PDA

View Full Version : Yet another thread about RPs and RP items

montecore
07-06-2012, 08:38 AM
It seems that the conventional wisdom is to go crazy with chain whips and Exceleros, because guns are so prevalent and easy to get and there are some nice defensive armor pieces you can get that compete with the 17/27 body armor. Also, the dollar/gold cost for cars that compete with Exceleros is very high.

I'm saving for Exceleros (and a rainy day should I need to buy 100 chain whips) but looking at the body armor, it doesn't look like any of the other armor options come close in terms of offense. While most seem to opt for the 1.5 million 1/19 shield, wouldn't outfitting the mafia with 17/27 armor be even better and give an offense stat competitive advantage?

sexkitteh
07-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I think so... the way I see it is that you have unlimited RP to farm... so EVENTUALLY... you are going to get them...

I'm doing things in stages... I'm buying a little of everything...

montecore
07-06-2012, 09:24 AM
I think so... the way I see it is that you have unlimited RP to farm... so EVENTUALLY... you are going to get them...

I'm doing things in stages... I'm buying a little of everything...

If we truly have unlimited RP (and that's how it looks to me too) I don't see why I wouldn't want at least one of the highest level item for each mafia member (minus better loot).

But it does seem to me that the body armor is a better buy than many make it out to be.

sexkitteh
07-06-2012, 09:27 AM
It is a good buy - it's on the "eventually going to buy" list...

Have you used the spread sheet to see what your inventory consists of?

montecore
07-06-2012, 09:31 AM
It is a good buy - it's on the "eventually going to buy" list...

Have you used the spread sheet to see what your inventory consists of?

Started it, but havent finished. Not sure it takes in to account fort knox items and other new stuff. I should though.

sexkitteh
07-06-2012, 09:36 AM
I just added items "around" the same value... does that make sense? if the knuckles are 50/50 I'd find something around 40/40 and add it there...

Sasha54
07-06-2012, 09:51 AM
If we truly have unlimited RP (and that's how it looks to me too) I don't see why I wouldn't want at least one of the highest level item for each mafia member (minus better loot).

But it does seem to me that the body armor is a better buy than many make it out to be.

I think it's good although I don't have a lot - I buy them occasionally. Some players recommend it and others don't - like anything else, but if it increases yours stats and if it's not at the bottom of your items used, then I see no reason not to have a few.
I divide my RP's between CW's, RPG's - but currenly am saving till I get to lvl 115 for the Exceleros since I'm short on cars...........

murf
07-06-2012, 10:43 AM
It seems that the conventional wisdom is to go crazy with chain whips and Exceleros, because guns are so prevalent and easy to get and there are some nice defensive armor pieces you can get that compete with the 17/27 body armor. Also, the dollar/gold cost for cars that compete with Exceleros is very high.

I'm saving for Exceleros (and a rainy day should I need to buy 100 chain whips) but looking at the body armor, it doesn't look like any of the other armor options come close in terms of offense. While most seem to opt for the 1.5 million 1/19 shield, wouldn't outfitting the mafia with 17/27 armor be even better and give an offense stat competitive advantage?

What about NVB's + FBI Shields for only 300 RPs and $1.5mm for 16/24

The Blast shield is 1/19 and only $210k

ShawnBB
07-06-2012, 11:12 AM
How do you guys get guns, If you decide to spend RP on exeleros?
I feel like gun is always my weakness, tons of ECBs, CW, FCG and other armor.

sexkitteh
07-06-2012, 11:17 AM

I get them via PVP and events...

InGameName I
07-06-2012, 11:29 AM
and jailbreaking thats how I got to level 124

fuzzy
07-06-2012, 11:44 AM

I agree that the old timers have there "unnamed gun"

I only got 75 of them before they where nerfed.

Currently buying RPGS and chain whips with my respect.

Farm UWV for armor
Farm ECB for vehicles

Dangerous Dan
07-06-2012, 12:36 PM
and jailbreaking thats how I got to level 124

Is ccmark not going to ban this fool? I thought funzio was going to be involved in the forums more which means banning idiots that don't have a life and post stupid comments.

(I), why don't you hold your thumb down on the crime city app until it shakes and then tap the X? Then go back to making love to your first cousin.

frenda
07-06-2012, 12:45 PM
I love exceleros and have been buying them as soon as I got to the level. I'm also a big fan of the NVBs. With 16/16 stats, it's a good def with great atk numbers for only 300 RP. You can't beat that at the lower levels and I figure the chain whips and exceleros will make up for a stronger atk later at higher levels. Since I can pick and choose whom I attack, I put more money, effort and RP into building a strong defense first. My stats are pretty good now, so it has worked well for me. Currently level 120 with around 12000 atk wins and <300 atk losses. Robbery stats are similar, although I don't do as many robberies as attacks. Just my 2 cents worth. :) Discuss...

frenda
07-06-2012, 12:48 PM
I agree that the old timers have there "unnamed gun"

I only got 75 of them before they where nerfed.

