5 egss - Dragon Tamer 28/40
10 eggs - Dragon Breath 35/61
15 eggs - Dragon Overseer 60/67
20 eggs - Dragon Caster 131/69

Top 250 - Red Dragon Consort 420/330 +100 attack skill
Top 25 - Elder Dragon of Dark Flame 1197/1053 with 20% fewer casualties

Timbathia
07-03-2012, 06:10 PM
1 for 1 - top 25, though we all know that in 2 days or so I will be something like 3 for 33 and ready to punch people in the throat.

tcapi
07-03-2012, 06:10 PM
Funzio must have been enjoying the "SUCCESS" of previous event.

Zesder
07-03-2012, 06:11 PM
When does this start?

Timbathia
07-03-2012, 06:12 PM
Thats some big fliippin numbers on the elder dragon, though I guess if you are going to drop a grand on an event to get in the top 25 the prize needs to be pretty good.

tcapi
07-03-2012, 06:13 PM
Just started. Now 5d:05h:46m

Timbathia
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Funzio must have been enjoying the "SUCCESS" of previous event.

I hope they have improved the open rates and the quality of loot if it is not an egg.

A similar event is running in CC at the moment and everyone is *****ing about the same stuff we did for the hellfire event (even real money players). It would be nice to see that Funzio actually listens to us.

Zesder
07-03-2012, 06:14 PM
Ok I'll try again. It didn't start for me last time I checked.

spectra
07-03-2012, 06:15 PM
This event is BS!!!!!!
they are only gona give half of the prizes
only top 250 and top 25
the idea behind this is make players spend way more than before, because there are less prizes
DO NOT USE GEMS unless you are prepare to spend $600 real cash and you might still not be on top 25

Euchred
07-03-2012, 06:16 PM
New events are pretty lame only the top 250 get it now to make it even more ridiculous. Didn't come close to the last one certainly won't on this one.

Funzio can lick me where I toot, you're supposed to give to your player base not take away lrn2notfcukupsomuch.

tcapi
07-03-2012, 06:22 PM
Spectra is at Top 25 now! Cool!:o

tcapi
07-03-2012, 06:24 PM
Last checked. I rank 242!!! But without a single egg!

Zesder
07-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Had to load and reload to start the event.

ShawnBB
07-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Funzio will go broke very soon if they keep doing this.

Only straight up RETARD would spend real money once again in another bidding event.

Zesder
07-03-2012, 06:39 PM
I think it's to soon for another bidding war style event.

tcapi
07-03-2012, 06:43 PM
The company probably needs to boost the financial figures, Gree is on Funzio's back with microscope now.:cool:

Tiki
07-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I think it's to soon for another bidding war style event.

I agree, way too soon. But on a brighter note, I just got my first sorry

tcapi
07-03-2012, 07:09 PM

Only straight up RETARD would spend real money once again in another bidding event.

Well, within an hour, the top player has 7 dragon eggs already.............

Jeshu
07-03-2012, 07:12 PM
The company probably needs to boost the financial figures, Gree is on Funzio's back with microscope now.:cool:

Gree... Sounds more like greed. Can't believe they are making the chances even lower

spectra
07-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Spectra is at Top 25 now! Cool!:o

Two cash opens, will not be surprise when the "sorry" start piling up
I predict I will be out of the top 25 before tomorrow noon (I am being optimistic the GEM spender won't kick me out tonight) LOL, hahahahahahaa

EDIT: I will be lucky if I last another 30 minutes at the bottom 25, HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

spectra
07-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Well, within an hour, the top player has 7 dragon eggs already.............

most be on of the guys that won last event, or a POOR SOUL that is not aware that spending $200 real cash will not get him any where close to the grand prize

Krug
07-03-2012, 07:17 PM

There are enough real money players to buy into it, for whom plonking down loads of $ is not an issue at all.

It's no big deal to me, as judging from the last event, I won't be in the top 500 let alone the top 250, and I'll be busy for the next few days. (It is 4th of July and there are better things to do than check on whelp eggs).

But I do like the little undefeated guys they give so I take it as a bonus.

Once you've made peace that you're NOT going to get in the top 250 or 25, I'm ok with the events.

Jeshu
07-03-2012, 07:20 PM
Can someone create a poll to see who actually likes the old events vs the new ones?

I would create it myself but it seems that I'm not allowed to start a new thread.

asdfg12345
07-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Lol, I am not gonna participate in this **** again. Complete waste of time. Buying a couple high priests will cover the stats from the units.

tcapi
07-03-2012, 07:22 PM
Once you've made peace that you're NOT going to get in the top 250 or 25, I'm ok with the events.

Well said. +1

All these monies should give Funzio resources and drive to put in a better game, hopefully. So, thank you.

Chups
07-03-2012, 07:30 PM
I ended up rank 358 buying a couple of bags and chest of gems......there is no way I can get to top 250. So I'm passing on buying gems on this one.

Bea
07-03-2012, 07:34 PM
In, out, in, out, in, out, in, out...

I do not have this event!!

Nick-Clark1
07-03-2012, 07:36 PM
Wow, not much time between events eh? I already feel like an idiot for spending real money on the other event so I won't be doing that this time. If I can get the Dragon Tamer (5) and maybe Dragons Breath (10), I'll be pretty satisfied.
Time to spam the Dwarven Mines again.
Good luck everyone, I hope you guys get some nice units from this!

Nick-Clark1
07-03-2012, 07:38 PM
In, out, in, out, in, out, in, out...

I do not have this event!!

I got it when I double clicked the "home" button on my iPhone and cancelled the little quick launch icon down the bottom.

tcapi
07-03-2012, 07:39 PM
@Bea Try let the game on for 10 minutes to kick start the update. Then quite and come in again.

asdfg12345
07-03-2012, 07:43 PM
They need an event where the #1 player gets some super unit and see how high the bid goes.

Joie
07-03-2012, 07:47 PM
Arrrrrrg, hy do these Kay's start with me n empty skills points ;)

Timbathia
07-03-2012, 07:48 PM
They need an event where the #1 player gets some super unit and see how high the bid goes.

Why waste time with this event charade? Funzio can just auction off one of a kind units each week to the highest bidder. They can then still run fun events where nobodies like us get some cool free units and not have to worry about not making enough cash.

Vidia
07-03-2012, 07:49 PM
This is completely greed driven. Last event people spent over 4000 gems for a spot in top 50, now it is only top 25. Minimum 6000 gems required. Top 250, as before, no way to free players, and it is going to cost lots more for gem players too.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Wheeeeee! Another event! Game on!

I am currently in the Top 25!!! YES!!! Wish me luck! I'll need it! :)

Good luck to all. Ur it stinks that not only is this event nearly back to back, but no gem sale. Stingy move, but hey. If people don't play this one, I'll have that much more of a chance.

marebear
07-03-2012, 08:08 PM
My opinion if you want to spend gems is to only do it to get to 20. Then all in game cash opens. Why can't mw or ka have free give aways like the cc daily scratchers? And I must say only top 25 and top 250 funzio/gree. Way to NOT listen to us and be greedy. It's not an event, it's an auction. Sucky.

Vito
07-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Good God not another event!!! The whole platform of these events is ridiculous. I'm so tired of having to log on every hour just to get a "sorry". C'mon Funzio, give us a break.
I really feel bad for players chasing after the top prizes and don't make it. They've blown lots of cash and get nothing after the 20'th egg.

Joie
07-03-2012, 08:11 PM
It's fun, if ya ont like it don't play, it's not that hard

asdfg12345
07-03-2012, 08:17 PM
Why waste time with this event charade? Funzio can just auction off one of a kind units each week to the highest bidder. They can then still run fun events where nobodies like us get some cool free units and not have to worry about not making enough cash.
Yea they might as well do that lol.

Zesder
07-03-2012, 08:22 PM
I would rather each box opened and we got something small instead of a sorry each time.

marebear
07-03-2012, 08:23 PM
It's fun, if ya ont like it don't play, it's not that hardNew to this?? Back to back events is getting tiresome. Especially when you play all three games. I agree with those who say it is less about strategy now and more of whose pockets are deepest. And I'm a gem player. But not for long with events every day and also why are the units duplicates of already existing units. At least use some of that money towards new content. Geeze.

Vidia
07-03-2012, 08:26 PM
Let's do an estimate for number of eggs required to be in top 25 and top 250

I would say 100 and 50. Especially the extra 100 skill points are so attracting almost a game changer.

Futon
07-03-2012, 08:28 PM
As a free player i got up to 8 items on both of the first 2 events. Last weeks event i got up to 3. I didn't even get the first unit which was 5. I predict more of the same this event... Don't see the point of making events this ridiculous.

Aoxoa
07-03-2012, 08:37 PM
I am only a free player and after last event I have decided to not even give a s#%* about this event. Sorry, Funzio/Gree/whomever, I'm not giving you my money for a game that isn't even slightly well balanced.
I liked this game better when it wasn't all about your willingness to completely throw away your money to get a leg up.

Don't get me wrong, I'll still be improving my kingdom. I just don't have any faith in the dev team to do anything but EXPLOIT money out of the top xxx players and thus I don't really care if I win any events. I'll still take down any free player (and a few gem players) that I can.

Good luck to anyone who thinks it is cool to waste time or money on this event.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 08:39 PM
Let's do an estimate for number of eggs required to be in top 25 and top 250

I would say 100 and 50. Especially the extra 100 skill points are so attracting almost a game changer.

I think with the 25/250 margins, it's going to be closer to 120 and 60.

Joie
07-03-2012, 08:40 PM
Nope not new at all I've gotten 9,9 and 14 during the last three events and that's fine by me. If people wanna spend go ahead doesn't bother me in the least. The worst part is listening to people piss and moan about events that they don't even have to participate in ,in the first place. I'm a free player and always will be, this is nothing more Han just another side quest which is great as I'm on he last map anyway.

Bea
07-03-2012, 09:14 PM
Always funny when someone moans about people moaning!

I have event now, and 1st sorry...

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Always funny when someone moans about people moaning!

I agree! It's quite funny sometimes, until it drags out.......

I have event now, and 1st sorry...

Ouch. How far'd you get on the last one?

Bea
07-03-2012, 09:32 PM
Ouch. How far'd you get on the last one?

Last time got to 15 on 2nd box in OT.

