PDA

View Full Version : My E-Mail to Funzio (Stability, Etc.)

scottmac112
07-07-2012, 07:04 PM
I figured I would post my e-mail to Funzio that I sent a couple of weeks ago. I haven't gotten a response (of course), but I figured I would see what the players/developers here thought.

Dear Funzio:

I have been a loyal player of Crime City on my iPad since December 2011 and I have a lot of time invested in this game, and I don't mean any disrespect here, but I ask: do you beta test your new releases before they're released? I ask this because it seems that each new release is buggier than the last, and it's gotten so bad with this last release that I finally feel compelled to speak out. Here are my complaints with this last release:

First, and most importantly, the app has become so crash-prone that I doubt each time I rob or fight someone that I will actually collect my winnings. It crashes most when I am robbing a property or in the middle of a fight; this last time, just 20 minutes ago, I lost over $19,000 dollars that I had won in the previous fight that had been uncollected (it was sitting in the street). It also seems that many of the crashes occur when I am at an especially lucrative property, and I am robbing the first property.

The second is that item and special event items (ATMs, for instance) have lost their icons. This is minor in comparison to the first, but I still find it noteworthy. Additionally, a count is no longer displayed above the icon in the lower-left corner of the screen.

I hope that you will take the time to read this e-mail and take action on these disruptive bugs. It is really frustrating to have so much time invested in a game and it crash approximately five times a day, especially when I am losing lots of potential in-game money because of it.

Many thanks, and I hope to hear back from you soon,

Scott [last name & FID redacted]

joaquim
07-07-2012, 07:08 PM
I'm pretty sure the game crashes more than 5 times a day. Just recently, my game crashed 3 times in 15 minutes.

ruffy
07-07-2012, 07:26 PM
If u have a iPhone why not transfer to iPhone as game is much stable there. I agree with u that iPad version is horrible. It crashes every now and then.

erik
07-07-2012, 07:26 PM
Maybe this was the official fix for all the ipad event extenders.

scottmac112
07-07-2012, 07:31 PM
If u have a iPhone why not transfer to iPhone as game is much stable there. I agree with u that iPad version is horrible. It crashes every now and then.

If I had one, I would. I just started playing it on my iPad, and so I'm used to having all that screen space to work with. And I would play the Android version on my HTC Inspire 4G if I could transfer my existing game, but of course I can't.

And as someone mentioned, the bug with the nonexistent item drop icons (bag with question mark) and the counter on the event icon has been fixed since. But seriously, the app was stable when I started playing. It crashes all the time now. That's why I asked the honest question, do they bug-test before they put out a new release?

iteachem
07-07-2012, 07:44 PM
Interesting with regards to ipad crashes.. 1 or 2? I have a two and don't have many crashes at all. One that continually shows up is if I load up my mafia list and scroll really fast it almost always crashes

scottmac112
07-07-2012, 07:55 PM
Interesting with regards to ipad crashes.. 1 or 2? I have a two and don't have many crashes at all. One that continually shows up is if I load up my mafia list and scroll really fast it almost always crashes

It's the 1st. But even ^that shouldn't be happening. They need to fricking bug test the releases. It's ridiculous that they're one of the top apps on the App Store, and have all these loyal players, and yet they treat us like this. They roped us in, and now they're treating us like crap. And I know I haven't spent a dime on this game, but there are people that have spent a lot of good money on it. I can only imagine how ripped off they feel.

And besides which, it shouldn't matter which generation of the iPad it is. The functionality of this game hasn't changed all that much since the initial release. It ought to play just as it did in November, and it doesn't, and I can only blame shoddy coding and QA. And I work in the software industry; I ought to know.