PDA

View Full Version : New Event far too One Sided?

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 02:54 PM
Honestly I think the new format is far too one sided to the people who purchase gold. In the time it takes me to get 1 safe i'm passed by people who just earned 3 almost instantly.

I like the style, but for the people who like to play without spending money this is like a kick in the face to most of us. I think there should be a prize for people who purchase gold then a prize for the people who spent none.

Who agrees?

joaquim
07-02-2012, 02:57 PM
What they should do is on the day that the event starts, on the event screen it asks you if you're a free player or a gold buyer. Then the free players and the gold buyers have the same event but different leaderboards so it can be fare for everyone.

Dipstik
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
If you don't think it's fair, spend gold. If you don't want to spend gold, you must not want it all that bad. If you don't want it all that bad, who cares?

I suspect at least a couple hundred free players will get the car. The knuckles SHOULD be out a free player's reach. Can we confine the whining about gold players to one thread at least?

hinofwars
07-02-2012, 03:00 PM
What about the players who got the 10th item will become visable in the leaderboard and they can then compete against each other on the grand prize?

So that free players can have a chance to get the 10th item whereas the gold spender can spend whatever they like to get the grand prize.

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 03:07 PM
I suspect at least a couple hundred free players will get the car. The knuckles SHOULD be out a free player's reach. Can we confine the whining about gold players to one thread at least?

As a free player i can't even get to the car. I keep getting bumped out. Every fail the chip climbs further away. I gave up on the knuckles the second I saw them. I would spend money if I had the money to spend :/

Dipstik
07-02-2012, 03:09 PM
Yeah I started out in the top by 2, fell out of it and was down by 2, now I'm up by 2 again. Streaks happen. Keep plugging away at it and see what happens. If you don't get it, someone else got luckier. Big whoop. But you're NOT just playing against gold players... there are less people pumping gold into this than you think, and the whining is unseemly.

Luciferianism
07-02-2012, 03:10 PM
What's with everyone having the something for nothing mentality? You're probably playing the wrong game. I hear all players are equal in Hello Kitty's Island Adventure. The company has to make money so that the free players can play at all.

Hed
07-02-2012, 03:13 PM
I am still (just) in the top 500 as a non spender, but i don't epect that to last very long..

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 03:35 PM
It's not the something from nothing mentality...and I should probably put in at this point that i've put about 200 gold into this event so far and I'm not even in the top 500.

So.

...yeahh...

Luciferianism
07-02-2012, 03:38 PM
Soo you're a gold spender arguing the event is too one sided for people who spend gold. Rather disproved your own assertion. :)

M00nsh1n3
07-02-2012, 03:40 PM
If you don't think it's fair, spend gold. If you don't want to spend gold, you must not want it all that bad. If you don't want it all that bad, who cares?

+1 completely agree

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 03:40 PM
This is the first event i'm spending gold on. I just couldn't keep up doing free openings, it was ridiculous.

Other than that I don't really buy or spend gold. I've gotten tired of the something from nothing that luck hasn't bestowed upon me.

Dr. Dengus
07-02-2012, 03:41 PM
In the previous events, at least free players were guaranteed 3 free items to add to their arsenal (Ie: 7th item prize not that hard to obtain)....now you have to be lucky as hell to reach the third item as a free player, let alone reach the top 500. I started the KA event right on time, averaged at least 15 opens a day with the middle option, and only ended up on 14 vials. I hope they are just testing the waters with this event style...but I wouldn't be surprised if they stay either...

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 03:43 PM
I like how they reduced the drop rate on the boxes though. Now it doesn't feel like i'm missing out if the event ends and I have 120 in my inventory :)

Dr. Dengus
07-02-2012, 03:50 PM
Lol. Yeah I can blow through 40 stamina and be lucky to find 5 boxes....maybe I'm just in a bad level/ally bracket.

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 03:51 PM
5? That's so many...if I blow through a full 40 stamina then I'm lucky to find 1 from even a fight

The Billionaire
07-02-2012, 03:57 PM
What they should do is on the day that the event starts, on the event screen it asks you if you're a free player or a gold buyer. Then the free players and the gold buyers have the same event but different leaderboards so it can be fare for everyone.

I would lie and say i was a free player. I'm definitely gonna win the event then.

Dr. Dengus
07-02-2012, 03:59 PM
I could be exaggerating.....but that does make me feel better other people are having trouble too. I was hitting the City Bus at the Airport and getting a box about 25 - 30% of the time though.

Johnny70
07-02-2012, 04:05 PM
I like how they reduced the drop rate on the boxes though. Now it doesn't feel like i'm missing out if the event ends and I have 120 in my inventory :)
I'm generally a gold player but am not spending any gold for this event so far because I dont believe I want to spend what it will take to get into the top 50 at the moment I am in the top 500 with 13 chips all with money opens no gold opens and no resets I have 15 safes and can get them easy doing maps but believe the open rate is higher with 15 or less safes I am sure I could have 100 plus right now if I wanted them. I did not start the event on time there was a little over five days on the clock. at the moment it says I need 25 to hit the top 50. if near the end I am close to the top 50 or close to dropping out of the top 500 I may spend a little gold but dont think I will need to to be in top 500.