Captian Awesome
07-03-2012, 09:33 PM
[QUOTE=asdfg12345;312082]They need an event where the #1 player gets some super unit and see how high the bid goes.[/QUOTE

I Would win. So I will take my Unit now :)

Captian Awesome
07-03-2012, 09:34 PM
This is completely greed driven. Last event people spent over 4000 gems for a spot in top 50, now it is only top 25. Minimum 6000 gems required. Top 250, as before, no way to free players, and it is going to cost lots more for gem players too.
Try 7500 gems for top 50

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Last time got to 15 on 2nd box in OT.

Did you get to keep the unit? And how far you gonna go on this one?

Captian Awesome
07-03-2012, 09:39 PM
Good God not another event!!! The whole platform of these events is ridiculous. I'm so tired of having to log on every hour just to get a "sorry". C'mon Funzio, give us a break.
I really feel bad for players chasing after the top prizes and don't make it. They've blown lots of cash and get nothing after the 20'th egg.
The opens should build up so if you log in after five hours due to, I dunno, work or sleep, you could open five.
And I felt the same way last event. I was in for over 300$ and in #55 place. If I wanted my investment to pay off I had to spend another 200$. But I got it. Was it worth it? I'm not sure .....

Tiki
07-03-2012, 09:47 PM
Try 7500 gems for top 50

Oh my gosh, I am feeling very lucky. I did not use that many gems and I was in the top 50.

ShawnBB
07-03-2012, 09:56 PM
The opens should build up so if you log in after five hours due to, I dunno, work or sleep, you could open five.
And I felt the same way last event. I was in for over 300$ and in #55 place. If I wanted my investment to pay off I had to spend another 200$. But I got it. Was it worth it? I'm not sure .....

If you still decide to participate this event hard, then you literally need a therapy dude.

Dr. Dengus
07-03-2012, 09:58 PM
If Funzio/GREE was going to change it to a top 25/250 format, they should have at least swapped the bonuses. The stats are great on the Elder Dragon.....but honestly, why pay hundreds of dollars for 20% reduced casualties? A bonus of +100 to the attack skill is much more valuable imo. I mean if you spend hundreds on an event, you are most likely a heavy gem player with tons of indestructible units anyway, so why worry about casualties? Just my two cents, I'm a free player so I'll still participate for a couple free units.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 09:59 PM
If you still decide to participate this event hard, then you literally need a therapy dude.

Really? Keep these comments to yourself. They don't belong on a public forum, no matter your views. This has already been mentioned before by CCM.

Welcome to the forums! Please see the below guidelines to ensure a fun and constructive posting experience:

Please do not:

Flame, Troll, or otherwise be a nuisance
Insult or deride any player or staff member

Just in case you need to read this part again.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 10:00 PM
If Funzio/GREE was going to change it to a top 25/250 format, they should have at least swapped the bonuses. The stats are great on the Elder Dragon.....but honestly, why pay hundreds of dollars for 20% reduced casualties? A bonus of +100 to the attack skill is much more valuable imo. I mean if you spend hundreds on an event, you are most likely a heavy gem player with tons of indestructible units anyway, so why worry about casualties? Just my two cents, I'm a free player so I'll still participate for a couple free units.

You have a point; however, when you're far along in the game, and say you're building up on dragons at 13,000 a pop, it would be better to have the 20% less casualties, then it would to have 100 attack points.

Bea
07-03-2012, 10:01 PM
Did you get to keep the unit? And how far you gonna go on this one?

Yes I got to keep it. Not sure this time, event has overlapped with event on CC and I need some time out!

YLL
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
I don't believe it... or actually, I very much do! Woke up again to find that I'm already way behind on another auction-style event. *rolls eyes* And whereas last time I was never able to catch the Top 500 but had faint hope, this time, I do not believe there even a glimmer. :_(

Bea
07-03-2012, 10:04 PM
Really? Keep these comments to yourself. They don't belong on a public forum, no matter your views. This has already been mentioned before by CCM.

Nobody mention the elephant in the room...

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Yes I got to keep it. Not sure this time, event has overlapped with event on CC and I need some time out!

Good luck! I know I need it.

tcapi
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
This guy has a good point. +1

Bea
07-03-2012, 10:07 PM
Good luck! I know I need it.

You too hun!

Chups
07-03-2012, 10:17 PM
The gap between gem players and free players are widening. There is no longevity on this game. This is a quick cash short game.

Dr. Dengus
07-03-2012, 10:18 PM
You have a point; however, when you're far along in the game, and say you're building up on dragons at 13,000 a pop, it would be better to have the 20% less casualties, then it would to have 100 attack points.

True, having that bonus couldn't hurt. But when you are dealing with such small numbers, ie: a 0.006 casualty rate. A 20% reduction off that only brings it down to 0.0048. Just seems like such a measly bonus for something that's going to cost people tons of $$. If you're bringing hundreds of the same unit to battle, a 20% reduction will hardly be noticeable. If you do PvP a lot, +100 to your attack skill (not profile attack points, but actual attack skill points) would really be beneficial. Especially if another attack skill point bonus item is thrown out in the future. Oh well, not like I'm chasing those prizes anyway lol. Good luck all.

Captian Awesome
07-03-2012, 10:26 PM

Why?
Is it because I make a stupid amount of money? My real life income per hour is over 50$. And that's something 90% of society cannot say.
I've spent a huge amount of money on video games in my 30 years of gaming. This game is no different.
But I truly am wondering why I am.
Maybe I don't need "a therapy" but many sessions of therapy, or a kick in the head :) Whichever is cheaper :)

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 10:40 PM
Why?
Is it because I make a stupid amount of money? My real life income per hour is over 50$. And that's something 90% of society cannot say.
I've spent a huge amount of money on video games in my 30 years of gaming. This game is no different.
Maybe I don't need "a therapy" but many sessions of therapy, or a kick in the head :) Whichever is cheaper :)

Well, considering its your money, you're obviously doing well and still making, so why not spend it on what you want? Especially a game. I for one have been spending money on video games since the EARLY console days; more power to you.

I just hope with "events" like these continuing to happen, enough free players will hang around to make it worth it. :)

Captian Awesome
07-03-2012, 10:55 PM
Well, considering its your money, you're obviously doing well and still making, so why not spend it on what you want? Especially a game. I for one have been spending money on video games since the EARLY console days; more power to you.

I just hope with "events" like these continuing to happen, enough free players will hang around to make it worth it. :)

I agree. Free players need a kickback of some sort. 1% of all deposits for a 12 hour period should go to randomly selected frequent free players. :)
I'm sure I'll get bored with this game and move on soon enough and my kingdom or base will be a pile of rubble.
And another company will get my money. But for now an event every second hour is keeping me entertained :)

Sigh .......

EthanQ
07-04-2012, 12:20 AM
Woah I just got the box event and the top guy already has 21 dragon eggs.. seriously?:(

YLL
07-04-2012, 12:50 AM
Why?

Is that $50 x 8 x 5 x 52 (ho hum), $50 x 24 x 365 (I want to marry you if you started gaming at age 0 and are a nice, single, beautiful female) or somewhere in between? ;)

YLL
07-04-2012, 12:56 AM

My guess: Gree probably loaded up with realtively short-term, high-interest debt to acquire Funzio...

tcapi
07-04-2012, 02:38 AM
My guess: Gree probably loaded up with realtively short-term, high-interest debt to acquire Funzio...

Part of the deal could be performance (yes! $$$$!) based.

Hobtuse
07-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Just updated my app. Missed the last event. But it's alright.

Hobtuse
07-04-2012, 02:46 AM
0 for 1. Here we go again!

I am at least up for this one since the theme is dragons...

Addyman
07-04-2012, 03:07 AM
I for one won't be participating this time around.

I bought some gems and tried to get into the top 500 on the last event and failed.

This time it is top 250 only.

Looking at it, to get any of the Units (for 5, 10, 15) etc. I either need to spend gold or gems. I'm going to do neither, it really isn't worth it.

Unless you think you can get into the top 250 or top 25 then don't bother. The stats of these units are OK, but in the grand scheme of things they are minimal. I have over 30K defence, adding a unit with 40 or 50 Defence is a fraction of a percent increase. Not worth it. For the cost of opening a box with gold I can nearly buy another High Priest.

Unless you are a heavy gem spender, you are better playing the game normally and using your gold on units and / or possibly some equipment.

Everson25
07-04-2012, 03:26 AM
My guess: Gree probably loaded up with realtively short-term, high-interest debt to acquire Funzio...That's normally some companies do. They buy on credit from banks and then rush to make the money as quick as possible.

aljack
07-04-2012, 04:35 AM
Let's hope eggs will open easier than in previous event. I've been trying often and with ancient spell but got very unlucky :(

MaverickMunkey
07-04-2012, 04:41 AM
That's normally some companies do. They buy on credit from banks and then rush to make the money as quick as possible.

I know it's a company and they have to raise revenue but it is disappointing that the events are so geared towards getting as much money from the players as possible. It would be good if they could alternate the events. So they would have one of these money making events followed by one of the older style random events which were reachable by all players and not just the ones with deep pockets.

Crazy Canuck
07-04-2012, 05:12 AM
This event is BS!!!!!!
they are only gona give half of the prizes
only top 250 and top 25
the idea behind this is make players spend way more than before, because there are less prizes
DO NOT USE GEMS unless you are prepare to spend $600 real cash and you might still not be on top 25
600 won't be enough. I spent alittle under that in hellfire event and finished 36th. Now with only paying top 25 and prize haveing alot higher stats I'm guessing cost will be closer to 800+

No way they get my money again, they just getting greedy now and this is getting ridiculous!

aljack
07-04-2012, 05:13 AM
Originally Posted by spectra
unless you are prepare to spend $600 real cash

Really? People are ready to spend so much money for a game on iPad or iPhone? For tenth that price you can afford a real game on a Mac or a PC.
Anyway I don't see the point of becoming the best, invincible player just because I would have spent tons of money. Where's the fun in being victorious at every fight?
Sometime I win, sometime I loose and then I kill more monsters, develop a strategy in upgrading a building or another one. I see kingdoms more developed than mine and then get motivated in growing to reach their level.
This is the fun in that kind of game. At least it's how I see it.

Hobtuse
07-04-2012, 05:50 AM
0 out of 4 so far. Medium option.
I didn't play the Hellfire event but this is normal right?

Funkey monkey
07-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Just because you are not a heavy gem player doesn’t mean you have to moan. If it wasn’t for the gem players, the free players wouldn’t have a game to play. The way I see it, I appreciate all you heavy gem players for paying Gree/Funzio your cash so I have a game to play and a chance to still attack your kingdom.

