PDA

View Full Version : FAO: dillinja and Joey

QPR
07-07-2012, 02:04 AM
Thoughts please chaps

Queens Park Rangers agreed a £5 million deal to sign Park Ji Sung from Manchester United last night and will unveil ambitious plans for a new stadium on Monday to underline their intention to become an established club in the top flight.
The proposed stadium is understood to be in White City, near Loftus Road in West London, and will have a retractable roof and seating, allowing it to be used for concerts and other indoor events, The Times has learnt.
QPR said it would put the brand “on a global scale” and they believe that the extra income generated from the 35,000 capacity — compared with 18,360 at their present site — together with sponsorship from a naming-rights deal and improved corporate facilities will help the club to maintain their status in the Barclays Premier League.
The ability to turn the stadium into an indoor arena means that they will be able to compete with the O2, in southeast London, to hold concerts and exhibitions to generate further revenue. Loftus Road is expected to be sold off for redevelopment into housing, although there may be some restrictions on the site that limit its value.
Tony Fernandes, the QPR chairman, has already announced plans to move to a state-of-the-art training ground next summer and has now turned attention to the new stadium, likely to cost about £180 million.
“Excellent stadium meeting Wow,” Fernandes wrote on Twitter. “Looks great. Going to make big announcement. Hopefully see Amit [Bhatia, vice-chairman] in a few hours to brief him. Stadium will be in West London. Will not lose overall atmosphere. Lots to do and many pitfalls but great first step.”
QPR narrowly avoided relegation on the final day of last season after a run of five wins and six defeats in the last 11 games, but the club are preparing to sign Park and William Gallas, the Tottenham Hotspur defender, to add to the four experienced players who have arrived this summer.
Park, a former South Korea captain, has made more than 130 league appearances for United since he moved from PSV Eindhoven. The midfielder, 31, started the Champions League finals in 2009 and 2011, with the club losing both times to Barcelona.
The newcomers would follow Robert Green, Andrew Johnson and Ryan Nelsen, all of whom arrived on free transfers, and Samba Diakité, the midfielder who joined permanently for £4 million from Nancy. QPR are hoping to sign one more striker this summer.
Djibril Cissé, the striker, said that he was looking forward to playing with Johnson. “He can score goals and run a lot for the team,” he said. “Competition is good for everyone. It was important to build on the squad from last season, because if you want to improve and take the club to another level, you need some new players and you need some quality players — that’s what the club is trying to do.”

QPR
07-07-2012, 02:06 AM
Soon to take over those naughty east londoners in the pl pecking order !

doinkent
07-07-2012, 02:34 AM
5mil for a 31year old squad player. good business from united

QPR
07-07-2012, 02:55 AM
5mil for a 31year old squad player. good business from united

2 mill if the beeb are to be believed. I was more citing dillinja most recent remark that we are sh.it. New stadium, new training ground decent squad I beg to differ with him and his welsh friend

i need muney
07-07-2012, 03:08 AM
2 mill if the beeb are to be believed. I was more citing dillinja most recent remark that we are sh.it. New stadium, new training ground decent squad I beg to differ with him and his welsh friend
Your inbox is full.

QPR
07-07-2012, 03:18 AM
[QUOTE=i need muney;317692]Your inbox is full.[/QUOTE

Ok now

Joeycool
07-07-2012, 04:15 AM
Park will be a good signing for you.

Traing facility is a good move. Although man u trained at the cliff untill a few years ago so good training facilities are not the be all and end all.

The most important thing for any aspiring club is to invest in a youth academy in my opinion. So money going into something like that would have been a better investment. But looks like exiting times for you boys.

When a team spends money on older players they really need to produce results quickly though. Then they can attract younger more long term player investment. Or the cash spent means little because the players retire leaving a weak team behind. Think middlesbrough in the robson days.

Looking forward to the PL. (I think the Olympics will be laughable for us unfortunately. Imagine not selecting becks. I don't know what he was thinking!!)

QPR need a good season! Time will tell. The footballing power is up north at the moment!

