue prior. I use iPadHD. In the past when this issue has come up, I have deleted app then reinstalled. You will not loose game info and should fix issue.

QPR
07-10-2012, 09:41 AM
Hello

I have had this issue prior. I use iPadHD. In the past when this issue has come up, I have deleted app then reinstalled. You will not loose game info and should fix issue.

Thanks for the cash I got off your hood earlier

Much appreciated,

Qpr

dudeman
07-10-2012, 10:42 AM
My game has a bad crashing problem too. It gets worse with each new update that is released.

If you have to refresh the rivals list several times, just shut down the app and relaunch it. Too many refreshes seems to be one of the causes.

If I'm looking through my mafia list the game will crash after I have gone right to the bottom of the list and visited some hoods a few times. So I just shut down the app myself after viewing my entire list once or twice.

During the leader board event, viewing the leader board was guaranteed to make my game crash. I could view the event page no problem, but if I checked the leader board I would crash after one, sometimes two, PvP attempts.

Find out what causes the crash and then don't give the game the opportunity to crash. Restart it yourself when it's convenient for you instead. Complete BS that the users have to take precautionary steps in order to maintain proper functionality of the game, but that's one of the reasons I decided to never buy gold again. The product quality is not there, and anything I have spent in the past has obviously not contributed to improving the game. It just pays the salary of the people who sit around thinking up new cash grab schemes.

joaquim
07-10-2012, 10:44 AM
Rivals list refreshes isn't a problem for me. I was robbing a guy 2 days ago and the game crashed after 1 rob. I had to refresh my rivals list over 50 times to find him again and it didn't crash during those 50 refreshes.

TRAZ
07-10-2012, 10:47 AM
This is a reply from support I received. I haven't had time for this yet to send them the info. Has anyone else done this? I'm not even sure what type of operating system the ipad 2 has....lol.

To find a log file, please sync your iPhone, iPod or iPad first, then locate the correct log file for the app using the path for your OS below. The log file’s name should start with the app’s name.
Mac OS X
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<your iPhone’s name>/
Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<your iPhone’s name>\
Windows Vista
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<your iPhone’s name>\
Windows 7
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Applecomputer\Logs\CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
Cheers,
A
www.funzio.com

dudeman
07-10-2012, 10:47 AM
Rivals list refreshes isn't a problem for me. I was robbing a guy 2 days ago and the game crashed after 1 rob. I had to refresh my rivals list over 50 times to find him again and it didn't crash during those 50 refreshes.

No, it doesn't crash during the refreshes... Too many refreshes sets you up for a crash. Make a note next time you refresh the rivals list a whole bunch of times, then see what happens when you finally find someone to rob or fight.

CRASH!

Lol

joaquim
07-10-2012, 10:50 AM
I was able to rob his hood completely and the next crash was like 5 minutes later followed by another crash 5 minutes later and another one. Then things went back to the way they were before. Was gonna say normal but it wasn't the right word to use since so many game crashes isn't normal.

dudeman
07-10-2012, 10:51 AM
This is a reply from support I received. I haven't had time for this yet to send them the info. Has anyone else done this? I'm not even sure what type of operating system the ipad 2 has....lol.

To find a log file, please sync your iPhone, iPod or iPad first, then locate the correct log file for the app using the path for your OS below. The log file’s name should start with the app’s name.
Mac OS X
~/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<your iPhone’s name>/
Windows XP
C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\<your iPhone’s name>\
Windows Vista
C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Apple computer\Logs\CrashReporter\MobileDevice\<your iPhone’s name>\
Windows 7
C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Applecomputer\Logs\CrashReporter/MobileDevice/<DEVICE_NAME>
Cheers,
A
www.funzio.com

My computer doesn't work... Well, it does, but my monitor and/or graphics card are finished and I can't see anything, so there's no point for me to even turn it on. Besides, that seems like an awful lot of work (time/effort) to be doing for free to help them figure out what the problem is. They have access to mobile devices themselves, they should test their product themselves. Before release would be the optimal time for them to do so.

OG Kush
07-10-2012, 11:56 AM
This game needs to be fixed.

bryoreo
07-10-2012, 01:11 PM
Welcome to Crash city AKA Force Close Mafia

TRAZ
07-10-2012, 01:18 PM
My computer doesn't work... Well, it does, but my monitor and/or graphics card are finished and I can't see anything, so there's no point for me to even turn it on. Besides, that seems like an awful lot of work (time/effort) to be doing for free to help them figure out what the problem is. They have access to mobile devices themselves, they should test their product themselves. Before release would be the optimal time for them to do so.

Work? Nah. I'm happy to contribute. If people are submitting tickets for the same thing then more red flags go up identifying the problems. Most places work by a rack 'em and stack 'em fix it system.

dudeman
07-10-2012, 01:23 PM
Most businesses selling a product do extensive quality control before trying to sell a broken product. Nobody likes having to do a recall.

TRAZ
07-10-2012, 01:27 PM
They just do patches with software. Normally don't do recalls.

chbranch
07-10-2012, 04:19 PM
I had the same issue but with an Android phone. I sent in an email and got a response to give them my crash logs in which i did. After all that, it still didnt help. What caused my crashes to stop on my phone was to reduce the number of pending mafia requests. I had about 600+ and reduced it to about 250 and now I may crash about once every couple of days. It was crashing every 10 mins especially when someone was attacking me or I was banking money. Hope that helps.

Mikecore
07-10-2012, 04:34 PM
It is strange but No crashes for me...I am using iPad 2

joaquim
07-10-2012, 05:11 PM
This is stupid! My game crashed twice in less than 5 minutes!

leo1980
07-10-2012, 06:10 PM
I am using iphone 3gs and jus upgraded my ios to 5.1 and redownload new version 2.4 of crime city..so much crashes in this version..when i travel to rival hood or another map..it jus crashes..that's so sick..cannot even rob, attack or complete map goals..no events come through to my games for abt 3 weeks.pls do something to it soon or advise..

Beecee
07-11-2012, 11:16 AM
I am using iPad, and the crashes are getting to be unbearable. Crashes 95% of the time after I successfully rob someone. Lost hundreds of thousands.

Does deleting a reinstalling really work?

QPR
07-11-2012, 11:42 AM
I am using iPad, and the crashes are getting to be unbearable. Crashes 95% of the time after I successfully rob someone. Lost hundreds of thousands.

Does deleting a reinstalling really work?

Possibly it's worth a try

kykboxr
07-11-2012, 02:45 PM
Game started crashing on me today

Zendfrim
07-11-2012, 03:40 PM
Maybe Gree finally decided to implement in game defense powerful enough to shut down attackers games, in which case I say thanks Gree! Mine doesn't crash so I will take this as a "feature".

joaquim
07-12-2012, 06:01 PM
This is ridiculous. I think I've spent more time today logging back into the game than actually playing the game. The longest I've gone today without a crash is probably 10 minutes, 15 minutes max. Everyone should keep bumping this thread so CCMark can see this and hopefully talk to the people who work on making changes to the game so they can fix this issue with the next update.

vindi
07-13-2012, 04:17 PM
Yeah. The crashes are really bad.they really have to improve their platform.i m using iPad 2 n I crash every time they hv new notices or after 1st attack or 1st raid.all the $ lost.....now the looters r getting looted by gree....Lol