My guess is this event will have a diminishing return for Gree. Most of the players from the last event would have felt burned spending so much cash they originally weren’t anticipating (at least that is what people are saying on the forum). Now, Gree has reduced the pool of winners and no longer a sale on gems. If they keep doing these types of events, they will lose their money makers. The way I see it is Gree (a Japaneese company) bought Funzio (a USA company) because they have a good understanding of the market as they try to expand in the west, which they had a hard time doing in the past. Gree would be wise to listen to the Forum members and give more than just lip service. Funzio had a business model that was working. They developed high quality graphical games that were offered free which had an appeal to the mass western mobile game market. If Gree changes Funzio’s model too much, they will have the technology they purchased, but lose mass appeal and market share. It will be interesting to see how much they truly value their $210 million investment.

In the meantime and until the next event, thank you heavy gem players for paying for a game for the rest of us enjoy playing. I also plan on enjoying my USA July 4 holiday. Blessings to all.

Aoxoa
07-04-2012, 05:58 AM
Yes to what hobtuse said. I am also 0 for 4, but I am sticking to the free (left) option.

Everson25
07-04-2012, 05:59 AM
I got 3 but im having problems at this beginning finding the boxes. It's ok it's just beginning.

Everson25
07-04-2012, 06:13 AM
Hi Funkey Monkey! I will never say bad things about those who have money to spend on the game but even themselves are opening their eyes. I play MW as well and if I'm not wrong you too. If Gree were so confident with the form of this new event they would have put over there too where the number of customers are much bigger. Players on MW are unhappy and that's free and gold players. I'm not saying they won't introduce this format over ther but I'm sure they will make some changes before that. On KA is ridiculous at the moment.

Ps. Once again I want to say that's I have no issues with those that can afford gems. We, free players have the game because of you all but Gree could at least hear all players and improve things.

jeffelms
07-04-2012, 06:27 AM
Why did mine just start? I load this game every hour to collect from my buildings. I have loaded this game 4 times today and it just started for me. Now I already need five just to catch up with the top 500. That's the last straw for me. Is seems like this happens for every event that Funzio does. Same thing happened to me on the current CC event and the last event on here. I'm done with Funzio's events and I'm seriously considering quitting these games all together. These things are just starting to take the fun out of these games for me.

Krug
07-04-2012, 06:59 AM
Wow they're milking the cow pretty soon. Won't most people be away for 4th of July?

As I've said, don't spend cash and just try to get the 5/10/15 guys. Yes you're going to get beaten up by the real $$ spenders, but so be it.

Hobtuse
07-04-2012, 07:13 AM
Yeah this event is catered for the heavy gem spenders. It's a bit expensive for me to use 2.3k gold for the medium option so perhaps I might just go for the free option unless I really want the 10/15/20 units

whiterider
07-04-2012, 07:34 AM
Even with "fair chance" I got 8 sorries from 9 tries and 1 egg.

It will be fair to tweek the chances with a formula which preserves bad luck or too good luck. If the chance was 33%, it could be tweaked so if you fail three times in a row, the 4 to be a winner and vica verse.

This event is too soon after the last one and I will just pass it. Plus I dont like the special abilities of the units so much. Last time I was in the top 500 but what I really wanted was this double upgrade feature. It is pitty that heavy gem players took this unit and most of them upgrade buildings with gems, or do not upgrade them at all (except unit buildings). I have seen at least 15 players at my level with 90% lvl 1 buildings but with gold mines and wine makers and plenty of special units.

Lord Moore
07-04-2012, 07:50 AM
600 won't be enough. I spent alittle under that in hellfire event and finished 36th. Now with only paying top 25 and prize haveing alot higher stats I'm guessing cost will be closer to 800+

No way they get my money again, they just getting greedy now and this is getting ridiculous!

I spent about $150 when I first started the game so I could play unmolested until I got established. Having said that, I don't understand the point of spending hundreds of $$$ on this game. What is the point, there are no leader boards, no bragging rights, it doesn't have WOW community or depth of play, etc? What am I missing?

spectra
07-04-2012, 08:04 AM
Just because you are not a heavy gem player doesn’t mean you have to moan. If it wasn’t for the gem players, the free players wouldn’t have a game to play. The way I see it, I appreciate all you heavy gem players for paying Gree/Funzio your cash so I have a game to play and a chance to still attack your kingdom.

My guess is this event will have a diminishing return for Gree. Most of the players from the last event would have felt burned spending so much cash they originally weren’t anticipating (at least that is what people are saying on the forum). Now, Gree has reduced the pool of winners and no longer a sale on gems. If they keep doing these types of events, they will lose their money makers. The way I see it is Gree (a Japaneese company) bought Funzio (a USA company) because they have a good understanding of the market as they try to expand in the west, which they had a hard time doing in the past. Gree would be wise to listen to the Forum members and give more than just lip service. Funzio had a business model that was working. They developed high quality graphical games that were offered free which had an appeal to the mass western mobile game market. If Gree changes Funzio’s model too much, they will have the technology they purchased, but lose mass appeal and market share. It will be interesting to see how much they truly value their $210 million investment.

In the meantime and until the next event, thank you heavy gem players for paying for a game for the rest of us enjoy playing. I also plan on enjoying my USA July 4 holiday. Blessings to all.

I do not think the point is that moaning about gold player, I personally appreciate them because i get to play free, since they pay Funzio's "bills", I think that what most of us complaint about is that this events have been designed SPECIALLY for the GEM players and the rest of the players free and little spenders do not get a chance in hell to obtain those prizes.
they should also make available events just for free players, where the winners would be determine by skill, strategy, some luck and not just because that player has the biggest wallet. the original events give somewhat that, because to an extend everyone has the chance to get the 10th part with little or no gold
you will be surprise how much revenue an event in which the player can actually see that they can obtain the top prize by let's say spending about $20, the bonus could be not a game changer but something that ALL players desire
Just my 2 cents

Everson25
07-04-2012, 08:40 AM
Hi Spectra! How are you doing? Are you using gems this time? Did you notice any difference in the drop?

Gutmaw
07-04-2012, 10:01 AM
Please please go public Funzio...i want some IPO shares...best money making scam i've ever willingly been a part of!!!!

spectra
07-04-2012, 10:17 AM
Hi Spectra! How are you doing? Are you using gems this time? Did you notice any difference in the drop?

No gems this time (did one by error)
I have tried about 14 times with cash to get 4 eggs, but this morning I have been getting only "sorry"
4 in a row so far, it seem the "open" rate has been lowered from yesterday, perhaps not enough people is using gems, and thus they lowered to people will use them, lol
Leaderboard states I need 1 egg to be in the top 250, hahaha, wi'll see if the gold option decides to actually open a box and drop eggs

good luck!!!!!!!!!!

Hello Kitty
07-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Has anyone gotten any loot from box opens yet? Wanted to see if that improved since the last event. I just got 4000 gold, so to me it's a step in the right direction.

Last event I was opening boxes using 40 gems to reset/open, to get a whopping 25 honor points. Other prizes were also paltry: 1000 gold, 1250 gold, 1500 gold etc., hardly worth anything for the gems. Even if I chose the cash open, it wasn't enough to cover that investment (1250 gold to open to get a 1000 gold return).

I sent in a support ticket to offer a suggestion to tier the loot prizes depending on open method, so just checking to see what other loot prizes you all have been getting.

Fodder
07-04-2012, 10:35 AM
Please please go public Funzio...i want some IPO shares...best money making scam i've ever willingly been a part of!!!!

Funzio is owned by gree and gree is public.

Everson25
07-04-2012, 10:44 AM
Hi HK! No loot from my side yet. I was doing pve for two hours two find a box. I have enough now to keep
enough to keep me going before going for pvp. I just got my first unit.

http://i1078.photobucket.com/albums/w487/everson25/bfa0538a.jpg

spectra
07-04-2012, 11:00 AM
Has anyone gotten any loot from box opens yet? Wanted to see if that improved since the last event. I just got 4000 gold, so to me it's a step in the right direction.

Last event I was opening boxes using 40 gems to reset/open, to get a whopping 25 honor points. Other prizes were also paltry: 1000 gold, 1250 gold, 1500 gold etc., hardly worth anything for the gems. Even if I chose the cash open, it wasn't enough to cover that investment (1250 gold to open to get a 1000 gold return).

I sent in a support ticket to offer a suggestion to tier the loot prizes depending on open method, so just checking to see what other loot prizes you all have been getting.

Out of my 6 opens I got 5 eggs and 1 x $6k, I also mentioned that 25 HPs was pretty much an insult to players.
Boxes I have one too many, doing the map before the dwarven mine and they are dropping like flies, currently holding about 37 of them (10 from PVP)
CCM states in the last event that the drop rate of Vails was increase, I hope the did the same in this event, but I wish they would also increase the Open rate

Hello Kitty
07-04-2012, 11:28 AM
Hi HK! No loot from my side yet. I was doing pve for two hours two find a box. I have enough now to keep
enough to keep me going before going for pvp. I just got my first unit.

Congrats Ev! Nice going. I'm slow rolling this one. On the fence to dive in for top 250 or take a pass...

Out of my 6 opens I got 5 eggs and 1 x $6k, I also mentioned that 25 HPs was pretty much an insult to players.
Boxes I have one too many, doing the map before the dwarven mine and they are dropping like flies, currently holding about 37 of them (10 from PVP)
CCM states in the last event that the drop rate of Vails was increase, I hope the did the same in this event, but I wish they would also increase the Open rateThanks spectra. 6k is definitely better. Wow on your boxes!

Hobtuse
07-04-2012, 11:48 AM
I missed the last event entirely so I am not sure what other loot to expect..
What other loot have you guys gotten besides the dragon eggs?

MaverickMunkey
07-04-2012, 12:08 PM

The last event only had gold and Honor points as loot and so far that is all I have got as well on this event. They seem to have dropped the army units and extra allies.

spectra
07-04-2012, 12:56 PM

in the past event we got the following
25 HP
100 HP
150 HP
300 HP
500 HP
$2k
$4k
$6k
$10k
TONS and TONS of "SORRY" :p
NO UNITS

That was all

Cheers

YLL
07-04-2012, 12:58 PM
No eggs since just after lunchtime (UK time). Deja vu!

