PDA

View Full Version : using jailbreaked ihpone is cheating or not?

watumba
07-02-2012, 09:00 AM
lately, I meet different players using different tricks either to change the number of their weapons or shorten building or upgrading time of their buildings - with a help of jailbreaked iphones.

just curious.. is this a way of cheat in the eyes of funzio? is it punished? cos I have already reported 2 players who have done that and if no action will be taken in 2 days, I will take it as a sign that it's not a cheat and follow the same steps to raise my attack and defense stats.

you can find even their pictures at the entries I've made lately. and I will put more pictures to your enjoyment as a proof how stupid some players (or better to say cheaters) can be..

enahs1
07-02-2012, 09:03 AM
Cheater of Helms and Stormbringer? I saw your post...
Using a jail broken device is a cheat in my eye IMO and I think gree thinks its a cheat whether they do something about it or not... Don't do it either, besides, I thought when Funzio switched to a server sided game that it patched all iFile cheats..?

cookie monster
07-02-2012, 09:07 AM
lately, I meet different players using different tricks either to change the number of their weapons or shorten building or upgrading time of their buildings - with a help of jailbreaked iphones.

just curious.. is this a way of cheat in the eyes of funzio? is it punished? cos I have already reported 2 players who have done that and if no action will be taken in 2 days, I will take it as a sign that it's not a cheat and follow the same steps to raise my attack and defense stats.

you can find even their pictures at the entries I've made lately. and I will put more pictures to your enjoyment as a proof how stupid some players (or better to say cheaters) can be..

Here's a tip, in the future if you are going to break a law do not ask people on the Internet if it is okay to do so.

That one's free by the way. No charge.

watumba
07-02-2012, 09:08 AM
cookie, please.. u r underestimating my intelligence.

enahs1
07-02-2012, 09:09 AM
Here's a tip, in the future if you are going to break a law do not ask people on the Internet if it is okay to do so.

That one's free by the way. No charge.
I also have a question. Where is something illegal in what he said? Thanks

watumba
07-02-2012, 09:11 AM
I have attacked Stormbringer maybe 3 days ago and he did not have any of those weapons. only in 3 days how can u make such a change? or will you say the same things like cold as helmes (for my opinion he is nothing more than cheater of helmes) did: ''You gotta be one of the lower stat players that can't figure out how to get stronger !!! it's called USING MATH AND COMMON SENSE WITH THE WAY YOU PLAY THE GAME... you should give it a try''

watumba
07-02-2012, 09:16 AM
I regularly check all the players I attack or plan to attack (except one.. at lvl 112 against Elvis :P) I know their abilities and even after they make a change, I will realize that. I give funzio few days. I will check the action. If they will take no action, then it means this is not a cheat and anyone who can, can do it. and only then like cheater of helmes said: i will give it a try.

Mastermind
07-02-2012, 09:45 AM
This is clearly cheating, and is the reason why I will not be investing cash into this game.

Dipstik
07-02-2012, 09:57 AM
Ummmm... that depends. Would you be using the jailbroken phone to CHEAT? If so, the answer to your question is yes. If you're using a jailbroken phone and NOT cheating, then I'd assume that there's no problem.

To answer the question that you meant to ask, yes... doing anything to artificially change your game in any way is cheating. That's not even close.

What's the point of this post?

Rhino72
07-02-2012, 10:01 AM
What's the point of this post?

To let us know that he is about to cheat.

Dipstik
07-02-2012, 10:03 AM
Oh... well, carry on then!

cookie monster
07-02-2012, 10:07 AM
I also have a question. Where is something illegal in what he said? Thanks

Jailbreaking a phone isn't illegal?

