PDA

View Full Version : There's one way for every player to win without spending any gold

Inzaghi
07-02-2012, 08:36 PM
If every player knows and trusts each other, then we can play the game like this. Everyone can open boxes until he/she receives one chip. Then he/she stops opening. At the end of the day, everyone has one chip and is on top 50/top 500. There's no way for Funzio to award only some of them, so all will receive Diamond Fists & Street Demon. And no gold is spent.
It is also true for big gold spenders competing for top 50. They can set a line like 100 chips. If anyone has already hit that target, stop opening. So each big spender doesn't need to waste extra gold and finally everyone is pleased.

Euchred
07-02-2012, 08:38 PM
In a perfect world this would totally work. Reminds me of Halo 3 double xp weekends there would be four teams so you let 1 win and the bottom three tie for second meaning everyone gets xp.

Chazz CC
07-02-2012, 08:42 PM
They mention tie breakers are by level, so still wouldn't work.

Philo Beddoe
07-02-2012, 08:59 PM
If every player knows and trusts each other, then we can play the game like this. Everyone can open boxes until he/she receives one chip. Then he/she stops opening. At the end of the day, everyone has one chip and is on top 50/top 500. There's no way for Funzio to award only some of them, so all will receive Diamond Fists & Street Demon. And no gold is spent.
It is also true for big gold spenders competing for top 50. They can set a line like 100 chips. If anyone has already hit that target, stop opening. So each big spender doesn't need to waste extra gold and finally everyone is pleased.

more of a chance of everyone getting together to sing kumbaya in a circle jerk.

Inzaghi
07-02-2012, 09:03 PM
They mention tie breakers are by level, so still wouldn't work.
Yes, I see that. It's vague again and I also see the dilemma. If HL players have higher priority, LL ones will complain "It's already hard to obtain enough boxes at low level. So besides the gold for resetting and opening, I also spent vaults of gold for energy refilling to do map jobs. Why should I have lower priority?"
If LL players are favored, HL players have to say "WTF? I keep spending gold each week since last Dec, this is how you treat a loyal customer?"
So I guess it might end up with no tie breakers at all. But Funzio wouldn't tell this in case we might work together...

Murda
07-02-2012, 09:07 PM
I'd be the first to break the pact and get my second just before the event ends

Inzaghi
07-02-2012, 09:10 PM
I'd be the first to break the pact and get my second just before the event ends
Right, everyone is greedy so don't blame Funzio for being so. :cool:

Maniaxe
07-02-2012, 09:15 PM
Hippies suck
What he said.

Boom
07-02-2012, 09:58 PM
But if all receives it u got no gain lol

Lloyd~
07-02-2012, 11:05 PM
This is simply the prisoner's dilemma lol

will never work

NTM
07-02-2012, 11:42 PM
on my Iphone i got 5 chip at lvl 22 so i told u no it's impossible to play with out spending RL :/ sad i know... i think to stop a day me because that to expensive, if u don't spend RL u can't play or poor game, i saw this with my low account.. i can just up something and not realy more...

for event that not fair i agree totaly, when u see the top 50 u know why that expensive.. ppl are addict, normal same for me in 2 day's but price are to hight for RL i think.. that why i think in september i stop to buy, hard to make that cuz the game is make only for spend money, not the same fun like pther mmorpg or rpg...

Rodimus
07-03-2012, 12:12 AM
on my Iphone i got 5 chip at lvl 22 so i told u no it's impossible to play with out spending RL :/ sad i know... i think to stop a day me because that to expensive, if u don't spend RL u can't play or poor game, i saw this with my low account.. i can just up something and not realy more...

for event that not fair i agree totaly, when u see the top 50 u know why that expensive.. ppl are addict, normal same for me in 2 day's but price are to hight for RL i think.. that why i think in september i stop to buy, hard to make that cuz the game is make only for spend money, not the same fun like pther mmorpg or rpg...

OMG that was painful to read

outbackhat
07-03-2012, 02:30 AM

No way, I do events to try and get edge. The game is and should be about gaining advantage to win. If you want peaceful and serene go play tapfish.

7rs60
07-03-2012, 04:58 AM
All I've got for the past 2 days is sorry. No prizes. So maybe I'll try your way instead.

ss30
07-03-2012, 05:38 AM
What about everyone who is not on the forum who plays the game?

Alice
07-03-2012, 07:16 AM
prisoners of funzio:D

cookie monster
07-03-2012, 07:20 AM

Tie-breaker goes to highest level. You'd still lose most likely.

Also, there's no incentive for individuals not to act in their self-interest. If I know everyone is going to acquire one chip and stop, why wouldn't I get two to ensure that I get the prize? And once I have two someone else will do the same thing, and soon after everyone is.

Theoretically, what you suggest is possible. Unfortunately, human nature and game theory show that it's not.