PDA

View Full Version : The Money Cheater Trend

Nicholost
07-09-2012, 01:31 PM
I've only come across a few, so I'm not as experienced as some of you hardcore cheater hunters (I'm looking at you, Fuzzy and iteachem), but the trend seems to hold true from one money cheater to another. That is: a blatant misunderstanding of game mechanics. 1010 Armored Jets? Really? Is this so you have 510 spares in case your 500 mafia crash theirs in battle and they are magically removed from inventory? And wait a second, those don't even become available until level 195 and you're level 114. Does that trick come with a rabbit and a hat?

I find this blatant lack of simple game mechanic understanding particularly interesting since they tend to fancy themselves as quite clever; as if watching a 13 year old on YouTube try and get his friend's iPhone to focus on his own screen is some kind of scientific breakthrough that even Stephen Hawking couldn't get his mind around.

Case in point: I come across this one money cheater by the name of Fabio. At the time we first met (yesterday) when he attacked me he had 220 Armored Jets. Now (today) he has 1010. So I comment on his wall, "you're quite strong. It's a shame you had to cheat to get there." He replied, "why do you say so?" There's no emoticon in the Funzio lineup that can adequately represent my astonishment at his complete lack of simple logic, so I will have to reach into my own library: http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/facepalm.png.

Proof:
http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/CrimeCity/81e16c8f.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/CrimeCity/cf85aaef.jpg

http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/CrimeCity/f175bd37.jpg

fuzzy
07-09-2012, 01:34 PM
Thanks for the props....

Do you think some cheaters think they are like units in MW and KA and will be used ?

QPR
07-09-2012, 01:37 PM
Welcome back nicholost

jobadass
07-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I literally laughed out loud at his inventory.
Welcome back Nick, long time no see man.

iteachem
07-09-2012, 01:38 PM
I think we might only be seeing the really inane cheaters. If you are hacking the game it would be fairly easy to cheat and remain undetected if you didn't go crazy with the items...

I can't figure out the respect cheaters as that is so much easier to spot... at least with money glitches they could in theory claim they are camping.

My bet is we are really only seeing the outliers. Others will be a little more subtle

Nicholost
07-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Do you think some cheaters think they are like units in MW and KA and will be used ?

No idea. I don't think they understand that there is currently a 500 mafia cap and that anything more is useless. In the case of Fabio, he doesn't understand that you can't take more weapons into battle than you have mafia. I believe they work off logic found in single cell organisms: more is better; more makes me stronger; I want more.

iteachem
07-09-2012, 01:43 PM
No idea. I don't think they understand that there is currently a 500 mafia cap and that anything more is useless. In the case of Fabio, he doesn't understand that you can't take more weapons into battle than you have mafia. I believe they work off logic found in single cell organisms: more is better; more makes me stronger; I want more.

You should invite him to this thread... Fuzzy did that once with an Alex... it was a great move

Nicholost
07-09-2012, 01:46 PM
You should invite him to this thread... Fuzzy did that once with an Alex... it was a great move

Oh, good move indeed. Absolutely brilliant. BRB. I'm going to go piss [post] on Fabio's wall.

iteachem
07-09-2012, 01:48 PM
Oh, good move indeed. Absolutely brilliant. BRB. I'm going to go piss [post] on Fabio's wall.

Nice... screenshot your post

fuzzy
07-09-2012, 01:50 PM
Yep just post the direct link to this thread on his wall. Alex clicked on it and started to level very very fast after he read it. Don't know what happened to him but he got out of my bracket.

iteachem
07-09-2012, 01:51 PM
Yep just post the direct link to this thread on his wall. Alex clicked on it and started to level very very fast after he read it. Don't know what happened to him but he got out of my bracket.

That was seriously the most classic move yet.. Also remember at that point the developers jumped into the thread as well

Brooklyn Boy
07-09-2012, 01:51 PM

What's even more hysterical is this banana only has 200+ mafia members!

BeniBugatti
07-09-2012, 01:53 PM
I submitted a report about this guy over a month ago.

I suspect this is where that report now resides.

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/raiders.jpg

QPR
07-09-2012, 01:57 PM

I suspect this is where that report now resides.

http://www.thehistoryblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/raiders.jpg

Along with my tickets from three weeks back !

These cheaters have no brains !

iteachem
07-09-2012, 01:58 PM
I will say that at least 3 that I reported were locked and accounts haven't moved since shortly after they were reported. Doesn't appear to be the case this time but I am watching a couple of them and see essentially frozen accounts.

Nicholost
07-09-2012, 01:59 PM

Awesome. http://i66.photobucket.com/albums/h257/nicklepics/nothing%20of%20use/Emoticons/unamused.gif

Thanks for submitting a ticket, BeniBugatti. Maybe once they get enough tickets on a player, they actually look into them.

iteachem
07-09-2012, 02:05 PM
Just visited your wall.. we should all drop by his for a visit

Brooklyn Boy
07-09-2012, 02:07 PM
I will say that at least 3 that I reported were locked and accounts haven't moved since shortly after they were reported. Doesn't appear to be the case this time but I am watching a couple of them and see essentially frozen accounts.

