PDA

View Full Version : Should I just start saving up for a night club?

montecore
07-06-2012, 08:31 AM
My IPH is around 68K now and I'm level 92. I've had a remarkable few days of robbing which I don't think will continue (the first person I was able to hit for 30K a few times a day is almost broke now, the second started using the bank).

I've got about 7 million in the bank. Two MTs, one upgrading to level 7 and one at level 6. Two lofts, both at level 4. Two level 1 UCs, Creamatoriums, a level 5 and 6 Dominican, and various 3/6 hour buildings and other lower level buildings which I've sort of been ignoring.

7 million is a long way from 40 million, but it's closer than I've been before. My plan was to get all the 12/24 buildings upgraded to where the ROI hit 50 before pursuing it but I'm not sure I should get these 3, 5, 6 million dollar upgrades as opposed to just working on my empire theaters or something while I save for a night club.

I did a search and read that the conventional wisdom was that you should start saving at 50K which seems sort of low to me. I also like to always be building but the only good non-gold buildings that are available are the russian restaurants and underboss houses, and I'm not all that into the 3 hour/6 hour buildings (yes I know the night club is a 6 hour building but it's obviously an exception).

So what do you think - keep upgrading my existing buildings or just say screw it and keep banking?

Sasha54
07-06-2012, 08:36 AM
If I were you I would start now since you already have the 7 mil
My first NC will finish tomorrow and I'm at level 110 but my income was over 100K when I started probably because I have some gold buildings which looks like you don't. Plus I also purchased the Modern Lofts - but you can come back to those later.
First 20 mil is the hardest - went easier after that but it took me about 3 weeks but my IPH was around 112 so may take you longer.

Sasha54
07-06-2012, 08:37 AM
Oh - I just noticed your comments about Russian's and Underboss's - I have both of those times 2

Olly1
07-06-2012, 08:38 AM
I started saving at around 110k. I should have strapped on a pair and saved much sooner but I was feeling impatient

If you're thinking about saving then just do it. Your IPH is high enough to do it comfortably, just be prepared for a LOT of rob attempts.

montecore
07-06-2012, 08:41 AM
Maybe I'll find the cheapest/longest upgrade I have available so I don't get tempted. I'm going to try to save, let's see if I can keep my will power together. :rolleyes:

Sasha54
07-06-2012, 08:43 AM
@MonteCore - do you have your full contingent of Gattlings - I would suggest you should have 50 and while you are saving for the NC - upgrade them - doesn't take long to upgrade and they don't cost too much - but of course does take away from upgrading your income buildings -

The Billionaire
07-06-2012, 08:47 AM
I'd wait until your IPH is over $100K. Once your first NC is in you'll want the second one or to upgrade the first one. All of that is a lot easier with an IPH of more than $100K.

Second Comming
07-06-2012, 08:49 AM
Depends. NC isnt all that good if your not collecting 3-4x per day. Also, are you thinking of buying the taverns, cafes, and gents clubs? Those gold buildings make the difference. Upgrading Ancors and churches are fairly cheap in the beginning and provide nice additional incomes from lvl3+

The only thing I like about the NC is that it is a class A building so once you can afford to upgrade it the $$$ really start rolling in.

If you buy gold, buy 1500 and you can make an easy 100mil off Pirate taverns by building them and selling them instantly. Youll end uP with enough for 2 NCs or 1 NC and an upgrade.

Olly1
07-06-2012, 09:16 AM
If you buy gold, buy 1500 and you can make an easy 100mil off Pirate taverns by building them and selling them instantly. Youll end uP with enough for 2 NCs or 1 NC and an upgrade.

I really wouldn't use that tactic in my opinion. That's a major waste of gold. You can make cash, you can't make gold

montecore
07-06-2012, 09:18 AM
@MonteCore - do you have your full contingent of Gattlings - I would suggest you should have 50 and while you are saving for the NC - upgrade them - doesn't take long to upgrade and they don't cost too much - but of course does take away from upgrading your income buildings -

I only have 4 or 5 now, but will work on them as I save. Is the rule still to not upgrade them past level 5?

xXSycoXx
07-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I agree with Billionaire i would wait until you have a far better iph before saving up for a nc.
Sure might not take you long for the 40 mil but lvl 1 isnt that good if you miss a collection or 2.

