PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't I do this sooner?

Paulio
07-08-2012, 11:00 PM
I've been really disappointed with the forum lately. Tower and Dreno33 recently made some passionate threads about this. I dont get too heated over CCM's limited presence and don't even get too bothered with lack of communication about events, etc. What really has been bothering me is all the trolling lately from one particular forum member with multiple personalities.

So, for the first time ever, I'm going to use the "Ignore" button. The first to be ignored are:

-InGameName I
-DBM12C
-Sexkitteh (which is too bad, because I actually enjoyed this member's sense of humor at one point, but now it's getting ridiculous)
-DoubleBarrelMob
-anyone with an SKK prefix (we all know it's the same person mentioned above).
-Philo Bedoe (I don't think this is Sexkitteh, but it's all garbage just the same)

I encourage everyone else who feels the same way to do the same. We may never get a moderator, but we can take action.

dudeman
07-08-2012, 11:07 PM
Another thing that would be helpful is if no one replies to posts from those accounts. And please do not quote them so that others still have to see them! :p

Paulio
07-08-2012, 11:08 PM
True, but these characters know how to push people's buttons, so they will beg for attention until it is given. That's why the best thing to do is to just ignore.

Dangerous Dan
07-08-2012, 11:08 PM
Will the ignore block whatever is written from the "ignored" person? I don't want to see the garbage anymore. Wish I could use the ban button myself.

Paulio
07-08-2012, 11:11 PM
It will say, "This message is hidden because [name] is on your ignore list."

Munch on it
07-08-2012, 11:18 PM
There won't be anything to read if we do that tho

Paulio
07-08-2012, 11:20 PM
There won't be anything to read if we do that tho

I think there's not much good content because all the relevant contributors left, largely due to all the trolling.

dudeman
07-08-2012, 11:23 PM
True, but these characters know how to push people's buttons, so they will beg for attention until it is given. That's why the best thing to do is to just ignore.

Sorry, forgot to mention "in addition" to using the ignore.

Paulio
07-08-2012, 11:25 PM
Sorry, forgot to mention "in addition" to using the ignore.

Yes, good addition

DBM 2IC
07-08-2012, 11:33 PM
I'm outraged why block me? I think yous are the ones that need it

Paulio
07-08-2012, 11:34 PM
This works great. I see someone from the list has commented, but I can't see it.

in-game j
07-09-2012, 12:12 AM
he says: "i so sad, i wank w/ right hand but cut my hand so now i wank w/ left hand, but my left hand weak so i cant wank no mo"

QPR
07-09-2012, 12:40 AM
I've been really disappointed with the forum lately. Tower and Dreno33 recently made some passionate threads about this. I dont get too heated over CCM's limited presence and don't even get too bothered with lack of communication about events, etc. What really has been bothering me is all the trolling lately from one particular forum member with multiple personalities.

So, for the first time ever, I'm going to use the "Ignore" button. The first to be ignored are:

-InGameName I
-DBM12C
-Sexkitteh (which is too bad, because I actually enjoyed this member's sense of humor at one point, but now it's getting ridiculous)
-DoubleBarrelMob
-Philo Bedoe (I don't think this is Sexkitteh, but it's all garbage just the same)

I encourage everyone else who feels the same way to do the same. We may never get a moderator, but we can take action.

I realised this the other day and added all those mentioned to my ignore list

jobadass
07-09-2012, 02:22 AM
Very happy to see you using this feature. I have asked CCM if there could be a "block" feature, so that we could not see their name, nor could they see us....no response.

Gaming Will
07-09-2012, 05:53 AM
How about a freaking IP ban? This is absolutely ridiculous! All of them already ignored!

Sasha54
07-09-2012, 08:20 AM

-InGameName I
-DBM12C
-DoubleBarrelMob

I'm going to follow your advice. This forum used to be good - it's becoming a train wreck!

you forgot Joaquim ...............

QPR
07-09-2012, 08:23 AM
How about a freaking IP ban? This is absolutely ridiculous! All of them already ignored!

I have been saying this for ages but it continues to be ignored

(SKK) - Joaquim
07-09-2012, 08:25 AM
I'm going to follow your advice. This forum used to be good - it's becoming a train wreck!

That's just my old account. I will still comment on both though. Just didn't want my posts to get TOO high over a short period on the old one so people don't think I'm a loser.

(SKK) - Joaquim
07-09-2012, 08:27 AM
I have been saying this for ages but it continues to be ignored

No way! QPR talking about IP bans. This sure is news.

enahs1
07-09-2012, 08:27 AM

Why Joaquim?

(SKK)- iteachem
07-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Why Joaquim?

Because he is SANTA!

(SKK) - Joaquim
07-09-2012, 08:28 AM
Why Joaquim?

Bc I'm a moron I imagine. That and the older forum folk didn't like me when I was Santa.

(SKK)- iteachem
07-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Bc I'm a moron I imagine. That and the older forum folk didn't like me when I was Santa.

Exactly my point

joaquim
07-09-2012, 09:13 AM
Why Joaquim?

The imposter.

InGameName I
07-09-2012, 09:17 AM
The imposter.

Shhh don't tell everyone your a SANTA imposter.
I thought you had cobain in ya veins. Why you still here?
Use the DB, Kurt did

joaquim
07-09-2012, 09:25 AM
Shhh don't tell everyone your a SANTA imposter.
I thought you had cobain in ya veins. Why you still here?
Use the DB, Kurt did

I was talking about the guy pretending to be me.
Hey my ignore list has been pretty busy the past couple of days. Want to be the latest addition?

bigflan
07-09-2012, 09:28 AM
You guys are ridiculous

Heh heh heh

Come to mw no trolled there

Hahahahhahahahahah this is so stupid someone should really tell I mom so she can give him a good slap

joaquim
07-09-2012, 09:32 AM
You guys are ridiculous

Heh heh heh

Come to mw no trolled there

Hahahahhahahahahah this is so stupid someone should really tell I mom so she can give him a good slap

No trolls? No one trying to impersonate you? I should go to MW but I don't want to reinstall the game right now.

enahs1
07-09-2012, 09:36 AM
The only troll on Modern War forum is Flan

Swearengen
07-09-2012, 10:31 AM
the forum has been heading down hill for weeks, i would say it has hit rock bottom currently.

Paulio
07-09-2012, 10:40 AM
the forum has been heading down hill for weeks, i would say it has hit rock bottom currently.

It certainly has. But there's only one way to go from the bottom. By doing this, we can make the forum better. Now, if only we could get some people to stop "replying with quote" ...

joaquim
07-09-2012, 10:46 AM
Now, if only we could get some people to stop "replying with quote" ...

Sorry. :(
I got the problem fixed though.

Paulio
07-09-2012, 11:24 AM
Bump. See also Gaming Will's thread: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37050-Ip-ban-enough-already.

(SKK) - Joaquim
07-09-2012, 12:32 PM
Sorry. :(
I got the problem fixed though.

Good man....