PDA

View Full Version : Defense advice

Mad
07-05-2012, 07:38 PM
During the warlord event, I ended up increasing my allies to 205 (up from around 40). I am at level 43. What would be a safe number of allies at level 43. I need to save up some money for upgrades and will have tons of cash hanging outside my vault and need to figure out if I can hold on to it. I am thinking 205 is way to high.

I really don't know what is the safe number of allies at each level. What advice would you give?

manbeast
07-05-2012, 07:43 PM
i usually kept mine about 20% below max, that way the big guys cant see you

also i dont know what your strategy is, but what i did was buy
transports (500), then sea scouts (600), then mine launchers (250). if you are UK this will work great

if you are russia then just buy 1,000 stealth surveillance drones.

if you have a big enough army, dont be afraid to go to max allies! if you have a ton of stealth surveillance drones, each ally will add 200 defense points after boost.

sometimes i lost battles just because someone was fighting me and they had 50 more allies!! once i added 50 more allies they didnt stand a chance

VERY IMPORTANT

get a composites factory!! 20% boost to your whole defense!! this strategy has made me almost invulnerable. i routinely have 30 mil in the bank

boardgames rule
07-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I would drop to 50-100 allies and stock up on sea scouts and GHD and mine launchers

Mad
07-05-2012, 07:55 PM

transports (500), then sea scouts (600), then mine launchers (250). if you are UK this will work great

if you have a big enough army, dont be afraid to go to max allies! if you have a ton of stealth surveillance drones, each ally will add 200 defense points after boost.

sometimes i lost battles just because someone was fighting me and they had 50 more allies!! once i added 50 more allies they didnt stand a chance

VERY IMPORTANT

get a composites factory!! 20% boost to your whole defense!! this strategy has made me almost invulnerable. i routinely have 30 mil in the bank

Wow that is quite an army I am impressed. I have a composite factory but it is only level 6. Will be leveling it up next, bu because of the few days it will take to level up I am thinking I could save up some money for a big upgrade. But I am feeling a bit vulnerable with that.

Of course, during the warlord event I was looking for units with lots of attack, now I need units with lots of defense lol.

Thanks. This recent event really threw me off my strategy lol.

Mad
07-05-2012, 07:56 PM
I would drop to 50-100 allies and stock up on sea scouts and GHD and mine launchers

Thanks both you confirmed what I have been thinking I will lower my allies significantly.

manbeast
07-05-2012, 08:40 PM

Thanks both you confirmed what I have been thinking I will lower my allies significantly.

I agree. no need to be at max allie, especially if your density is low. I'm only at max allies because my weakest defensive unit is sea scouts. If i dropped 100 allies at this point my defense stat would drop about 16k (including boosts)

having a strong defense is the most important thing in this game. otherwise you will never be able to save up enough money for the big upgrades.

boardgames rule
07-05-2012, 09:07 PM
At my level where I am level 39 I have run in with 2 people who can beat my def stats with 60ish Allies and both where heavy gold players. So I didn't stand a chance.

JohnnyR
07-05-2012, 09:32 PM

VERY IMPORTANT

Totally agree on Composites, someone took mine out and I lost 5000 defense!!!

Transports are pretty weak, and can be phased out very quickly by the other 3 major mid-range defense (Global Hawk Drone, Sea Scout, and Military Ambulance).

I currently keep 300 stock of all three GHD, SS, and MA. Each serves a purpose. You need anti air defenses-bingo, GHD in the bag. Those mofos die quick though, at least they are cheap. The MA has the best bang for buck, and dies slower than the GHDs. SS never dies, is strong against sea, AND has bigger stats than all three-but it is pricier. Go for all three I say.

Only reason I never touched MLs is for the fact that their attack stat would be high enough to get into my attack group. I'd personally opt for grabbing a shedload if I could though, without worrying about them dying. In your experience, how quickly are they dying for you, if at all?

Q Raider
07-06-2012, 06:54 AM
I will put in a plug for adding hovercraft into the bottom end along with the sea scouts and drones. Reason is the strong against ground factor to take on those with large amounts of EAD's. Though they are likely to go into attack as well they are resilient.

JohnnyR, just noticed your comment re having 300 of each to cope with the different attack strength's. I was under the impression that units will come into the Defence in order of their boosted stat rather than on a case by case basis.

For my situation of Russia, the drones come in higher than the hovercraft due to the bonus.

JohnnyR
07-06-2012, 11:30 PM
I will put in a plug for adding hovercraft into the bottom end along with the sea scouts and drones. Reason is the strong against ground factor to take on those with large amounts of EAD's. Though they are likely to go into attack as well they are resilient.

JohnnyR, just noticed your comment re having 300 of each to cope with the different attack strength's. I was under the impression that units will come into the Defence in order of their boosted stat rather than on a case by case basis.

For my situation of Russia, the drones come in higher than the hovercraft due to the bonus.

They all come into play, it's not case by case. I've got 410 allies right now (1640 units used) and this for me is all top ender stuff, none of these guys gets left out, lol. I just like to cover all my bases, each of the units has a particular strength and weakness.

Dreno33
07-06-2012, 11:31 PM
I really don't know what is the safe number of allies at each level. What advice would you give?

safe? safEST is always 1 (you)