-->FISH<--
07-04-2012, 01:07 PM
Just hit 5 but, I have had a 150 valor and 4k gold and the rest sorrys. I like the fact the really bad junk is off the table but, hoping tomorrow for a better drop rate.

MaverickMunkey
07-04-2012, 01:13 PM
Just hit 5 but, I have had a 150 valor and 4k gold and the rest sorrys. I like the fact the really bad junk is off the table but, hoping tomorrow for a better drop rate.

But at least the poor loot was better than a 'sorry' - well maybe not the extra ally!!!

spectra
07-04-2012, 01:34 PM
WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I only need 2 more eggs to make it to top 250, hahahaha
and currently on my on my 8th "SORRY" in a row

at this rate I will not even be in the top 500 if there were, lol

they probably raise the drop rate of eggs, so that GEMS spenders keep the bidding war open, but lowered the open rate with the "FAIR" option like they called, so that gem players will have enough eggs to obtain via GEMS

I think that at the start of the event, GREE should add something like
"If you are not a GEM spender do not even try, this event is just for them"

Vidia
07-04-2012, 02:11 PM
Opened 14 times with rusty knife, only got two. I figure it is not good investment to get two units for 50k gold.

The_Red
07-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Opened 14 times with rusty knife, only got two. I figure it is not good investment to get two units for 50k gold.

Two indestructible units for 50k gold? Seems like a good use of gold to me.

Aoxoa
07-04-2012, 02:42 PM
It would be hilarious if the leader board showed money spent rather than number of eggs. That would really open some eyes.

DIrishB
07-04-2012, 02:58 PM
I spent about $80 on the last event and got the top 500 prize, and while I'm happy with my units (they're a big help in PvP), I won't be spending any money on gems for this event. I just can't afford to spend that much money on an iOS game on a regular basis.

However, with this event, I'm only at 3 eggs, and have been using the Gold/Fair Chance open option. I'm at about a 30-40% open rate using this option, which so far is better than last week's event, and I haven't gotten any lame honor or gold rewards (has anyone gotten any of these "consolation" prizes instead of eggs?). I'm actually happy about that, as it seems the Egg prize has a slightly higher chance than the previous event since its not saddled by the gold and honor prizes.

I'll aim for the 5, 10, and maybe 15 and 20 prizes, and may spend a bit at the end to reach the next unit, but definitely won't be spending gems on this event.

spectra
07-04-2012, 03:36 PM
It would be hilarious if the leader board showed money spent rather than number of eggs. That would really open some eyes.

But it is very easy to get an idea
for example the current leader has 81 eggs, is we do this the simple way and for argument say he has been 100% lucky and every reset/open combo gives him an egg that would mean 81 x 40 = 3,240 GEMS or $220 real cash
now we know he is not getting an egg every time, let again in a simple way say he gets 70% of the time an egg
then 81 eggs x 30% (times he does not egt an egg) = 24 times he does not get an egg, 24 x 40 = 960 GEMS

then he has spend about 3,240 + 960 = 4,200 gems or $280 real cash to get those 81 egg

This are just estimates, it could be more or less, but somewhere in that number

Hello Kitty
07-04-2012, 03:43 PM
Took a chance and did some gem reset/opens...

Seems like engineering listened to support. I and a few others submitted tickets to support (mainly CJ) to recommend upping the ante on the loot prize.

2x 50 honor <--- not so much
1x 150 honor <--- eh
1x 300 honor <--- better
3x 4000 gold <--- better
2x 6000 gold <--- better
1x 15000 gold <--- better

I'm at 8 eggs, but the leader board is still saying that the entry into top 250 is 7.

Krug
07-04-2012, 03:45 PM
7 tries using gold, and only 1 egg so far. Lots of sorries.

Sir Mixalot
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
3 eggs out of 13 boxes so far, all middle option. 81 eggs makes me laugh. 7th day playing the game and I already feel honored to be a part of 2 silly money grabs.I've always been a money player to some extent in past games, but to have the greed shoved in your face like this is just laughable. Not getting my $. I have nothing against the people dropping a grand on these events, it's their time and money to invest however they like. But I do wonder why GREE dropped the D from their name...

marebear
07-04-2012, 04:19 PM
[QUOTE=Hello Kitty;313375]Took a chance and did some gem reset/opens...Seems like engineering listened to support. I and a few others submitted tickets to support (mainly CJ) to recommend upping the ante on the loot prize.I2x 50 honor

Hello Kitty
07-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Took a chance and did some gem reset/opens...Seems like engineering listened to support. I and a few others submitted tickets to support (mainly CJ) to recommend upping the ante on the loot prize.I2x 50 honorI'm so glad you did too! It was frustrating to get those paltry prizes. I'm sure more for you since you were gunning for it. Are you trying for it again this go around?

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-04-2012, 04:51 PM
IMHO, the only reason this type of event versus the other, the main reason most are upset, is not because others are willing to spend money on this game in large quantities; but for me it boils down to taking that much more fun and strategy out of the game into more buy-to-become-the-better player.

I don't spend money on games like these; however even that waivered when they had a gem sale and some cool looking units in the chests. It therefore gave me something cool to have in my inventory, and a slight more one-up against others.

Bring the other event back - keep the "Fun" in "Funzio"!! (<---- we should trademark that!)

The_Red
07-04-2012, 05:01 PM

Id pay to see that....

marebear
07-04-2012, 05:07 PM
@hello kitty.. Sorry I was quoting you and the rest of my message disappeared. It said I heard the refresh button works better if you hold it for 3 seconds OR get out of app, shut down app in background, then reopen. Leader board should refresh that way. Sorry for the confusion. Always hard to type on a tiny phone.

Jnesbitt82
07-04-2012, 05:08 PM
Out of 18 attempts, I received 1 dragon egg and 17 sorrys.

Hapl0
07-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Maybe we need a new skill: LUCK.

Hello Kitty
07-04-2012, 05:21 PM
@hello kitty.. Sorry I was quoting you and the rest of my message disappeared. It said I heard the refresh button works better if you hold it for 3 seconds OR get out of app, shut down app in background, then reopen. Leader board should refresh that way. Sorry for the confusion. Always hard to type on a tiny phone.Thanks marebear. Just tried it though and it didn't work. No worries - I'll be the secret dark horse winner :) Ha. Are you going for top 250?

Joie
07-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Yea the success rate seems lower for me on this one also

The_Red
07-04-2012, 05:48 PM
Currently @ 6 - hoping to get to 10 an possibly 15 this time. Surprised the top 250 entry point is 7 right now. Guess the gem buying hasn't started.

Edit: Just hit 8.

marebear
07-04-2012, 05:58 PM
Thanks marebear. Just tried it though and it didn't work. No worries - I'll be the secret dark horse winner :) Ha. Are you going for top 250?Um, well I'm not going crazy. I think I'll do til 20 then just see what happens. I'm frusterated with the blatant greed, and also with other stuff, like the lame reusing of units with new names and colors. If I win an event unit I want it to be noticeable. Not look like another unit but with better stats.

Hello Kitty
07-04-2012, 06:05 PM
Um, well I'm not going crazy. I think I'll do til 20 then just see what happens. I'm frusterated with the blatant greed, and also with other stuff, like the lame reusing of units with new names and colors. If I win an event unit I want it to be noticeable. Not look like another unit but with better stats.That's what I'm thinking too - 20, then sit tight. Know what you mean about the units - how many times are they going to re-use the elementals?

bigflan
07-04-2012, 06:07 PM
Laughing away is the flan I think you guys should know this since they rereleased previous crates

Grand prize should be a flan monster which I a huge pudding monster with 2000 attack sildjdksksk

Joie
07-04-2012, 06:21 PM
I've had around 18 -20 openings with 3 eggs one honor point rest fails

The_Red
07-04-2012, 06:25 PM
Grand prize should be a flan monster which I a huge pudding monster with 2000 attack sildjdksksk

Making me hungry for some tres leches cake. :/

marebear
07-04-2012, 06:32 PM
Laughing away is the flan I think you guys should know this since they rereleased previous crates Grand prize should be a flan monster which I a huge pudding monster with 2000 attack sildjdkskskHow about your avi as the flan monster. I'd keep him as a pet.

Chups
07-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Yesterday at the start of the event, it gave me 4 eggs and probably just 3 sorrys using free and middle option combo. Now it gave me consecutive sorry's (6 or 7) and only 1 egg. 5 eggs total for me as of now.

Vidia
07-04-2012, 10:36 PM
I think reasonable expectation of free players for this type of 20 gem/vial/egg events is 10. 15 then call you lucky. I have 4 now out of 20plus tries.

Arwin Stark
07-04-2012, 11:43 PM
Im on 6 eggs after 20 attempts. 1000 + 4000 gold and the rest were sorries.
All middle option 1800 - 1900 gold per attempt.

Got to 18 vials on the last event will see how this one fares.

Free Player

Everson25
07-04-2012, 11:53 PM
I'm also on 6. I got 16 last event so I hope to get the third unit again.

Bea
07-05-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm on 6. It's not very exciting..

YLL
07-05-2012, 12:52 AM
Took a chance and did some gem reset/opens...

Seems like engineering listened to support. I and a few others submitted tickets to support (mainly CJ) to recommend upping the ante on the loot prize.

2x 50 honor <--- not so much
1x 150 honor <--- eh
1x 300 honor <--- better
3x 4000 gold <--- better
2x 6000 gold <--- better
1x 15000 gold <--- better

I'm at 8 eggs, but the leader board is still saying that the entry into top 250 is 7.

Bah, I just keep getting derisory sums of gold (up to 2000)... and latterly, small amounts of honour.

Jnesbitt82
07-05-2012, 05:19 AM
Agreed. I still have only 1 egg and over 20 sorries. I liked the previous events better. Still wish I had won hydra. Lol

I just received my 2nd egg!

And now my 3rd! Guess I should complain on here more often.

Chups
07-05-2012, 07:16 AM

Yeah, I agree, I didn't even wake up at night for this event like I use to with the past events. Still with 5 eggs but after reading some of the posts here....I probably would have not gotten any egg even if I woke up from my sleep.

Masterjojobinks
07-05-2012, 11:15 AM
This is my second event. I played the last one and ended up with 13 viles. I have 4 eggs right now and have gotten a 25H and 2000G (waste of a whelp box, imo). Not sure how many sorrys I have gotten.

