PDA

View Full Version : Defensive buildings and their effect

Nick-Clark1
07-01-2012, 11:26 PM
Can anybody tell me just how much of an impact it has when defensive buildings are placed around adjacent money buildings? Are we talking major differences or only minor when being raided?
I ask this because I'm going to be doing some kingdom landscaping and I really want to have my defensive buildings (5 of each) and unit buildings on one side and all money buildings on the other (out of range).

I'm Lv.80 with 15080A & 19485D if it matters at all.

Thanks in advance

Hapl0
07-02-2012, 05:20 AM
Some as notice that when they raid a building next to a defensive building the casualty raise, in other words if u want to demoralize a raider to strike often build defenses next to your moneymakers.

P4TR1C14N
07-02-2012, 05:41 AM
- If you get raided: Defense is increased with the values of the surrounding defense buildings which have the attacked building in its range. The increase is the sum of the defense values of the defense buildings.

- If you get attacked: All defense values of all defense building are added up and added to your general defense score. This extra defense amount is not shown on your profile where you're defense score is shown. It's added 'in the back' when you get attacked.

whiterider
07-02-2012, 07:27 AM
When you tap the defense building, than move - you will be shown the defense area as a blue aura - when adj. buildings have the same blue aura as a contour - this means defense is added to them.

I was thinking today if it is important to upgrade defense buildings, I am currently 30lvl and it matters (3483 defense) plus 3x48=144 defense from pit traps (lvl 3) and 5x12=60 defense from arcane towers for example are added to my silos and other adj. buildings. But when your overall defense is 10k or 50k a 100 or 200 more DEF is unsignificant.

I am curious what advanced players have add to this.

The_Red
07-02-2012, 07:39 AM
I am curious what advanced players have add to this.

I think they're pointless - Ive only got defensive buildings because once you run out of the ability to build unit/boost/money buildings it makes sense to buy 5x of these. When you've got A/D >20k - they're sort of a waste of time.

Chups
07-02-2012, 08:15 AM
Level 64 here and they are pointless......unless you have nothing else to build. Wether they help defensively againts money building like silos, I still get to destroy it and take the gold.

whiterider
07-02-2012, 02:28 PM
Thank you for the replies. I had never been hit on my silos or leatherworks or whatever money buildings. Once I was hit on the barracks but thats it. Usually when someone attacks me, I win some money and rarely I hit back.When the defence from towers is 10% from the whole defence (like in the lower levels) than it is worth, but when it is less than 1% you are right, I will upgrade them, only when idle and have nothing else to do - I upgraded the pits because of the quest.

Do you know if following the upgrade city quests, if you win a special unit or artefact? I have had only money and exp from the quests and I hope on the later to have an indestructible power unit :) I am up to Tailor 5 lvl quest. The datasheet says nothing about the further quests.

Vidia
07-02-2012, 02:35 PM
Straight answer: pretty useless when your A/D is over 30K each.

asdfg12345
07-02-2012, 04:24 PM
Your defense is kinda low for your level and the defensive buildings dont help too much

Nick-Clark1
07-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Your defense is kinda low for your level and the defensive buildings dont help too much

My defense is kinda low because my ally count isn't very high, which makes a big difference.
Thanks for the replies everyone

The_Red
07-02-2012, 06:48 PM
My defense is kinda low because my ally count isn't very high, which makes a big difference.
Thanks for the replies everyone

whats the ally count?

Nick-Clark1
07-02-2012, 07:23 PM
whats the ally count?

It's sitting at 155. I have about 235 High Priests. Not sure whether my defense should be higher but I haven't been attacked successfully by anyone for a couple of weeks now (touch wood). All the sharks seemed to have swam off elsewhere

asdfg12345
07-03-2012, 10:02 AM
It's sitting at 155. I have about 235 High Priests. Not sure whether my defense should be higher but I haven't been attacked successfully by anyone for a couple of weeks now (touch wood). All the sharks seemed to have swam off elsewhere
I was attack free for two weeks then suddenly they all came at same time :(