Lvl 2 is i think about 65 mil ish but not 100% sure i have the 40% discount and it cost 46 mil to get to lvl 2 which does start the money rolling in

Sasha54
07-06-2012, 09:19 AM
I really wouldn't use that tactic in my opinion. That's a major waste of gold. You can make cash, you can't make gold

I had never heard of doing that myself either. My next gold buildings will be the taverns - and I plan to keep them....

montecore
07-06-2012, 09:20 AM
I'd wait until your IPH is over $100K. Once your first NC is in you'll want the second one or to upgrade the first one. All of that is a lot easier with an IPH of more than $100K.

My IPH may approach that by the time I have 40 million, as I plan on upgrading some of the higher ROI/lower cost buildings as I save. I just feel like if I save/burn 40 million upgrading buildings I'll regret it and wish I'd just saved for the NC.

montecore
07-06-2012, 09:22 AM
Depends. NC isnt all that good if your not collecting 3-4x per day. Also, are you thinking of buying the taverns, cafes, and gents clubs? Those gold buildings make the difference. Upgrading Ancors and churches are fairly cheap in the beginning and provide nice additional incomes from lvl3+

The only thing I like about the NC is that it is a class A building so once you can afford to upgrade it the $$$ really start rolling in.

I've honestly spent too much money on gold already. I'll probably buy taverns/rock cafes/gents clubs, some of them or all of them, but there are several levels away. I'm skipping the churches as nice as they look with a quick build. Any gold buildings from here on out need to be ones that I'll keep to level 200.

Sasha54
07-06-2012, 09:23 AM
My IPH may approach that by the time I have 40 million, as I plan on upgrading some of the higher ROI/lower cost buildings as I save. I just feel like if I save/burn 40 million upgrading buildings I'll regret it and wish I'd just saved for the NC.

In the end - there's lots of different approaches. In my mind - if you want it then build it - you can upgrade and go back and buy other things later. So what if you miss a collection here and there - you still have a high payout building that you didn't have before. To me it was like a hurdle and when it is finished I will go around doing some other upgrades and stuff and then I will save for the NC upgrade but in the meantime I'm still getting an increased IPH.

Do what's confortable for you...........

enahs1
07-06-2012, 10:03 AM
I started saving for my first nightclub when my income was 47k per hour. Now my income is 100k per hour weeks later with a nightclub upgrading to level 2 :)

montecore
07-15-2012, 09:22 AM
Finally started building today. Have 9000 in the bank now.

nopenopenope
07-15-2012, 09:44 AM
Group consensus was always 100k IpH, 50k is too low and stagnates growth.

Beardy
07-15-2012, 09:56 AM
Group consensus was always 100k IpH, 50k is too low and stagnates growth.

He has already done it on 68K. Read comment before yours letting you know its completed.

jmeijer
07-15-2012, 10:00 AM
I started at 160K. Gave me room to do some long upgrades while saving and building my first NC. I had the luck to get the Striker Minigun which gave me 30% discount on upgrades, so I saved for the NC upgrade as soon as it was built.

But it's what you prefer. Starting at 50K is too quick in my opinion. I would build upscale clubs first and upgrade them both to 3.

nopenopenope
07-15-2012, 10:00 AM
He has already done it on 68K. Read comment before yours letting you know its completed.

I did read it and it took him 2 weeks to do it. Did he suspend growth while saving? You will get there eventually through normal progression and growth. Getting it sooner only stems from personal satisfaction, it is not mathematically economical to do so.

montecore
07-15-2012, 10:20 AM
I robbed constantly to do it, and only spent money on really cheap upgradesand gattling guns while waiting. Just hit 102 last night and bought two rock clubs before i started the build.

Beardy
07-15-2012, 10:31 AM
I did read it and it took him 2 weeks to do it. Did he suspend growth while saving? You will get there eventually through normal progression and growth. Getting it sooner only stems from personal satisfaction, it is not mathematically economical to do so.

2 weeks. Thats no time at all.

montecore
07-15-2012, 11:05 AM
9 days, but who's keeping track? Oh, i guess i am. :-)

ShawnBB
07-15-2012, 11:26 AM
Finally started building today. Have 9000 in the bank now.