Just got to 5, that was two opens and eggs in a row. :)

asdfg12345
07-05-2012, 11:33 AM
Yeah, I agree, I didn't even wake up at night for this event like I use to with the past events. Still with 5 eggs but after reading some of the posts here....I probably would have not gotten any egg even if I woke up from my sleep.
ya i dont even feel like participating in this event.

Everson25
07-05-2012, 01:07 PM
Well, it took a while but finally I got number 7. It's true! Not much excited about the event. I'm not losing my sleep, just doing what I can when I'm awake.

Dr. Dengus
07-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Does this Wildstallion person realize 50th place gets the same prize as 1st?

Everson25
07-05-2012, 01:53 PM
Does this Wildstallion person realize 50th place gets the same prize as 1st?Kkkk, I know what you mean but the player must have plenty money.

Joie
07-05-2012, 02:06 PM
I've been on 7 for a while now, goal is 10. Ended at14 last time. I open when I can but I don't set a timer or get up at night over it. Whatever happens happens

Sir Mixalot
07-05-2012, 02:11 PM
4 eggs from 21 middle option tries. That is about the same result as I had with the last event where I used all free option because I didn't have the gold to use on the middle option.

Hello Kitty
07-05-2012, 02:29 PM
Does this Wildstallion person realize 50th place gets the same prize as 1st?Steep price for bragging rights, eh? I'd love that kind of disposable income :)

Everson25
07-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Steep price for bragging rights, eh? I'd love that kind of disposable income :)I would like to have that kind of disposable income too. How are you doing HK?

Dr. Dengus
07-05-2012, 03:20 PM
Kkkk, I know what you mean but the player must have plenty money.

Steep price for bragging rights, eh? I'd love that kind of disposable income :)

Haha I know right. Tons of money and no impulse control :p....more power to him I suppose.

I've been on 7 for a while now, goal is 10. Ended at14 last time. I open when I can but I don't set a timer or get up at night over it. Whatever happens happens

Same here, ended up at 14 using middle option last time, hoping for the best this event.

Hello Kitty
07-05-2012, 03:43 PM
I would like to have that kind of disposable income too. How are you doing HK?Hi Ev! Doing well. How are you doing?

Lots of events to keep track of: KA 16 eggs, MW 8 grenades, CC 15 chips.

Tiki
07-05-2012, 04:42 PM
Wow, 16 eggs. I have 7 and have not received anything in 18 hours except "sorry". Maybe it is a string of bad luck but has the ability to open the box been reduced?

Vidia
07-05-2012, 06:17 PM
Does this Wildstallion person realize 50th place gets the same prize as 1st?

I started to suspect some of those top guys are actually working for Funzio to manipulate the sense of competition. Why would one need 28 more eggs than the second one, and 62 more than the 25th? No sense at all.

Hapl0
07-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Wow Vidia, sometimes i suspect the same.

tcapi
07-05-2012, 06:32 PM
Conspiracy Theory: the whales with tons of gem indestructible armies too?

MSH
07-05-2012, 06:51 PM
I started to suspect some of those top guys are actually working for Funzio to manipulate the sense of competition. Why would one need 28 more eggs than the second one, and 62 more than the 50th? No sense at all.

If you are right and it does seem to be the case, then such persons are shills “Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed).”

Of course, shills are illegal in some jurisdictions and are considered to be unethical by many – for example, eBay explicitly forbid shilling. However, plenty of marketing campaigns, as well as some auctions, particularly online ones, tend to utilize this practice(s) quite often under various guises. As both, vials and eggs events are very similar to online auctions, presence of shills is highly likely indeed…

Kiss Of Death
07-05-2012, 07:14 PM
If you are right and it does seem to be the case, then such persons are shills “Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that he is an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom he is secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology, to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed).”

Of course, shills are illegal in some jurisdictions and are considered to be unethical by many – for example, eBay explicitly forbid shilling. However, plenty of marketing campaigns, as well as some auctions, particularly online ones, tend to utilize this practice(s) quite often under various guises. As both, vials and eggs events are very similar to online auctions, presence of shills is highly likely indeed…

I've often wondered about this, in Australia a company would not be able to run these competitions without the government authority for lotteries being involved. Any event where a random chance to win and real money is used has to be registered and monitored for fairness and prevention of unethical behaviors and prevent tampering of odds during the event. All rates of return must legally be advised i.e. it would clearly state the parameters of the % to get each winning item... so for example if the rate of getting an item is 50% for the first three they have to state that, then 30% for the next 3 and so on down to the 0.5% that might be the final one. This is law in Australia regardless of cash or item prizes. I suspect that it fringes on the edge in the US but I haven't looked into it. It would be nice if they did advise even on the forum board the actual rate of chance for each item. I would make an educated decision on how much to spend and not feel cheated if I know I only have a 5% chance for the 10th item piece (old style event) I might elect to use gold/gems for the first three or maybe four rewards but only use in game cash for the last, or the first 3 etc. I don't think Funzio would have any issue form players with disclosure, in fact it Might entice more players to use gold/gems for the first few rewards because they can see odds are fair. Then the ones who really want it can factor in their chances and go for it on the higher rewards.

Disclosure is an issue with these games and while no monitoring is done to confirm what is said I would at least be happier to be given at least the basic chances. I do spend gold/gems and don't mind (I don't drink smoke or get out so this is my entertainment instead. I have felt gypped before by not knowing what I was doing. I've become a smaller spender ONLY because nothing is upfront with the company on odds. I would happily spend more again just knowing what chances I have.

I also wonder about the fact that people under the legal age to enter into a contract or gamble play this game and it now involves spending money on undisclosed chances in a gamble or auction for an item. It really is still new ground legally for virtual non cash rewards in many countries. I don't want Funzio to go down at some point because someone with money or a law degree gets pissed and takes this on and it blows out of control (i.e. unable to settle on the side) I love these games so much and am truly addicted to them, my forum buddies and all. To lose it all would be terrible.

Anyway, more disclosure might encourage lower level spenders to at least try for the lower rewards with money and that can't be bad for Gree/Funzio. It would also (I believe) remove much of the negative feelings that the forum generates about these events that is so off putting.

Hapl0
07-05-2012, 08:11 PM
You always learn something new everyday.

asdfg12345
07-05-2012, 08:50 PM
I doubt they have shills because they dont need to. From the long history of online games, there been large amount of people who are willing to blow crazy amount of money for virtual items. I dont see anything strange with one guy out of tens of thousands of players who is willing to blow a few grand for a super dragon.

Timbathia
07-05-2012, 08:53 PM
I am convinced that most of the top 25 people are buying gems with credit card numbers they bought off the internet. In fact, probably many of you free players are actually buying gems for them, but your just not chekcing your cc statements closely enough to realise it.

Bea
07-05-2012, 10:56 PM
I've often wondered about this, in Australia a company would not be able to run these competitions without the government authority for lotteries being involved.
I also wonder about the fact that people under the legal age to enter into a contract or gamble play this game and it now involves spending money on undisclosed chances in a gamble or auction for an item. It really is still new ground legally for virtual non cash rewards in many countries.

I totally agree KoD, people (including children) have been playing the game for months (CC) and suddenly, with no warning, the format is changed and gambling is introduced. Seems like a bit of a scam to me.

whiterider
07-05-2012, 11:21 PM
Strange
For the fourth time I am given two chances to open box immediatly one after another and than the hour counter starts. It is either two sorries (double gold) or a sorry and honor.

Sent ticket but I wonder if someone else has this. It happens when I am waiting in the last seconds for the counter to finish and using medium option.

The1nONLY
07-05-2012, 11:44 PM
The old style event was fun, the new ones is just about making money. So I have stop purchasing for these events

The1nONLY
07-05-2012, 11:47 PM
Strange
For the fourth time I am given two chances to open box immediatly one after another and than the hour counter starts. It is either two sorries (double gold) or a sorry and honor.

Sent ticket but I wonder if someone else has this. It happens when I am waiting in the last seconds for the counter to finish and using medium option. you are not the only one this has happen to, at last sec if you open a box sometimes it gives you 2 chances to open a box, sometimes I get a sorry then alouds me to open another and get cash or eggs etc.

MSH
07-06-2012, 12:01 AM
It would be nice if they did advise even on the forum board the actual rate of chance for each item. I would make an educated decision on how much to spend and not feel cheated if I know I only have a 5% chance for the 10th item piece (old style event) I might elect to use gold/gems for the first three or maybe four rewards but only use in game cash for the last, or the first 3 etc. I don't think Funzio would have any issue form players with disclosure, in fact it Might entice more players to use gold/gems for the first few rewards because they can see odds are fair. Then the ones who really want it can factor in their chances and go for it on the higher rewards.

Disclosure is an issue with these games and while no monitoring is done to confirm what is said I would at least be happier to be given at least the basic chances.

Anyway, more disclosure might encourage lower level spenders to at least try for the lower rewards with money and that can't be bad for Gree/Funzio. It would also (I believe) remove much of the negative feelings that the forum generates about these events that is so off putting.

Fully agreed, KoD! A reasonably transparent disclosure would allow players make intelligent decisions without feeling cheated by Funzio, thus helping company to maintain/increase customers satisfaction, AND possibly maximize company's pay off, as big gem spenders would still compete for top 25/50/whatever, while many other players would consider using some more gems, than now to maximize their odds in getting the prizes they realistically could attain within their respective budgets.

I think that the following info would have been useful for players, yet not detrimental for Funzio to disclose:

What are the chances to open boxes using:
- Rusty knife (free)
- Ancient spell (gold)

What are the chances to get eggs/vials/rubies, etc. for each open box?

Do these changes depend on opening option (gems, gold, free) – if “yes”, then how?

Do these changes depend on how many eggs were collected already (e.g. odds getting lower after each egg collected, or/and after each X eggs collected) – if “yes”, then how?

Do these changes depend on the number of attempts (e.g. odds getting lower after X attempts) – if “yes”, then how?

Do these changes depend on the duration of the event (e.g. odds getting lower after X hours event takes place) – if “yes”, then how?

Other (could have forgotten something - it is getting late here :))?

It is to late for the current event, but for the next event (s) such, or similar disclosure would most definitely be welcome IMHO.

Arwin Stark
07-06-2012, 12:28 AM
7 eggs first 24 hrs and 0 eggs next 24 hrs, here is hoping i can at least make it to 10 less then 3 days to go ..............

