PDA

View Full Version : Question to all MW players

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 05:23 PM
I want to see what most of you think about this subject and hopefully based on the results of this thread we can make Manbeast idea happen.

Gree wants to make money and us the paying customer want to make our voice heard, well we want an upgrade reduction building or a unit..

We're not asking for much, 20% to 30% reduction time..you can even sell the same bonus unit for past event for some gold.

magepker
07-02-2012, 05:25 PM
They'll likely release an upgrade reduction unit in the form of a 10 crate event.....

But it's a good idea if i can get my hands on one without spending 1000 gold to get the crates open and such.... rather be able to buy the unit with gold. >_<

If they release a permanent unit that'll reduce upgrade time like a boost building, it'll probably be really expensive... and super expensive to upgrade.

Dreno33
07-02-2012, 05:27 PM
They'll likely release an upgrade reduction unit in the form of a 10 crate event.....

they already did dude...

magepker
07-02-2012, 05:29 PM
they already did dude...

they did? i must've missed it.... then whats the problem?!?!

Want a permanent one that anyone can buy at any time?

Jhoemel
If i have a job i would said yes but for me its no right now. Doesnt have a source of money right now

Hassleham
No matter what the offer is i'm simply not willing to pay jack **** to this company at the moment.. Couldn't afford to if i wanted to anyway ^^

Ryan5100
07-02-2012, 05:30 PM
I would pay up to a certain point, although I guess I wouldn't pay considering I have TJ gold lol. Maybe like 250 gold like the composites? Or whatever it was

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 05:31 PM
They'll likely release an upgrade reduction unit in the form of a 10 crate event......

We're not asking for much, 20% to 30% reduction time..you can even sell the same bonus unit for past event for some gold.

Read my posts, if they were to sell this unit would you buy it..

magepker
07-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Read my posts, if they were to sell this unit would you buy it..

i did read your posts, my retort is, even if we ask they probably wont comply or they will comply in the form of an event. Haven't been getting heard in a while whats going to change now?

anyway, it's easy to answer yes to this poll. who the hell wouldn't pay for one, question is, how much would the damn thing cost... probably much more then any gold building\unit that's available right now.

is asking for a unit\building that allows two buildings to be upgraded at the same time too much to ask for?

How about units or buildings that give great boosts but have penalties?
Two upgrades at the same time but extends wait time 10%? i think thats a good idea.

A building\unit that reduces upgrade cost by 40% but reduces your defense by X percentage points.

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 05:37 PM
So we got two people that voted no that pretty say they can't afford it...one that would if he could the other one said FU Gree I hate you but I'll still play your game for free...

Thanks for voting and helping the players that CAN afford and want to make it happen.

bigflan
07-02-2012, 05:43 PM
Game out of balance then no for me

bigflan
07-02-2012, 05:46 PM
Seq um this building would have to be 1000 gold for its capabilities not 250 that would really put this game out of whack

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Nobody said 250 Flan but your vote although included in the Poll doesn't really matter so move on this is big boys here trying to make big moves...

Ryan5100
07-02-2012, 05:56 PM
I would pay up to a certain point, although I guess I wouldn't pay considering I have TJ gold lol. Maybe like 250 gold like the composites? Or whatever it was

Nobody said 250 Flan but your vote although included in the Poll doesn't really matter so move on this is big boys here trying to make big moves...I said 250 gold because that's what the composites is I think. Id pay some if it was more than what I have from TJ but I wouldn't pay more than $20 :(. But IMO this unit/building should definately be in the game available for gold.

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 06:00 PM
Thats all that matters, whether it should be included in the game or not...

manbeast
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
of course i voted yes :)

but even i wouldnt pay 1,000 gold for it. if they release it i think it should be the same as composites, 250 and 30%. most of the upgrades i want to do are over 100 hrs now.

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:01 PM
Thats all that matters, whether it should be included in the game or not...No it should not keeps the game balanced and this prize would save 20000 gold so you can't put a price on it

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
If this is realesd the price will be 1000+ just saying its not gonna be 250 gold Thats demented and is to cheap for such a building

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:03 PM
Flan vs seq

Flan for the win

Flan for the future

Ryan5100
07-02-2012, 06:04 PM
of course i voted yes :)

but even i wouldnt pay 1,000 gold for it. if they release it i think it should be the same as composites, 250 and 30%. most of the upgrades i want to do are over 100 hrs now.100% agreed. Shouldn't be more than 500gold IMO.