Don't misleading people here. Your "income per hour behind level up speed" situation is not proper to save NC with a low initial IpH. that's for low level campers because they got no other good income boost building unlike you. It is not economical at all for doing so.

From your post, we see that
You just saved 33million from 7/6 to 7/15 with a 68000 income per hour.
so that's basically 3.7 million per day.
68000*24=1.63m with collection discount and building inflation, lets say 1.2m per day.

2.5m robbery/day? Bravo, good luck robbing all the way to lvl2 and lvl3 NC...

montecore
07-15-2012, 11:36 AM
I dont expect robbing will get it done much longer. The really good hoods are too strong for me and the ones close to my level seem to get collected very easily. My goal is to use the NC and rock clubs to level up my lofts, MTs, dominicans, UCs, etc.

joaquim
07-15-2012, 11:50 AM
I dont expect robbing will get it done much longer. The really good hoods are too strong for me and the ones close to my level seem to get collected very easily. My goal is to use the NC and rock clubs to level up my lofts, MTs, dominicans, UCs, etc.

You've got it backwards man. Rock Cafe, Lofts, MTs, Dominicans, and Upscales are the ones that are used to help you get and level up the NC.

ShawnBB
07-15-2012, 12:13 PM

That's right, rob is not a firm income, it is not reliable at all and needs you to play a lot of hours everyday to find decent hoods that you can beat.

Your econ understanding is totally messed up,man.
NC is not built for the purpose of upgrading back on MT,loft and stuff. Level 1 NC is built for the purpose of lvl2,lvl3 NC and even further. All the loft and lower buildings at your hood is paying for the cost of NC, your should have them at a good enough level and raise your iph to a good enough amount before building the NC. so that the further NC upgrades can keep up.

I believe the original post you have read is from emcee, the 50K saving is for those low level players who decided to camp which can not be applied on your case.

JaceD
07-15-2012, 12:23 PM
9 days, but who's keeping track? Oh, i guess i am. :-)

Man you must've robbed a lot. It took me 8 or 9 days to save up for the NC also, but I had a 250k IPH.

montecore
07-15-2012, 05:49 PM
That's right, rob is not a firm income, it is not reliable at all and needs you to play a lot of hours everyday to find decent hoods that you can beat.

Your econ understanding is totally messed up,man.
NC is not built for the purpose of upgrading back on MT,loft and stuff. Level 1 NC is built for the purpose of lvl2,lvl3 NC and even further. All the loft and lower buildings at your hood is paying for the cost of NC, your should have them at a good enough level and raise your iph to a good enough amount before building the NC. so that the further NC upgrades can keep up.

I believe the original post you have read is from emcee, the 50K saving is for those low level players who decided to camp which can not be applied on your case.

My logic is this: a level 2 NC has an roi of 42. There is also no way i will be collecting it all four times per day. Why not get the MTs, lofts, dominicans, etc up to where their roi is ~42, as i can actually make 100% of their collections, and then start saving for the level 2/3 upgrades?

Maniaxe
07-15-2012, 06:52 PM
I know what the ROI is. I invest skill points in Stamina and in return rob your NC. Whats your in-game name montecore? I am gunning for some down an dirty level 102 NC action tonight!

montecore
07-15-2012, 09:26 PM
I know what the ROI is. I invest skill points in Stamina and in return rob your NC. Whats your in-game name montecore? I am gunning for some down an dirty level 102 NC action tonight!

Its montecore. It will be a week before it is built. Do your worst. :-)

montecore
07-18-2012, 08:05 AM
While I know no one cares, I've decided to heed your advice and try to save the 60 million instead of using it to upgrade my rock cafes/other buildings.

I have a personal (likely impossible) goal of robbing enough to start the level 2 upgrade as soon as the NC completes construction. 12 million so far and ~73 hours to go.

Swearengen
07-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Well I need approx 110 mil and about 40 days of saving to get my NC to lvl 3... :)

ShawnBB
07-18-2012, 02:17 PM
Well I need approx 110 mil and about 40 days of saving to get my NC to lvl 3... :)

You only need 15 days bro...
Your income is 340000 not 120000.