Babytway
07-02-2012, 10:10 AM
CCMark, posted on this subject before. he said using a jailbroken phone to play CC is not a cheat or cheating. however using the abilities of a jailbroken phone to advance your CC player due to abnormal means is cheating. Now saying that there are players with 3 and 4 of the same building types for months on end and they seem to be doing okay. i still see 4 or 5 player who take huge advantage of money cheat months ago and still seem to be doing business as usual. So its still unsure if cheating is allowable or just one of those grey areas

enahs1
07-02-2012, 10:11 AM
Nope.... It is legal but it voids apple's warranty if we are talking about iphones

watumba
07-02-2012, 10:23 AM
I am not concerned about the apple side of this thing. What I care is the action of funzio. If no action (with that I mean some kind of punishment) then it means it's doable and I will do even better.

Dipstik
07-02-2012, 10:24 AM

It's a violation of Apple's TOS and Warranty, but screwing around with your phone is not a crime.

Nintendo used to claim that game rentals were illegal. Doesn't make it so.

Rhino72
07-02-2012, 10:29 AM
I am not concerned about the apple side of this thing. What I care is the action of funzio. If no action (with that I mean some kind of punishment) then it means it's doable and I will do even better.

Hide the babies and small children because this is the new breed of cheater. This one doesn't hide in the shadows or try and lay low. He is in your face and he will let you know that he will be even better than the past... Keep talking smack watumba and you might be getting a Beta tester invitation soon.

Dipstik
07-02-2012, 10:33 AM
Hide the babies and small children because this is the new breed of cheater. This one doesn't hide in the shadows or try and lay low. He is in your face and he will let you know that he will be even better than the past... Keep talking smack watumba and you might be getting a Beta tester invitation soon.

QFT: The fact that several beta testers are no better than any other glitch abuser should be mentioned around here at least once a week. Many of them are regulars around here and seem to think there's nothing wrong with accumulating tens of thousands of attack/defense points worth of illicit items because they were "testing" the bug they were abusing. Even if funzio isn't going to do anything, they should still be publicly shamed.

Johnny70
07-02-2012, 10:39 AM
the jailbreaking question is mute, is it illegal to alter your data file? yes. is it illegal to try to hack into crime city server? yes. why dont you ask the question you actually want an answer to? "Does funzio\gree ever do anything about all these fuching cheaters?" the answer to that question most of the time saddly seems to be NO.

EDIT: so what you are saying is that "if they let other get away with it then im going to do it too"? Thats even sadder than them not doing anything about it. youre kind of a piece of shlt then arnt you?

sez
07-02-2012, 10:42 AM
My device is not jailbroken, I don't want to void my warranty in-case I ever need to contact support. However I did see a pretty sweet cheat for a jailbroken device but I assumed Gree fixed it. You can change the date and time on your phone, this way you can upgrade/build your buildings instantly. Pretty sweet I think. I'm not endorsing it but still it would be awesome to be able to do that.

Johnny70
07-02-2012, 10:45 AM
Give this some thought... Cheaters never win and Winners never cheat.

sez
07-02-2012, 10:49 AM
Give this some thought... Cheaters never win and Winners never cheat.

lol, I think they have more fun :p Hold on, I took some screen shots of a funny cheater yesterday. Well, I guess he could have "Purchased" in game cash but who does that? really?

sez
07-02-2012, 10:55 AM
lol, I think they have more fun :p Hold on, I took some screen shots of a funny cheater yesterday. Well, I guess he could have "Purchased" in game cash but who does that? really?

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b321/adamsez24/cheat.png

Gaming Will
07-02-2012, 10:59 AM
@sez... That's not cheating he purchased some in game cash... "an amount to be ashamed of".

Lolz.

G Wiz
07-02-2012, 11:06 AM
The means in this game are not important. If one is cheating, its still exactly that. Now What cheating is, can sometimes be debatable.

Server end issues and glitches, known and reported, still classify as a cheat if users engage in them. I had an experience with this and was reset a while back despite my publicizing of it, yet i was just farming away as any user would! Why would I not?

So sometimes it is clear and others not so much. everyone plays on different devices that open up a lot of different possibilities; some of which could not have been forseen.

