PDA

View Full Version : The value of 100 dollars.

Zendfrim
07-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Along the lines of G Wiz's thinker threads, lets consider the value of 100 dollars. What could you have bought with that money if you hadn't spent it on imaginary currency? Its amazing some of the money spent on something that is basically.... nothing. Looking at this as an outsider would see it, that's what they would see.

Just something to think about.

I personally could've bought these items each, not total (some approximated):

-8 months worth of toilet paper from costco (love those 30 packs, used to be 36 tho)
-2 gas tank refills (13 gallon tank at 3.75 per gallon)
-a new hard drive
-a newer video card
-30 12 packs of my favorite soda (on special at safeway)
-6.67 months of world of warcraft subscription
-1 month of TV/internet service
-2 standard pc games
-3-5 blu ray movies
-a new office chair
-1.5 months of cell phone service
-1-4 weeks worth of food depending on family size, for me its about 3 weeks
-5 new shirts or shorts
-2 oil changes (based on my usual oil change expense)
-a new crazy universal remote
-a new pair of shoes
-6-50 iphone apps (some are 6 bucks or more! Glad crime city is free...)
-1/2 of a window air conditioner
-2 utility bills
-student loan payment
-a somewhat crappy new digital camera
-a new tower fan
-a new ceiling fan
-a new pair of quality headphones
-2-3 seasons of one of my favorite shows on blu ray or DVD
-A pet bird
-A nice cage for said bird
-10 visits to Arby's
-a ticket to PAX along with a few meals in town
-5 containers of prescription toothpaste
-13 Alabama slammers (thatd be a rough next morning)
-crazy quality flashlight that could also serve as a baseball bat
-Costco membership fee

Amazing, the volume, now that I list all this stuff out...

What could you spend 100 bucks on if you decided not to give it to Funzio?

Timbathia
07-02-2012, 11:54 PM
lap dance.

Timbathia
07-02-2012, 11:56 PM
massage with happy ending.

Rodimus
07-03-2012, 12:06 AM
10 Laps dances in Memphis where I go. I wait for the DJ to say "$20 2 for 1 special"

dudeman
07-03-2012, 12:17 AM
1/4 ounce of super high grade quality herbs. Pun not intended but does conveniently and accurately describe the product.

1/2 ounce of average quality herbs. Depending on availability and market saturation, the product may be of slightly less than average quality.

Speak to your local street pharmacist for further details. :o

Edit: Oh yeah....

I'm back baby!
http://www.blogsmithcdn.com/avatar/images/11/2911093_50.jpg

http://www.askmehelpdesk.com/attachments/heating-air-conditioning/29427d1266990609-tws730a1-applause-bender.jpg

Boom
07-03-2012, 12:25 AM
Monkeys!!!

ShawnBB
07-03-2012, 12:44 AM
Well... Your post makes me think it's worth to burn some bucks on CC.

Fck soda(and chips), Fck WoW(that's for sure), Fck Pc game(we play CC), Fck bluray movies(go AMC or click Netflix or movie torrent), Fck new shirts(who need more shirts in their closet?)......

doug19
07-03-2012, 12:51 AM
-a newer video card

What kind of video card are you buying for $100?? (I'm assuming you mean graphics card/GPU btw)

PawnXIIX
07-03-2012, 01:13 AM
The value of $100 is just enough to fill up my car with $35 left over :D

Gotta love the price of 93 octane around here, $4.00 a gallon and that's considered cheap ;P

Zendfrim
07-03-2012, 01:22 AM
What kind of video card are you buying for $100?? (I'm assuming you mean graphics card/GPU btw)people sell old generation cards that are still 5 times better than mine. GPU is the processor on the video card, so I mean video card.

Well... Your post makes me think it's worth to burn some bucks on CC.

Fck soda(and chips), Fck WoW(that's for sure), Fck Pc game(we play CC), Fck bluray movies(go AMC or click Netflix or movie torrent), Fck new shirts(who need more shirts in their closet?)......Man I am sure glad not all of my money goes to Funzio like yours does. You're aware there's a world beyond crime city right? Maybe it IS possible to spend every dime you have ONLY on this game. If that's the case for you, I hope funzio treats you extremely well.

doug19
07-03-2012, 03:30 AM
people sell old generation cards that are still 5 times better than mine. GPU is the processor on the video card, so I mean video card.

I'm not going to argue about the nomenclature, I'm assuming graphics/video card (& abbreviating it to just gpu) is a uk/america difference.
A $100 card would be a big step down for me (as would a £100 card for that matter). My computer is where my disposable income is going/will be going for the near future rather than funzio. What graphics card are you running?

