PDA

View Full Version : Hi my name is KoD and I'm a FUNZIOHOLIC!!

Kiss Of Death
07-08-2012, 10:40 PM
Hi,

I feel like I need to confess and help myself. (Possum you are not invited this is a light hearted thread)

JOIN ME AND CONFESS YOUR SIN!

Well lets see 70 days ago I downloaded KA to score free gems in Pirates of the Caribbean... a game I was having fun with... being a girl who loves old fantasy and magic, princesses and dragons I decided what the hell and started it... oh what a mistake... I can only tell children not to start taking Funzio, it's not good for you, it rots your brain... drains your energy and leaves you an emotional mess husk of a person...

But my addiction didn't stop there.... oh no, I saw in Tapjoy another game called Crime City by Funzio and thought I remember my early days of Facebook having some game called mafia wars or something and thought... I wonder if it's a KA version of that... so I down loaded it.... oh my god... I fell in love... robbing, mugging, disrespecting other players... it was fun! I liked it so much I even spent a little money to have fun with some crate things.... I had also downloaded a game from Funzio called Modern War but hadn't done anything than open it and go 'oh yeah' a military game... I liked my fantasy stuff with armor and weapons, units that can die and I loved CC with all the boys in the hood decking them out with cars and stuff....

Then I saw it.... the golden light shone from above.... an ad for an upcoming event Player vs Player... I thought that'd be fun and the addiction started... logging in every 30-50 minutes... not sleeping properly to get more hits... bwahh hah ha I was in my game... then I thought... surely there is a web site for all this? and I found......

THE FORUM.....

So my third addiction started.... in the finance world we call this tying down your customer... loan, pay account, eftpos systems, overdraft, factoring, staff accounts, by the time you've added so many various connections they can't leave it's too hard.... Funzio had me now... KA... CC... Forum...

And I discover there is a PvP leader board posted... two days of them... every one is winging and whining and carrying on about how unfair, gold and long term player will win, you HAVE to spend money to win... and what does this level 31, 2 weeks player find???? She's on the board at 318... then 400... yes I decided I was to slow down for a day and I saw this... OH MY GOD I WAS ON THE CHART!!!! Boo to all the wingers who spent sooo long complaining they didn't even try.. and this little start up player was up there! Back on full time, alarm set... no way I'm dropping off... Then I'm back to 314... one day to go and I had 30 Tapjoy gold... it went on three refills of about 30 Stamina... looks like I didn't need it because I ended up 218th and a Black Widow Shotgun... The bait was set...

Over in KA I thought Crates work out very good for value and gives you a backbone of undying units with grunt... SO I started collecting the sets... and then I saw....

10 Item events... with some interesting special effects... Over in CC I was sooo hooked and on a high from the PvP win... there it was... the golden sniper rifle... +40% respect from fights... ooooooh I was so excited! $160 later in gold and over 120 gold opens and resets (had nine already by 24 hours nd 24 opens) and even overtime... no tenth piece... the anger... the adrenaline... the Aspergers meltdown hit!

Poor support... dozens of angry badly punctuated and misspelled emails... then I hit the Funzio.com contact page and sent angry emails to 'Business' 'General' 'Jobs'.... with no answers coming I turned to the forum and read more and was furious... I turned to iTunes... and was offered by them to discretely reverse every Funzio transaction back to my account... it happened.

But I was addicted... I tried to say no... no you learn once you move on... but alas my weakness was too strong... my Aspie brain had made Funzio one of my "things" now... I had to know it all, I had to understand it all, I had to work out EVERYTHING!!! So... ashamedly I re-spent the money buying gold in KA... but never again was CC to see my money....

By now I thought it's been a month lets look at the MW forums.. and I discovered... friends :) I saw so many people doing calculations my instincts kicked in... I opened the game on my iPhone... hook 4 sank in good and deep. This one was harder than the rest because EVERYTHING dies...

I started making spreadsheets (see sig link to another post below) for KA and then MW... and then the next addiction hits.... I won for free the inferno Hydra.... then I won the Arcane defender for IPH... then I won the Devil Warlord for free.... 3 in a row in KA.... Over in MW I started to play and found I won the Camo Bear for free...

SURELY I said to myself, the odds are not fixed... More gold in account... less items drop... noooo that can't happen...

So I buy 1500 gold for the new MW boat item... I had 1 grenade for free... then 2 more grenades with gold in a row... got to 7 quick... then ages for 8, another 30 gold opens for 9... now since then I have opened 900 gold worth of crates... and that's 60 actual opens... no final item.... So perhaps gold gives a 100% open but gold in your account = don't give the final item until its all gone? well I have 2500 more gold in there and doing cash opens.... no item yet...

