PDA

View Full Version : @JMC ~ What qualifies a "gold" player?

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 11:13 AM
This post was made by JMC in my Attack/Defense Stat Brackets thread:

Maybe another piece of information to give would be whether the person is a gold player or not? Regular spender could be classified as a gold player, but if someone spent a few bucks once or twice, i wouldn't count them.

Just saying, cuz there's probably a few wondering. Free players likely want to know where they stand against other frees as they most likely don't have a chance against a gold player.

...and was just thinking... It is a great idea but we need more clarification on this matter for others to post whether or not they are a free player. Anyways, what do you guys think the limit/# is to be considered a gold or free player? I will implement this into the thread soon but would like to know first, haha.

bigflan
07-06-2012, 11:14 AM
I'm a free player only spent $12 on this game Hahahahahahhahaha

War Priest
07-06-2012, 11:17 AM
If gold is spent only on energy/stamina refills, nation switch, or gold buildings - not a gold player.

If you made only one or two small purchases and no intention on buying more - not a gold player.

That's basically how I look at it. Not really a big question.

bigflan
07-06-2012, 11:19 AM
If gold is spent only on energy/stamina refills or gold buildings, not a gold player.

If you made only one or two purchases and no intention on buying more, not a gold player.

That's basically how I look at it. Not really a big question.I'm not a gold player just a kickass beast free player that is what the flan is

War Priest
07-06-2012, 11:21 AM
I'm not a gold player just a kickass beast free player that is what the flan is

Look at your IPH. :rolleyes:

boardgames rule
Yea i bought one 50 gold bar pack and then switched nations. AFter that havent bought anything else and wont unless i find a winning lottery ticket!!!

bigflan
If gold is spent only on energy/stamina refills or gold buildings, not a gold player.

If you made only one or two purchases and no intention on buying more, not a gold player.

That's basically how I look at it. Not really a big question.

I actually agree with this anyone spend more than €100 will be a gold player then

bigflan
07-06-2012, 11:22 AM
Look at your IPH. :rolleyes:It's 215k now give it a break I'm doing serious camping after this event hurahhjjhhhhh

War Priest
07-06-2012, 11:25 AM
What I don't get is why this is directed at JMC. It's to each their own on what they think is a gold player. Sure most of it is common sense, but some don't consider owning gold buildings as a gold player, but others might.

Warfiend
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
Also, I've collected around 1200 gold from tapjoy, am I still a free player? that's more gold than a lot of people who spent a few bucks here and there.

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 11:31 AM
What I don't get is why this is directed at JMC. It's to each their own on what they think is a gold player. Sure most of it is common sense, but some don't consider owning gold buildings as a gold player, but others might.

since he's the one who brought it up it was his idea for me to implement. I want to make sure he checks this thread out. What better way to do it then to put his name on the title? I want everyone else's opinion as well.

WP, you seem to be testy a lot lately. As if many are doing something wrong or you just simply disprove it. You alright man? Nothing wrong with the purpose of this thread. Everyone needs to know in order to state whether or not they are a Gold player or Free player.

War Priest
Also, I've collected around 1200 gold from tapjoy, am I still a free player? that's more gold than a lot of people who spent a few bucks here and there.

Was it spent on units? If so then a gold player.

Dreno33

yes, TJ is never inserted into the equation. Only talking about RM spent

War Priest
07-06-2012, 11:32 AM
WP, you seem to be testy a lot lately. As if many are doing something wrong or you just simply disprove it. You alright man? Nothing wrong with the purpose of this thread. Everyone needs to know in order to state whether or not they are a Gold player or Free player.

But who is JMC to make the call. That is what I am saying. It's an educated opinion on what is gold player or not.

War Priest
07-06-2012, 11:34 AM
yes, TJ is never inserted into the equation. Only talking about RM spent

Disagree. You never know if somebody is using real money or tapjoy. If you attack a guy and see 10 gold units are you going to call him a gold player? Yes, but what if they were all bought with tapyjoy. You never know.

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 11:34 AM

what does spending it on whatever matter? units, buildings, doesn't matter. gold is gold. "Not really a big question." kinda is. needs more clarification and agreement. JMC where are you???? lol

manbeast
07-06-2012, 11:35 AM
i check tapjoy every day. i've also purchased 3,000 gold (2 vaults) i'd consider myself a gold player.

but theres a huge difference between a gold player and a HEAVY gold player. only 2k of my stats are from gold units. only like 10% of my income is from gold buildings.

Warfiend
07-06-2012, 11:36 AM

No, but I might at some point. Had enough for a super carrier but spent a chunk to get the warlord tank, so I'm saving again. I also have emp canons and a composite.

Thief
07-06-2012, 11:36 AM
Well i think if you buy gold that makes you a "Gold Player"

However if you want to put limits: Then if you spend $60 or less your realistically just paying for a game to play. I chose $60 because it's the standard new price of video games in general. (this would make you a paying Customer but not a gold player)

Between $61-$150 would make you a Light Gold Player
Between $151-$250 would make you a Moderate Gold Player
$250+ makes you a "Gold Player"
$500+ makes you a Solid Gold Player
$1000+ Makes you an addict. Seek Support groups. (hahah) This would make you Heavy Gold Player.