Nudie
07-03-2012, 03:36 AM
A hundred bucks would buy me a pretty good bottle of single malt.
That would make me smile. :o

koralene
07-03-2012, 03:40 AM
A few bottles of grey goose.
A night out.
Meal in Paris.
My months Sky bill or mobile phone bill.

Mikecore
07-03-2012, 04:15 AM
You can buy 5 GREE stocks....lol

Max Power
07-03-2012, 04:24 AM
The value of $100 is just enough to fill up my car with $35 left over :D

Gotta love the price of 93 octane around here, $4.00 a gallon and that's considered cheap ;P

Your not gonna get a lot of sympathy here from people in......just about any other country in the world.

I'm not going to argue about the nomenclature, I'm assuming graphics/video card (& abbreviating it to just gpu) is a uk/america difference.
A $100 card would be a big step down for me (as would a £100 card for that matter). My computer is where my disposable income is going/will be going for the near future rather than funzio. What graphics card are you running?

Child please.

Nudie
07-03-2012, 04:28 AM
You can buy 5 GREE stocks....lol

That sounds like a sure thing investment wise. LOL. :)

Mig
07-03-2012, 04:53 AM

I don't think you realise how expensive fuel is in Europe.

In the UK, it's around $9.50 a gallon at the moment for the lowest grade fuel.

Mikecore
07-03-2012, 04:56 AM

Fuel is cheap. The taxes that accompany the fuel price are expensive...lol

7rs60
07-03-2012, 05:10 AM
20 new underwear
2 new books
20 prescriptions filled
3 new light bulbs
piles and piles of tea
One fifth of a holographic rifle sight
Five fifths (a whole) of Everclear

ShawnBB
07-03-2012, 05:43 AM
Man I am sure glad not all of my money goes to Funzio like yours does. You're aware there's a world beyond crime city right? Maybe it IS possible to spend every dime you have ONLY on this game. If that's the case for you, I hope funzio treats you extremely well.

:( I haven't spent a penny on this game...there gotta be some misunderstood here.

It's just this list reminded me how lot I have already saved.(might want to reward myself due to that)

I'm not sure if that sounds weird to you, but the fact is that I don't drink soda /don't smoke/ don't play wow or other online pc games like that /stop buying bluray movies for a long time/ careless on clothing
All these saves could provide a good reason for me to dump couple of bucks to get RC,PT and GC, but I convinced myself what's the point of getting all these in game cash buildings and decided not to spend a #%^* on this game either.

7rs60, isn't light bulb 1 dollar for 3 at dollar tree, lol. I don't go that place but my friend does.

Hed
07-03-2012, 05:47 AM
7rs60 said:
3 new light bulbs.

For £100?

Do you operate a light house?

(sorry, screwed up the formatting)

PawnXIIX
07-03-2012, 05:59 AM

Oh yeah I know how stupidly expensive fuel is. Not complaining about the price, this is one of the lowest prices in the nation.

enahs1
07-03-2012, 06:26 AM
Our price in Ohioc, USA is about $3.50

Plux
07-03-2012, 03:46 PM
Tell that to the people who gamble on horse racing, the lottery or spend that in 2 minutes in Vegas or Monte Carlo and lose it. Again, that's 2 games on the Xbox gathering dust on a shelf 1 month later $100 bucks traded for 1/4 value even. A bog roll wont keep you entertained for long, mind you those who remember Tracey Island might disagree lol

Zendfrim
07-03-2012, 04:01 PM
:( I haven't spent a penny on this game...there gotta be some misunderstood here.

It's just this list reminded me how lot I have already saved.(might want to reward myself due to that)

I'm not sure if that sounds weird to you, but the fact is that I don't drink soda /don't smoke/ don't play wow or other online pc games like that /stop buying bluray movies for a long time/ careless on clothing
All these saves could provide a good reason for me to dump couple of bucks to get RC,PT and GC, but I convinced myself what's the point of getting all these in game cash buildings and decided not to spend a #%^* on this game either.

7rs60, isn't light bulb 1 dollar for 3 at dollar tree, lol. I don't go that place but my friend does.My props to you then for not giving funzio a dime. You're doin better than me there. I could use more indifference.

And my apologies, I probably did misunderstand.

Dipstik
07-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Five hookers on national ave. in Milwaukee.

Dr. Dengus
07-03-2012, 04:15 PM
-2 utility bills

Are you assuming split costs? I'd love for my entire utility bill to only be $50.

Carlos,
07-03-2012, 05:55 PM
100 dollars buys lots of bags of chips

Murda
07-03-2012, 06:18 PM
I'd probably use the $100 on 2-3 weeks of formula for the baby.......nothing important. Gold it is.