PDA

View Full Version : What can you buy with 7 vaults of gold?

Dangerous Greg
07-05-2012, 05:22 AM
Being in the top 50 for the current event (and not by a large margin) I can tell what is a good approximation for the amount of gold required to win this event. It is between 6 and 7 vaults of gold! This is assuming that there isn't a ridiculous bidding war at the end of the event.

Funzio may think this was a HUGE financial success but I will argue that it could backfire in a big way. How many of the top 50 people will leave the event with a good feeling? Do you think that these big gold spenders will enter into the fray again? If so, how many? How many of the people that "just couldn't hang in there" are going to feel good about the event? Do you think they will enter into the bidding war again? How many free players are going to like the event? So, as far as the players go, was this event a huge success or failure? Will the majority of the people spend more or less going into another event like this? If it was a failure for the vast majority of the players, or if it was an event that causes player to change their spending habit, would this event be considered a success by Funzio or not?

Now, the obvious comment I will state from the beginning post: Yes, we all entered into the bidding war willingly. Not wanting to give up an advantage in the game and maybe foolish money priorities, pride, competitiveness or for whatever reason WE collectively are responsible for our own actions. My point is that we all learn in hindsight and will (hopefully) take these learnings and apply them in decisions moving forward.

Even if we had instead chosen to get other items rather than bidding on the current event, think about what 7 vaults of gold will buy you. How many crate could you buy? Better yet, what will $700 buy you outside of this game?

This was a cold slap of reality to face my addiction that I justify as entertainment. I appreciate that Funzio initiated an event that got me to realize what I was doing! I won't be one of the big gold spenders in the future. Live and learn. My stats tell the tale. I have spent WAY too much on this game in terms of time and money.

In my opinion, the best thing about the game is this Forum. I've met some great people here. That actually makes it worth it to me! I'll continue to have fun with the game. I just won't be so aggressive trying to get all the event items.

Good luck everyone!

Luciferianism
07-05-2012, 05:36 AM
If they dangle big enough carrots, the rabbits will continue to come. People way up on the leader board probably have enough disposable income to sustain this. However, each time it's going to have to be a pretty darn game breakingly powerful thing. They probably aren't done milking yet. Must be great being a CEO of this company if I were that guy and wanted to buy a new house, I'd just do an event in this format again with a non-consumerable explosive as the top prize 800/800 with the following multiple benefits: build 2 buildings at the same time, +20% mafia attack, +20% mafia defence, no banking fee. Then I'd ironically be a made man in real life from a virtual mafia game.

The very next week I'd throw out 1000/1000 with +50% mafia attack and defence then I'd take all the money I made and buy a house next door to Bill Gates.

Dipstik
07-05-2012, 05:42 AM
This is assuming that there isn't a ridiculous bidding war at the end of the event.

Why on earth would you assume that? Of course there will be.

JuSt.SiCk
07-05-2012, 05:46 AM
In KA they allrdy give the prices to the top 250 an top 25. I think they will force the players to buy more gold to get the price. I wont spend any Gold for the next events now.

Sandukan
07-05-2012, 05:50 AM
People will buy gold regardless of their pronouncements here.
It's what gives the competitive advantage.
I bet funzio/gree has made more money with each event.

balax
07-05-2012, 05:53 AM
evethow funzio gets money now this will be the end of game for many gold spenders

Sandukan
07-05-2012, 05:54 AM
evethow funzio gets money now this will be the end of game for many gold spenders

How so??????

Dangerous Greg
07-05-2012, 06:04 AM

I think some gold spenders will back way off. I think they will do this because they will realize the prize isn't worth the end amount. The "in for a penny, in for a pound" mentality that helps sustain the bidding comes to light after the dust has settled. For myself, I would take the 7 vaults of gold spent on this event and use them for crates knowing what I know now. I would gain more attack and defense advantage that way. Actually, with this event, I won't spend that much again on this game. Fun can be had without spending huge amounts of gold.