Free Player

tcapi
07-06-2012, 02:19 AM
Seems to be not much difference between Rusty Knife and Ancient Spell for me so far, jolly well save that 2.2k gold per pop!

Does anyone observe differently?

Hobtuse
07-06-2012, 02:21 AM
I just did a dumb misclick to reset the timer. 20 gems gone there. Using it to replenish my energy might be more useful.

Besides that mishap, all medium options so far. 14 eggs.

Silimike
07-06-2012, 04:52 AM
There are people in my top 25 and top 250 list who have more eggs then possible. If you can only open one box per hour, how could you have 93 dragon eggs? Contest started 3 days ago, that's 72 hours. If one box was opened every hour on the dot, they still could not have 93. I would start a new thread on this but I dont have 10 posts yet.

Pheenix
07-06-2012, 04:55 AM
Can you please tell me where to find the leadrboard with the rankings of the winners?

Vidia
07-06-2012, 04:58 AM
There are people in my top 25 and top 250 list who have more eggs then possible. If you can only open one box per hour, how could you have 93 dragon eggs? Contest started 3 days ago, that's 72 hours. If one box was opened every hour on the dot, they still could not have 93. I would start a new thread on this but I dont have 10 posts yet.

Timer reset, each for 20 gems, plus opening for another 20 gems. Money can buy your way, that is sad but how the game is designed.

Bacardio
07-06-2012, 05:23 AM
So I was able to get 5 dragon eggs, after only 8 attempts with the medium effort. Got 2 sorries and 1 2K gold. That was in the first 8 hours of the event. Since then I have had 18 sorries, 3 2K golds and ZERO eggs.

Is this a "pay-per-view" event now, or has my lucky just been extremely bad? Was actually liking the game, until this point.

jeffelms
07-06-2012, 05:31 AM
I've often wondered about this, in Australia a company would not be able to run these competitions without the government authority for lotteries being involved. Any event where a random chance to win and real money is used has to be registered and monitored for fairness and prevention of unethical behaviors and prevent tampering of odds during the event. All rates of return must legally be advised i.e. it would clearly state the parameters of the % to get each winning item... so for example if the rate of getting an item is 50% for the first three they have to state that, then 30% for the next 3 and so on down to the 0.5% that might be the final one. This is law in Australia regardless of cash or item prizes. I suspect that it fringes on the edge in the US but I haven't looked into it.
Here in most if not all of the states this kind of gambling is legal, and not subject to any oversite that i'm aware of, because there are no cash prizes awarded. Here in th US you will see lots of video poker machines in bars and gas station even in states where gambling is illegal. They do have law enforcement agencies periodically check undercover to make sure these places aren't paying out real cash under the table.

Sir Mixalot
07-06-2012, 06:14 AM
It will be funny if the scoreboard goes offline for the last 30mins of the event, again.

Everson25
07-06-2012, 11:15 AM
7 eggs first 24 hrs and 0 eggs next 24 hrs, here is hoping i can at least make it to 10 less then 3 days to go ..............

Free PlayerI was ready to reply you and say that I'm having same trouble on number 7. I was stuck for so long that I started thinking that if I get 10 will be lucky already but I got 2 in a row, taking me to 9. I still have hope to get 15 but once again 20 for a free player is something too hard.

The_Red
07-06-2012, 11:30 AM
Is this a "pay-per-view" event now, or has my lucky just been extremely bad? Was actually liking the game, until this point.

The odds change the more eggs you have.

Sitting at 10 hoping to get to 15... we'll see.

Dr. Dengus
07-06-2012, 11:51 AM
I got up to 7 relatively quick, but have seen nothing but sorries since last night. I just want the cool looking Dragon's Breath guy, anything else will be icing on the cake.

Sludgeboy
07-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Dragon Breath is cool but I would like to see him in action. Currently 13 eggs, started with 4 days 19 hours left in the event. All middle options. Hoping to get to 15, even if I go into OT.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-06-2012, 06:50 PM
I'm also at 13 eggs. I'd as well like to get to 15 at the very least. I had a little spurt of opening eggs, but I guess that wasn't something to keep up. However, I still plan to get to 20. Even if little sleep, I plan to earn that Dragon Caster! 131/69 would be good to add to my stats.

Joie
07-06-2012, 07:17 PM
Been stuck on 7for overd a day now, oh well, doesn't change soon I'll just go the the free open option and stop wasting my gold

DIrishB
07-06-2012, 07:57 PM
Like many others I've been stuck at 7 eggs all day. Got 4 the first day, 3 the next, and nothing but "sorry, better luck next time" or lame honor or gold prizes. I hate the consolation honor and gold prizes and wish they'd drop those in favor of low level gem units. I honestly think this approach works better for the players and Funzio, as right now the best you can hope for are eggs, gold, or honor. The eggs are great merely because of the event prizes, but if consolation prizes like low level gem units (even at fairly low odds) were a possible prize, I think it'd only help coax more people into spending money on gems, so it's a win/win.

These friggin' gold and honor prizes are for the birds.

I've also stopped spending money on gems for these events specifically because it's ridiculous to spend 20 gems on the guaranteed open option and then get 25 honor. Seriously, Funzio, you need to work on the event prizes because it's apparent you're starting to alienate some of your (gem buying) customers. If you're spending money on the game related to these events, the prize should never be gold or honor unless it's a ridiculously high amount. The honor and low gold prizes are just a spit in the face of gem players (and gold players too, but more so to those who spend their hard earned dollars on this game).

These event consolation prizes need some serious reworking.

Krug
07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
It will be funny if the scoreboard goes offline for the last 30mins of the event, again.

I thought it was deliberate, so that FUNZIO can tell folks on the verge that they just didn't have enough, as well as make players use up more real $$ to buy gems.

Plugger
07-06-2012, 09:20 PM
I got 10 on the first 24 hour (free player-over 22 attempts a day). I managed to stay at the top 250 on that first day and guess what? I'm still at 10 today lol. I guess Funzio decide to keep out all the free players from the leaderboard. In fact, I made about 23 attempts yesterday and only managed to open 3 boxes containing gold and honor.

Great_wall2
07-07-2012, 12:01 AM
Sounds like a lot of people are getting mostly sorry, happened to me all day too!!!:confused: Stuck on 10....

Kiss Of Death
07-07-2012, 12:40 AM
Timer reset, each for 20 gems, plus opening for another 20 gems. Money can buy your way, that is sad but how the game is designed.

Not true... I first started and spent money on CC. I used 1500 gold after already getting 9 items in 24 hours for free and opened with gold every hour for 4 more days 12-14 a day then in overtime reset the clock a dozen times... never got the last one... got a compensation form Funzio with a partial gold credit for my inconvenience. Money does not buy the item!

Everson25
07-07-2012, 12:48 AM
I'm part of the club stuck on 10. Is it possible for a free player to get 20? I don't think so. I know there are two days that can change a lot. Let's see what happens.

MSH
07-07-2012, 12:59 AM
Not true... I first started and spent money on CC. I used 1500 gold after already getting 9 items in 24 hours for free and opened with gold every hour for 4 more days 12-14 a day then in overtime reset the clock a dozen times... never got the last one... got a compensation form Funzio with a partial gold credit for my inconvenience. Money does not buy the item!

Money does not buy the item - THE RIGHT AMOUNT of money does ;)

Arwin Stark
07-07-2012, 01:02 AM
I was ready to reply you and say that I'm having same trouble on number 7. I was stuck for so long that I started thinking that if I get 10 will be lucky already but I got 2 in a row, taking me to 9. I still have hope to get 15 but once again 20 for a free player is something too hard.

Hahahah yea seems we in the same boat, all today nothing then 2 more eggs to get to 9.

Im still hoping for at least 10. last event i was doing every hour on the hour and only got to 18 vials. Havent been that dedicated this event but lady luck has forsaken me.
64 boxes, 9 eggs 1d 23hrs to go ................

well rested free player

Sludgeboy
07-07-2012, 07:37 AM
Each event has been different for me. I'm not going to complain for I received very nice unit. I just wish Funzio wouldn't put a level restriction on the event.

First - I got the Hydra only because they extended it by a day.
Second - I got 9 rings in first 23 hours. Zero for 5 days. Couldn't pull out the tenth. Talk about losing streak.
Third - I got to 11 Vials out of 20.
Fourth (current) - just got 17 (4 since last post) hoping it continues.

Chups
07-07-2012, 08:48 AM
Nothing since yesterday....not even gold/Honor points. I think I should stop complaining in here, I'm paranoid that they are making it hard for me.......lol.

Don't worry Funzio....you guys are great no matter what. This game has been occupying my time since 3 months ago. :o

-->FISH<--
07-07-2012, 08:53 AM
I to am stuck on ten. When I got ten I was 1 behind the line for 250, now at last check I was 8 behind. Yes, I've been stuck here for awhile.

enahs1
07-07-2012, 09:26 AM
I can't get number 8... All I want it number 10...

Winstrol
07-07-2012, 10:46 AM
3 in row from 14 to 17 with gold option only xD!

DIrishB
07-07-2012, 11:10 AM
Sigh... Been stuck at 7 for over 24 hours with at least 15 gold open attempts 2 or 3 honor or gold prizes, NO eggs. I'm growing insanely frustrated with these events.

whiterider
07-07-2012, 11:16 AM
Same here, one egg in 24 hours, at least 16 openings, mostly gold even not sorries so I am to hunt boxes and I dont want to gain exp. Stuck at 11 eggs.

I am not amused at all and a game should be fun to be played. This becomes tedious and boring. I am using gems for upgrades and units, wont use them for this event.

DIrishB
07-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I just get pissed at the fact the gold option is labeled as a fair chance to open when it might open on average 1 out of every 5 or 6 attempts (and then be gold or honor to add insult to injury). A 15-20% chance is not the same as a fair chance (50%), and with the apparently intentional diminishing rate of returns the more eggs you get, it's label as a fair chance is intentionally misleading.

Now, I'd be perfectly happy spending money on gem opens of not for the stupid honor and gold prizes, which have caused me to stop spending gems in the events. It's gotten quite ridiculous, honestly.

Least the rest of the game is still enjoyable.

VaiProdigy
07-07-2012, 12:03 PM
I have opened 6 consecutive whelp boxes with nothing. This event blows

DIrishB
07-07-2012, 12:23 PM

You aren't alone. And I have to agree, this event does indeed blow camel vomit.