Obviously Tapjoy is assumed to be free so while you might get to spend more gold....it doesn't mean you spend more money.

War Priest
07-06-2012, 11:37 AM
what does spending it on whatever matter? units, buildings, doesn't matter. gold is gold. "Not really a big question." kinda is. needs more clarification and agreement. JMC where are you???? lol

Because it does. If you buy $5000 in gold and only spend it on energy refills are you going to be called a gold player by others? No, you are not.

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Because it does. If you buy $5000 in gold and only spend it on energy refills are you going to be called a gold player by others? No, you are not.

that still makes you a gold player. doesn't matter what others think. if you spend 5 thousand dollars on gold, YOU'RE A GOLD PLAYER.

War Priest
07-06-2012, 11:40 AM
Dreno, the point is it's opinion based. Just because JMC says if you buy gold your a gold player doesn't mean that's the official word and everybody is going to believe him.

This is what I mean by it's opinion based. You think spending gold only on refills is a gold player, I don't.

War Priest
07-06-2012, 11:41 AM
that still makes you a gold player. doesn't matter what others think. if you spend 5 thousand dollars on gold, YOU'RE A GOLD PLAYER.

That's your opinion. Nobody will every know except you. No one will ever know because you don't own anything gold.

Thief
07-06-2012, 11:45 AM
This is what I mean by it's opinion based. You think spending gold only on refills is a gold player, I don't.

I agree. Spending 5k on Stamina Refills makes this individual a gold player as they are spending money on Gold. However since he has no distinguished advantage with units over myself i would never assume he was a gold player and would have no idea that he had ever spent any money. I'm sure what most people would classify as gold spender is someone who has a few powerful indestructible units in their army that were bought with gold....but i think this thread should be a poll so we can get a better idea.

Mcdoc
07-06-2012, 11:50 AM
I spend gold on LE's, events, and crates. I only do energy refills in the first few hours of an event. Like WP said, it's all OPINION - but in my opinion, using gold for building upgrade times is the worst long term benefit - but again - just not how choose to spend my gold :) so it's just my opinion.

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 11:55 AM
i know WP, i know its opinion. I'm only asking JMC bc he brought it up first and wanted his elaboration on the matter. thats all

Thief
07-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Posted a Poll to try and help capture the numbers better. Hope that can help Dreno. Not trying to steal thunder just thought it would be a nice touch.

spectra
07-06-2012, 12:12 PM
But who is JMC to make the call. That is what I am saying. It's an educated opinion on what is gold player or not.

Hi WP

I think what happened is that Dreno, put the title wrong

I believe his title was meant to be like this:

What qualifie's a "GOLD" player - JMC's inquire/idea/ask

something like that, just to properly give credit that it was JMC's idea and not that he is addressing the question to JMC, for that he could just had sent a PM to JMC

Selfproclaimed
07-06-2012, 12:13 PM
Who Cares. I think logic reasoning says if you spend a decent amount of money on this game, your a gold player. If you get FREE gold from tapyjoy,how does that become a factor if it clearly is FREE. On top of it, who cares if your considered a free player or a gold player. Because someone in game that you will never know in your life bruised your ego by name calling by calling you a gold player

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 12:18 PM
Posted a Poll to try and help capture the numbers better. Hope that can help Dreno. Not trying to steal thunder just thought it would be a nice touch.

i was going to but nvm

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 12:19 PM
Who Cares. I think logic reasoning says if you spend a decent amount of money on this game, your a gold player. If you get FREE gold from tapyjoy,how does that become a factor if it clearly is FREE. On top of it, who cares if your considered a free player or a gold player. Because someone in game that you will never know in your life bruised your ego by name calling by calling you a gold player

exactly, but what's a decent amount.

DUH, the whole point of this thread everyone... lol

Thief
07-06-2012, 12:26 PM
i was going to but nvm

I'll Delete Mine.....It was your idea and you might have more details that i didn't add in mine.

If They Purchase Gold (any amount)
If They Purchase Gold and Then Unit(s)
If they Purchase Gold in Excess of $60
If they Purchase Gold in Excess of $150
If they Purchase Gold in Excess of $250
If they Purchase Gold in Excess of $500
If they have Ever used more than 10 gold regardless of how it was aquired
If they Purchased gold to use on Events/Buildings

Those were the Questions I put up but feel free to add/use/delete whatever you feel is appropriate.

Warfiend
07-06-2012, 12:33 PM
If you get FREE gold from tapyjoy,how does that become a factor if it clearly is FREE.