And this freaking montecore dude literally robs 2.5m per day!!! Good job! That's a fresh new way of saving a NC...
Jesus Christ,where did you get all these juicy hoods? People that i check around are all hopeless poor as fck.

montecore
07-18-2012, 03:09 PM

And this freaking montecore dude literally robs 2.5m per day!!! Good job! That's a fresh new way of saving a NC...
Jesus Christ,where did you get all these juicy hoods? People that i check around are all hopeless poor as fck.

I have 131 stamina, basically find the top 10% hoods for my level by trial and error (and a small bit of common sense) and keep going back to the good ones that I can remember until I go up a level and can't find them anymore.

Zendfrim
07-18-2012, 03:39 PM
Your upscales are going to be your highest income investment at this time. Level your mts to 7 and lofts to 5, upscales to 2 or even 3 and you should be good. Dominicans to 7 can't hurt either. Good little buildings.

montecore
07-18-2012, 03:45 PM
Your upscales are going to be your highest income investment at this time. Level your mts to 7 and lofts to 5, upscales to 2 or even 3 and you should be good. Dominicans to 7 can't hurt either. Good little buildings.

That was my original plan but I changed my plans after coming here. According to the spreadsheets I have the ROI on the Rock Cafes would be the smartest upgrades to make, followed by MTs to 7, then Lofts to 5. The ROI on level 2 NC is 47 I believe.

Zendfrim
07-18-2012, 03:52 PM
But aren't you 92? You won't have the cafes until 102... If you're going for those before getting the nc than that can only help. Godspeed.

montecore
07-18-2012, 04:55 PM
I am at 106 now.

Swearengen
07-18-2012, 05:19 PM

15days - right, swear I recall the old spread sheeting saying 40 but 15 is so much better! Yeah I wish I hit 2.5mil from a rob, I never see good hoods like that up but I also only rob high exp bldgs for RP's...

Khayman
07-18-2012, 08:11 PM
Yes m8.

I did it the last weeks. Dropped to 300 my mafia, no bank the lasts 10 millions, bought the NC and save another 12M keeping in mind that is better upgrade to level 2 and after build the second one. The boost to the economy is worth and you always can upgrade some long sh1t while saving.

Write your code in the invite subforum, then save 200 request so you can come back to 500 in a moment.

At 300 mafia (level 102 for me) this is a desert. I saw only a big camper, 0 failed defenses against attacks and you can keep doing the Thug Life if you refresh the screen a few times.

Zendfrim
07-18-2012, 08:15 PM
I am at 106 now.guess I didn't pay attention to the date of the first post. You still wont be sorry with the rock cafes.

montecore
07-20-2012, 07:10 PM
While I know no one cares, I've decided to heed your advice and try to save the 60 million instead of using it to upgrade my rock cafes/other buildings.

I have a personal (likely impossible) goal of robbing enough to start the level 2 upgrade as soon as the NC completes construction. 12 million so far and ~73 hours to go.

It isn't looking good. The .nc will finish in 14 hours and I've robbed a mere 27 million. Should have been 30 but i got a Dominican upgrade and dropped 1.8 for farming materials.

Maniaxe
07-20-2012, 09:31 PM
Just upgrade one or two low cost/long time buildings. Your are about to start raking in 600-800k more a day depending on your collections. I am right at 27mil saved for level two myself and I am not sure about the exact number of days since It finished building but it really seems like almost no time at all.

iteachem
07-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Just upgrade one or two low cost/long time buildings. Your are about to start raking in 600-800k more a day depending on your collections. I am right at 27mil saved for level two myself and I am not sure about the exact number of days since It finished building but it really seems like almost no time at all.

My first NC finished three days ago... I have 22 million towards the upgrade... hoping it goes fast

montecore
07-20-2012, 11:11 PM
Almost to 30 million, hard to believe I'm not even half way there yet. I can see why people just build the second one instead of doing the upgrade, roi be damned.

xXSycoXx
07-21-2012, 04:38 AM
just got my 1st NC to lvl 3 gonna start saving soon for the 2nd shouldn't take to long at 500k iph

montecore
07-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Up to 47.8 million but man has it slowed down. Level 111 is an annoying bunch to rob. Considered building a second club but common sense prevailed.

itzkakarot
07-24-2012, 07:30 PM
montecore, do yourself a favor and jump into a lower bracket and then start no-banking. See Nicholost's two posts on this:

Mafia Size and The Bracketing Hypothesis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis)
No-Bank Analysis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23389-No-Bank-Analysis)

I bet if you added up all the money you wasted in the last 4 weeks on bank fees you'd cry. I've been no-banking for months, its amazing seeing a wall of green on my newscast each morning...