So, I agree with balax. I just don't know how many like me there will be.

cookie monster
07-05-2012, 06:25 AM
I think some gold spenders will back way off. I think they will do this because they will realize the prize isn't worth the end amount. The "in for a penny, in for a pound" mentality that helps sustain the bidding comes to light after the dust has settled. For myself, I would take the 7 vaults of gold spent on this event and use them for crates knowing what I know now. I would gain more attack and defense advantage that way. Actually, with this event, I won't spend that much again on this game. Fun can be had without spending huge amounts of gold.

So, I agree with balax. I just don't know how many like me there will be.

Who are you trying to convince, man?

You will continue to buy gold. The people who will actually change their behavior are the ones who only bought gold once or twice b/c they felt like this was needed to make an impact. These buyers will always comprise a much larger number than the people who spend a few hundred dollars per each event. What this event shows the casual, reluctant buyers is that spending $10 or $20 is not going to touch the amount needed to win the prize, so those people will stop buying.

An addict is an addict. If they or you could change their behavior, they would do so.

And yes, there will be a spending war as we near the end of the event. People 51-100+ will try to buy extra gold to spend their way into the top 50. You will also buy extra gold b/c knowing that other people will spend and what you've already invested, you will rationalize that buying more is "protecting your investment."

joaquim
07-05-2012, 06:29 AM
Can you give a short summary of what that says. I don't really feel like reading all of that.

Feng1234
07-05-2012, 06:31 AM
If you got the money to burn, you will as evident. If you don't got the money to burn, you won't do it.

Good post but you got the logic wrong.

balax
07-05-2012, 06:35 AM
i did spend some gold for a couple of days, i realize then the ammount of real money that i need to be in top50 and i stopped. I'll probably be in top500 and i've spent so far about 1300g which i think it is not worth spending them for such a prize. If i had spend 500$ for this event i think that i wouldn't spend again for a long long time or i would erase the game from my sellphone at once.
At next event i'm not willing to spend gold at all untill last day in which i'll deside if it is worth it or not

Max Power
07-05-2012, 06:37 AM
How so??????

There are casual gold spenders, like me, who maybe bought a vault a month, mostly for an event or promotion. We are now learning that this is a colossal waste of time. All that will do is put you at a level slightly above people who wont spend at all. And most of us have realized that it really not worth it. Any of it. I cant rule out never buying gold again, but honestly, I really can't see a good reason to do so. The gap between the haves and the have-nots if just too far. No game balance at all, so what's the point in spending anything?

Although I expected some of it, I am really amazed at the number of people out there with obsessive compulsive disorders. Other than being Bill Gates rich, there really isn't any other way to describe the behavior of some of the people here. I don't begrudge them, being a past gold-spender, that would be a little hypocritical, but seriously, how many of these people will be declaring bankruptcy or paying CC balances 20 years from now for this?

Sandukan
07-05-2012, 06:37 AM
Can you give a short summary of what that says. I don't really feel like reading all of that.
He spent a lot of gold and is not in the top 50 (clinging to top 500).

Dipstik
07-05-2012, 06:57 AM
I got a 68A/59D car for free! Maybe a 114A gun if I'm really lucky!

Sasha54
07-05-2012, 06:58 AM
There are casual gold spenders, like me, who maybe bought a vault a month, mostly for an event or promotion. We are now learning that this is a colossal waste of time. All that will do is put you at a level slightly above people who wont spend at all. And most of us have realized that it really not worth it. Any of it. I cant rule out never buying gold again, but honestly, I really can't see a good reason to do so. The gap between the haves and the have-nots if just too far. No game balance at all, so what's the point in spending anything?

Although I expected some of it, I am really amazed at the number of people out there with obsessive compulsive disorders. Other than being Bill Gates rich, there really isn't any other way to describe the behavior of some of the people here. I don't begrudge them, being a past gold-spender, that would be a little hypocritical, but seriously, how many of these people will be declaring bankruptcy or paying CC balances 20 years from now for this?

Do you have any Gold buildings?

Sasha54
07-05-2012, 06:59 AM
He spent a lot of gold and is not in the top 50 (clinging to top 500).

He's in the top 50............

