PDA

View Full Version : The Age of Golden Inventories!!

G Wiz
07-01-2012, 06:25 PM
G Wiz here again with another mind picker thread ;)

How do you guys feel about the new sharks being born out there in the big tank? Fight screens show a lot of gold items now that go atleast 3 rows down sometimes! Where do you stack up?

Like Mark said in the past, Crime City will always lend itself to balancing and change because the game is always evolving. With players filling up the one time empty HL brackets, how do you think Funzio will need to proceed in keeping this game fair while making success attainable for all?

What do you think is the next big move?

joaquim
07-01-2012, 06:39 PM
Don't know if this would work or not. The high spenders are always the one on top always buying a lot of gold so why not do something for the free players? How about doubling the amount of gold from Tapjoy that a free player gets.

Luke 3457
07-01-2012, 06:41 PM
You got me on that one bro because I don't think it's possible. Just like real life rich get richer poor get poorer I'm afraid.

Luke 3457
07-01-2012, 06:42 PM
That would help but funzio wants to promote spending not reward people who don't

Eyelusion
07-01-2012, 06:44 PM
No clue. The strong keep getting stronger. The gold buyers keep buying more gold.

One would think the stats would start to even out at the higher levels and become more balanced as time moves on, due to high stat players maxing out with higher end items. But, it seems like there's always more new items out there that GREE is now introducing (i.e. 1,300 attack items in scratchers), event prizes, etc.

So, now we have even stronger players who are getting stronger and gold buyers who are buying even more gold.

Because of this, I don't believe there will ever be balance in Crime City.

LeDude
07-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I really hope they at least consider a stronger fourth tier of Respect items. While it is true that the cap on how strong a player can grow for free MAY encourage some free players to eventually spend on gold, the stronger willed free players may never be willing to do so.

I understand the fact that any business requires revenue and profits to be successful, but if free players were removed from this game it would be nothing more than a contest to see who has the most disposable income, and who is willing to spend the most of it on this one video game.

Free players are necessary because it gives the big spenders targets to rob and beat up as an alternative to directly competing against one another in the spending race. However, not giving free players the ability to grow much stronger past a certain point limits how challenging this game can be for those who choose to spend. The direct repercussion of a lack of challenge is boredom, and boredom leads to "winning" which translates into the termination of one source of revenue after another.

Spending is fine. Asking players to spend is fine. Having every single new addition require a significant amount of spending is a strategy that seems rather self destructive. It provides no further options for the players who play for free (this is, after all, a "free" game), which then slowly removes any real challenge for those who do spend, other than their self imposed limitation on how much they are able or willing to spend.

In my opinion there need to be more free opportunities for growth, which would obviously be available to everyone including spenders. The sources for such opportunities are many, as this game has always shown quite a lot of potential in that area. A stronger tier of Respect items, goal rewards that make the goals worth the time required to complete them, stronger loot obtained via PvP, stronger cash weapons, just to name a few.

Sadly, it feels like most of those options will never even be considered as they do not provide direct sources of new revenue. They do, however, provide plenty of inderect revenue through added challenges that give spenders more incentive to spend. That being said, if 200 levels of experience with this game has taught me anything it would have to be to not expect any new content that is 100% free. That is very unfortunate, but I think it's the bitter truth.

G Wiz
07-01-2012, 08:12 PM
I think its going to become fundamentally important for Funzio to recognize that there has to be something done to keep their existing fanbase which will in turn secure their future revenue.

I get the feeling that they are sometimes scared of this supposed "sacrificed time" compared to the fast revenue boosts that these cash cow events bring in.

Little do they know that they are always favoring the big guys at the expense of their bigger fanbase.

Crime City Mark
07-01-2012, 08:20 PM
Lets say, just hypothetically, that there was a rank of respect items that was on-par with mid-tier gold items. How much respect would that be worth to you?

Euchred
07-01-2012, 08:23 PM
Not sure exactly what you mean by mid tier but I`d pay 2000 respect or 20 million for items with 100 total stat points.

G Wiz
07-01-2012, 08:26 PM
Lets say, just hypothetically, that there was a rank of respect items that was on-par with mid-tier gold items. How much respect would that be worth to you?Anywhere from 1200 to 1500.

I just reached lvl 115...That would be so bugging.

but yes Mark those would be very valuable.

I would also be willing to spend expensive game money on respect leveled items

Dr BoneCrusher
07-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Lets say, just hypothetically, that there was a rank of respect items that was on-par with mid-tier gold items. How much respect would that be worth to you?