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:05 PM
100% agreed. Shouldn't be more than 500gold IMO.No it should be 1000+ actually

What?
07-02-2012, 06:06 PM
It would depend how much gold. If it was reasonable I certainly would consider it. Since I have no gold units I depend on my economy and cash to get stronger.

SeqWins

But it's a good idea if i can get my hands on one without spending 1000 gold to get the crates open and such.... rather be able to buy the unit with gold. >_<

If they release a permanent unit that'll reduce upgrade time like a boost building, it'll probably be really expensive... and super expensive to upgrade.

I want to see what most of you think about this subject and hopefully based on the results of this thread we can make Manbeast idea happen.

Gree wants to make money and us the paying customer want to make our voice heard, well we want an upgrade reduction building or a unit..

Thats all that matters, whether it should be included in the game or not...

100% agreed. Shouldn't be more than 500gold IMO.

This thread is all about making a reasonable demand why should we expect the price not to be? The most expensive Gold Building is 500? Why should this one be more tha that?

magepker
No it should be 1000+ actually

for the first time, i agree with flan heres why; the building you want is more important and useful then the composite building so just in that sense it should be more in price.

They base the price on units\buildings on how good the building offer is, this building would be better then any money building or unit they offer IMO so it would be more expensive.

A building that reduces wait time 20-30% cut costs by a significant amount, easier to bring up your IPH, easier to expand, easier to build buildings, easier to upgrade it'll be a mulch-faceted building whereas all the composite building does is raise your defense by X percent.

This thread is all about making a reasonable demand why should we expect the price not to be? The most expensive Gold Building is 500? Why should this one be more tha that?

for the reason i just said.

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 06:09 PM
I feel like I'm talking to 5 different Flan's on my own thread! Smdh or am I? I give up

War Priest
07-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Obviously the free players are going to say no.

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Seq please go see your physician trust me you must

Ryan5100
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
Obviously the free players are going to say no.Even though I'm a free player I would definately spend around 500 gold for this building. It would be the only thing I have spent real cash on this game though

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 06:15 PM
Obviously the free players are going to say no.

This is one of my points...I've paid maybe a total of around 10 bucks to this game so you can consider me a very light gold player but for this unit/building I would throw 20$ on it and I'm not even going to use it for 3 months...

Maybe this unit/ building encourages Free players or other players in my position to pay for it too

Gree wins

We win

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:16 PM
This is one of my points...I've paid maybe a total of around 10 bucks to this game so you can consider me a very light gold player but for this unit/building I would throw 20$ on it and I'm not even going to use it for 3 months...

Maybe this unit/ building encourages Free players or other players in my position to pay for it too

Gree wins

We winI'm not gonna pay $70 for a building man don't know what your talking about

magepker
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM

Gree wins

We win

so what would happen if they say yes, your right seq, but its gonna be 800gold?

one part of this that i'd really like this buiding to help with is upgrading my vault. friggin takes forever.

manbeast
07-02-2012, 06:21 PM
for the first time, i agree with flan heres why; the building you want is more important and useful then the composite building so just in that sense it should be more in price.

They base the price on units\buildings on how good the building offer is, this building would be better then any money building or unit they offer IMO so it would be more expensive.

A building that reduces wait time 20-30% cut costs by a significant amount, easier to bring up your IPH, easier to expand, easier to build buildings, easier to upgrade it'll be a mulch-faceted building whereas all the composite building does is raise your defense by X percent.

for the reason i just said.

i strongly disagree with pretty much everything you said.

1. composites factory is more important/influential than this building would be. composites factory gives a 20% boost to total defense. i have used that boost to pretty much become invulnerable at my lvl. i can save 40 million dollars and not have to worry about anyone taking it. without that 20% boost i'd be within reach for a lot of players. wouldnt be able to afford any big upgrades.

2. cutting time by 20-30% isnt that big a deal. it would have the same effect as camping 20-30% more of the time. You're not going to magically see players with HUGE iph. its still going to take 70-80 hrs to do major upgrades.