Luciferianism
07-05-2012, 07:00 AM
All these events and scratchers and stuff have really devalued buying gold. Before gold items gave a real tangible enhancement to stats unobtainable by cash and respect items even as a casual spender, even buying just one item. Now they've giving out strong item freebies like crazy, every event people can expect to get a free item on par with an uncommon crate item. Gold is having less and less baring on the game, unless you're spending it in mass quantities. In the past I have thought 'when Christmas comes I'll treat my self a little and get a few crates or pretty limited items and it will give a tidy boost and advantage over the free players' now it has basically no effect.

Sandukan
07-05-2012, 07:04 AM
He's in the top 50............
I stand corrected.
It was a lot to read and I'm not the bestest reader.

balax
07-05-2012, 07:23 AM
My estimation is that the base for being in top 50 will more than 100 (maybe 110) chips so players must calculate how much gold will at least need to spend. If they are not willing to, i believe they should stop spending now.

Max Power
07-05-2012, 07:26 AM
Do you have any Gold buildings?

Yes.......

Inzaghi
07-05-2012, 07:34 AM
A question here. If all or most of the people stop buying gold, the end prize might be only worth one/half vault of gold with less competitors. What would people do after seeing this? Some might think it is worthwhile and start the spending journey again. But if there're enough people doing so, the price will level up again.
Actually, there's always moaning after each regular event since the first one, even if enough has been said about the low chance. I don't believe leaderboard events can be an exception.

DenZ1
07-05-2012, 07:52 AM
Finally somebody got to their senses. Why didn't people realized it in the first place? It didn't take me long to figure out what I would be getting myself into if I start the race for top 50. There are probably 20-30 players in this game that are so rich they don't really care how much they spend. Others should listen to thier senses more often.

cookie monster
07-05-2012, 07:55 AM
A question here. If all or most of the people stop buying gold, the end prize might be only worth one/half vault of gold with less competitors. What would people do after seeing this? Some might think it is worthwhile and start the spending journey again. But if there're enough people doing so, the price will level up again.
Actually, there's always moaning after each regular event since the first one, even if enough has been said about the low chance. I don't believe leaderboard events can be an exception.

Now, we're talking actual economics.

Supply and demand, baby. IF the cost is too high, people will not buy. Lower the price, they come back.

cookie monster
07-05-2012, 07:56 AM
Finally somebody got to their senses. Why didn't people realized it in the first place? It didn't take me long to figure out what I would be getting myself into if I start the race for top 50. There are probably 20-30 players in this game that are so rich they don't really care how much they spend. Others should listen to thier senses more often.

There's probably a gold hack or scam, too. I still find it hard to believe that someone would dump $500-$1000 into this for one event, but from the way this has played out, it would have to be in that ballpark for some of these players.

DenZ1
07-05-2012, 07:58 AM

+1. Thinking along same lines. I keep spending slowly but as the difference is just too huge to make an impact or close the gap without $1000's to spend in short period of time. This is just ridiculous. REcently I just realized that every time I open the box with gold it cost me $1, $2 with reset. Makes me think again now.

sexkitteh
07-05-2012, 08:04 AM
@OP

Let me ask you this - how good at money management are you in RL?

Yes you can spend a lot of money is this game, but that's part of consumerism.

I look at my spending habits and I realize I waste A LOT of money... cigs, booze, "herbs", vacation, my morning Starbucks, and all the other useless crap I don't need that adds up... The best thing to do, is get a temporary VISA from 7/11 and load it with some "extra" money to spend on phone games... and limit yourself to that... (yes game(s) - I spend money on other games too :P)

If you are an accountant and run your life by spending just enough to get by and banking the rest... I wouldn't play this game lol

AppleMacGuy
07-05-2012, 08:24 AM

I think you completely underestimate the disposable income and wealth of some people...as Sasha54 said people p!ss enormous amounts of money away or burn it...quite literally...who drinks alcohol or smokes for starters?

It's all just entertainment and the extent to which you participate in your chosen activity/ies is your own free choice. There's plenty of analysis been done on the demographics of smart phone owners, particularly the iPhone, that show that their income levels are right at the top end of the general population, ergo they have money spend on all sorts of frivolities. The ones that will be declaring bankruptcy are those that are pushing the budget in order to own such gadgets one in the first place.

Heck, why do folks drive ridiculously powerful cars or live in massive houses...it's cos they did something with their lives...worked hard, got educated whatever (silver spooners aside of course)...so why not spend what you want and how you want? Each to their own I say.