QPR
07-02-2012, 11:21 AM
Majority of game data sits on the server end so can't see how someone with a jailbroken phone can do anything

Johnny70
07-02-2012, 11:35 AM
Majority of game data sits on the server end so can't see how someone with a jailbroken phone can do anything
actually there is alot that could be manipulated in the data file on your device build times and upgrade times have been mentioned. this happened alot in the beginning and most of those people got reset. Unfortunatly all the cheaters that were banned or reset were when the company was owned by Funzio, since the ownership has changed to Gree it certainly has seemed to change. I have reported cheaters both before and after the transfer of ownership, before the transfer it would take about three days and you would see a big change in the reported persons stats. since right before the transfer and since nothing changes with the reported persons account. we can only hope that this has been caused by the transfer and will soon be back to normal but who knows?

Brooklyn Boy
07-02-2012, 11:43 AM
I reported a cheat last week and they had his account frozen in about 12-15 hours. I was pretty surprised how fast they reacted.

watumba
07-02-2012, 12:21 PM
let's say so.. the cheaters never win but they don't loose at all if funzio is not taking any serious action.

Bea
07-02-2012, 12:42 PM
I read someone saying they could change the price of scratchcards to whatever they wanted.

QPR
07-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I read someone saying they could change the price of scratchcards to whatever they wanted.

I doubt that

Crime City Mark
07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
People talk big. A lot of giant spenders tell people that they're hacking because reasons. It's safe to think someone is shady, but you can't know for sure they're cheating unless you watched them do it. If you watched them do it, why didn't you stop them!?

magebomba318
07-02-2012, 12:54 PM
I have attacked Stormbringer maybe 3 days ago and he did not have any of those weapons. only in 3 days how can u make such a change? or will you say the same things like cold as helmes (for my opinion he is nothing more than cheater of helmes) did: ''You gotta be one of the lower stat players that can't figure out how to get stronger !!! it's called USING MATH AND COMMON SENSE WITH THE WAY YOU PLAY THE GAME... you should give it a try''

How about drop real money and buy these ridiculous scratch offs, duhh. Anyone can change their stats dramatically by spending the moeny they have saved in lunch the past few months without their mommies and daddies knowing, then they go buy an itunes card, then viola, their stats are better... suckers.

Anyways... "You gotta be one of the lower stat players because you do not spend real life, hard earned money on a game that is free, just to keep your stats in par with the other awesome guys who spend more money than I do!!! it's called USING MATH, if I spend more real money, I will be better than you"
^There, I fixed that for you, and all you gold buying scumbags that rag on lower stat people that choose not to feed funzios families. kthxbai

magebomba318
07-02-2012, 01:00 PM
I doubt that

Yea because Mark made sure those digital scratch offs could NOT be tampered with. Anything in this game can be altered with the right amount of skills. This game is so lopsided it is ridiculous anyways, and those dumbass scratch offs are just another way for you grimy ass wannabe's to have the edge on stats by spending real $$$. It reminds me of how Mark gave all those guys n gals Skill Resets back in the day, then realized that wasn't "fair" LOLOL what a joke this is, and those who drop all your real $$, get a hooker or something that will actually "give back" hahhaha

QPR
07-02-2012, 01:05 PM
Yea because Mark made sure those digital scratch offs could NOT be tampered with. Anything in this game can be altered with the right amount of skills. This game is so lopsided it is ridiculous anyways, and those dumbass scratch offs are just another way for you grimy ass wannabe's to have the edge on stats by spending real $$$. It reminds me of how Mark gave all those guys n gals Skill Resets back in the day, then realized that wasn't "fair" LOLOL what a joke this is, and those who drop all your real $$, get a hooker or something that will actually "give back" hahhaha

I find it insulting you calling me American

Please apologise immediately

Gaming Will
07-02-2012, 01:06 PM
get a hooker or something that will actually "give back" hahhaha

What? Hookers give back? Damn I've been getting scammed? Get a life loser.

sez
07-02-2012, 01:14 PM
What? Hookers give back? Damn I've been getting scammed? Get a life loser.

Of coarse they give back........herpes......bwahahah