Because it's still gold. You're enjoying the benefits that gold gives a player, regardless of how you got it. You're playing with gold... but then you're still a free player too... :D

On top of it, who cares if your considered a free player or a gold player. Because someone in game that you will never know in your life bruised your ego by name calling by calling you a gold player

this game is competitive and this is one of the ways people seek competiton in it.

spectra
07-06-2012, 12:48 PM
Here is an IDEA

why do you just called

cash players vs non-cash players

That way all possibilites are covered
CASH Player: use cash to buy gold for upgrades, units, refils, resets, ingame cash.......
NON-CASH Player : play free, use TP gold for whatever reason............

You might even want to add SEMI-CASH/FREE players: only buy gold for certain events or if there is a realy cool units they like and want to have it

I myself fall under the Semi-cash/free player

Hassleham
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
I've spent £2.50 so i'd still say i'm a free player.

I think anyone who spends money on increasing income/strength should be counted as a gold player.

Selfproclaimed
07-06-2012, 01:10 PM
Because it's still gold. You're enjoying the benefits that gold gives a player, regardless of how you got it. You're playing with gold... but then you're still a free player too... :D

this game is competitive and this is one of the ways people seek competiton in it.

But when a person asks what makes a gold player or a free player. That question in itself should be rephrased. Because typically when a person asks that, there not asking if someone gets stuff because of free tapjoy gold ,there asking in regards to how much money has someone actually spent on the game. If a person DOESN'T get free tapjoy gold purely based on the idea that they want to be considered a Free player,then I'm sorry but their clearly idiots. It's free,take advantage of it. The real question i think pertains to how much money does one actually have to spend to be considered a gold player,not gold from tj. Like I said at the begining though. Who cares. For me, someone says I'm a gold player. Big whoop,not going to change thing. If a heavy gold spender wants to say I'm not because I don't spend thousands.big whoop,still not going to change anything.

Warfiend
07-06-2012, 01:25 PM
@selfproclaimed - I see where you're coming from. I was seeing it all in kind of a steroid context... gold is like steroids in this game, minus the testicular shrinkage. It gives an advantage over those who don't use it no matter how you get it. But the way you see it is probaby what most are looking for when they mention it.

manbeast
07-06-2012, 01:48 PM
the way i view tapjoy-

time is money. minimum wage is $7hr. if you spend 100 hrs on tapjoy, you may as well have spent $700 on this game.

manbeast
07-06-2012, 01:49 PM
btw i voted spending 100+

Warfiend
07-06-2012, 02:03 PM
the way i view tapjoy-

time is money. minimum wage is $7hr. if you spend 100 hrs on tapjoy, you may as well have spent $700 on this game.

Tapjoy allows one to be rewarded for time spent on the can. :D

spectra
07-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Tapjoy allows one to be rewarded for time spent on the can. :D

Hey Warfiend.............I hope that is not the place where you make your JUJU..................lol :p

Warfiend
07-06-2012, 02:32 PM
Hey Warfiend.............I hope that is not the place where you make your JUJU..................lol :p

Only the best juju...

Corsair
07-06-2012, 03:01 PM
Selfproclaimed is right in that the question isn't even really a valid one. For the sake of your list, I'm guessing what you really want to know is if someone has spent gold on units to increase strength. Whether they spent it on something else, or got it free or not, is not really relevant to your question.

And Dreno, please downsize the signature. I block the animations on my PC but can't on my iPad. And the super bold text is not needed either, especially since you don't even add people. WP was cool enough to downsize his sig, I think it's time for you to do the same.

-->FISH<--
07-06-2012, 03:33 PM
This to is subject to personal interpretation. I believe if they get a dime from you your no longer a free player. I am conflicted on the tap joy subject, I haven't utilized the tap joy option because I want to stay with being a free player, in my opinion. I have used the first gold they give you and still have the gold from the battle points.

CAPT.GIN
07-06-2012, 03:45 PM
Haha this whole thread is about jmc and he's not even here!!! Anyways I say if your army is 90% gold then your a gold player... If not then your a gold user...

manbeast
07-06-2012, 04:40 PM
Haha this whole thread is about jmc and he's not even here!!! Anyways I say if your army is 90% gold then your a gold player... If not then your a gold user...

90%?? thats heavy gold bro. 24 karat brah

JMC
07-06-2012, 06:38 PM
All depends. If the person has spent enough money to have the gold be a siginificant difference to their stats, they are a gold player IMO.

For example in the low levels, someone with just a couple gold units, however he has a total of 10 units. That player would be gold. But at level 100 those few units wouldn't mean anything. Although not exactly a free player, when it comes to comparing stats, they would be nearly the same. I'd say if the gold makes up at least 5% of your army strength, you would be classified as a gold player on a thread for comparing stats.

Although, outside of that thread, anyone who has spent money on the game is no longer a free player.

SeqWins
07-06-2012, 07:07 PM
Whatever happened to pming people?

- Note to self
Never enter a one star thread just wasted five minutes of my life

Chimera
07-06-2012, 08:05 PM
Gold = Gold.
Funzio made all players gold players by awarding 10 gold at start.
Whether they increase that amount or play with just the ten is the only difference between players imo.