Inzaghi
07-05-2012, 08:40 AM
Now, we're talking actual economics.

Supply and demand, baby. IF the cost is too high, people will not buy. Lower the price, they come back.

The gold price never rises. It's players who determine the price of the award. Funzio just make use of that.

NTM
07-05-2012, 08:51 AM
sry but that realy stupid to put so many money in a game, and a poor game sry... never see a game cost so much with nothing inside.. anyway i know how i can make real money now, make a flash game and put on facebook and wait real money.. lol.. i don't flam u, i flam funzio and this game...

the game is cool but what fun for spend so many Gold ? for me and many that not an event... all palyers are addicted and i think that realy dangerous... look at u.. 7 vaults...

anyway for me that my last spend on this game, why ? because u have always event and event = gold

so.... the game os for rich ? or for people who steal credit card and buy with her ?

have fun with gold buy :) for me that all :) i put real money on real game where see ppl and fight with us for example...

i have spend 2 vault for this event and ?

sexkitteh
07-05-2012, 08:53 AM
i put real money on real game where see ppl and fight ...

You sound like a perfect candidate for the US army! :D

http://repreneur.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/08/unclesamwantsyou.jpg

cookie monster
07-05-2012, 09:01 AM
The gold price never rises. It's players who determine the price of the award. Funzio just make use of that.

The amount of gold needed to complete the objective has risen, which is the subject of that entire discussion.

I have an issue with people trying to correct me who don't pay attention enough to realize I know what I'm talking about.

kykboxr
07-05-2012, 09:04 AM
Can I assume there are heavy cheaters in the top 500 as well? I'm sure they can manipulate gold like respect and everything else right?

AppleMacGuy
07-05-2012, 09:07 AM
Can I assume there are heavy cheaters in the top 500 as well? I'm sure they can manipulate gold like respect and everything else right?

Who knows? The only thing required to cheat in this or any other event is a gold hack...if such a hack exists for sure it is being exploited during this event.

NTM
07-05-2012, 09:11 AM
well so top 50 = cheaters

and top 500 = legit = buyers of gold (like me)

nice, nice.. another thing important.... i think i restart game and cheat too, more easy.. u can sleep and come when u want for add gold/$ or some stats.

realy nice...

Dangerous Greg
07-05-2012, 09:18 AM
DenZ1...Yes, I realized it too late. You recognized the "trap" that before I did. My hat is off to you!
Yes, I also realize it is a trap of my own creation! Like I said...live and learn!

Dipstik
07-05-2012, 09:21 AM
The amount of gold needed to complete the objective has risen, which is the subject of that entire discussion.

I have an issue with people trying to correct me who don't pay attention enough to realize I know what I'm talking about.

Welcome to my world, Cookie Monster. I almost thanked you the other day for being one of the few people on the internet who seems to have an understand of basic economics, but I thought it would come across as condescending. Just remember that the people who don't understand are unfortunately the most likely to respond :)

Max Power
07-05-2012, 09:22 AM

Well, demand, actually. Supply in this case is....fake. Selling price is arbitrary based on response rather than an actual commodity.

I guess the only supply concern would be how often to run events. Over supply in content will reduce demand, I would guess. Not sure is we are there yet.

Inzaghi
07-05-2012, 09:47 AM

Funzio never price the awards. It's players who price them. So I don't see Funzio should be blamed for the high price. How can you claim items in an auction overcharged?

DenZ1
07-05-2012, 09:59 AM
Well, demand, actually. Supply in this case is....fake. Selling price is arbitrary based on response rather than an actual commodity.

I guess the only supply concern would be how often to run events. Over supply in content will reduce demand, I would guess. Not sure is we are there yet.

You right as always. Supply here is fake so usual supply-demand curve doesn't work in this game (well at least not 100% for sure). It has been proven. Human emotions and addictiveness interfere with cold rational economics (not always rational but most of the time). Funzio just uses that aspect to create inellastic supply with prices set-up by them as driven by their profitability model, they doesn't give a sh#$^t about other companies practices (charging $60 for the game, small monthly online fees, etc.). This model is just a pure simple gamble machine with elements of entertainment. People pay for entertainment and along the way getting sucked by gambling and addiction.
I used to be one of them. Haven't bought the gold for 3 or 4 month of playing, then its flooded. Spent over $1K (which is not too bad yet) and keep spending but way less and more rational just to keep an entertainment part alive. Trying to kill a gambling and addictive part in myself :) And it seems that I am recovering slowly :) This event is a proof.

