PDA

View Full Version : Decorating your base... What's the sense?

BadBoyz
07-06-2012, 06:21 AM
All this time, the concept of using trees, walls, barb wire was to help and camouflage artillery defenses. This is what I thought it was doing. Until my friend told me he couldn't see any of it. In other words, all the work and $$$ I put into my base was for nothing!!! He could see it on my game but when I saw his all my artillery was wide open. MW should put it as an obstacle, that's the intention making it harder for your opponents to hit the targets!!!!!

Tctiger
07-06-2012, 07:47 AM
soemone said they used to be able to see them until the game was lagging so they made it so no one can see them apart from you , still need them for the goals my last goal was 200 or 250 decorations , i sold all mine which gave me a lot of extra room .

Fifth Reich
07-06-2012, 08:06 AM
I have lots of decorations in my base and they look really cool. I wish that other people could see it.

BadBoyz
07-06-2012, 05:26 PM
I thought I was doing great and building my base for a stronger defense by placing trees in front of my SAMS. It was hard for me to upgrade them unless I move those trees I placed there in the first place. So now, I've wasted time and money for no reason...

Hassleham
07-06-2012, 05:31 PM
Sometimes i just do it out of boredom. If they manage to speed it up and reintroduce them then your base will already look cool so you might as well leave them now haha.

Kara T
07-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Besides the aesthetics they add when viewing your own base, they are a great way to store cash that can not be raided. When you need some extra cash, just sell a tree!

Selfproclaimed
07-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Lol. And to think I used to try and hide my upgrade level for buildings with palm trees

Hassleham
07-07-2012, 03:17 AM
I've got about 200 currently making a picture of a guitar on mine, cured about 3 hours of boredom so it's win/win :D

DILL3NGER
07-07-2012, 04:05 AM
All this time, the concept of using trees, walls, barb wire was to help and camouflage artillery defenses. This is what I thought it was doing. Until my friend told me he couldn't see any of it. In other words, all the work and $$$ I put into my base was for nothing!!! He could see it on my game but when I saw his all my artillery was wide open. MW should put it as an obstacle, that's the intention making it harder for your opponents to hit the targets!!!!!

So my plans to write 'Keep Out' in barrels is a waste of time then?

BadBoyz
07-07-2012, 07:07 AM
It will be a waste of time because only you will see it, no else will see those words. If i were to visit your base, it would be a big empty space.

manbeast
07-07-2012, 10:04 AM

take screen shots and post them here!! i want to see. i dont have any decorations

Kiss Of Death
07-07-2012, 11:06 AM
So my plans to write 'Keep Out' in barrels is a waste of time then?

No it seems its some people this affects and not others.. same in KA and CC... I do note that all GOLD/GEM decorations can be seen by all players... but most in game cash ones are hidden.... for most players. I've seen in CC some players letter boxes, rubbish bins and normal trees and most nothing... but I can always see gold decorations. Some times you can see the words spelt with items and other times you can't... just one of those things.

Kiss Of Death
07-07-2012, 11:08 AM
We should have athread dedicated to posting your base/cities etc if you want to show it off. I will when I can finally fit some on but right now I'm a new player and expanding slower than I can build.

Hassleham
07-07-2012, 02:04 PM
We should have athread dedicated to posting your base/cities etc if you want to show it off. I will when I can finally fit some on but right now I'm a new player and expanding slower than I can build.

There already is one from a few months ago, just needs finding and bumping!

Dreno33
07-07-2012, 02:18 PM
i built a wall in my base. now look at it. you tell me.

http://www.2epix.com/pictures/08fe2621d8e716b02ec0da35256a998d.jpg

Hellstorm
07-07-2012, 06:06 PM
I dont know if anybody else knows about this, but decorations can be used to hide some of your tactical buildings. For instance the composite factory... If you put certain trees in a certain pattern around your building it will disappear from your map, the enemy wont be able to see it.

Some of you have maybe seen those that only have a command center yet, a really high iph... They mastered the way of hiding things. I caught some back and forth conversations with rivals, talking about the exact position and type of tree needed. Interesting stuff...

