PDA

View Full Version : Idea - Damage/Injuries and Repairs/Recovery

JMC
07-08-2012, 09:31 AM
I've had this idea for a while now, but never bothered to write it down or anything. Thought i'd do that now and see what people think of it.

The idea goes like this. Basically every unit in the game has a possibility to be damaged (Including Gold Units). What happens is that once a unit is damaged, it is put out of use for say 48 hours. So you must wait 48 hours in order to use this unit again. It would act alongside actual casualty rates, and likely the damage percent would be identical to the consume percent of a unit. Except for in the case of gold units, where the consume percent is zero, damage percents would have to be made up for each unit.

I think this would help reduce the pretty ridiculous casualty rate that most people experience in the higher levels. Instead of completely losing a unit, you now also have the chance to just have it out of your army for 2 days instead.

Also on top of that, it'd make wars between heavy gold players more interesting. The person would not lose the unit they spend real money on, but the player could still be damaged to some extent and have their stats brought down for a couple of days. This in addition to my idea from a while back called "vengeance" would make for some much more interesting wars, especially for the heavy gold players.

Vengeance idea - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32078-Idea-for-PvP-Vengeance

Now of course some people may not like the idea of having units out of commission for a couple days, particularly the gold players. To make it a little better, there could be a boost building which reduces recovery time by 5% increments all the way up to 50%, making it a 24 hour recovery time at level 10. Also an alternative to waiting for recovery to happen would be to spend cash, valor or gold on the unit. Something like 20% of the cost of the unit, to instantly repair something. So if a B-52 Bomber is damaged ($1,000,000) it would cost $200,000 to instantly repair it. 120 valor for elite ops heli. For gold, maybe a lower rate of 10% so 80 gold for a 800 gold cost unit. Wait the time or spend a little extra funds to regain your power.

EDIT: Raiding the boost building would remove the time reduction until the building is repaired. For example if someone has a level 10 of this building and some units die. They are now on a 24 hour timer. Say 4 hours in, so 20 hours remaining, someone destroys the building. These units would then move to a 40 hour timer. 4 hours later the player checks his base and repairs this building with 36 hours left, the timer would go down to 18 hours. So raiding that building essentially wasted 2 hours of his recovery time.

This is just a rough version of the idea and you guys could input some good tweaks that could make it better.

Tell me what you guys think and explain why you agree with it or why you disagree with it.

bigflan
07-08-2012, 09:35 AM
It's better than losing all my b-52 bombers at least

JMC
07-08-2012, 09:36 AM
It's better than losing all my b-52 bombers at least

Well you'd still lose them, but there would be a 50/50 chance or something like that, that it'd get damaged instead of killed. Sort of like a reduction in casualties, but still a penalty to your stats.

bigflan
07-08-2012, 09:37 AM
Well you'd still lose them, but there would be a 50/50 chance or something like that, that it'd get damaged instead of killed. Sort of like a reduction in casualties, but still a penalty to your stats.??? It's still better than losing all of them specially the commandos why won't they stop dieing

Hassleham
07-08-2012, 09:55 AM
I think this would just complicate things more to be honest. I'd rather they just sort the casualty rate.

However i'm speaking as a low level player, i have no idea what fights and long term wars in the whale zone are like so if i ever get that far maybe my opinion will change.

I did like the vengeance idea though, as far as i can remember! I can't re-read it now though because the tennis is on :rolleyes:

Kiss Of Death
07-08-2012, 10:32 AM
I also posted something similar in the what do you want in MW thread a few days ago. I felt a more simple system for programing would be to just give gold units a cas rate but they go out of action for 7 days, that would allow gold players to weaken each other as well as free players in groups take down a gold or pirate player and would also allow big Gold players to suddenly find themselves cycling through old unused gold units making them useful again.

A lot less complicated.. gold gets cas rate and turn of for set hours (7 days I felt was long enough to make a difference) if 'damaged/wounded' all normal units remain as is.

I've had this idea for a while now, but never bothered to write it down or anything. Thought i'd do that now and see what people think of it.