Hello! My name is Den and I'm almost NOT an addict of CC. ;)

cookie monster
07-05-2012, 10:01 AM
Funzio never price the awards. It's players who price them. So I don't see Funzio should be blamed for the high price. How can you claim items in an auction overcharged?

They changed the event so as to increase demand, which drove the price up... ie the amount of gold needed to purchase in order to be in the top 50.

And items in an auction are constantly over-charged. Just because one person buys it at a certain price, doesn't mean they can sell it for that price. Auctions are set up specifically to confuse the value of an object.

Don't question me on this. I do know what I'm talking about.

cookie monster
07-05-2012, 10:03 AM

Seriously?!

You create a limited supply of a good, which forces demand up. This forces up the price. When the price gets too high, most people turn off completely. SO in totality, the event creates a set of effects that inevitably lead to changes in buying behavior and less revenue.

This can be corrected by increasing supply. In other words, but not limiting the amount of winners.

Now, can we move on?

DenZ1
07-05-2012, 10:08 AM
Seriously?!

You create a limited supply of a good, which forces demand up. This forces up the price. When the price gets too high, most people turn off completely. SO in totality, the event creates a set of effects that inevitably lead to changes in buying behavior and less revenue.

This can be corrected by increasing supply. In other words, but not limiting the amount of winners.

Now, can we move on?

You do realize that just simple economics don't apply to this game 100%, right? It's more about emotions then economics.

cookie monster
07-05-2012, 10:09 AM
You right as always. Supply here is fake so usual supply-demand curve doesn't work in this game (well at least not 100% for sure). It has been proven. Human emotions and addictiveness interfere with cold rational economics (not always rational but most of the time). Funzio just uses that aspect to create inellastic supply with prices set-up by them as driven by their profitability model, they doesn't give a sh#$^t about other companies practices (charging $60 for the game, small monthly online fees, etc.). This model is just a pure simple gamble machine with elements of entertainment. People pay for entertainment and along the way getting sucked by gambling and addiction.
I used to be one of them. Haven't bought the gold for 3 or 4 month of playing, then its flooded. Spent over $1K (which is not too bad yet) and keep spending but way less and more rational just to keep an entertainment part alive. Trying to kill a gambling and addictive part in myself :) And it seems that I am recovering slowly :) This event is a proof.

Hello! My name is Den and I'm almost NOT an addict of CC. ;)

Supply is not fake. It's very real. There are 50 of the Lambo, and 500 of the knucks. That's your supply.

DenZ1
07-05-2012, 10:15 AM
Supply is not fake. It's very real. There are 50 of the Lambo, and 500 of the knucks. That's your supply.

Whats the price?... Fake..

Anyway.. We can argue for hours about this :)
I don't buy thi kind of economics :) I do buy my addictive state of mind.

in-game j
07-05-2012, 10:50 AM
I think one of the biggest questions people will have is, who the **** is kevin. An actual player, a developer in disguise?, GREED's owner's son getting in on the action?

Rhino72
07-05-2012, 10:53 AM
Whats the price?... Fake..

Anyway.. We can argue for hours about this :)
I don't buy thi kind of economics :) I do buy my addictive state of mind.

What is the price of a movie? What is the price to get into an amusement park?

How are those any different than this price for some form of entertainment?

What I always find amusing and whenever a "spending" thread comes up it is always the reasoning and logic of the person making the post as to why they wouldn't spend the way others spend. "You" as in everybody other than the person purchasing said items are putting "your" mentality for what somebody else is doing.

Alice
07-05-2012, 11:38 AM
:rolleyes: looks like another gold player is going to quit? The purpose of a commercial game is to make money, not to make a good game.

cookie monster
07-05-2012, 11:41 AM
:rolleyes: looks like another gold player is going to quit? The purpose of a commercial game is to make money, not to make a good game.

