PDA

View Full Version : Should we have occasional random events?

echus14
07-08-2012, 11:03 PM
Just to liven things up. Maybe have an occasional random event affecting your Kingdom? Nothing too drastic, but could be good or bad things. Eg, peasant revolt, plague outbreak, exceptionally good harvest, even a visit from the ruler of a rival Kingdom (good for social aspect?). Then there would be corresponding drops for overcoming the issue or even a special unit (doesn't need to be ground breaking but it just makes the particular gamers feel special). Note that I'm thinking that this does not happen to everyone, maybe only 1 in 100 gamers.

MaverickMunkey
07-08-2012, 11:16 PM
Peasant revolt? Peasant Revolt?

Sod that - they wouldn't dare, I have crushed mine under the heel of my authority!

The_Red
07-09-2012, 06:51 AM
Just to liven things up. Maybe have an occasional random event affecting your Kingdom? Nothing too drastic, but could be good or bad things. Eg, peasant revolt, plague outbreak, exceptionally good harvest, even a visit from the ruler of a rival Kingdom (good for social aspect?). Then there would be corresponding drops for overcoming the issue or even a special unit (doesn't need to be ground breaking but it just makes the particular gamers feel special). Note that I'm thinking that this does not happen to everyone, maybe only 1 in 100 gamers.

I think that would be pretty damn cool - could add some additional fun to the game as long as it wasn't too often. Other building games have this type of thing.