Everson25
07-07-2012, 12:27 PM
Number 7 was the worst for me too. I got two in a row bringing my total to 12. I feel I might have a chance of getting 15. That would be great as a free player.

MaverickMunkey
07-07-2012, 12:28 PM
Is it just me or do the drop rates on maps actually decrease when an event is on and increase again when the event is over?

(I'm not talking about the quality of the loot drops, as we already know that these have decreased, but the quantity)

MSH
07-07-2012, 01:42 PM
Is it just me or do the drop rates on maps actually decrease when an event is on and increase again when the event is over?

(I'm not talking about the quality of the loot drops, as we already know that these have decreased, but the quantity)

Agreed. At least with me it happens all the time - "events" start - quantity of PvE drops decreases by about 40% -50%. Apparently, they think that their precious boxes make up for that (and I usually end up with a couple of hundreds of unused ones after each event, instead of armor, or/and weapons)...Unpleasant, although for me the quality decline is more unpleasant and STRATEGICALLY DAMAGING FOR THE GAME ITSELF. Before the quality decline there was at least some certainly in the game - you advance - you get new monsters/maps, meaning increasingly better quality loot that improves your competitiveness as a player (and is just fun to have :)) Now - just the same low quality stuff even on advanced maps...I dont erase this game mainly out of pure inertia...

MaverickMunkey
07-07-2012, 04:02 PM
Yey - up to 12 eggs!! All I want is three more!:rolleyes:

Sir Mixalot
07-07-2012, 04:57 PM
I am up to 64 attempts, middle option resulting in 13 eggs. Roughly a 1 in 5 chance for middle option. Last event I went all free option and that ended up being about 1 in 7. But by reading these posts, for most here the results are worse, which isn't encouraging.How long does overtime last? As long as you don't close the game I assume. O.o

MaverickMunkey
07-07-2012, 04:59 PM
How long does overtime last? As long as you don't close the game I assume. O.o

Correct - however the game has a really annoying habit of 'crashing' during overtime. It once happened to me 10 secs before opening a box in a previous event!

Tiki
07-07-2012, 06:15 PM

At least you got the whelp box to open, try 15 sorry in a row.

MaverickMunkey
07-07-2012, 06:31 PM
At least you got the whelp box to open, try 15 sorry in a row.

Damn that is some bloody awful luck:(

echus14
07-07-2012, 09:36 PM
Have been trying for 2 days straight (pretty much 21/22 out of 24 hours) to get the 14th and 15th eggs. Still trying to get the 15th egg. Terrible drop rate. Four 25HP in a row ... sigh. After the 15th, think I will give up on this event ... not enough time to get 5 more eggs and no more stamina :o

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-07-2012, 09:45 PM
Have been trying for 2 days straight (pretty much 21/22 out of 24 hours) to get the 14th and 15th eggs. Still trying to get the 15th egg. Terrible drop rate. Four 25HP in a row ... sigh. After the 15th, think I will give up on this event ... not enough time to get 5 more eggs and no more stamina :o

I know what you mean. The egg-drop rate is definitely different in this event than last. Last event, I placed #374 with 22 vials, which also got me the secondary big item. This event, I am at 15 eggs, and with the top 250 people having only 20 eggs or more, the rate definitely changed. I know this 250 will probably end around 25, I'm not encouraged after more than 35% failed-to-open box attempts

MaverickMunkey
07-07-2012, 10:18 PM
I have 13 eggs and am now getting frustrated.

So far, I have made 67 attempts to open boxes with the middle option and have managed to open 32 of them - a 48% open rate.

In the current MW event, I have made 64 attempts and have only opened 23 - 36% open rate but, and this I think is the big but - I have 8 out of the 10 grenades required to get the main prize.

My question is that if this KA game requires you to get to 20 to get the four indestructible units and MW only requires you to get to 10, why is the drop rate for eggs in KA so low. By all accounts - if the drop rate was similar, I should be on 16?!

echus14
07-07-2012, 10:27 PM
I know what you mean. The egg-drop rate is definitely different in this event than last. Last event, I placed #374 with 22 vials, which also got me the secondary big item. This event, I am at 15 eggs, and with the top 250 people having only 20 eggs or more, the rate definitely changed. I know this 250 will probably end around 25, I'm not encouraged after more than 35% failed-to-open box attempts

Yeah! Got the 15th ... Now can Zzzzz.

echus14
07-07-2012, 10:29 PM
I have 13 eggs and am now getting frustrated.

So far, I have made 67 attempts to open boxes with the middle option and have managed to open 32 of them - a 48% open rate.

In the current MW event, I have made 64 attempts and have only opened 23 - 36% open rate but, and this I think is the big but - I have 8 out of the 10 grenades required to get the main prize.

My question is that if this KA game requires you to get to 20 to get the four indestructible units and MW only requires you to get to 10, why is the drop rate for eggs in KA so low. By all accounts - if the drop rate was similar, I should be on 16?!

Like a casino ... House always wins.

Arwin Stark
07-07-2012, 11:37 PM
Yeah! Got the 15th ... Now can Zzzzz.

Congrats I'm on 13 eggs and with a day left im hoping for the last 2 as well ......

MaverickMunkey
07-07-2012, 11:47 PM
Like a casino ... House always wins.

Not if you go in and rob the cage!

Everson25
07-08-2012, 12:28 AM
Congrats I'm on 13 eggs and with a day left im hoping for the last 2 as well ......Im also on 13 and as you said, it's a whole to get 2 more. Any free player close to 20?

vitus79
07-08-2012, 12:58 AM
Im also on 13 and as you said, it's a whole to get 2 more. Any free player close to 20?

16 only, all cash opens but no more boxes and not sure if i should keep trying for 20

EthanQ
07-08-2012, 01:14 AM

The best loot I got from the box last event is 20k gold, and it's been a few times. This time all I get is 'sorry' or 4k gold. Eggs are hard to come by without gems and i'm a free player.

EthanQ
07-08-2012, 02:41 AM
Im also on 13 and as you said, it's a whole to get 2 more. Any free player close to 20?

Free player here, I don't know if you would consider me close but 16 eggs here with 21 hour remaining.. I just hope i can get to 20.

echus14
07-08-2012, 03:35 AM
Good luck for 20 ... Really hope you make it. Frost Hamer up to 117 eggs. Big bucks!

EthanQ
07-08-2012, 03:48 AM
Good luck for 20 ... Really hope you make it. Frost Hamer up to 117 eggs. Big bucks!

I'm not sure if you're referring to me, but thanks anyway. Yea the top 25 is scary haha.

Q Raider
07-08-2012, 03:58 AM
Noticed an oddity.

On eight eggs (and doubt I will see ten) however it says I am thirteen eggs away from the top 250...

Does that mean you can get more than twenty eggs?

I am really puzzled by people here stating they cannot find boxes in the PVE sector.
Therefore here is a tip to help you, for future events.
Preparation is the key.
Go into your PVE, find few of the toughest monsters you can go up against and whack away till they are one hit off from dropping, leave them at that and go to the next. Pretty much always have a dozen or more of them at deaths door just waiting for the final hit.
When the event starts you can wander into your maps and take out a monster or two with ease and also have a high probability of getting a box to drop.

EthanQ
07-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Noticed an oddity.

On eight eggs (and doubt I will see ten) however it says I am thirteen eggs away from the top 250...

Does that mean you can get more than twenty eggs?

I am really puzzled by people here stating they cannot find boxes in the PVE sector.
Therefore here is a tip to help you, for future events.
Preparation is the key.
Go into your PVE, find few of the toughest monsters you can go up against and whack away till they are one hit off from dropping, leave them at that and go to the next. Pretty much always have a dozen or more of them at deaths door just waiting for the final hit.
When the event starts you can wander into your maps and take out a monster or two with ease and also have a high probability of getting a box to drop.

Great tip btw, but you don't actually have to hit the toughest monsters. I'm currently at the lower level maps trying to get level 5 mastery and trust me, even with those lousy monsters the boxes are coming in faster then i expected.

whiterider
07-08-2012, 04:16 AM
At the beggining of the event I got an egg every 3 or 4 hours, when I reached 9, for 16 tries not a single egg, only gold and honor (almost no sorries), another day, another 14 tries, not a single egg, yesterday I got another egg, up to 11, and in 10 hours, only sorries, one after another. Today nothing changed...

Last time I was in top 500, spending part of the gems I bought for upgrades (gems for appr. € 220), cant remember how much exactly for openings, but this event I dont like and I will not pay for it.

I just cant understand what kind of a lottery is this and why to spend any money on it. I had so much money and honr gained from boxes, and I am glad I haven't used the third (gems) option for opening because I could lose at least 300-400 gems for nothing and the units from the boxes are a better choice.

...Just tried again to open a box - gained 1250 gold. ...and still 11 eggs.

Hobtuse
07-08-2012, 04:17 AM
Free player mostly without any gem units here but I had just purchased gems. Got to 19 and used gems to get to 20. It took 2 attempts, the first one gave me 15 honor points......

Krug
07-08-2012, 06:06 AM
Free player. Have 10 eggs using mostly the 2nd option, but since there's so little time left, just going for the free option.

Previous box event had 15 eggs.

I pity those who paid with gems and got 50 points of honour.

echus14
07-08-2012, 06:47 AM
Free player mostly without any gem units here but I had just purchased gems. Got to 19 and used gems to get to 20. It took 2 attempts, the first one gave me 15 honor points......

15HP? That must be an old time low. Thought 50 or 75 was the lowest it went. Glad to hear you hit 20

Hobtuse
07-08-2012, 06:58 AM
15HP? That must be an old time low. Thought 50 or 75 was the lowest it went. Glad to hear you hit 20

thanks.. yeah so I wonder how do those top gem players actually can spend so much on this event..

I am 2 off to reach the top 250 but I think it will take about 5 more dragon eggs eventually. Gonna give it a go using the medium option but not getting my hopes high.

echus14
07-08-2012, 07:21 AM
thanks.. yeah so I wonder how do those top gem players actually can spend so much on this event..

I am 2 off to reach the top 250 but I think it will take about 5 more dragon eggs eventually. Gonna give it a go using the medium option but not getting my hopes high.

Haha ... Just noticed my typo. Meant to say ALL time low. Just glad to have got the 3rd unit this time, on the vials I was stuck at 14 when it ended. Free, middle option all the way for both events. Now just chilling with a rusty knife. If it gets even one open for 15HP, I'd be shocked.