The two aren't mutually exclusive.

It's a simple principle of hustling someone. Never hit them so hard that they realize what they've lost or they'll never come back.

Paulio
07-05-2012, 11:47 AM
To the OP, well said. This event has been a cold dose of reality for me, but I feel like if I give up now, it will have been a complete waste. In the grand scheme of things, it actually is. I have come to the conclusion that I will not compete this actively in another event of this type. After this event, if any of you see me in the top 50 after the first two days, please hold me accountable, as I can sometimes lack discipline.

To Greg: stop lead frogging me on the leaderboard, I need this! Lol.

DenZ1
07-05-2012, 11:51 AM
What is the price of a movie? What is the price to get into an amusement park?

How are those any different than this price for some form of entertainment?

What I always find amusing and whenever a "spending" thread comes up it is always the reasoning and logic of the person making the post as to why they wouldn't spend the way others spend. "You" as in everybody other than the person purchasing said items are putting "your" mentality for what somebody else is doing.

That is the thing.. In this model you determine the price... wait.. and that other guy.. and that other guy.. Look at that Kevin driving that crap up and everybody following him (not willingly). If not for Kevin, it would been somebody else.

Don't mix it up. This conversation was about economics man, not spending patterns and personal preference.

Person can buy a pile of cr$@3p for lots of money if he desires to.. (not related to this game :) ) he satisfies cravings or whatever, gets desired thing and personal satisfaction from purchase.. Nothing to do with rational economics..
Do you want me to get to find the logic why shouldn't I do the same? :)
Everybody thinks for themselves.. but again this is a state of mind not economics.

Populouspapa
07-05-2012, 11:58 AM
Damn 700$..

InGameName I
07-05-2012, 12:00 PM
Stats like mine

Alice
07-05-2012, 03:44 PM
The two aren't mutually exclusive.

It's a simple principle of hustling someone. Never hit them so hard that they realize what they've lost or they'll never come back.

with so many posts like this we all know to what extreme funzio has went.

I do believe there are even better ways to make more money while keeping the game great, instead of just selling equipments and give free/small spenders no hope. Such as best items drop from farming and grab transaction fees from player to player trade.

I don't however, believe funzio has the capability of making the game that good. Event is a great idea at first, after that just simple greedy.

Carlos,
07-05-2012, 04:28 PM
Funzio will continue to get money.

This event had 3 tiers.

1st tier being under 20 chips. The low tier. That's for the free players.

2nd tier being the top 500. The reasonable tier. This is for the lucky few free players and the ones that regularly spend money on events to get to number 10.

3rd tier being the top 50. The extreme tier. This event is out of reach for most, and only super spenders will get this.

I believe the third tier is there to:

1. Make the second tier look attractive. You will feel fine spending money to stay in that tier because hey, at least you aren't spending as much as the top 50 right?
2. Milk the maximum profit from the big spenders. Once you spend a reasonably large amount of money to get there, you will keep spending more and more to stay there because you don't want to lose out on your investment.

Second tier is there to:
1. Cushion the fall of the ones that didn't stay in the top 50. They won't feel as bad since they still get the upgrade time decrease. A consolation price. Next event, the ones that failed to stay in the top 50 will probably only aim for the top 500.
2. To satisfy the ones that buy a vault per event. If you spend whatever amount of money it was that you did in the past to get to the 10th gem/chip/ect, you will make it in the the top 500 of this event.

Third tier is there so that the free players still get something out of this.

The ones that fail to stay in the top 50 for this event, will aim for the 500 on the next one and will probably aim for the top 50 again in the event after the next.

PawnXIIX
07-05-2012, 04:41 PM
The ones that fail to stay in the top 50 for this event, will aim for the 500 on the next one and will probably aim for the top 50 again in the event after the next.

I feel like there's a 4th tier. Dunno what to call it. They are the people competing for that first spot. Trying to take the top spot and feel like they are better than everyone else. I know they are going to be resetting and using gold opens until the last second to try and force a win for them because they never feel like they should lose anything.

MackTheKnife
07-05-2012, 04:49 PM
There's probably a gold hack or scam, too. I still find it hard to believe that someone would dump $500-$1000 into this for one event, but from the way this has played out, it would have to be in that ballpark for some of these players.

