PDA

View Full Version : New maps pay for play?

Joie
07-04-2012, 03:51 PM
With the obvious route the game is going, and I'm not complaining just making an observation as I am happy just to float along and play for free and see what I can or can't get during events, I am willing to bet that when new maps are added there will be a gem charge to play them. Of course I'd just let them sit but what's everyone else think

Euchred
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
Can't see it happening

Joie
07-04-2012, 04:45 PM
It could happen easy with the new changes going on. Example, play this map for unique drops and loot only available to players of said map. M

The_Red
07-04-2012, 06:27 PM
... gosh, I can't believe this business is trying to make money. Say it aint so!

Joie
07-04-2012, 07:20 PM
I'm not complaining at all red, just tryin to guess the next move and that one seems as plausible as any. I'll keep on grinding the free route and have fun doing it. My concern is not what the cash players do. Just a guess on my part to stir up a little talk. If not another event what do you think the next revenue event,item,map etc will be

Euchred
07-04-2012, 07:50 PM
I can see limited time weapons and armor coming out and eventually scratch cards. The idea of paid maps maybe out of the realm of this games coding abilities, somethings need the proper ground work to be able to ever work.

I'm also playing KA free and don't plan on changing, new things seem exciting at first but the luster often wears off.

Timbathia
07-04-2012, 09:21 PM
and if they do this Joie as a result of your thread you can bet we are all coming after you in-game.

Aoxoa
07-04-2012, 10:02 PM
... gosh, I can't believe this business is trying to make money. Say it aint so!
I think another point he is making is that they are evidently upping the ante on ways to take our money. Obviously a business should be trying to make money (and people make that argument every time), but I think everyone on these forums knows that there are certain standards when it comes to games that are being violated with some of the recent moves that the dev team has made.

Just because they can charge us for x or y doesn't mean that it is in the best interest of the longevity of the game (and thus their ability to continue making money from it).

Dexter Morgan
07-05-2012, 05:17 AM
Well put aoxoa. If they were to do this I would not participate. Although I have spent $ previously I swore I wouldn't spend anymore. Hopefully I stick to it

The_Red
07-05-2012, 07:09 AM
I think another point he is making is that they are evidently upping the ante on ways to take our money.

I understand that - I was making a joke. No need to dumb it down for me. ;)

Ghost818
07-05-2012, 02:47 PM
I doubt that they would open new maps only available with purchase, cause that would mean it is a DLC sort thing and the concept of free would diminish.

Everson25
07-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Sorry for the OT. Hi Ghost! It's been a while since I see you row around here.

Hunterhan37
07-06-2012, 10:56 PM
I can see limited time weapons and armor coming out and eventually scratch cards. The idea of paid maps maybe out of the realm of this games coding abilities, somethings need the proper ground work to be able to ever work.

I'm also playing KA free and don't plan on changing, new things seem exciting at first but the luster often wears off.

You are wrong!
I think they can add gem map immediately without of any code change.
Say, free player can get into the new map, and kill some mobs, but for killing the boss you are required some gem weapons. :-)

ShawnBB
07-06-2012, 11:13 PM
I doubt that they would open new maps only available with purchase, cause that would mean it is a DLC sort thing and the concept of free would diminish.

I miss you man! How's everything?

LoL, you just pop out from nowhere and act like just posted something few minutes ago...

I'm done with KA now, just log in once a day and keep money buildings upgrade. KA is going down and turning into an ugly manipulating real money game.:(

DIrishB
07-07-2012, 11:15 AM
You are wrong!
I think they can add gem map immediately without of any code change.
Say, free player can get into the new map, and kill some mobs, but for killing the boss you are required some gem weapons. :-)

How are they wrong? He offered an opinion, you offered one back. You're both making assumptions, therefore no one is wrong until proven otherwise by facts, which we don't have concerning this issue until new maps are released.

Hunterhan37
07-07-2012, 01:16 PM
How are they wrong? He offered an opinion, you offered one back. You're both making assumptions, therefore no one is wrong until proven otherwise by facts, which we don't have concerning this issue until new maps are released.

I mean they already got the ability to add some gem map.

The idea of paid maps maybe out of the realm of this games coding abilities, somethings need the proper ground work to be able to ever work.

DIrishB
07-07-2012, 03:45 PM
I mean they already got the ability to add some gem map.

And again, this is a complete assumption on your part. I'm not saying it won't or can't happen, just that since we're not privy to the game code and inner workings of it, or Funzio's future plans for new maps, to make such a sure statement as you did makes no sense. You don't know, just as the rest of us don't, so outright calling someone wrong for something you have no idea about is just in poor taste, no offense.

MaverickMunkey
07-07-2012, 04:15 PM
I really do not think that they will bring in gem only maps as this would immediately alienate the majority of their player base who do not purchase gems.

Once that happens the game will stagnate as people quit and word of mouth referrals will disappear.

Futon
07-07-2012, 05:10 PM

Truly a ghost these days!

On topic, I don't see it happening. There would be no point in them doing that.