BUT THE BIG ADDICTION PROOF IS HERE...

TO see if I can get it... today I dug out an old damaged iPhone (cracked glass) and wiped it, bought a $2 sim to activate it... transferred my game to it, turned off auto lock (Using another phone because if I get rung OT ends), have it running and plugged into power out of kids reach so i can leave it running for days in OT opening the other 100+ crates I have without issue...

I have sooo crossed the line into insanity...

Hi my name is KoD and I'm a Funzioholic...

KoD x

Copenhagen
07-08-2012, 10:50 PM
Great diatribe, KoD. Yes, I read it all. I hope your family doesn't pull an intervention on you. The rest of us addicts need you around here.:p

Kiss Of Death
07-08-2012, 10:58 PM
Great diatribe, KoD. Yes, I read it all. I hope your family doesn't pull an intervention on you. The rest of us addicts need you around here.:p

Me too... oh... and I have a new confession... I need War Priest to take my sins on board.... (whispers) I just bought 1500 gold in CC for the first time in 2 months... only spent a few hundred on some explosives that don't go 'pop' when used. Shhh don't tell anyone I'm too ashamed I actually spent money in CC :)

Copenhagen
07-08-2012, 11:00 PM
Noooooooooooo! There is only one place for buying vaults and that is MW! I tool around for free in KA and CC.

spectra
07-08-2012, 11:18 PM
great post KoD

welcome to the assylum, once you come in, you never leave, hahahahahahahahahahah.............cough, cough,.......hahahahahahahahaah

Thunder Child
07-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Reading that felt like looking deep into my own eyes while shaving.... Disturbing, unsettling, and sadly true. Thank you, KoD for yet anothe great read!

My name is Thunder Child, and I have difficulties remembering who I really am!

Populouspapa
07-09-2012, 12:54 AM
I think my sig says it all..

siL
07-09-2012, 12:59 AM
this is oh so true... I will confess too...
in my case, the first time I downloaded this game was in a hotel lobby, using free wifi, when after 10 minutes of playing, I asked myself, WTH is this BS game!! a war game with no action, but double tapping enemies...what a waste...
luckily I didn't delete the game, and in my spare time, try to play a bit more...

then the EVENTS happen...the first one that I've encountered is the Blue Bandit (+1 valor to attacks?)
got up to 6, but been playing like a fool and adding so much ally, I couldn't find any players to beat in my rivals list..lol
for 2 days trying to find out how to reset my account (figure I could like Smurf Village) but there is none...
So I transfered my old account to my brother's Iphone, and start a new one, and BAM!!
a game changing Event : 67% faster energy replenish!! and what do you know...Beginner's luck, I GOT IT!!
hurray....as KoD said, the hook was set, I spent money to buy gold, to reset my nation from Iran to Russia
and since then been tooo addicted to miss any events that been coming up...

But I have to admit, this game is a game of wits, where strategy is really needed to win, and lots of data and information needs to be calculated before one could be the top.. a really complex, yet addictive game....

YES, I do have a MW Problem!! LOL!!

Mcdoc
07-09-2012, 01:07 AM
It's like the song says - Welcome to Hotel California - you can check out anytime you want - but you Can never leave :)

Jhoemel
07-09-2012, 01:53 AM
Great read kod, that was actually the only long post that I read the whole thing :p

Everson25
07-09-2012, 03:11 AM
I read all and started laughing on my own. Ive never had to explain myself so much to my wife of why I play this game all the time. One day she came and said: "I was getting used with game but now you spend more time in the forum. What's wrong with you? That's addiction!".

Well, I have a confession to do: during my second event the prize was so good that I couldnt miss a try and an opportunity to open a box. I wanted it so madly! I remember I was close and in a moment of insanity I spent £5. I know guys what you will say. That's nothing! I agree but that's not the point I always told my wife that I never spent a dime. Oh no! I lied to my wife because of a game. I think I'm an addicted and I don't know how to be back to my normal life.

-->FISH<--
07-09-2012, 04:21 AM
I'm fine with admitting my addiction but, I'm not going to any meetings. So, if this is a considered a meeting then you'll just have to have them without me. On the other hand if this is just a place for comfort and support, thank you.
I'm in desperate need of help :)....

marebear
07-09-2012, 05:52 AM
That was hilarious 😂 Right on par with this gem...http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29661-You-may-have-a-moder-war-problem-if...