The idea goes like this. Basically every unit in the game has a possibility to be damaged (Including Gold Units). What happens is that once a unit is damaged, it is put out of use for say 48 hours. So you must wait 48 hours in order to use this unit again. It would act alongside actual casualty rates, and likely the damage percent would be identical to the consume percent of a unit. Except for in the case of gold units, where the consume percent is zero, damage percents would have to be made up for each unit.

I think this would help reduce the pretty ridiculous casualty rate that most people experience in the higher levels. Instead of completely losing a unit, you now also have the chance to just have it out of your army for 2 days instead.

Also on top of that, it'd make wars between heavy gold players more interesting. The person would not lose the unit they spend real money on, but the player could still be damaged to some extent and have their stats brought down for a couple of days. This in addition to my idea from a while back called "vengeance" would make for some much more interesting wars, especially for the heavy gold players.

Vengeance idea - http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?32078-Idea-for-PvP-Vengeance

Now of course some people may not like the idea of having units out of commission for a couple days, particularly the gold players. To make it a little better, there could be a boost building which reduces recovery time by 5% increments all the way up to 50%, making it a 24 hour recovery time at level 10. Also an alternative to waiting for recovery to happen would be to spend cash, valor or gold on the unit. Something like 20% of the cost of the unit, to instantly repair something. So if a B-52 Bomber is damaged ($1,000,000) it would cost $200,000 to instantly repair it. 120 valor for elite ops heli. For gold, maybe a lower rate of 10% so 80 gold for a 800 gold cost unit. Wait the time or spend a little extra funds to regain your power.

EDIT: Raiding the boost building would remove the time reduction until the building is repaired. For example if someone has a level 10 of this building and some units die. They are now on a 24 hour timer. Say 4 hours in, so 20 hours remaining, someone destroys the building. These units would then move to a 40 hour timer. 4 hours later the player checks his base and repairs this building with 36 hours left, the timer would go down to 18 hours. So raiding that building essentially wasted 2 hours of his recovery time.

This is just a rough version of the idea and you guys could input some good tweaks that could make it better.

Tell me what you guys think and explain why you agree with it or why you disagree with it.

Big John
07-08-2012, 10:58 AM
Think it's a good idea. Was just thinking today about gold units and I've got some but I agree that they should get damaged but not lost. Could even include valor units or bring out some new ones which you wouldn't lose.

Fifth Reich
07-08-2012, 11:23 AM
Great idea but there should be a cost to repair some parts.

Hassleham
07-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Great idea but there should be a cost to repair some parts.

Did you even read the whole OP?

JohnnyR
07-08-2012, 12:19 PM
Where's the option to throw GREE some bucks to get this done?

This adds dimension to the game AND solves problems. Making each unit have an equal chance of dying or being damaged helps those who are getting beat up by super gold spenders, and gives gold spenders a decent reason to fiht each other.

I would add that the "damaged" casualties need to reflect in stats.

I would also add that another building idea would be an instant damage repair building. It'll cost gold to buy it, but in game cash to repair units.

JohnnyR
07-08-2012, 12:26 PM
I'm gonna throw a different idea out there-

How about implenting a type of second tier Infirmaries for each of the unit types. What these buildings would do is instead of reducing casualty rates, they would reduce cost of replacing units. Each level would decrease the cost of purchasing a unit from the battle screen that just died. Each building would serve only one type of unit. Make them 250 gold each, fricken A!

Bronson
07-08-2012, 12:28 PM
I like the idea, good one JMC.

I think the repair building for lowering times is a good idea and maybe for an instant repair you could have the option of something like 1 gold per unit or a set price of 20 gold for an instant repair on all units like a stamina or energy refill.

JMC
07-08-2012, 01:30 PM
Where's the option to throw GREE some bucks to get this done?

This adds dimension to the game AND solves problems. Making each unit have an equal chance of dying or being damaged helps those who are getting beat up by super gold spenders, and gives gold spenders a decent reason to fiht each other.

I would add that the "damaged" casualties need to reflect in stats.

I would also add that another building idea would be an instant damage repair building. It'll cost gold to buy it, but in game cash to repair units.

GREE makes money off instant repairs of gold units. As those would cost gold.

