PDA

View Full Version : Lets say the next top 50 price is the ability to upgrade 2 buildings at the same time

Carlos,
07-06-2012, 05:49 PM
How many thousands of dollars would you spend to get it?
Would you people that "quit" after yesterday's event come out of retirement?

joaquim
07-06-2012, 05:53 PM
I don't like this idea based on the fact that I won't win.

Brooklyn Boy
07-06-2012, 05:55 PM
I think you might be right cause they used that over in MW. Me personally I wouldn't care what there giving away I'm not spending $1000-$2000 to win. Period.

Euchred
07-06-2012, 05:56 PM
It would mean nothing to me I'm way to far in for it to make a difference.

Swingle007
07-06-2012, 05:57 PM
I wouldn't spend a dime for that prize.......

dudeman
07-06-2012, 06:00 PM
Upgrading two buildings at once is a worthless prize to me, and I would be willing to spend tens of thousands of nothing in order to obtain it. Scratch that, millions of nothing to get it!

:cool:

Luke 3457
07-06-2012, 06:00 PM
I'm done with the top 50 format events. I would love the two upgrade prize but after the 6 vaults i spent to get 22nd place on the last one. Fuc it ! Not worth it IMO

joaquim
07-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Upgrading two buildings at once is a worthless prize to me, and I would be willing to spend tens of thousands of nothing in order to obtain it. Scratch that, millions of nothing to get it!

:cool:

You may not want to spend millions of dollars to get it but I bet kevin would love the idea of spending millions and millions of dollars.

Fredo
07-06-2012, 06:04 PM
It is worthless to me as well, because in game money has virtually no value in CC. In MW and KA, with expendable units with very good stats that you can buy with in game currency, it does have value. But in CC, where the only thing you lose is explosives, and in game cash equipment has stats that suck compared to gold and RP items, such a benefit is relatively useless. Or at least not worth spnding any real money to obtain.

dudeman
07-06-2012, 06:13 PM
You may not want to spend millions of dollars to get it but I bet kevin would love the idea of spending millions and millions of dollars.

True, kevzio would love that idea.

Eddie Eagle Eye
07-07-2012, 05:35 AM
How many thousands of dollars would you spend to get it?
Would you people that "quit" after yesterday's event come out of retirement?

I hope they don't have any more of those events , bring back the old system I say!
Although upgrading two buildings would be nice , it's a marathon just saving for one these days.
You could possibly use the second for defence, but the defence buildings do buggerall anyway.
You get more defence from the boobie prizes in the evens, lol . I wouldn't go for another event like that
Ie whose got the fatest wallet! it has taken the fun out of the game and put a sour taste on everyone's lips and hips!
EEE
EEE

Dangerous Greg
07-07-2012, 05:45 AM
I'm done with the top 50 format events. I would love the two upgrade prize but after the 6 vaults i spent to get 22nd place on the last one. Fuc it ! Not worth it IMO
You did better than I did and I was # 50! I agree with you, I won't ever do a top 50 prize again no matter what the prize.

BTW, does anyone other than me wonder if some of the "rabbits" that ran the price up early were Funzio employees? Does anyone know who Kevin is? My point is, why would anyone pay more than they needed to obtain the prize. With 5-6 days to go and being double the next highest player with only half of his amount of computer chips...he is either an idiot, money means nothing or he had an endless supply of gold!

Food for thought!

DenZ1
07-07-2012, 06:00 AM
You did better than I did and I was # 50! I agree with you, I won't ever do a top 50 prize again no matter what the prize.

BTW, does anyone other than me wonder if some of the "rabbits" that ran the price up early were Funzio employees? Does anyone know who Kevin is? My point is, why would anyone pay more than they needed to obtain the prize. With 5-6 days to go and being double the next highest player with only half of his amount of computer chips...he is either an idiot, money means nothing or he had an endless supply of gold!

Food for thought!

The first 2 definitely didn't care about money. Very fishy to me. I never gonna spend anything to get to top 50. I can't compete with somebody who has limitless supply of money. I don't have one.

Max Power
07-07-2012, 07:08 AM
With thousands of people playing this game, there is room for every strategy. What benefit would there be to Funzio's alleged deceit when 49 other people will get the exact same prize?

Now if there were 50 Kevins in the game, I might think differently.

RijilV
07-07-2012, 08:56 AM
It would be a nifty prize, but it won't be worth getting in the top N. Most of the meaningful upgrades (WRT IPH) you have to save up for, sure you could tandem upgrade your low level buildings while you wait but so what, that pizza shop upgrade is only there to kill time, it really has little impact on what you're bringing in - so what if you can do that while also upgrading the barbershop.

I'd go for it if it was the high prize of the old 10 item event, but no way am I gonna try to out gold spend anyone, in particular if the event item may or may not work.

SevenO9
07-07-2012, 09:08 AM
I don't see the benefit of that bonus. Following the strategy to always do the best possible upgrade, cash is always the limitting factor, never time. Doing two in parallel would allow me to upgrade a NC and Shoe Store at the same time. Not that appealing.

Fredo
07-07-2012, 09:12 AM
With thousands of people playing this game, there is room for every strategy. What benefit would there be to Funzio's alleged deceit when 49 other people will get the exact same prize?

Now if there were 50 Kevins in the game, I might think differently.

Shill bidding to drive up the price and increase psychological pressure on those trying to make the top 50 to keep bidding/exploit the sunk costs fallacy. For everyone else, there should be virtually no impact.

Zendfrim
07-07-2012, 09:34 AM
I don't like this idea based on the fact that I won't win.I agree. They will make that prize unattainable for anyone spending under 5000 dollars. Unless its the top 500 prize,they should never introduce it. This is getting really really stupid with the greed this company is practicing. I would think a great plan would be to just make it an expensive gold purchase like 3000 or 4500 gold for 2 upgrades. I would actually consider wasting 300 more on this game in that case, and that would give everyone that wants that ability the chance to have it, instead of being bilked and duped and never having a chance at it again.

in-game j
07-07-2012, 09:47 AM
Gree stands for GREED? no ?

erik
07-07-2012, 08:55 PM
This would have a marginal impact on an actual meaningful increase in character status... maybe in line with a 10% increase of upgrade speed or 10% reduction in upgrade cost.

The main upgrade goals would be unchanged, and would take slightly longer to reach as more minor upgrades eat up cash. There might be some spots in gameplay where ROI tempts you to wait on the next wave of NCs, but again, probably only a 10% boost in the scheme of things... pay 150G for goodfella!

Defensive building upgrades have no value except psychological, so the thought of boosting D without sacrificing $ progress is not a great argument.

For me, it would be more of a nostalgic desire to be able to upgrade houses or italian clubs again and it would be a disappointment to see something that would actually be fun again to be completely unattainable.

Maybe opening the competitions to 500 to 750/1 prize would leave the overall community feeling more involved, and Funzios best customers feeling less dirty the morning after.