The_Red
07-08-2012, 07:28 AM
Got by 15th gem last night - pretty stoked, since I was just hoping for the 10th gem indestructible.

d_nickels
07-08-2012, 08:49 AM
Thought I'd add my experience into the mix here.

I started this event only using middle option and got up to around 9 or 10 pretty quick. Then the eggs dried up and I thought I'd give some gem opens a try. I used about 6-700 gems on the 3rd open options, no timer resets, and got 1 or 2 more eggs but tons of honor and gold. I was no where close to staying in the top 250 using that method so I switched back to the middle option yesterday. Since going back to the middle option I've gotten 8 more eggs in maybe 20 attempts. I even miscliced the rusty knife option twice and got 10k gold and then an egg!

Do I think the middle option has a higher chance for eggs than the gem open? No, I think I've gotten crazy lucky with middle option and had a string of real bad luck with the gem openings . . . but this definitely makes me never want to use the gem option again! I'm now at 19 eggs and think I'll get to 20 without more gem openings.

I'm glad to spend a little money to support these "free" games, but I'd rather feel like I'm getting something for my money instead of this roll of the dice stuff.

Joie
07-08-2012, 09:00 AM
Got to 10 last night after being stuck on 7 for the better part of two days. No way I'd get to 15 at the drop rate I've had for this event so I'll try a few rusty knives to finish off the event. Congrats on 15 red

LAX
07-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Obviously there is no way to reach top 250 without spending gems, but imo if you are going spend gems use them to reset the timer only. Do not use them to open a box because the gold option is sufficient and will help you spend less gems. It is also better to spend gems at the begging of the event because the odds are better you will get eggs early in the event. The odds decrease proportionately with the number of eggs you have.

d_nickels
07-08-2012, 10:00 AM
Obviously there is no way to reach top 250 without spending gems, but imo if you are going spend gems use them to reset the timer only. Do not use them to open a box because the gold option is sufficient and will help you spend less gems. It is also better to spend gems at the begging of the event because the odds are better you will get eggs early in the event. The odds decrease proportionately with the number of eggs you have.

I think I disagree.

Here's how I thought about it. If you use 200 gems with either option here's what happens.

200 gems to just open (100% chance to open a box):
-10 open attempts with 10 open boxes.
-Time spent - 10 hours (if you don't miss any).
-Gold spent - zero.

200 gems to reset timer:
-To compare to above scenario, lets use 10 hours again since this is a time limited event.
-So, in 10 hours you could open 10 using the 200 gems and then another 10 over the next 10 hours, so 20 total openings in the same time as above.
-If you assume even a 50% opening rate using the middle (gold) option you should still only open 10 boxes on average.
-Gold spent - 20x your cost of using middle option. For me this would be over 40k gold!

After looking at it that way, I think if you're going to use gems, its actually better to just use them for the "magic Key" option and get a guaranteed open box. This is assuming a close to 50% open rate for the middle/gold option which is probably close to reality. The rusty knife (free) option is likely a good deal less than 50% open rate but would save you a ton of gold.

I also don't think I agree on your last assumption that the odds decrease as you gain more eggs. It might be true, but from what I've seen I think for this event the odds of getting an egg are a constant, otherwise the people getting 100+ eggs should be reporting a crazy hard time getting more at that level. The odds of getting the 10th egg are definitely harder in the old style events, but I think in this type it doesn't change as you get more eggs.

The_Red
07-08-2012, 10:13 AM
Got to 10 last night after being stuck on 7 for the better part of two days. No way I'd get to 15 at the drop rate I've had for this event so I'll try a few rusty knives to finish off the event. Congrats on 15 red

Ya - once I hit 15 I stopped opening - waste of cash to even attempt to get 5 in 1 day. Odds just aren't there for it.

asdfg12345
07-08-2012, 10:14 AM
I been stuck on 8 for 2 days :(

LAX
07-08-2012, 10:20 AM
You could be right on the odds not decreasing for this new type of event. Nevertheless, i think it still decreases even with this new type of event because my odds of getting eggs has decreased. Not to mention CCM's remarks about events and their odds. Also, i have been following the leader boards and have noticed a significant decrease in number of eggs achieved for the top 25 but it could be they have run out of steam and started to slow down their gem purchase and use. As for the reset vs. magic key i have a good income so i don't even feel it when i use gold option and i believe the odds are more like 66% open rate.

DIrishB
07-08-2012, 11:38 AM
You could be right on the odds not decreasing for this new type of event. Nevertheless, i think it still decreases even with this new type of event because my odds of getting eggs has decreased. Not to mention CCM's remarks about events and their odds. Also, i have been following the leader boards and have noticed a significant decrease in number of eggs achieved for the top 25 but it could be they have run out of steam and started to slow down their gem purchase and use. As for the reset vs. magic key i have a good income so i don't even feel it when i use gold option and i believe the odds are more like 66% open rate.

The odds for the gold option are 45%, though there is a diminishing rate of returns, though I'm not sure if this means the more eggs you get that chance decreases, or if you're just more likely to get gold or honor prizes instead of eggs.

Considering I've got 10 eggs with an average of 15 gold open options per day, and factoring in the gold and honor prizes being about 50-66% of the opened box prizes, the odds of actually getting an egg are less than 20%, and if there is in fact a lessened chance the more eggs you get, God (and Funzio) only knows how small a percentage egg drops actually are once you get into the 5, 10, 15, 20, and so on ranges.

spectra
07-08-2012, 02:17 PM
I just made it to 20 and I am happy to get the 4 free units
I try opening (always gold option) about 20 times per day
there is not way free player can get in the top 250, in the last event it was almost impossible for free players to get to top 500, now even worse

this is not really an event, this is plain and simple AN AUCTION FOR GEM SPENDERS, they have the chance to PURCHASE those units

Everson25
07-08-2012, 03:39 PM
Congrat Spectra for reaching 20. I'm still stuck on 14, with around 20 tries a day. I will be happy if I get one more.

I agree with you about the Auction. It was hard to get 10 before for big prize but at least there was a chance for free players. Even when I didn't get I was ok because there would be someone as a free player getting it. So it would make us work harder next time. But not anymore.

Mikecore
07-08-2012, 04:05 PM
Stuck at 7 for kingdom ages...lol

All middle options

tcapi
07-08-2012, 07:02 PM
Ya - once I hit 15 I stopped opening - waste of cash to even attempt to get 5 in 1 day. Odds just aren't there for it.

Agree. I have been using rusty knife, not worth the 2k per pop.

echus14
07-08-2012, 07:19 PM
I just made it to 20 and I am happy to get the 4 free units
I try opening (always gold option) about 20 times per day
there is not way free player can get in the top 250, in the last event it was almost impossible for free players to get to top 500, now even worse

this is not really an event, this is plain and simple AN AUCTION FOR GEM SPENDERS, they have the chance to PURCHASE those units

Congrats Spectra. Like you, I was going all mddle option and very disciplined, but stopped at 15 eggs. Certainly not easy for a free player to hit 20 without some really good luck, so it should make it doubly sweet for you :D

Chuck29
07-08-2012, 07:55 PM
Great to see all those heavy gem buyers doing so well....I can't help but to chuckle when gem buyers say they can't afford to buy gems on this event but yet have 100+ eggs. Good ole knee slapper. :)

I luckily got to 20 eggs 2 hours ago using the middle option.../sigh of relief!! Congrats to all who reached their goal!

Sir Mixalot
07-08-2012, 08:15 PM
There is no difference between finishing 1st or 25th, correct? I am just wondering why these people spend so much to achieve nothing. To me it seems the person in 25th is the smartest and the person in 1st looks like an idiot. Congratz to the freebies that reached 20! I got 15 yesterday and basically blew today off. I just got my 16th egg with 3 hrs to go.

MaverickMunkey
07-08-2012, 08:34 PM
Great to see all those heavy gem buyers doing so well....I can't help but to chuckle when gem buyers say they can't afford to buy gems on this event but yet have 100+ eggs. Good ole knee slapper. :)

I luckily got to 20 eggs 2 hours ago using the middle option.../sigh of relief!! Congrats to all who reached their goal!

COngrats to getting to 20 - I have been using the middle option and have only got 14 and hoping that I will get to 15 before the end or this event will be my last one.

echus14
07-08-2012, 08:41 PM
There is no difference between finishing 1st or 25th, correct? I am just wondering why these people spend so much to achieve nothing. To me it seems the person in 25th is the smartest and the person in 1st looks like an idiot. Congratz to the freebies that reached 20! I got 15 yesterday and basically blew today off. I just got my 16th egg with 3 hrs to go.

I suppose that the problem is you don't know if someone will do a last minute surge that will push you out of the top 25/250. Safest to be in the middle/top one-third but really depends on what happens among the gem buyers. You can see that beginning to happen with the 250 list ... I had a gap of only about 2 eggs to enter the lis for a long time and then overnight it surged to 6 and increasing. That's also why all the talk about the freezing of the leader board in the last half/one hour causing chaos and panic buying (= more $$$$ for GREE).

Durwood
07-08-2012, 09:29 PM
Coincidence? Three events and I get 9 'prizes' each event. I never get that 10th one - thus preventing me from getting the next unit. I never used any gems and seemed to rush up to 9 and then stall with 'better luck next times' or some gold or hero rewards. I actually do NOT look forward to these events, as they seem they are designed to make the powerful even more powerful and marginalize everyone below them.

9 + 9 + 9 <> coincidence.

Durwood
07-08-2012, 09:32 PM
I WILL NOT participate in the next event. I will only use the free option. Not worth losing the gold when it seems as though it is predetermined how many prizes you will win.

echus14
07-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Should be possible given the experience of other forumers (little ole me included). It does seem to get more difficult the more eggs/vials you have (which may not be entirely fair) but still do-able if you have some LUCK. For myself, I only got to second unit for the vials (but not very disciplined) and third unit for the eggs (very disciplined). All middle option/purely free player. You can see some free players did hit 20 eggs. Don't be discouraged. It's just a game ... personally, I wish I could make real money as easy as gold on this game!!! :D

Plugger
07-08-2012, 11:32 PM
Woohoo, I just got 15th egg. It's a badass looking unit. So happy I don't have to go OT.

jeffelms
07-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Leader boards frozen for the last half hour again. That's such a slimy, scumbag move by Gree. The only possible reason for doing that is to create a panic by those near the bottom of the top 25 and 250. Forcing them to have to pay to get more eggs to keep from losing the prize.