Damaged units would not be brought to battle, meaning your stats would be lowered.

As for that second building, i guess you could have that if you want, just makes it harder on the free players lol.

I like the idea, good one JMC.

I think the repair building for lowering times is a good idea and maybe for an instant repair you could have the option of something like 1 gold per unit or a set price of 20 gold for an instant repair on all units like a stamina or energy refill.

There is a gold/money/valor cost, can change it to whatever you like. Maybe a high amount of money or a low amount of gold. Possibly keep the valor out of repairing things.

Anyways, like i said percentage of the cost of something to repair it instantly. Does not make sense for a 900 gold unit to get repaired with 1 gold and for a 50 gold unit to also be repaired for the same amount.

Considering the casualty rates and that the damage rate will be similar, perhaps a lower percentage than the 10% i stated in the OP would be a better option.

Also 20 gold or so to repair all units would make it too easy for the gold players. Needs to be a significant cost but something still reasonable, or they have to wait the time.

Populouspapa
07-08-2012, 01:34 PM
Battlenations anyone?

JMC
07-08-2012, 01:39 PM
I think this would just complicate things more to be honest. I'd rather they just sort the casualty rate.

However i'm speaking as a low level player, i have no idea what fights and long term wars in the whale zone are like so if i ever get that far maybe my opinion will change.

I did like the vengeance idea though, as far as i can remember! I can't re-read it now though because the tennis is on :rolleyes:

Perhaps all units that are damaged in a certain time period, share the same timer. This way there wouldn't be an individual timer for every single unit in your army. Time period could be something like 2 hours. This way a whole group of units would go together.

manbeast
07-08-2012, 01:39 PM
another great idea

Q Raider
07-08-2012, 03:08 PM
Cash, Valor, Loot units can still be lost in a battle requiring replacement.
Cash, Valor, Gold (and Loot?) may be damaged in a battle and require repair.
Repair times VARY depending on the unit, time can be reduced by using Gold.

I like the idea, adds dimension and tactics into the game. Think there would probably be the need for people to have some sort of control over their unit attack/Defence makeup (eg: having a few " reserves" in place which can come in to replace a damaged or lost unit)

Hellstorm
07-08-2012, 03:14 PM
They should just fix the casualty rate... It makes me sick how I lose 900 worth of valor units in a single attack, that happens too much. I dont think the infirmary has any reduction power in the cas rates.

War Priest
07-08-2012, 03:17 PM
I hate public polls... So I choose not to vote. :rolleyes:

Hassleham
07-08-2012, 03:20 PM

Man up haha

War Priest
07-08-2012, 03:22 PM
Man up haha

That's ok... I'll let my opinion be a mystery.

Tate
07-08-2012, 03:32 PM
I like the idea and I'm completely in favor of implementation of something along these lines. I don't think it would be all that difficult for the devs to figure out how to do it, except they already dont feel there is a problem with the current cas rates...I think that the casualty rates have to be fixed as well, it can even out the playing field for non gold users to a to a huge extent!

CAPT.GIN
07-08-2012, 03:52 PM
No don't like it... Two days is two long to wait on units as well...

Tate
07-08-2012, 04:03 PM
well, as JMC points out, you can buy your way back if you don't want to wait. I think it's a neat idea but will likely never get off the ground since they don't pay attention to us anyways

JohnnyR
07-08-2012, 04:09 PM
That's ok... I'll let my opinion be a mystery.

Stand and be counted man! Every post you make is a public opinion, what's the difference in a poll, lol?

JMC, my bit added might be harder on free players, but that's what TJ gold is for.

Vballmadam
07-08-2012, 06:06 PM
I believe they should just reduce the casualty rates.

Fifth Reich
07-08-2012, 07:07 PM
Did you even read the whole OP?Yes I did but that was for INSTANT repairs.

JMC
07-09-2012, 06:46 AM

Made public so its more likely that people dont just vote randomly as everyone else can see. Makes people more inclined to explain why they voted for what they did.

Although seeing as you are a gold player and benefits are limited to the heavier gold users, i can assume you disagree with it.

JMC
07-09-2012, 06:49 AM
I believe they should just reduce the casualty rates.

