PDA

View Full Version : paying the wrong people

Tctiger
07-04-2012, 06:43 AM
i play mw on my iphone on wifi at home but for some reason im sure it swiches over to 3g and charges me sometimes , also usually play 3g at work hopefully i will be able to use the wifi at office soon but as it stands my credit just seems to vanish sometimes , i put £10 on yesturday moorning and i only loged on now and again to collect cash really and by the afternoon all my cred was gone , so really i am paying quite a lot to my network provider to play modern war which i am not very happy about, im not sure there is anything i can do about it but it seems like i am paying my network to play mw instead of funzio which doesn't seem right . all the cash i have paid to play mw i could have used to buy gold ! i have the location sevices off so i am not sure where all my cred goes sometimes ! i did call my provider but they couldn't help.

JMC
07-04-2012, 07:30 AM
Are you talking about MW using up all your Data? Because it doesn't use that much. Double tap your home button and see what other apps are open. Close all of them except for MW.

I know when i first got my iPhone and didn't know how to use it, i was going through a lot of data every day without even doing anything. Fixed that though.

mickymacirl
07-04-2012, 08:30 AM
Or jailbreak your device, also there's a brilliant free app called Onavo extend with helps reduce high data usage by up to 50% in some cases.

Tctiger
07-04-2012, 08:31 AM
just spoke to them again and i am using 1k just by opening the app and fifty something pence a minuite ! spent £120 last month just mainly playing mw on 3g at work , think i will have to sinc my builings to pay out when i get home i can't be paying that much to play an iphone game which will put me out of any events in the day , im going to get wifi at work but even on wifi it seems to change over to 3g without me knowing .

Tctiger
07-04-2012, 08:32 AM
thanks i will check that out .

magepker
07-04-2012, 09:27 AM
put your phone on airplane mode, then turn on wifi.

Dr. Dengus
07-04-2012, 10:12 AM
What magekeeper said. Or you can go to Settings -> General -> Network -> Then turn off Cellular Data. This will restrict your phone to use wifi only as well.

Tctiger
07-04-2012, 10:39 AM
I won't get any calls through in airplane mode I will try the settings but it said wifi data so didn't try it , I will see if that does the trick thanks. Didn't realise how expensive 3G is with this game .

JMC
07-04-2012, 01:34 PM
1KB is nothing, i don't know why you're getting charged so much. Go to your settings and turn off data so it doesn't get used up. I know data was still being used for me even though i had wifi connection. So i turn off the data unless i'm outside of wifi and using it. Even if you don't think you're using it, like i said before, apps running in the background will be draining it.

Also if you jailbreak your device like micky said, you can try the app he mentioned as well as get SBSettings. To make turning data/wifi on and off less of a hassle.

Buggs1a
07-04-2012, 01:54 PM
Are you talking about MW using up all your Data? Because it doesn't use that much. Double tap your home button and see what other apps are open. Close all of them except for MW.

I know when i first got my iPhone and didn't know how to use it, i was going through a lot of data every day without even doing anything. Fixed that though.

Those are a history, not just open.