You have to think, there are a few hundred thousand, maybe million clowns out there that are millionaires with plenty of money to waste, and happen to be nerds with iPhones playing Crime City too.

Johnny70
07-05-2012, 04:50 PM
To the OP, well said. This event has been a cold dose of reality for me, but I feel like if I give up now, it will have been a complete waste. In the grand scheme of things, it actually is. I have come to the conclusion that I will not compete this actively in another event of this type. After this event, if any of you see me in the top 50 after the first two days, please hold me accountable, as I can sometimes lack discipline.

To Greg: stop lead frogging me on the leaderboard, I need this! Lol.
never seen you go crazy for something like this cornpaulio, doesnt seem like to many people are concerned that this thing just might not work like advertised? hmmm not like anything else mark said "will work on the back end" didnt perform as expected right? I am sitting on 24 chips right now two ahead of out of 500 and I have spent a little just to stay two ahead, so I gotta ask, how deep into this are you dude? I am kind of banking on this working just like the purple car seems to be, cause I gotta tell you I dont have it, and I dont seem to be having much of a problem with the peeps that do... guess only time will tell in the mean time I'm kind of enjoying the huge stat increase I just got from spending much less on crates. I guess when you come close to 10% of my stats I'll spend less again and buy some more... one other question, how ya feelin about yer "investment" now?

nvbealone
07-05-2012, 04:51 PM
stupidity kills

Sasha54
07-05-2012, 04:51 PM
I think you completely underestimate the disposable income and wealth of some people...as Sasha54 said people p!ss enormous amounts of money away or burn it...quite literally...who drinks alcohol or smokes for starters?

It's all just entertainment and the extent to which you participate in your chosen activity/ies is your own free choice. There's plenty of analysis been done on the demographics of smart phone owners, particularly the iPhone, that show that their income levels are right at the top end of the general population, ergo they have money spend on all sorts of frivolities. The ones that will be declaring bankruptcy are those that are pushing the budget in order to own such gadgets one in the first place.

Heck, why do folks drive ridiculously powerful cars or live in massive houses...it's cos they did something with their lives...worked hard, got educated whatever (silver spooners aside of course)...so why not spend what you want and how you want? Each to their own I say.

Yo baby......when did I say that
Have you got me confused with the clown..........yes we reside in the same country but we be different people........

Sasha54
07-05-2012, 04:53 PM
@OP

Let me ask you this - how good at money management are you in RL?

Yes you can spend a lot of money is this game, but that's part of consumerism.

I look at my spending habits and I realize I waste A LOT of money... cigs, booze, "herbs", vacation, my morning Starbucks, and all the other useless crap I don't need that adds up... The best thing to do, is get a temporary VISA from 7/11 and load it with some "extra" money to spend on phone games... and limit yourself to that... (yes game(s) - I spend money on other games too :P)

If you are an accountant and run your life by spending just enough to get by and banking the rest... I wouldn't play this game lol

Sorry ......but who gets a temp visa card at a 7/11........

Dipstik
07-05-2012, 05:14 PM
They don't have walmarts in the inner city, sasha.

Johnny70
07-05-2012, 05:25 PM
They don't have walmarts in the inner city, sasha. whats up man I asked nicely for a link? whats up?:cool:

Eyelusion
07-05-2012, 05:52 PM
I feel like there's a 4th tier. Dunno what to call it. They are the people competing for that first spot. Trying to take the top spot and feel like they are better than everyone else. I know they are going to be resetting and using gold opens until the last second to try and force a win for them because they never feel like they should lose anything.

I feel there's a 5th tier for those that didn't even try to get one chip. :p

Dipstik
07-05-2012, 05:55 PM
whats up man I asked nicely for a link? whats up?:cool:

A link to what?

Johnny70
07-05-2012, 06:12 PM
A link to what?
Where,?...

Dipstik
07-05-2012, 06:29 PM
We're like two ships passing each other quietly in the night...

Sasha54
07-05-2012, 06:32 PM
They don't have walmarts in the inner city, sasha.

Ha...ha....
I don't do Walmart either...and my credit card has no limit so I guess this is foreign to me.....