5000 to 7500 I think is good. If you could look at the numbers it should be as much as you can make in two days if you where trying.

dhghdd
07-01-2012, 08:42 PM
on't know if this would work or not. The high spenders are always the one on top always buying a lot of gold so why not do something for the free players? How about doubling the amount of gold from Tapjoy that a free player gets.

Ray Ban Occhiali Da Sole (http://www.modelliocchialidavista.net)

G Wiz
07-01-2012, 08:47 PM
5000 to 7500 I think is good. If you could look at the numbers it should be as much as you can make in two days if you where trying.by mid tier we assume that would be, say 60 attk 80 defense? Or more like 94 attack 112 defense?

Crime City Mark
07-01-2012, 08:50 PM
on't know if this would work or not. The high spenders are always the one on top always buying a lot of gold so why not do something for the free players? How about doubling the amount of gold from Tapjoy that a free player gets.

I'm not sure we set that value.

Also, why do you have spam links in your sig? Get rid of that before you get a ban.

Crime City Mark
07-01-2012, 08:51 PM
by mid tier we assume that would be, say 60 attk 80 defense? Or more like 94 attack 112 defense?

I'd have to look at the spreadsheets, but let's say 70/70 for now.

LeDude
07-01-2012, 09:07 PM

As with the existing Respect items, it would of course depend on the item type. Guns would be on the lower/cheaper end, vehicles on the high end, and wishful thinking here, a non-consumable explosive item would easily be at the top/most expensive end.

So let's say 1500 Respect for guns, and around 2500-3000 Respect for an explosive. That would require some serious time, effort, and dedication to accumulate enough respect to afford, which would be not only a reasonable cost, but also one that would give non-spenders a goal to strive for.

Of course it should not be cheap, that wouldn't be challenging enough for free players. However, the amount of respect that can be earned cannot be increased as easily as a player's ability to generate cash or grow an excellent IPH.

Another option that I think would be feasible is "hybrid items" that cost a combination of cash and Respect.

Yet another option would be the ability to upgrade Respect items at a cost of further respect. This would not only enable further growth for free players, but also provide the option to accelerate upgrades using gold, just like the current building upgrade system allows expedited upgrades with gold.

This game has a lot of potential, both in terms of enjoyability and profitability. I know there has to be a balance between the two in terms of what is offered to players, but I think it's clear that enough people are willing to spend to stay competitive. That said, there are also people who are not willing or who cannot afford to spend. Remove those players from the equation and all that is left is a competition in which the winner is determined by who can afford to spend more. Real life is already a lot like that. A game that is simply a microcosm of real life is quite redundant and rather unnecessary.

Paulio
07-01-2012, 09:27 PM
I'm not sure we set that value.

Also, why do you have spam links in your sig? Get rid of that before you get a ban.

He is just spamming himself. You'll see in other threads that he just copies and pastes what other forum members say.

G Wiz
07-01-2012, 09:35 PM
I'd have to look at the spreadsheets, but let's say 70/70 for now.I'd say that falls just on the outside end of exceleros and RPG's, so I'm thinking at 70/70 I'd pay 1500 to 2000 definately

erik
07-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Its great to think you may be looking at new respect items... post level 200? It would sure help to keep the game exciting to have new opportunity to advance in RP items and for those capped and approaching 200 to 250? 300? It would be great to see some new PVP items in there too as it does take something out of PVP when even the police truck doesnt add a couple points to the stats anymore. (PS you nailed the drop rate on it... has taken 86k fights to get 488 of them while pimp lowrider is not a serious rate at all (41))

I think at 200, most existing ways of advancement we have learned to enjoy and value are exhausted. Just as recycling TL has helped folks keep interest, all these would do the same.

Sweetheart
07-01-2012, 10:17 PM
*** good idea *** i would spend over 2k respect points on special item. I think there should be more respect items that are limited just like these gold items. Rare items available for ALL to obtain if they are willing to put in the time and effort to gain respect points ...

* good thread G <3

ashmaeB
07-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow! Thatw as interesting. I think it'll work.

Zendfrim
07-01-2012, 10:25 PM
Hello? in game money items worth buying? Hello?

G Wiz
07-01-2012, 10:30 PM
Hello? in game money items worth buying? Hello?Honestly, this would make my economy so much more meaningful.

I wouldnt mind buying some worthwhile items with in game cash! The last new item added was a tennis racket early on in the levels lol.

Adding even limited edition cash items is a wonderful thought. Maybe converting a gold item to cash even? Sure A gold buyer can buy power, but then so can I with or without a credit card.

I believe true balance can be achieved by making certain items equal on a gold standard and an in game cash standard.

