PDA

View Full Version : Pros and cons

CAPT.GIN
07-02-2012, 01:41 PM
I wanted to start this thread to talk about the boss event even though its not over yet. I will be sharing my pros and cons on the event so funzio can see what they did rite and what they did wrong...

Pros:

• it was a great event, I had a lot of fun with it and I'm sure most of you all did.

• it was something new, I'm always glad when something new is added to the game, it makes the game less boring.

• the tank was a amazing prize, and I'm happy they dident put it in a crate or wanted a crazy gold price for it!

• we all got great units and they were all indestructible as well.

• fighting the boss was pretty fun, it reminded me of a old Nintendo game I played while I was younger lol.

• the event helped a lot of us out, with the units good or bad.

Now on to the cons

Cons:

• this event was really set up for lower level players to beat the boss 30 times.

• the rest of us had to use gold to win the tank which was ok with me, but not to a lot of people!

• the timer was flat out was horrible!!! Why not just put two hours on it instead of crazy times!!! Was it to trick people maybe?

• the boss got away to quick!!! Two hours is not fare or enough to beat him!!!

• the drop rate for rare items was horrible!!! Why not increase the rate the more you beat the boss!

• why could the boss kill us in 3 to 4 hits while to took us 3 times that amount of damage to beat him?

• you made everyone guess if it took 30 wins or 50 wins to win the tank!!! Not cool!!!

All in all it was a ok event, it could of been better and more info could of helped us out funzio/gree!!!
I'm going to give this event a 3 out of 5 it could of been a lot better.

P.s. if you guys wanna add more pros and cons go ahead...

magepker
07-02-2012, 01:45 PM
Cons:

• this event was really set up for lower level players to beat the boss 30 times.

not a con. The IPH event was made for higher level players to win, so lower level players needed an event too. its only fair.

Also, 90% of your Con's are just ways for Gree\funzio to make you spend $ on gold, lets face it. they're a company, solely here to make $ and they'll bleed us anyway they can.

CAPT.GIN
07-02-2012, 01:48 PM
Cons:

not a con. The IPH event was made for higher level players to win, so lower level players needed an event too. its only fair.

Also, 90% of your Con's are just ways for Gree\funzio to make you spend $ on gold, lets face it. they're a company, solely here to make $ and they'll bleed us anyway they can.

I agree but that dosent mean the cons can get better...

manbeast
07-02-2012, 02:04 PM
i agree. i love the event

my number 1 con: no consistency!

i believe the bosses should have a set strength depending upon your level. ally count shouldnt matter. atk score shouldnt matter. if my lvl 25 boss has 1 million health, then a lvl 96 player with 4 allies and 1k atk should get that same boss!! he should be punished for having such a small army. Players like poopenshire should have made to at least boss 25 for free.

magepker
07-02-2012, 02:07 PM

i believe the bosses should have a set strength depending upon your level. ally count shouldnt matter. atk score shouldnt matter. if my lvl 25 boss has 1 million health, then a lvl 96 player with 4 allies and 1k atk should get that same boss!! he should be punished for having such a small army. Players like poopenshire should have made to at least boss 25 for free.

that'd be too lopsided.... then the much lower lvl players who just started playing would have no chance. might make them dislike the game, Getting new users to stay is just as important than keeping older users happy.

CAPT.GIN
07-02-2012, 02:07 PM

Yes very true beast I felt the same way...

bigflan
07-02-2012, 02:10 PM
I don't get it I can't beat boss 23 how do I do it I have no idea

CAPT.GIN
07-02-2012, 02:14 PM

It's because you added more allies like I told you to...