3. a 20% reduction has already been given out in crate prizes. so has the 30% cost reduction. i've seen a lot of players with both units and they have 30% of my IPH and stats and i have neither unit.

4. the people who will want this item the most are free players. economy is much more important to free players. theres no free player that is going to pay even 500 gold for this building. they'll just laugh it off and camp longer. i've spent over $200 real money on gold and i dont know if i'd buy it for 500 gold. i'll just camp. for 250 i'm all over it though

and lol at help for upgrading vault. i had mine maxed out at lvl 75 or so. vault doesnt even matter if u have a strong defense and composites factory. i dont even bother putting money in it anymore

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:26 PM
Manbeast listen to me it will never be 250 it will be 800 gold good job getting it for 800 gold

magepker
07-02-2012, 06:27 PM
i strongly disagree with pretty much everything you said.

1. composites factory is more important/influential than this building would be. composites factory gives a 20% boost to total defense. i have used that boost to pretty much become invulnerable at my lvl. i can save 40 million dollars and not have to worry about anyone taking it. without that 20% boost i'd be within reach for a lot of players. wouldnt be able to afford any big upgrades.

Like i said, the composite factory only helps in 1 aspect, defense, this upgrade building would help in 3 aspects of the game making it much more important.

2. cutting time by 20-30% isnt that big a deal. it would have the same effect as camping 20-30% more of the time. You're not going to magically see players with HUGE iph. its still going to take 70-80 hrs to do major upgrades.

out of a 80hr upgrade it would take you a full day LESS to upgrade, thats HUGE.

3. a 20% reduction has already been given out in crate prizes. so has the 30% cost reduction. i've seen a lot of players with both units and they have 30% of my IPH and stats and i have neither unit.

if a 20% reduction was already given, if they get this building that'd be a possible 50% reduction again, HUGE difference

4. the people who will want this item the most are free players. economy is much more important to free players. theres no free player that is going to pay even 500 gold for this building. they'll just laugh it off and camp longer. i've spent over $200 real money on gold and i dont know if i'd buy it for 500 gold. i'll just camp. for 250 i'm all over it though nothing to say about this >_>

Answers in the quote >_<

if they haven't released it yet it's probably for a reason, they probably make plenty of money off gold buyers who pay to have buildings instantly upgraded. If they release a building that is buy-able they'd be eating into there own profit. Thats why they had it released in a crate event, its controllable.

I would really want this building and i'd probably pay for it even if its 800 gold but my point is, your fighting for something that might be too much gold for you to afford\or want with a high price tag.

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Answers in the quotes >_<Very well answered and very true

manbeast
07-02-2012, 06:36 PM
Answers in the quote >_<

if they haven't released it yet it's probably for a reason, they probably make plenty of money off gold buyers who pay to have buildings instantly upgraded. If they release a building that is buy-able they'd be eating into there own profit.

I would really want this building and i'd probably pay for it even if its 800 gold but my point is, your fighting for something that might be too much gold for you to afford\or want with a high price tag.

i want it to make the game more exciting. its not huge. theres are still 100 buildings to upgrade. all of them take 80 hrs to upgrade. it'll just take 4 yrs to make them all lvl 10 instead of 5 yrs

i had another idea about upgrade times that you'd probably hate on also.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?31814-New-Idea-about-reducing-upgrade-times.

manbeast
07-02-2012, 06:37 PM
Very well answered and very true

flan being on your side is a bad sign bro. makes me think both of yall are trolling

Copenhagen
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
i want it to make the game more exciting. its not huge. theres are still 100 buildings to upgrade. all of them take 80 hrs to upgrade. it'll just take 4 yrs to make them all lvl 10 instead of 5 yrs

i had another idea about upgrade times that you'd probably hate on also.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?31814-New-Idea-about-reducing-upgrade-times.

Now that was a great idea.

magepker
07-02-2012, 06:42 PM
flan being on your side is a bad sign bro. makes me think both of yall are trolling

i read that post and thought it was a great idea, and trust me i don't like it that flan is on my side >_> and like i said i want this building especially since i missed the crate event but i think it'll be too expensive.