Zendfrim
07-01-2012, 10:38 PM
Indeed my friend, I don't even care if they make it hundreds of millions in price per unit as long as its got good stats in or close to triple digits. this would encourage GRAND hoods.

G Wiz
07-01-2012, 10:42 PM
Indeed my friend, I don't even care if they make it hundreds of millions in price per unit as long as its got good stats in or close to triple digits. this would encourage GRAND hoods.This expands the base of contenders per level as well, not to mention the domino effect it would have in other areas of the game...

Better hoods mean better robs, more reasons to open the game and play/collect...it really sustains itself at that point because everyone is trying to get these good items. Most hoods have shotty economies because they have no drive to attain certain items. If something good does come along, they might just spend gold to get it which does absolutely nothing for the macrosystem.

A player who builds themselves, helps the game!

Zendfrim
07-01-2012, 10:52 PM
Like I said before, I enjoy making money in game the most, and I am willing to sink money from real life into it. I know others that want to as well, but aren't because its somewhat of a dead end. I can only hope Marks presentation goes well on everything mentioned in that other thread.

Swearengen
07-02-2012, 05:02 AM
Mark

RP for a mid tier gold would be awesome but someway to use the in game money for quality weapons or to purchase RP would be the sheet! That way the econ strategy could be useful for something other than just a game within a game to keep you entertained for a few more months before you bail on CC.

Luciferianism
07-02-2012, 05:11 AM
I'd say that falls just on the outside end of exceleros and RPG's, so I'm thinking at 70/70 I'd pay 1500 to 2000 definately

How exactly is 70/70 just on the outside of Exceleros and RPGs? Excelero is 31/17 and costs 1,200... For respect equipment with 70/70 I think it should be 5,000 respect each. That would keep buying gold equipment favourable. A lot of people wouldn't bother buying gold if you could get 70/70 stat respect items relatively easily.

I also think there should be a jet equivalent for each equipment type and if possible something even more expensive and better. With all the events and scratchers, money and respect points and becoming more and more worthless.

Swingle007
07-02-2012, 06:05 AM
How exactly is 70/70 just on the outside of Exceleros and RPGs? Excelero is 31/17 and costs 1,200... For respect equipment with 70/70 I think it should be 5,000 respect each. That would keep buying gold equipment favourable. A lot of people wouldn't bother buying gold if you could get 70/70 stat respect items relatively easily.

I also think there should be a jet equivalent for each equipment type and if possible something even more expensive and better. With all the events and scratchers, money and respect points and becoming more and more worthless.

+1

I'm thinking 4-5k for a 70/70 weapon and closer to 10k respect for something in the triple digits. At least that'd make these newly added thug life goals worth doing for players at or around lvl 200 like myself. No point in attempting them when the current assortment of respect items does nothing for our stats, and xp is worthless as well. :-(

As has been mentioned a million times before, an explosive that can be purchased with respect would ROCK! Even if they cost a lot and didn't last long, at least it would be something for everybody to blow respect points on.

Might be time to raise the mafia total another 100 or so in order to give us some people to outfit with new items, even if it means just a reason to blow respect on another 100 exeleros, chain whips, etc.

BeniBugatti
07-02-2012, 06:27 AM
Hello? in game money items worth buying? Hello?

This sounds like a great idea that should be implemented, until one takes the time to analyze the player base and see just how many people are still cheating and creating insta-cash. At each of the lower levels I've passed through 3/4 of the top statistical players have several billion in-game dollars worth of cash gear that goes beyond what their characters can even apply to an attack.

Then again, with people getting started by cheating cash items the gold crowd will have some fun targets to apply their stamina too (assuming these cheaters ever hit the top bracket).

Spartacus
07-02-2012, 08:33 AM
In game equipment that's actually useful.

Max Power
07-02-2012, 08:54 AM
Lotsa of good ideas here, and the fact that Mark is asking is a good sign.

Mark, Funzio is pissing away a great opportunity if they don't find a way to engage late game players. If you were a magazine, they would be your subscriber base. This game is set up to only attract newstand sales, and doesn't take subscriber loyalty into account.

That means add things and features, other than just gold grab events, to keep the subscriber base high. In the end, I think you will see monetization from it, without damaging the present gold buyer base.

Add something like anything meaningful to purchase with cash late game. As the game sits, we are building economies for economies sake. That's not how you keep people. Having useful items available for cash would make economies beneficial, and that benefits everyone. Economy building would skyrocket. Adding gold buildings as well as cash ones benefits you.