Dr. Dengus
07-02-2012, 04:46 PM
I believe the cutoff in the KA event for top 500 was in the 21 - 22 range (Saw a screenshot of someone place #374 w/ 22 vials). I'd assume this event will have a slightly larger cutoff..

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Meh. Another 10k.

Awesome seeing as I spend $11,200 to open the box lol.

Eyelusion
07-02-2012, 05:35 PM
I believe the cutoff in the KA event for top 500 was in the 21 - 22 range (Saw a screenshot of someone place #374 w/ 22 vials). I'd assume this event will have a slightly larger cutoff..

I'm betting on 30 for the cutoff

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 05:41 PM
I'm betting on 30 for the cutoff

Remember no using gold for you :P

Eyelusion
07-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Remember no using gold for you :P

I've spent $0 on this one. It's not tempting to spend toward top 50, but if I'm close to getting or falling out of 500 toward the end? Damn you, CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 05:50 PM
I've spent $0 on this one. It's not tempting to spend toward top 50, but if I'm close to getting or falling out of 500 toward the end? Damn you, CC!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Even with a little gold spending over here I can't even get into the top 500 ._.

It just kicks out other random rewards on opens, I have 3 hitman rifles, 3 coats, 6 or 7x 300RP already...it's kicking me in the face.

Dillinja
07-02-2012, 05:58 PM
I was in the top 50 for 2 days and then decided against doing anymore gold on the event.
Looking at maybe a minimum of 5 vaults to stay in the top 50....not worth it for me

Oh btw; we seriously need more threads moaning about the event.

steamboatwilly
07-02-2012, 06:07 PM
This event has been going for 2 days! WTF! I just started the event today at 3pm.
I was around wifi all weekend. Plenty of time to quit and start the game up.
They were finishing an event in KA, so I was bouncing back and forth anyway.

I wonder if it had something to do with the update. I bet that was it because of the format change for the event.

As of now it says i need 8 (total of 12) chips to get into the top 500.

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Oh btw; we seriously need more threads moaning about the event.

Considering I usually don't I feel like it was due.

Steve0
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
All free for me, have 12 chips and not realy trying anymore causes me to level to fast, and concetering that people dont up date there game from the app store that mutch its alot harder to get safes from PVP. They should of said Hey Update to the latest version in the game as a pop up. CCM that ones for you. You could of made alot more money.

mongorie
07-02-2012, 06:33 PM
So much whining on these forums! So much negative energy!
Everyone expects to get everything free... it appears that not many have played free to play asian mmo's at all

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 06:36 PM
it appears that not many have played free to play asian mmo's at all

No not really, I prefer to stick to my FPS games ^^

Sweetheart
07-02-2012, 06:37 PM
only cash opens and TONS of failures. I have seven chips and have been attempting to open boxes every hour. I was hoping to make it to the top 500 but yeah... no luck so far... not complaining just stating the facts.

oh and getting 10k after spending over 12k to open these boxes... is not funny especially after the sixth time

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 06:42 PM
oh and getting 10k after spending over 12k to open these boxes... is not funny especially after the sixth time

Yeah CCM said he was going to talk to the devs today. $10k is a terrible reward xD I'd rather have a fail than a slap in the face. It's not so bad though, at least I make back 95% of the money I put into it. Gotta look on the bright side of things :)

Liquidsky
07-02-2012, 06:42 PM
I would be willing to bet that this event will generate more dollars for Funzio than any previous event. I would also bet that this event will generated that revenue from a smaller number of gold using players than previous events. And my last bet would be that less players (550) will get the high end reward than in previous events (theoretically, everyone had a chance at the high end reward in previous event, not just the top 550).

That is what is wrong with the world today... Everyone is most concerned with short term profits. No one looks to the long term.

Which is better, 50,000 players (the 99%) who buys and spends a little gold, or 550 players (the 1%) who spend a lot of gold. The first is sustainable, the latter is not...

I say we 99%ers start a little revolution.

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 06:43 PM
I say we 99%ers start a little revolution.

That didn't exactly go well at Wall Street :S

Eyelusion
07-02-2012, 06:55 PM
That didn't exactly go well at Wall Street :S

LOL! Feel free to get kicked out of a park you have to live in for months. I promise to watch your 3 minute clip on the news if you can get the entire world to do it. :p

Dipstik
07-02-2012, 07:19 PM
Hippies suck

Philo Beddoe
07-02-2012, 07:52 PM
Hippies suck

amen. id see those losers on the news everyday stinkin up that park and yell at the tv. They should have turned the hoses on them. Instead of crying about the 1% how bout getting a job. lotta good playing drums in a park and smelling like pettuli is doing the rest of 99%.

Steve0
07-02-2012, 08:11 PM
Yeah I am done with this event, going to camp for a while. speen 1850 energy and no drop of safe. Good thing is that no one will get any of my safes and I can sleep well knowing that no real money was spent.