Steve0
07-24-2012, 07:40 PM
montecore, do yourself a favor and jump into a lower bracket and then start no-banking. See Nicholost's two posts on this:

Mafia Size and The Bracketing Hypothesis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?22306-Mafia-Size-and-the-Bracketing-Hypothesis)
No-Bank Analysis (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?23389-No-Bank-Analysis)

I bet if you added up all the money you wasted in the last 4 weeks on bank fees you'd cry. I've been no-banking for months, its amazing seeing a wall of green on my newscast each morning...Absolutly I have 300 now and no banking only been Hit 3 times succesfuly in 2.5 months I switched to no banking when I had 26 mill in the bank and now have 15 mill unbanked going for level 2 upgrade on 1 of my NC, Bought 2 credit agencys also after both my NC and Upgraded My lofts to level 5 and one of my Rock cafe to level 2. Now its buying Missile Turrets and Upgrading long Cheep buildings. Not expanding yet, going to get rid of all useless buildings that pay out crappy.

Behzat
07-24-2012, 10:52 PM
Welcome to the club.After you got the taste of a nightclub you will want to have more or lvl it up immediately.

emcee
07-24-2012, 11:34 PM
Congrats on nc build. Imo all other income buildings excluding casinos, office building, hotel, credit agency, condo, french restaurant, upscales and modern loft are not worthwhile to build. Forget about gold buildings as its better used on crates.
In game cash is helpful to an extent. With that said you are better off end game just to maximize nc upgrades to level 10 and pick a few higher payout buildings.
2 level 10 nc should be sufficient and definitely with 2 casinos will be more than enough. With that said all the time upgrading lesser income buildings are almost a waste as there is a finite amount of time you will spend on upgrading buildings before you quit the game. As such, upgrades should be geared towards defense buildings while saving for expensive nc upgrades.
Although its also nice to play sim crime city which is why I may build a few other buildings from modern loft and up on income/hr rankings.

iatrogenicx
07-25-2012, 03:19 AM

I only have 4 or 5 now, but will work on them as I save. Is the rule still to not upgrade them past level 5?

Is there a limit of 50 guns?
What is the consensus opinion on the max level you should have gatling guns set?

Swearengen
07-25-2012, 05:41 AM
Most say lvl def bldgs including guns to 3 or 4 only. I agree initially but in the long run if you are going to have def bldgs (your call) eventually bring them past that.

NV555
07-25-2012, 11:31 PM
I agree with you Sasha I saved up for the UC's then back filled the lesser 48 24 12 buildings. I then take a break from building money buildings and just do upgrades while I build the gatlings.

In the end - there's lots of different approaches. In my mind - if you want it then build it - you can upgrade and go back and buy other things later. So what if you miss a collection here and there - you still have a high payout building that you didn't have before. To me it was like a hurdle and when it is finished I will go around doing some other upgrades and stuff and then I will save for the NC upgrade but in the meantime I'm still getting an increased IPH.

Do what's confortable for you...........

montecore
07-29-2012, 09:59 AM
Finally started the upgrade today. The last 10 seemed to take longer than the first 56.

iteachem
07-29-2012, 10:06 AM
Finally started the upgrade today. The last 10 seemed to take longer than the first 56.

So given I have a link to your hood I can expect to collect on it soon... LOL

Oh, and deposit that half million before I get tempted....

montecore
07-29-2012, 10:48 AM
Done and done. Couldnt have gotten it built today without your help.

iteachem
07-29-2012, 11:14 AM
Done and done. Couldnt have gotten it built today without your help.

Just pmd you the name of a player with 2 level 7 NCs and a weak defense.. First one to hit em wins.... a ton of money LOL

itzkakarot
08-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Just pmd you the name of a player with 2 level 7 NCs and a weak defense.. First one to hit em wins.... a ton of money LOL
That's just mean, teach :)