Currently buying RPGS and chain whips with my respect.

Farm UWV for armor
Farm ECB for vehicles

Oh yeah, I've got 119 of the unnamed one, but I also spent a lot of time going after the rusty ones and have 267 of those. Not bad with 7 atk and 11 def. Enough to get you through level 100 or so until you can spend RPs on the good stuff. :)

Bala82
07-06-2012, 12:54 PM
Farm UWV for armor
Farm ECB for vehicles

What level does ECB Open up ?

Bala82
07-06-2012, 01:09 PM
Yamaha Race bike for 325 Respect look like good choice if you have a lot spare respect ?

frenda
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
Yamaha Race bike for 325 Respect look like good choice if you have a lot spare respect ?

NVB with 16/16 for 300 RP seems like a much better deal overall. I like the fact that it's balanced too, so you're helping both atk and def at the same time. Yamaha RB is only 13/12, and you tend to get them later on in the mid stages of the game, that's where I got most of mine.

fuzzy
07-06-2012, 01:17 PM
I got 54 of the rusty only because I farm the boardwalk during events at lower levels. Now I have not been back to place since ECB and UWV are open up.

Not sure why you would farm the Rusty when u can get the strayer aug through PVP...I got 167 of them with same attack as the rusty. I would have spent more time farming ECB or UWV Or DD if they are opened up to you.

But I can not talk about farming as I took almost 10 to 15 levels off of farming because I'm a little upset about the unnamed gun and I just started to like farming again in the last 2 weeks or so, since ECB and UWV have opened up to me and both seem to have good drop rates ( hush )

So with that being said all of my respect to CW and RPG'S.

Bala82
07-06-2012, 01:19 PM
Thanks NVB are good but trying farm vehicles in this game it challenging for mid-range player.

NVB are great but what i really need vehicles balance my inventory :(

fuzzy
07-06-2012, 01:50 PM
Thanks NVB are good but trying farm vehicles in this game it challenging for mid-range player.

NVB are great but what i really need vehicles balance my inventory :(

You could farm lowriders at the junk yard I think....

Spend respect on NVB.

The NVB will be around a lot longer then the yamaha.

frenda
07-06-2012, 01:53 PM
Thanks Fuzzy. Farming lowriders didn't work out too good for me, that's why I couldn't wait for the Double-decker to open up at the Airport. Oh yeah, shhhhhhh....

montecore
07-06-2012, 02:32 PM
All joking about keeping farming aside, I've been trying to get a certain vehicle at the army base and at the airport. I haven't gotten one yet. I was going after another vehicle in chinatown and got one.

What's the deal? Does it matter that I haven't completed many of the levels before it? I suppose it shouldn't as I got a drop from Chinatown.

NV555
07-09-2012, 01:59 PM
I have been at the airport for awhile now 3 levels and no DD.

Do you have to finish all tasks within or if you hit the bus one should drop sooner or later?

Any feed back would be great

Thank you for your time and if this has been answered somewhere else sorry for posting here.

All joking about keeping farming aside, I've been trying to get a certain vehicle at the army base and at the airport. I haven't gotten one yet. I was going after another vehicle in chinatown and got one.

What's the deal? Does it matter that I haven't completed many of the levels before it? I suppose it shouldn't as I got a drop from Chinatown.

DLSmooth
07-09-2012, 02:05 PM
I have been at the airport for awhile now 3 levels and no DD.

Do you have to finish all tasks within or if you hit the bus one should drop sooner or later?

Any feed back would be great

Thank you for your time and if this has been answered somewhere else sorry for posting here.

From this morning...
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37040-Question...

PawnXIIX
07-09-2012, 03:00 PM
From this morning...
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?37040-Question...

I stopped the DDs, they'd probably be a better item to farm if we had multi-click drops D:

ECBs at the Red Light District to me were a better drop rate. I have 5 DDs in my inventory and in comparison I have 43 ECBs.

You need to spend 6,000 energy on average to get 1 Double Decker. And remember that the rates can still deviate, it took me 4,000 energy to get my first ECB even though the average drop rate is 1 per 1000.

Sasha54
07-09-2012, 04:17 PM
I stopped the DDs, they'd probably be a better item to farm if we had multi-click drops D:

ECBs at the Red Light District to me were a better drop rate. I have 5 DDs in my inventory and in comparison I have 43 ECBs.

You need to spend 6,000 energy on average to get 1 Double Decker. And remember that the rates can still deviate, it took me 4,000 energy to get my first ECB even though the average drop rate is 1 per 1000.

Oh - didn't realize that. I opened up the bus at the airport today - and went back a couple of times and got nothing.
Silly me - I expected to get it ......