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 06:43 PM

I agree, I just think this is the time to push these ideas and make it happen.

Ryan5100
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
Now that was a great idea.Yep that was another great idea.

manbeast
07-02-2012, 06:56 PM

Yep that was another great idea.

thanks guys. if mark doesnt post in one of these threads i'm going to have to PM him links to them lol

i read that post and thought it was a great idea, and trust me i don't like it that flan is on my side >_> and like i said i want this building especially since i missed the crate event but i think it'll be too expensive.
well i guess we both agree then. we both want it to happen. i should probably get it for free since i invented it so cost is irrelevant :)

I like that actually then so you pay for a faster upgrade Tahts nice and easy yay

Flan for the win

Flan for the future

Scratch that I said its lame and I'm sticking by it it's true teny have a option already to make it faster it's called gold and FYI thats even worse than this idea

you've got to be joking me dude. can you stop trolling for 2 minutes and make some useful posts? nobody spends gold on upgrades. it would be the biggest waste of gold ever bc of the way its priced

bigflan
07-02-2012, 06:57 PM
thanks guys. if mark doesnt post in one of these threads i'm going to have to PM him links to them lol

well i guess we both agree then. we both want it to happen. i should probably get it for free since i invented it so cost is irrelevant :)

you've got to be joking me dude. can you stop trolling for 2 minutes and make some useful posts? nobody spends gold on upgrades. it would be the biggest waste of gold ever bc of the way its pricedPeople still pay for it and you know gree want money this is cutting off a source of income

manbeast
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
People still pay for it and you know gree want money this is cutting off a source of income

well if people want an instant upgrade, they are still going to have to pay gold!

ps- i love the fact that you changed your avi to a picture of a troll. suites you well.

pps- i got a common at lvl 25. thats worse than a common at 23!! ;P

bigflan
07-02-2012, 07:03 PM
well if people want an instant upgrade, they are still going to have to pay gold!Yes but cash is replacing some of the gold and they don't like it and I love the idea but I realized and knew they won't do it

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Lol I made it to 30 and went 3 bosses after that in hopes of getting another rare and didn't even get a common...Oh and as far as Flan goes ignore him

bigflan
07-02-2012, 07:07 PM
Lol I made it to 30 and went 3 bosses after that in hopes of getting another rare and didn't even get a common...??????????? What does that mean

Ryan5100
07-02-2012, 07:09 PM
@manbeast I like the building better than the cash idea but either one is fine with me. I would send him the links tomorrow evening of he don't post in here by then :p

SeqWins
07-02-2012, 07:20 PM
Uncommon, that's what I meant..

bigflan
07-02-2012, 07:21 PM
Uncommon, that's what I meant..You only got commons that sucks I can't beat boss 24 I need 14 hits on him so which means I need a level up I want to win the only unit I don't have come to papa little jet

Hassleham
07-03-2012, 12:23 AM
Sorry Seq, I'd had a few to drink last night and was feeling emotional, hence the douchey reply haha.

I would consider paying for it i think, or just work my ass off on Tapjoy for it.

Tctiger
07-03-2012, 07:02 AM
you can already reduce the build time to 0 with gold , and if you wait half the time you can finish it instantly with less gold so the system is already there ?

Arizona
07-03-2012, 07:46 AM
So we got two people that voted no that pretty say they can't afford it...one that would if he could the other one said FU Gree I hate you but I'll still play your game for free...

Thanks for voting and helping the players that CAN afford and want to make it happen.

Why I voted NO!
Seq, there's been a number of events where the top prize gives you a boost to something or other. In fact one of the prizes was an upgrade time reducer. The whole point of making it a competition is that some win some don't. I don't mind entering crate events hoping I'll get a top prize that offers a bonus, but to be able to go out and buy that bonus just begins to devalue the purpose of the competition. I read posts where people rave about having just won the 10th unit; and good for them. Winning an event that gives you something special, whether it's Time, Valor, Cash, Energy, Costs or any of the other boosts I can't remember right now, it does make that unit special. Hey, I wish I could have won all of the crate events and got all those boosts, but I didn't. (I won the time reducer, but I try not to let it cloud my opinions).