Dreno33
07-07-2012, 06:08 PM
I dont know if anybody else knows about this, but decorations can be used to hide some of your tactical buildings. For instance the composite factory... If you put certain trees in a certain pattern around your building it will disappear from your map, the enemy wont be able to see it.

lolololol. hellstorm, dude, no one can see your decorations but you. it sucks, i know. but true

EDIT: and yes, those who play CC do know. decorations can be seen in others hoods and tree are primarily used for hiding building levels

Hellstorm
07-07-2012, 06:10 PM
I know that dreno... I am saying that people can hide buildings through decos. If you position them right around a building nobody but you will be able to see it.

Ashmw
07-07-2012, 06:45 PM
I know that dreno... I am saying that people can hide buildings through decos. If you position them right around a building nobody but you will be able to see it.

Glitch? If its x, can some one here teach me how to do that! My lev10 composite is d first thing rmy rivals will attack to weaken my def.

Lordsloss
07-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Glitch? If its x, can some one here teach me how to do that! My lev10 composite is d first thing rmy rivals will attack to weaken my def.Same here :)

Dreno33
07-08-2012, 12:20 AM

are you talking about glitches or just covering them in the shade of trees?

Kiss Of Death
07-08-2012, 05:57 AM
Glitch? If its x, can some one here teach me how to do that! My lev10 composite is d first thing rmy rivals will attack to weaken my def.

Lol. I take out Comp, followed by all boost buildings then take out best income buildings, if I hate the player and their in my news feed I also take out their infirmary straight away just to try and push up their cas rate. I used to hit defense buildings but their effect is so small compared to boosts and CF.

I only have 50 Stamina at the moment but will aim for 100 to wipe a base out in future.

Hellstorm
07-08-2012, 08:21 AM
Dreno I am talking about a glitch...
Dont get it mixed up, I am saying you can make a whole building disappear from your base. The trees they used were normal trees or palm trees as far as I remember.

@ash I cant teach you that, the best thing is you find somebody who can tell you whether or not it works. You will have to try out different trees, and position them differently around the building. All I know is that those dudes were talking about it and helping each other out. And he was certain it works, most of his base was just invisible to me... Lots of empty space, no boost building were visible.

dokinus
07-09-2012, 08:00 AM
i like to put up decos but now that you've mentioned it. hmmmm i'll to see for myself...thanks for the info. ill let you all know later if this is true.

Jp lfs
07-09-2012, 03:22 PM
The official position of support on this issue is as follows:

"Cloaking does not exist and is not possible in the game."

Like a lot of other issues, what some of us have experienced in the game is different than the official response.

Hellstorm
07-09-2012, 05:32 PM
Jp, enough with those conspiracy theories ;) actually those people were certain about it. And yeah its cloaking! I wish I wouldve allied with them and learned more.

Jp lfs
07-09-2012, 06:23 PM
Jp, enough with those conspiracy theories ;) actually those people were certain about it. And yeah its cloaking! I wish I wouldve allied with them and learned more.

Lol. Sorry. I love support!! That crew is awesome. But seriously, that thread was not locked or deleted. It has just fallen back a few pages. The full instructions were laid out pretty clearly. I don't plan on trying it out, or suggest anyone else does either. It would be a bummer to lose your game over trying to cheat.

JohnnyR
07-09-2012, 07:41 PM
Lol. Sorry. I love support!! That crew is awesome. But seriously, that thread was not locked or deleted. It has just fallen back a few pages. The full instructions were laid out pretty clearly. I don't plan on trying it out, or suggest anyone else does either. It would be a bummer to lose your game over trying to cheat.

I think it'd actually be worthwhile to try, see if it works. If it does, hell-forward it to Funzio.

LeBarticus
07-09-2012, 09:56 PM
Same here :)

Yeah, more on this? Very interested

dokinus
07-18-2012, 05:11 AM
hello, didn't have time to post recently, but anyways...i borrowed my friends iphone and checked my base and it barenaked!! no decorations! what's the use of putting up decos when you can't show it off??

Jhoemel
07-18-2012, 05:23 AM
hello, didn't have time to post recently, but anyways...i borrowed my friends iphone and checked my base and it barenaked!! no decorations! what's the use of putting up decos when you can't show it off??

Yeah, it was being shown a while back but the game is slowing down so the removed it