PDA

View Full Version : Eggs Race - Predictions Game

MSH
07-06-2012, 11:47 PM
While getting all those “sorry” messages all the time is becoming boring and somewhat annoying, watching the races to top 25 and to top 250 is kind of interesting.

Last time getting to top 50 required at least 72 vials and some 7k gems (don’t remember exact number, but think 72 is close enough), while cut off for top 50 was at around 21 vials. Getting there required considerable luck and probably a few gems as well (my guess is about a couple of hundreds just to make sure that the boxes are open with no gems used for timer reset).

With exactly 2 days left till the end of the Eggs Race, cut off for the top 25 is already at 43 and for the top 250 at whopping 17 (I have got paltry 9 using middle option only some 14 -15 times/day).

While Wild Stallion (perfect name for the race IMO) keeps his ridiculously high lead at 96 eggs vs 81 for the second place so far, the rest of the field is skewed towards the bottom with the lower 15 places spreading between 43 and 58 eggs. Have no doubts that there are plenty more people eying that Elder Dragon of Dark Flame (EDDF) and accelerating their gem spend as I type this.

My guess is that at the end we would have a photo finish at the bottom of Top 25 with cut off being at around 82-85 eggs (WS still there) and gem spend at around 8k to 9.5k to get there. Quite a few heavy spenders are bound to be left behind at say 75 eggs or so, making them understandingly unhappy (unless more than 25 EDDFs being quietly distributed to runners up just to quell the backlash;)).

For the top 250 I expect some 25+ eggs cut off and close to 500 gems spent on average (which might not be such a bad investment to get Red Dragon Consort).

Cant promise any reward for the best guess, but do think that predictions game is fun in itself…and might help those in the run to gauge their bets better :)

Joie
07-07-2012, 11:45 AM
My guess is the board mysteriously "goes down" for the last hour again to force widespread speculation and more gem spending for those in the unknown area. Pretty weak play, but it will help them turn the money senders upside down and shake whatever coin they have left in their pockets.

MSH
07-07-2012, 01:30 PM
BETTING GAME PROPOSITION :)

There actually might be a chance to make this game a bit more fun for everyone, at least theoretically.

For example – at the beginning of each quasi auction style box event, one forwards a submission to GREE predicting top three winning results (eggs, vials, whatever). Let’s say, each submission costs 5 gems and each winner gets an indestructible unit. In this case the company gets some extra revenues, while regular players could get at least some real reason to be interested in the final outcome…

BTW, there might be an option to forward a prediction using a “gold option”, but in this case there would be only a “fair” chance (whatever it is) that your submission is accepted ;0

asdfg12345
07-08-2012, 10:13 AM
BETTING GAME PROPOSITION :)

There actually might be a chance to make this game a bit more fun for everyone, at least theoretically.

For example – at the beginning of each quasi auction style box event, one forwards a submission to GREE predicting top three winning results (eggs, vials, whatever). Let’s say, each submission costs 5 gems and each winner gets an indestructible unit. In this case the company gets some extra revenues, while regular players could get at least some real reason to be interested in the final outcome…

BTW, there might be an option to forward a prediction using a “gold option”, but in this case there would be only a “fair” chance (whatever it is) that your submission is accepted ;0
Thats just gonna piss more people off lol. If they were to do that, the first submission would be gold and rest are with gems.

MSH
07-08-2012, 12:18 PM
Thats just gonna piss more people off lol. If they were to do that, the first submission would be gold and rest are with gems. of course, you might be right, but from the buzz perspective is. Not being pissed off beats being indifferent ;)? Also, a price for submission (5 gems, or 3 gems, or whatever) should be so small, that virtually everybody might be tempted to play to get a chance to win at least something, provided the prediction turned out to be correct. :) IMHO

taxing
07-08-2012, 07:50 PM
by calling it a betting game you incur a new set of laws and scrutiny. Its already a bit murky what Funzio/Gree is doing now with the boxes - rewards - $$$, especially given they don't tell people the odds.

MSH
07-08-2012, 08:12 PM
by calling it a betting game you incur a new set of laws and scrutiny. Its already a bit murky what Funzio/Gree is doing now with the boxes - rewards - $$$, especially given they don't tell people the odds.
You are absolutely right about the legalize of course - do not want to insist on "betting" part, as long, as there is at least some fun/reward for us, mere mortals in the process somewhere, not just for heavy gem spenders alone ;)

MSH
07-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Well - it's official - cut off for the Top 25 was 89 eggs with 13 players reaching 100 and up (the absolute "leader" amassed whopping 155 eggs - more than twice, than an entry to top 50 last time). Cut off for Top 250 was 28 - most likely at least some gems needed to achieve that number...and of course, the screen was frozen again at the end...too add suspense, I suppose ;)

I wonder what next - Top 10 and Top 100, or something more interesting for the regular players?