Poopenshire
07-02-2012, 02:15 PM
if it wasn't for the early problems i might have given an honest try after the early failures. I was able to get to #10 with such ease, but it was at this point the glitches really hit me hard and continued to do so for atleast 2 days. After that I was just fed up and the cost per hit was just too high. Its nice to see my damage, but to really increase my damage would be very difficult, the last one i was successful on, 10 hits barely did anything and that was boss 11. I also had the hit him and no damage glitch and the regeneration of his health glitch. who knows maybe next time I will do just as well as everyone else.

manbeast
07-02-2012, 02:24 PM
that'd be too lopsided.... then the much lower lvl players who just started playing would have no chance. might make them dislike the game, Getting new users to stay is just as important than keeping older users happy.

how is it against the low lvl players? i'm saying the bosses need to have a set health based upon LEVEL!!

i believe they included ally count and atk strength in the equation for the bosses health which is just wrong

CAPT.GIN
07-02-2012, 02:25 PM

Oh you said can't!!! Lol.... Its gold time flan...

albeezy
07-02-2012, 03:11 PM
Cons:

Actually, the IPH event had a top 500 for levels 100+ and <100 so how was it rigged for higher level players.

Also, because lower level players could refill their energy with a level up it made getting energy without gold easier for lower level players willing to move up a level for each boss. I have to get 9k+ to level up. That is at least 900 attacks if I average 10 exp per attack (900 stamina * 3 minutes = 2700 minutes = 45 hours assuming you don't sleep and stop attacking). Lower level players have a much easier time with leveling up, making the boss easier to beat.

This is not a complaint, just pointing out the flaw in your argument about the IPH event

magepker
07-02-2012, 03:21 PM
Actually, the IPH event had a top 500 for levels 100+ and <100 so how was it rigged for higher level players.

Also, because lower level players could refill their energy with a level up it made getting energy without gold easier for lower level players willing to move up a level for each boss. I have to get 9k+ to level up. That is at least 900 attacks if I average 10 exp per attack (900 stamina * 3 minutes = 2700 minutes = 45 hours assuming you don't sleep and stop attacking). Lower level players have a much easier time with leveling up, making the boss easier to beat.

This is not a complaint, just pointing out the flaw in your argument about the IPH event

ok well you helped prove a point that i made in another thread where every event is geared towards making us pay the maximum amount in gold to win whatever prize and then they don't even give out the rewards in time sometimes.

CAPT.GIN
07-02-2012, 03:25 PM
ok well you helped prove a point that i made in another thread where every event is geared towards making us pay the maximum amount in gold to win whatever prize and then they don't even give out the rewards in time sometimes.

That's life bro... Everything is not perfect.....

albeezy
07-02-2012, 03:30 PM

would agree in part
the crate events in MW up to date have been geared towards having you spend gold if you want to gaurantee the top prize, as McDoc has taught us, you can "buy" the top prize in the crate event if you are willing to spend some gold. However, I have won 3 of those events, the IPH event, and the PVP tourney (#276?) wihtout using any gold

As I posted on another thread, in all of the previous events the prizes are attainable wihtout gold, just at a lower frequency - Spend gold likely to get unit vs. do not spend gold and are not likely to get the unit

That is one problem I have with the crate event that just finished in KA and started in CC, there is absolutely no way to get the top prize (i.e., the top 50 unit) wihtout spending gold. I am okay with that, as long as the other style of crate event (get to 10 parts) still comes up every now and then. I have no problem with gold spenders having better prize units from event than I get. I mean lets face it, if you are willing to buy gold units in the first place you already have better units than I do. It is just nice to have some events where I could win a prize even if I am less likely to win than a paying customer, a la a gold spender.

Warfiend
07-02-2012, 03:33 PM

Gold, level up for an energy reset(you need to time it right), or pump up your forces with stronger units. If you're not going to spend gold on this event and don't have the cash for stronger units, start valor farming. I think I'm on track to pull in 10k in valor a day, but I had a backlog of undone valor missions(I was saving them for the next pvp event, but oh well).

I'm making a lot of new enemies.

CAPT.GIN
07-02-2012, 06:17 PM
This thread can't die yet gree still needs more oppions...