Automaine
07-09-2012, 06:34 AM
This game will make u and then break u, I'm ready for the next event, I hate this so much but can't let it go lol it's like being in a bad relationship.

Fifth Reich
07-09-2012, 09:38 AM
I'm starting to log on less and less and I am not overly addicted anymore because
#1 I attempted less than 50 opens in this event
#2 I only log on 5 times a day
#3 I stay logged on for only five minutes to collect, upgrade, build, and do naval battle :)
#4 I'm too lazy to open crates
#5 I quit at boss 14
#6 I don't do PvP anymore
I have improved a lot during the past few weeks and now I don't wake up in the middle of the night to pop a crate or upgrade a building. In a addiction scale of 1-10 I would be a 3.

1= I spend 15 min on the game every day
5= I spend 1 hour on the game every day
10=I spend 3 hours on the game every day

Kiss Of Death
07-09-2012, 11:18 AM
I'm starting to log on less and less and I am not overly addicted anymore because
#3 I stay logged on for only five minutes to collect, upgrade, build, and do naval battle :)
#5 I quit at boss 14
I have improved a lot during the past few weeks and now I don't wake up in the middle of the night to pop a crate or upgrade a building. In a addiction scale of 1-10 I would be a 3.

Booo.... heckle.... get off the thread... this is for addicts only... you make us all feel bad.... as LuLu would say pfftt!

-->FISH<--
07-09-2012, 11:26 AM
What feakin loser!!!!! I support you mission KOD....

I love reading your post, the first time for content the second for pure enjoyment... ( yes maybe a little creepy) something about an over communicater that keeps my focus. :) lol...with HK and MB not on as much I have to creep on some sultry wordsmithing.

Kiss Of Death
07-09-2012, 11:37 AM
What feakin loser!!!!! I support you mission KOD....

I love reading your post, the first time for content the second for pure enjoyment... ( yes maybe a little creepy) something about an over communicater that keeps my focus. :) lol...with HK and MB not on as much I have to creep on some sultry wordsmithing.

Thank you... well 4.04am and I start work in 4 hours... better go to bed... I have done enough hyper-linking of new unit images to my MW spreadsheet for people tonight... Arrrgh why so many rotten units...

Goodnight Fish.... funny thing. I had fish fingers for a snack tonight... haven't had those in years.

-->FISH<--
07-09-2012, 11:47 AM
YES!!!!! Gol gol gol.... Goalaso....

Fifth Reich
07-09-2012, 05:14 PM
Booo.... heckle.... get off the thread... this is for addicts only... you make us all feel bad.... as LuLu would say pfftt!Throw your phone into a lake so you won't be addicted anymore.

Dreno33
07-09-2012, 05:27 PM
hahaha. your addiction came into fruition quickly lol

SeqWins
07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
Hi KOD my name is Dayron and I have the same problem, I think I'm getting a divorce. Thanks Funzio.

Kiss Of Death
07-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Throw your phone into a lake so you won't be addicted anymore.Won't work... Fish will get it for me... He's my dealer... LolI promise to stop being addicted when I run out of money!

-->FISH<--
07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
Don't worry I'm here to help... Plus it a good thing you work with other peoples money...then you always have a back up plan if you run out. Lol

ZeroCoder
07-10-2012, 12:14 AM
#5 I quit at boss 14

According to your addiction scale, I will be 15. ;)

@ KOD, you are not alone, I'm also a FUNZIOHOLIC!! ^_^

Arizona
07-10-2012, 05:14 AM
Hi my name is KoD and I'm a Funzioholic...

KoD x

Reading your post, I can't stop that song from playing over and over in my head...Xzibit - Alkaholik

bigflan
07-10-2012, 05:32 AM
Hi my name is flan and I'm NOT a funzioholic

But i am a modern war quiter

Arizona
07-10-2012, 08:10 AM
Call it what you wanna call it I'm a Funzio-aholik

Kiss Of Death
07-10-2012, 10:00 AM
Who voted 1 star bet it was fith !

Come on FunzioHolics give it 5 stars !!

bigflan
07-10-2012, 10:02 AM
This thread is a 1 star thread I quit the game and I'm happy I'm a linkacholic

bigflan
07-10-2012, 10:03 AM
I just gave it 1 star

Kiss Of Death
07-10-2012, 10:05 AM
This thread is a 1 star thread I quit the game and I'm happy I'm a linkacholic

I used to think you were funny... now thinking you're just a jerk.

bigflan
07-10-2012, 10:12 AM
I used to think you were funny... now thinking you're just a jerk.flan is funny but he's in a bad mood thanks to gree I go play another game now