PDA

View Full Version : Toggle Offense On/Off

Thief
07-03-2012, 12:57 PM
So this idea might be a game changer but i wanted some feedback and perhaps Funzio could implement it later down the road?

What if we were given the ability to toggle our army on/off for the purpose of attacking (not for defending as i think the best defending unit should always be available to defend and it wouldn't be fair to opponents if they saw a high defense stat but you had half your army toggled off)

However the reason i suggest Toggling an offensive army on/off is primarily due to casualty rates. In many instances i'm attacking someone who has significantly lower stats than me and i don't need but 50-75% of my army. I don't want to make the attack and then loose one of my valuable units when i don't even need it? Maybe for simplicity i toggle all my units with the same name on/off at the same time?

What do you guys think? Would this create an unfair advantage somehow?

~Ace

magepker
07-03-2012, 01:08 PM
instead of a toggle on/off option they need to fix how effective PVPing is, for instance as you said there are occasions where you're attacking someone who is significantly weaker then you are so you shouldn't need to use your full army. So when PVPing the game should automatically decipher the minimum amount of units needed to defeat the opponent that it's about to attack which would lower the casual rate.

In real life the USA wouldn't send every unit it had to destroy a small country like Haiti or something, they'd send out just what they need to win and nothing more.

So it's all about efficiency which the PVP system in place lacks.

But your idea is good, you should be able to manually change if you want a certain unit to go into combat or not, what kind of commander's\generals are we if we can't fully control our army?

Poopenshire
07-03-2012, 01:43 PM
How about just fixing the Casualty rates, seems alot easier than everything listed here.

Hint Gree (this is free consulting by the way) - The winner of the battle should never loose more units then the loser!

manbeast
07-03-2012, 01:55 PM
agree with everyone here! lol pvp mechanics are screwed up right now. everything from cas rates to valor drops to battle points

but i do still like the idea in the OP. i'd also like to toggle my defense units. i'd rather bring my sea scouts than my military ambulances, but i cant!! or just let me sell them!!! and yea i'd love to turn off all my valor units for attacking

Poopenshire
07-03-2012, 01:58 PM
I would turn my valor units off for defense. I simply am building a defense to not include them, eventually.

Thief
07-04-2012, 09:43 AM
While i agree they should just fix the casualty rate i would still prefer to pick what units go into battle. This would give us more control over our armies like mentioned. I would be fine with the ability to toggle your defense army off and on but it would have to disply on your profile page (which isn't hard to implement it just makes it more difficult than the current offense only option)

CCM is this anything that can be implemented like this in the future?

Corsair
07-04-2012, 10:35 AM
I agree this is a good idea, but I'm pretty sure this would be a major development effort. It would also change a major strategy of the game, i.e. which units to purchase to best improve attack or defense. Not to mention it would also mess with their casualty algorithm, which they seem to be happy with or they'd have changed it by now. I'd hope they'd focus on cleaning up some bugs before something like this. Good idea though.