AZL82
07-09-2012, 02:21 AM
i got 28 but i dont have the top 250th price yet

Durwood
07-09-2012, 05:30 AM
28! Wow. I got 9....again.....for the 3rd time. The last 16 boxes I opened were all busts. If I could have at least gotten 10 or 15 I would have considered buying gems to try and at least compete for the bigger prizes. Funzio's junk odds put me so far back that I decided it would be much better to avoid buying anything and just avoid PVP. I KNOW I am not alone.

The_Red
07-09-2012, 06:48 AM
Well - it's official - cut off for the Top 25 was 89 eggs with 13 players reaching 100 and up (the absolute "leader" amassed whopping 155 eggs - more than twice, than an entry to top 50 last time). \

What was the point of getting 155 eggs when they cutoff for top 25 was roughly 1/2 that? Seems like a waste of money - unless someone just wanted to prove they could be #1.

I ended with 16 (accidentally out of habit clicked the middle option after hitting 15). Pretty happy with my 3 units.

Tyus
07-09-2012, 08:39 AM
Well - it's official ... Cut off for Top 250 was 28

I had 29, but received no compensation. Is there a delay? Sent a message to Game Support explaining...

I really tried to nab that dragon and I WANT it now. :)

RandomUser
07-09-2012, 01:47 PM
28! Wow. I got 9....again.....for the 3rd time. The last 16 boxes I opened were all busts. If I could have at least gotten 10 or 15 I would have considered buying gems to try and at least compete for the bigger prizes. Funzio's junk odds put me so far back that I decided it would be much better to avoid buying anything and just avoid PVP. I KNOW I am not alone.

I got 9, too. And I realized early on that there was no way I was going to make the top 250 without a significant investment, so I didn't bother trying. Now, I could easily see dropping $5 or $10 on gems to get a kick-ass indestrucible with some sort of bonus, but I'm almost burnt out on the game as it is, so I'm not going to drop $50 (or more!) on a game I have serious doubts I'll be playing a month from now. Kudos to people who enjoy this game enough to spend their hard earned cash to get a few extra perks.

Durwood
07-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Then, again, they might not have any more 'events':

http://techcrunch.com/2012/05/08/funzio-was-making-5m-in-sales-per-month-when-it-sold-to-gree-for-210m/

"But there are threats on the horizon. GREE’s shares were absolutely slaughtered on the Tokyo Stock Exchange on Monday. The company’s shares fell a record 23 percent after the Japanese government said it was investigating the legality of various game mechanics in the social gaming industry. Many Japanese games have a slot machine-like mechanic called “Gacha,” where players will randomly win different special items. If they win all the items, they might get a grand prize. The National Consumer Affairs Agency said it’s now looking at regulating this tactic, which could seriously crimp revenues for GREE."

Joie
07-09-2012, 06:41 PM
And yes the board goes own again to cause last minute panic and spending. I'm a free player so who cares but that's weak sauce to pull that again. I had some magic and got to 15 after getting o ten with only 14 hours left. Stopped using cash option and went to free and got three right off the bat, changed back to gold got one than a quick click in ot to get that 15. So I've gone 9,9,14,15 these last fours "quests" ( events) for me. Quick question how high does the vault go before its maxed out

MSH
07-09-2012, 07:05 PM
[QUOTE=Joie;32Quick question how high does the vault go before its maxed out[/QUOTE]
330k gold, 168 hours to wait, costs 100 k to upgrade.

Rgf111
07-10-2012, 01:46 PM
i got 28 but i dont have the top 250th price yet

I got 30 eggs and i haven't got the red dragon unit for finishing in the top 250! WTF Gree-dy funzio live up to your promises... anyone else having this problem? or know when they will be fixing it?

Rgf111
07-10-2012, 01:49 PM
I had 29, but received no compensation. Is there a delay? Sent a message to Game Support explaining...

I really tried to nab that dragon and I WANT it now. :)

I sent ticket to support also but no reply! You heard back yet Tyus?

AZL82
07-10-2012, 06:39 PM
I got 30 eggs and i haven't got the red dragon unit for finishing in the top 250! WTF Gree-dy funzio live up to your promises... anyone else having this problem? or know when they will be fixing it?

i have no reply from the support yet. i dont know if they freeze the leaderboard like the other mentions, but i restart the app at 12:00 with the leaderboard showing in needed ## to be in top 25 for my char.
if the cut off is 30 eggs they should be more open to all players, because theirs no point for me to keep on spend gems after the 20th egg, if i dont want to be in the top 250th. why dont keep it open for everybody? Was it like my friend said the company have hired person in their to make the # keep going up? or at least send message to 251-300 any body close to the cut off " you are rank # 251-300th Good try, better luck next time" ?

AZL82
07-10-2012, 06:47 PM
an other things is i was a free player until the "hell of fire?" (dont remember the name) i start spent more and more because i want the top price. it's truly unfair for gems player to no knowing the leaderboard till the last second. another word is " not honest "

and please forget me if my english is not good enough for everyone to understand