What I'd be disappointed to see is that if you can't win a time reducer unit, you can go out and buy it or build it. What's next, a Valor building, vault upgrade...etc

Oh and one final point. I chose to not spend on gold, not because I can't afford it. I chose a strategy where I'd do as well as I could as a free player. Remember this; all you gold bugs that love to point out to free players that they're playing free because you all choose to spend on gold; well if it wasn't for us free players, you'd have very little competition. Modern War would get dull fast if it was Gold vs Gold. Be thankful you have a constant supply of lambs queueing up to get slaughtered, me excepted of course.

bigflan
07-03-2012, 07:48 AM
Why I voted NO!
Seq, there's been a number of events where the top prize gives you a boost to something or other. In fact one of the prizes was an upgrade time reducer. The whole point of making it a competition is that some win some don't. I don't mind entering crate events hoping I'll get a top prize that offers a bonus, but to be able to go out and buy that bonus just begins to devalue the purpose of the competition. I read posts where people rave about having just won the 10th unit; and good for them. Winning an event that gives you something special, whether it's Time, Valor, Cash, Energy, Costs or any of the other boosts I can't remember right now, it does make that unit special. Hey, I wish I could have won all of the crate events and got all those boosts, but I didn't. (I won the time reducer, but I try not to let it cloud my opinions).

What I'd be disappointed to see is that if you can't win a time reducer unit, you can go out and buy it or build it. What's next, a Valor building, vault upgrade...etc

Oh and one final point. I chose to not spend on gold, not because I can't afford it. I chose a strategy where I'd do as well as I could as a free player. Remember this; all you gold bugs that love to point out to free players that they're playing free because you all choose to spend on gold; well if it wasn't for us free players, you'd have very little competition. Modern War would get dull fast if it was Gold vs Gold. Be thankful you have a constant supply of lambs queueing up to get slaughtered, me excepted of course.

Greatly said and my exact point

Also I sat in a corner all day when I finished with 9 on that event why why silent drifter why

SeqWins
07-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Why I voted NO!

Very valid, thanks for your response and I respect it but it's very obvious why the respect and acceptance from your post compare to others. Your points are very valid. Thanks for the response...

Arizona
07-03-2012, 08:07 AM
Very valid, thanks for your response and I respect it but it's very obvious why the respect and acceptance from your post compare to others. Your points are very valid. Thanks for the response...
Cheers Seq, just wanted to put another side to the argument...and I my opinions were endorsed by flan. What more could anyone ask?;)

bushobama
07-03-2012, 08:37 AM
Time. Is. Money.

manbeast
07-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Why I voted NO!

I see where you are coming from and I understand your point of view, but I completely disagree.

These bonuses should not be given out in crate events. Crate events rely 100% on luck. What kind of strategy is that!? I started playing this game before events. It was strictly a STRATEGY game. What will you upgrade, what will you buy, which nation, camp or dont camp, etc. Now with these game changing bonuses being handed out blindly, players with inferior strategies often get an upper hand.

If you give out bonuses like this in the form of buildings, it takes the game back to its roots in strategy! Everyone can choose to buy the building or not, and upgrade it or not.

I made a whole thread on the topic of luck and game changing bonuses. IDK if you saw it. I really do think crate events go against the basic premise of this game.

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?28552-Events-rely-too-much-on-luck-POLL

And the fact that you won the time reducer should give you an extra incentive for this building. Even if you don't buy gold you can still get enough tapjoy gold for it in a week or 2. Then you will be getting upgrades in like half the time of a person who has neither.

manbeast
07-03-2012, 02:41 PM
i think the poll results would be 90% yes if the price was set at 250.

20% yes if the price is 500
10% yes if the price is 1,000

thats how we got the 50% yes vote :)

bigflan
07-03-2012, 02:49 PM
Manbeast listen it will never be 250 gold it will be a 1000

manbeast
07-03-2012, 05:35 PM
Manbeast listen it will never be 250 gold it will be a 1000

we can argue the price for 100 pages but its a stupid and pointless argument. if they wanna make it cost 1,000 gold then fine. i dont care. i wont be buying it. neither will 99% of users. if they make it reasonable (250 gold) a ton of people will buy it and they'll make more money.

SeqWins
07-03-2012, 05:39 PM
if they make it

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!