PDA

View Full Version : CCM - Speed Demon + D|ce = 32.5% faster, not 35%

erik
07-07-2012, 04:50 PM
Speed demon bonus is applied after dice bonus, not to your base time.

I wonder if this is an oversight or the intended stacking of items going forward.

How does this square with crazy hit and runner and new knuckles (aka your kid's college money)?

This would be a great point of clarification for the community as folks may be spending for a different net result.

Thanks.

dudeman
07-07-2012, 05:01 PM
Cla-ri-fi-ca-tion...?

What's that?

erik
07-07-2012, 05:15 PM
Both items speed up your upgrade time.

D|ce 25%
Speed Demon 10% - from the last event.

One might expect that owning these items mean your upgrades are 35% faster, but they are not. They are 32.5% faster.

Perhaps this diminishing return will be applied to everything as more items emerge or perhaps it is an oversight.

dudeman
07-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Both items speed up your upgrade time.

D|ce 25%
Speed Demon 10% - from the last event.

One might expect that owning these items mean your upgrades are 35% faster, but they are not. They are 32.5% faster.

Perhaps this diminishing return will be applied to everything as more items emerge or perhaps it is an oversight.

Okay, sarcastic point may have been missed. I'll accept responsibility for that. What I meant was that we rarely see clarification over this type of thing here, and most threads with the letters "CCM" in the title get locked and ignored.

I was expecting both items to add up and provide 35% faster upgrades, but I've had an upgrade in progress since before acquiring the Speed Demon and haven't been able to test it out yet. Sounds like it sucks though... I know the original upgrade times from the spreadsheet, and I already have to calculate the 25% reduction. Now I'm going to have to do another -10% instead of just one -35%?

That's not cool. This means I spent all the free gold I had in the last several hours of the event to obtain the item, all based on a misunderstanding caused by a lack of clarity, a lack of transparency, and no explanation.

I guess I should't be surprised, but the way this company cons their customers is so disrespectful my teeth hurt. How the gold was obtained is irrelevant. My choice on how to spend it is not based on how I got it.

Poor show "Fun"zio/Gree.

Poor show indeed. :rolleyes::mad:

Zendfrim
07-07-2012, 06:43 PM
if all the other stacked bonuses are handicapped in the same fashion, I don't care, but if these are the only items that have diminishing returns... Funzio, we have a serious problem....

i need muney
07-07-2012, 06:47 PM
32.5 is just high enough to be 35, didnt you know?

Zendfrim
07-07-2012, 06:52 PM
between 32.5 and 35, I will take the latter.

i need muney
07-07-2012, 06:58 PM
between 32.5 and 35, I will take the latter.
Guess again ;D

Zendfrim
07-07-2012, 07:18 PM
guess again indeed. thanks Funzio. this is becoming predictable. you guys still have something to fix. you got it working, so now lets get the bonus working PROPERLY.

iteachem
07-07-2012, 07:23 PM
erik.. tried to pm you.. you have exceeded storage space.. had a question for you

erik
07-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Inbox purged! Try again.

white frog
07-07-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm glad someone posted this on here... I was just getting ready to start another thread asking about the mechanics involved with multiple items that have an effect on the same stat.

Has anyone else noticed a particular effect with the others?:

Tycoon and Fighter Exosuit?
Diamond Fists and Fire Monster?

erik
07-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Have you seen anyone with the exosuit Whitefrog? ... man would I love that one!

Carlos,
07-07-2012, 08:36 PM
erik did you change your forum name?

erik
07-07-2012, 08:38 PM
no, but I have been working a lot lately and not on all that much.

Megbone
07-07-2012, 09:20 PM
I started my first upgrade w/the street demon and I don't see any difference in my upgrade time? It's been counting down as usually.

erik
07-07-2012, 09:34 PM
@Megbone - the counter does not progress faster, it just begins with a shorter time... but perhaps not short enough to my calculations!

hinofwars
07-08-2012, 03:35 AM
I'm glad someone posted this on here... I was just getting ready to start another thread asking about the mechanics involved with multiple items that have an effect on the same stat.

Has anyone else noticed a particular effect with the others?:

Tycoon and Fighter Exosuit?
Diamond Fists and Fire Monster?

The Exosuit does not work and the buildings are still 10% more due to goodfella.

i need muney
07-08-2012, 04:34 AM
You can always try to refund through iTunes, but first contact support.

Max Power
07-08-2012, 07:30 AM
They call this waterfalling in the wholesale business.

In a way, I can see it. When the event was announced, they said 10% inprovement. Clearly what they meant was 10% improvement from where you are, not from where you started the game. They could be more clear, for sure, but if they keep running these events, eventually you will be able to upgrade instantly. Not that that is a bad thing, but I am sure, and if we did a survey here 99% of the people would agree, that that was not Funzios intent.

white frog
07-08-2012, 07:36 AM
I gotta say.. these new scratcher items really make it a pain to keep the spreadsheet updated. I spent 6 hours last night adding in the new equipment and altering the effects into the data! Not that I'm complaining... actually, yeah.. I don't even have one of the items! What the heck???

Hey Funzio.. I've heard a lot of people saying that I should be paid in gold for the spreadsheet work! Well, how about lettimg me have one or two of these items??? Haha..

Megbone
07-08-2012, 08:18 AM
@Megbone - the counter does not progress faster, it just begins with a shorter time... but perhaps not short enough to my calculations!
Hey Erik, thanks for that. Defiantly not short enough! How is anyone to trust that! When most people don't even know upgrade time(s). I guess simple arithmetic is the answer.and. Of course per upgrade because times differ.

erik
07-08-2012, 09:52 AM
@ Max -

Great points, and certainly the case if they are going to continue dropping a lot of items with the same effect (unless they cap). I just want to understand their approach to the math on stacked items going forward. There are attk items we can not even see the effects (so be it) that it would be great to just understand how they function with other items.

Max Power
07-08-2012, 09:55 AM
@ Max -

Great points, and certainly the case if they are going to continue dropping a lot of items with the same effect (unless they cap). I just want to understand their approach to the math on stacked items going forward. There are attk items we can not even see the effects (so be it) that it would be great to just understand how they function with other items.

Make no mistake, the process should be transparent, and up front, since people ARE spending real money. They deserve to know what they are getting. I can just see why they did it this way though.

jobadass
07-08-2012, 01:20 PM
I gotta say.. these new scratcher items really make it a pain to keep the spreadsheet updated. I spent 6 hours last night adding in the new equipment and altering the effects into the data! Not that I'm complaining... actually, yeah.. I don't even have one of the items! What the heck???

Hey Funzio.. I've heard a lot of people saying that I should be paid in gold for the spreadsheet work! Well, how about lettimg me have one or two of these items??? Haha..Ummm, yea, you should. Hope thanks is sufficient though.

white frog
07-08-2012, 01:35 PM
Ummm, yea, you should. Hope thanks is sufficient though.
More than sufficient! I do it cause I love you guys!

erik
07-08-2012, 02:21 PM
Sounds like I duplicated an older thread and Babytway got the official lowdown which is Max's description.

Like items do not stack against the base. This is good news for attack and defense modifiers if you have them.

Cheers.

ps great work white frog.