For all the people that are saying this. The casualty rates thing was a bonus. The reduction in casualty rates was not my original intention of the idea at all. Just thought it'd make the idea more appealing, i guess not?

My original intention was to make it so that war versus a gold player was more interesting and actually possible for a free player to win for at least a couple days. Not only free vs gold but gold vs gold. Right now people with full gold armies war and both sides get nowhere, whats the point?

On a side note, the casualty rates are actually sort of reasonable when i look at it. It was unreasonable when anyone of any strength netted casualties no matter what, but now i can attack people of up to around 20K defence if they have under 1000 units and get zero all or most of the time. I've even gotten zero casualties twice against a player with 36000 defence and a full army of 2000. Although very rare, it happened. People complain about losing valor units, though i'd bet they lose more cash/loot/meatshields. And if they don't i'd bet it's because they have more valor than other units, which only makes sense for their rate to be higher.

No don't like it... Two days is two long to wait on units as well...

Well so far, everyone who has voted no, has said just about nothing as to why they disagree. One sentence at most. Also most are low level campers (sorry i don't value your opinions as much when it comes to PvP, you probably understand why).

Two days is better than permanent death, and is actually quite short, considering not much too of your army is going to get damaged/injured. There is also a boost building which lowers it to 1 day or the option to eliminate recovery time all together for both free and gold players.

Hassleham
07-09-2012, 07:49 AM
I've been thinking more about this, i originally voted against it but after more thought i think it could work.
I don't think the current idea would improve pvp for free players attacking gold players. You've said that it would give free players a chance to beat gold players but if both users have units with a chance to be damaged then surely the strength free player would dwindle at the same rate as the gold player so the free player would still have no advantage.

In order to give the free player more of a chance, the damage possibility should only affect indestructible units (and maybe valor units as well). Therefore, even though the free player will probably lose some event items they've earned for free, they will still have a cash-unit army to give them enough strength to counter the gold player.
On top of that, this will encourage gold players to work on getting a decent income so that they have strong cash units to back up their gold army when units are damaged.

JMC
07-09-2012, 08:35 AM
I've been thinking more about this, i originally voted against it but after more thought i think it could work.
I don't think the current idea would improve pvp for free players attacking gold players. You've said that it would give free players a chance to beat gold players but if both users have units with a chance to be damaged then surely the strength free player would dwindle at the same rate as the gold player so the free player would still have no advantage.

In order to give the free player more of a chance, the damage possibility should only affect indestructible units (and maybe valor units as well). Therefore, even though the free player will probably lose some event items they've earned for free, they will still have a cash-unit army to give them enough strength to counter the gold player.
On top of that, this will encourage gold players to work on getting a decent income so that they have strong cash units to back up their gold army when units are damaged.

Yeah, the idea is more about effecting the gold units. I guess it could work if it were solely for gold units as well.

Free player vs gold player, yes the gold player would eventually win, since attacking casualties would be too high for the free player. But what could happen is the free player could constantly attack the gold player, injuring more and more of his units, before the gold player could recover (without spending for an instant recovery). So if he really committed to it, he could keep a gold player down until he is forced to spend for either more units, or instant recoveries.

Also this goes best when coupled with my vengeance idea. This would allow a free player to do much more damage, and many more attacks, while taking less casualties. More likely that the gold player initiated, so for a free player to even be able to retaliate makes things more interesting.

Of course this is best case scenario in a war between a free player who can compete with gold spenders. In many cases the free player still gets dominated regardless. Both ideas are to make wars between players who are close in stats much more interesting.

Thief
07-09-2012, 09:36 AM
@JMC. Overall i like the idea. I think it would be much more fun helping to put armies out of commissioning for 2 days. I think 2 days is certainly reasonable and if anything might be on the light side. Maybe 72 hours with each 24 hour incriment cheaper to bring back your unit(s)

I also think this should be implemented with the (toggle on/off) feature i brought up. Combining these two factors into the game would make it a much deeper and more rewarding strategy war game in my honest opinion. Then casualty rates which are too high in my honest opinion have the opportunity to be offset by the players without having to increase/decreae allies.