Ohaithere
07-07-2012, 04:44 AM
Didn't Manchester united just sign a young player from Japan? I think the new signing will sell them more shirts so they can sell on park now, he will be good for qpr though

Dillinja
07-07-2012, 07:58 AM
Buying a 31yr sub for 5mill is hardly a statement of intent (unless the intent is playing CH1 the season after)
all the players you've mentioned were good players but are way past their best years.

Last season you stayed up not because you were good, but because those around you were sh1te.
Although i do like spakry, I think he should never have left the Blackburn job, you saw the money he wasted at Citeh with some of his buys. Also you do know that Fernandes proclaimed himself to be a Hammer and first tried to buy them.
Only bought QPR when the hammers bid failed, so it's purely a business not a love of the club scenario.

I expect this PL to be even more exciting than last year's. It's getting to the stage where a lot of clubs on their day can beat any of the top 6. Dont think QPR will be relegated but bottom half for sure.

Daniel2115
07-07-2012, 08:06 AM
Soccers the worst sport on the planet. Period

Who wants to watch a bunch of dudes run back and forth for however long it is and only see a goal or two scored. That sounds exciting!!
Play a real mans sport like football (the real football, american football). Id watch just about any sport before I watched a full game of soccer.

bigflan
07-07-2012, 08:10 AM
Queens park rangers suck period go cheer for a real team and yes soccer is boring I've been to multiple man u matches and fallen asleep cause it boring

Philo Beddoe
07-07-2012, 08:11 AM

Who wants to watch a bunch of dudes run back and forth for however long it is and only see a goal or two scored. That sounds exciting!!
Play a real mans sport like football (the real football, american football). Id watch just about any sport before I watched a full game of soccer.

why do they call american football, football when the only time the foot is involved is on a kickoff, pat, punt or field goal. thats maybe what 2% of the game? wouldn't tackle ball be a better name ? not as catchy, but more accurate.

Joeycool
07-07-2012, 08:14 AM
why do they call american football, football when the only time the foot is involved is on a kickoff, pat, punt or field goal. thats maybe what 2% of the game? wouldn't tackle ball be a better name ? not as catchy, but more accurate.

A more appropriate name, as discussed before on here would be "hug egg"

Philo Beddoe
07-07-2012, 08:19 AM
Queens park rangers suck period go cheer for a real team and yes soccer is boring I've been to multiple man u matches and fallen asleep cause it boring

and yes qpr football does indeed suck dog sh.it. a simple google search for "qpr football is sh.it" returns over 100,000 hits. but hey, it's always good to overpay a bench player. at least you have THAT goin for ya.

Ragmondino
07-07-2012, 08:45 AM
Soon to take over those naughty east londoners in the pl pecking order !

I think you boys are gonna have a good year and tony will be good for your club. But only if he doesn't sign to many players again this summer. The nucleus is already there. But who is the naughty east Londoners? Hope your not talking about us hammers

Daniel2115
07-07-2012, 08:51 AM
A more appropriate name, as discussed before on here would be "hug egg"

a more appropriate name for soccer would be flop ball since all the soccer players do is flop every time someone comes around them. They're too scared to get touched by someone, then they drop to the floor crying. HAHA those soccer players are something else

American Football was started out of rugby where the use their feet alot more

QPR
07-07-2012, 09:08 AM
I think you boys are gonna have a good year and tony will be good for your club. But only if he doesn't sign to many players again this summer. The nucleus is already there. But who is the naughty east Londoners? Hope your not talking about us hammers

Thanks mate. "naughty east londoners" was a more tongue in cheek comment and to be honest as millwall and many others have found out recently we aren't all that friendly. Lol

Good luck to the hammers next year I've always had a soft spot for them as my Missus is from canning town ! Lovely area that is......!!!

Joeycool
07-07-2012, 09:09 AM
Hmm. Well. American football is one of the least popular sports in the world. It is predominately only an US sport.

Football is the most popular sport in the world.

If you are from the US you will disagree with this statement.

If you are from any where else in the world you will agree.

QPR
07-07-2012, 09:12 AM
IMHO the only good export "sport" they have is wwe

People power init

joaquim
07-07-2012, 09:12 AM
Hmm. Well. American football is one of the least popular sports in the world. It is predominately only an US sport.

