PDA

View Full Version : Question about what to buy with gold

Luciferianism
07-03-2012, 03:17 PM
I guess the consensus is that crates are best to buy. This might be a stupid question but I don't often have any gold, when is it best to buy the crates? Right now I'm guessing they aren't appealing because the commons are so close to respect items and the rare items aren't that strong? I heard someone say last time that the last round of crates weren't great for boosting attack. Maybe the ones that had an explosive as a common item were best.
I don't know.
When is it that you buy crates?

G Wiz
07-03-2012, 03:23 PM
You already have the dynamics understood. You noted that the commons are too close to RP items and the rares aren't that strong. So, at 10% for the rare drops, your left with 90% chance of getting something close to RP items.

Not a good batch at all.

P.S. Have you seen the new LE items yet? It has an explosive there at 125g. Something to consider.

Maniaxe
07-03-2012, 03:26 PM
When is it that you buy crates?
When they are 45g for three. :D

Do you buy a lot of gold or is it mostly Tapjoy? I blew 300 Tapjoy and got a whopping six commons last time lol. I am now a bit scarred and am back up to 175g and deciding whether to save for a gents club or just blow it on crates again. I am waiting at least for a new set of crates to come out. Interested to see what the consensus is here.

Dipstik
07-03-2012, 03:26 PM
Buy henchmen. They do not fear death.

fuzzy
07-03-2012, 03:27 PM
How about the new limited explosive that just came out. Better attack then the Hellfire Missile and cheaper.

Toxic Grenade 90/25 for 125 gold

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh500/knaveljustin/Crime%20City%20Public/8db4b68f.jpg

Luciferianism
07-03-2012, 03:29 PM
I use tapjoy. I have bought a couple of cheap games like Kick the Buddy, Kick the Buddy Independence day and Don't Run With A Plasma Sword (great game that I have spent hours on by the way, only cost £1.50) which had offerings of extra gold as well as installing and deleting free apps. Soo yeah, I really don't make that much gold. I've never purchased gold on the game itself.

Johnny70
07-03-2012, 03:42 PM
the crates that are out now are not as good as the other crates but dont cost as much either.. carates seem to work best for me if I buy them in the early am hours when I should be sleeping... the best place to spend your gold would be to find another game that doesnt claim to be free but requires thousands of dollars to be competitive in.... or you could use some of it to open event safes I very much doubt you can buy anything for the amount the first five items would give you for stats

The Billionaire
07-03-2012, 04:04 PM
I would only spend your tapjoy gold on gold buildings. I think you'll get the best satisfaction from your Tapjoy gold. How long does it take for the Tapjoy to reset so you can get another gold bar. The reason i ask is i play Modern War and it's purely a camper account which i'm definitely not spending any gold on but it would make sense to collect as much Tapjoy gold as possible.

It's always worth keeping an eye on the limited items that are released. Items such as the armored state car (18 Attack & 46 Defense) are sometimes worth a shout. It all depends if you want to strengthen your attack or defense?

Put it this way, i don't think you'll ever get lucky enough to get 3 rares in a set of crates. I've done it a couple of times but it's cost me a vault of gold each time.

http://i1165.photobucket.com/albums/q582/verno1983/3a5f9ab2.jpg

M00nsh1n3
07-03-2012, 04:07 PM
How about the new limited explosive that just came out. Better attack then the Hellfire Missile and cheaper.

Toxic Grenade 90/25 for 125 gold

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh500/knaveljustin/Crime%20City%20Public/8db4b68f.jpg

Gc or this explosive? What you think?

Maniaxe
07-03-2012, 04:45 PM
True regarding gold buildings, but the question then becomes what can you realistically buy with in game cash that is worth buying and will the income from say a GC really make that much of a difference?

*Edit*
Lvl 1 Gents Club - $396k/24hrs=
One Gas Grenade per a day plus some change.
or
One FBI Shield every four days.

I am sure there are other options but these seem to be the most likely uses of in game cash regarding equipment.

Dipstik
07-03-2012, 04:48 PM
Well iph is as good a measure of e-penis as any other stat, really. Why not?

M00nsh1n3
07-03-2012, 05:02 PM
I have 400 uwv, why get FBI shield?

The Billionaire
07-03-2012, 05:35 PM
True regarding gold buildings, but the question then becomes what can you realistically buy with in game cash that is worth buying and will the income from say a GC really make that much of a difference?

*Edit*
Lvl 1 Gents Club - $396k/24hrs=
One Gas Grenade per a day plus some change.
or
One FBI Shield every four days.

I am sure there are other options but these seem to be the most likely uses of in game cash regarding equipment.

Good point! May as well spend it on a limited edition item then or keep buying 3 crates.

Can anyone tell me how long it takes for tapjoy to reset??

Carlos,
07-03-2012, 06:20 PM
You should buy Goodfella if you don't have it already

koralene
07-03-2012, 09:31 PM
I would get the new explosive :)