Teach I also reported 2 players in the last two weeks and their accounts were also locked up. One was locked after only 3-4 hours!!

Paulio
07-09-2012, 02:08 PM
Teach I also reported 2 players in the last two weeks and their accounts were also locked up. One was locked after only 3-4 hours!!

Good, sounds like they're taking cheaters more seriously.

BeniBugatti
07-09-2012, 02:10 PM
I bet I've reported at least a dozen similar cheaters in the past couple months. Most of these guys really stand out in the lower levels.

I often see cheaters with 500+ Audi's and incomes less than 150K; this of course is both near impossible and highly irrational. I have an income that dwarfs nearly everyone at my level, and have never even considered buying a single Audi.

I still wonder why Funzio needs me to report them... I would think detecting them via script would be pretty darn easy.

QPR
07-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Good, sounds like they're taking cheaters more seriously.

About time IMHO

iteachem
07-09-2012, 02:11 PM

Glad you see something similar. I am curious about how support handles those that spend gold as well as cheat. Fuzzy and I ran into one guy back when we started this crusade who was money glitching. We hit his nightclubs day and night and reported multiple times. But this player was also buying crates. His income was large enough to win the Golden Defense hands down, but he never got it, but his account was never locked...

iteachem
07-09-2012, 02:18 PM
Assuming Fabio follows the link, I just want to say

http://img.xcitefun.net/users/2010/06/189333,xcitefun-welcome-smiley.jpg
http://crossfitbeyondsport.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/cheater.jpg

QPR
07-09-2012, 02:19 PM
Glad you see something similar. I am curious about how support handles those that spend gold as well as cheat. Fuzzy and I ran into one guy back when we started this crusade who was money glitching. We hit his nightclubs day and night and reported multiple times. But this player was also buying crates. His income was large enough to win the Golden Defense hands down, but he never got it, but his account was never locked...

If a player breaks tos of the game they should be banned regarding of how much rl cash they spend

Gaming Will
07-09-2012, 02:25 PM
Welcome back Nicholost.

I have to add my 2 cents... If they are a "small" gold spender and they cheat...NOTHING will happen to them.

But I still report them.

sister morphine
07-09-2012, 02:51 PM
I think we might only be seeing the really inane cheaters. If you are hacking the game it would be fairly easy to cheat and remain undetected if you didn't go crazy with the items...

I can't figure out the respect cheaters as that is so much easier to spot... at least with money glitches they could in theory claim they are camping.

My bet is we are really only seeing the outliers. Others will be a little more subtle
I reported someone this evening that I suspect is a respect hacker on level 77, but a lot more subtle than most in that he has only awarded himself 200 Tommy Guns, 170 Sawn-offs and around 100 each of various other items. The low fights won and robberies won count (only about 5000 in all) made me smell a rat. My second account has higher stats by a long way, but nothing like this amount of respect items. There's also the usual 100s of high ticket dollar items in guns, city buses etc.

Steve0
07-09-2012, 02:57 PM
Keep it up guys, any bit helps, I have reported many and it looks to be working as well.

Swearengen
07-09-2012, 03:01 PM
I reported one today, money hacker, with billions in ingame cash items, statues, etc...

Maniaxe
07-09-2012, 03:38 PM
I have said this before and asked support with absolutely no reply from CCM or Support. Why are there people whose IPH is absolutely high enough to have won the Golden Defense gun yet it is not in their inventories? This means Funzio suspected them of cheating, did not reward the gun, and yet still allows them to actively play the game. And most of the guys I have come across in that situation have spent a little gold. SO the message here kids is it is ok to cheat as long as you pony up a few dollars.

(SKK)- iteachem
07-09-2012, 03:53 PM
Fabio cuts my hair too fuzzy. he charges me $100 and I feel cheated, making him a cheater.

Bolla
07-09-2012, 07:12 PM
How do i report players then? there is a player called 'dhd' at level 71 atm, who has 410 tommy guns, 618 sawn off shot guns, 633 chain whips 742 full combat gear 398 night vision binoculars and 578 yamaha race bikes, all respect items with only 4000 fights won and 325 robberies won. How do i report this guy properly?

iteachem
07-09-2012, 07:16 PM
From the menus click more then help.. At the top of the help is a contact support button. Provide the details in the email it generates including player name, level and number if possible....

And welcome to the forum

iteachem
07-09-2012, 07:18 PM
Oh and let support know if you have screen shots...sometimes they want them. I also scan their walls for their code and provide that as well. I also try to get them to join me so I can keep track of them

fuzzy
07-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Take snap shot of the player and there inventory. See if you can get there code off of them. Attach photos and as much info about the player within the game support. In the subject line add the word cheater.