Football is the most popular sport in the world.

If you are from the US you will disagree with this statement.

If you are from any where else in the world you will agree.

I live in the US but I agree with your statement.

doinkent
07-07-2012, 09:36 AM

lol american football? nobody watches that sh!t outside ur country. tell me how your sport is exciting? it is just stop-start and has no flow. and also lol @ real men, the real men that wear pads everywhere probably including on their vaginas? if youre gona watch any type of football with an oval ball, try watching australian rugby league, easily tougher than your little fairy sh!t you got running over there. no protection needed here

Daniel2115
07-07-2012, 12:13 PM
lol american football? nobody watches that sh!t outside ur country. tell me how your sport is exciting? it is just stop-start and has no flow. and also lol @ real men, the real men that wear pads everywhere probably including on their vaginas? if youre gona watch any type of football with an oval ball, try watching australian rugby league, easily tougher than your little fairy sh!t you got running over there. no protection needed here

So your telling me a bunch of big a** guys hitting eachother as hard as they can isn't exciting? I don't know what your
Definition of exciting is but I'd call that alot more exciting than little skinny guys running back and forth not doing anything except turning the ball over, and then once in a blue moon they'll score a goal. Soccer players literally look like they got sniped by someone in the stands every time someone even thinks about touching them. Yeah, that's exciting!! The opening kick off in a American football game has more contact than an entire soccer game.

And about the rugby, I don't disagree about that.I never said anything about rugby not being exciting. If you read all the post you'd see I said American football was created from rugby so I've got no problem with the sport. Youve got to be a man to play those sports unlike soccer.

WinkadInk
07-07-2012, 12:17 PM
I stopped reading at thoughts please...got too long to read lol

Joeycool
07-07-2012, 12:35 PM
So your telling me a bunch of big a** guys hitting eachother as hard as they can isn't exciting? I don't know what your
Definition of exciting is but I'd call that alot more exciting than little skinny guys running back and forth not doing anything except turning the ball over, and then once in a blue moon they'll score a goal. Soccer players literally look like they got sniped by someone in the stands every time someone even thinks about touching them. Yeah, that's exciting!! The opening kick off in a American football game has more contact than an entire soccer game.

And about the rugby, I don't disagree about that.I never said anything about rugby not being exciting. If you read all the post you'd see I said American football was created from rugby so I've got no problem with the sport. Youve got to be a man to play those sports unlike soccer.

So you are only interested in contact sports. Everything else is boring.

100M sprinting boring... no contact

Tennis - boring... no big hits in that.

Football!!?? No armour allowed in that! No big tackles boring.

20/20 Cricket?? They dont even make any physical contact at all!

Formula one racing??? You are joking me right??? I never saw a single fight in it!!

Infact the Olympic games thats about to begin... all rubbish! Oh hang on they have wrestling right? Thats kind of okay because at least they touch each other.

You need to consider that there is more to "exciting sport" than contact.

Skill, technique, power, speed, ability, stamina?

WinkadInk
07-07-2012, 12:55 PM
I challenge him to swimming ^_^ toughest sport ever, ask any American football player and they agree

QPR
07-07-2012, 01:11 PM

Formula one racing??? You are joking me right??? I never saw a single fight in it!!

Infact the Olympic games thats about to begin... all rubbish! Oh hang on they have wrestling right? Thats kind of okay because at least they touch each other.

I reckon Daniel must be a shirt lifter seeing as he loves contact sports so much

QPR
07-07-2012, 01:14 PM

The Olympics is a load of old pony. I cant stress how pleased I am to be avoiding that bs getting on the tube during it.

Bea
07-07-2012, 01:49 PM
up the arse!

QPR
07-07-2012, 03:07 PM
up the arse!

You a gooner or is that a sexual preference ?

Bea
07-07-2012, 03:45 PM
You a gooner or is that a sexual preference ?

Ha! Well, grandad used to say that his grandad played for the Woolwich Arsenal so it's a bit in the family, but I haven't really taken much interest since the Bergkamp era, never seen them play. Only ever been to 3 matches in my life, 2 at Wembley and 1 at Vicarage Road.