Add better PvP loot drops by level. I just beat a level 200 player and got a nail bat. Why on earth would you guys think that any nail bats at level 200 would be worth anthing at all? You can make em rarer if you want, but RPGs should be dropping at this level.

Add more respect items, including non-consumable explosives. People are getting maxed out.

Add more cool buildings after level 130. There is basically one cash building you can build from there to end game. Dumb. You should not go 40 level gaps with no new buildings to build.

In short, by adding things that are not up front gold spending contests, you make the game better for everybody, including your bottom line.

You have a loyal subscriber base that is starting to wonder why they should stick around, you have a subscriber base that is passionate enough to provide you with priceless consumer feedback in a world where people usually just leave, and you have a great product platform that with some relatively minor changes, would be probably the best app game ever produced.

Use these tools, man. Most companies beg for this and you guys up until now have been mostly blowing it off. You are almost surviving in spite of yourselves. It's right there in front of your nose.

Spartacus
07-02-2012, 08:56 AM

Mark, Funzio is pissing away a great opportunity if they don't find a way to engage late game players. If you were a magazine, they would be your subscriber base. This game is set up to only attract newstand sales, and doesn't take subscriber loyalty into account.

That means add things and features, other than just gold grab events, to keep the subscriber base high. In the end, I think you will see monetization from it, without damaging the present gold buyer base.

Add something like anything meaningful to purchase with cash late game. As the game sits, we are building economies for economies sake. That's not how you keep people. Having useful items available for cash would make economies beneficial, and that benefits everyone. Economy building would skyrocket. Adding gold buildings as well as cash ones benefits you.

Add better PvP loot drops by level. I just beat a level 200 player and got a nail bat. Why on earth would you guys think that any nail bats at level 200 would be worth anthing at all? You can make em rarer if you want, but RPGs should be dropping at this level.

Add more respect items, including non-consumable explosives. People are getting maxed out.

Add more cool buildings after level 130. There is basically one cash building you can build from there to end game. Dumb. You should not go 40 level gaps with no new buildings to build.

In short, by adding things that are not up front gold spending contests, you make the game better for everybody, including your bottom line.

You have a loyal subscriber base that is starting to wonder why they should stick around, you have a subscriber base that is passionate enough to provide you with priceless consumer feedback in a world where people usually just leave, and you have a great product platform that with some relatively minor changes, would be probably the best app game ever produced.

Use these tools, man. Most companies beg for this and you guys up until now have been mostly blowing it off. You are almost surviving in spite of yourselves. It's right there in front of your nose.

+1

Red_Manc
07-02-2012, 09:12 AM
A little off topic from respect items but in keeping with improvements to the game to retain interest... could 'Collections' be implemented as per the facebook version? These run through every area of the game from the cheapest to the most expensive buildings, map areas, pvp, etc. The rewards include fight boosts, respect, cash and decent loot.

erik
07-02-2012, 09:12 AM

Spot on. +2

Yahkin
07-02-2012, 09:48 AM
Bloody hell. I drop 100k RP into Full Combat gear yesterday, and today I read about these hypothetical new RP items.

I would love the ability to sell "old" items back for some reduced price. Those thousands of wrestler masks, nail bats, and boxing shorts have to be worth something at the pawn shop.

Mikecore
07-02-2012, 09:59 AM
Bloody hell. I drop 100k RP into Full Combat gear yesterday, and today I read about these hypothetical new RP items.

I would love the ability to sell "old" items back for some reduced price. Those thousands of wrestler masks, nail bats, and boxing shorts have to be worth something at the pawn shop.

I also need an inventory clean up...

Babytway
07-02-2012, 10:52 AM
hmm i guess i will save some respect now.

G Wiz
07-02-2012, 10:58 AM

Sorry I should have clarified. I meant the bracket with which the exceleros are in, with exceleros being at the beginning and these "hypothetical" items at the end.

5,000 respect though? I suppose that is manageable. Wouldn't mind some more events to increase respect percentages to accomodate that!

also, I don't think poeple would hate the idea of half respect returned on selling those items...kind of like buildings.

sez
07-02-2012, 10:58 AM
Spot on. +2

Nicely written +3

Dreno33
07-02-2012, 11:47 AM
Well, for one, i think its complete bullish!t that android users do not have scratchers. though it is a gamble for good items and that I am NOT an android CC player, it is a big disadvantage to them. keep it equal funzio!

doomnosee
07-02-2012, 12:08 PM

Yes, Yes, Yes and Yes

Eyelusion
07-02-2012, 01:13 PM
Nicely written +3

Agreed! +4

G Wiz
07-02-2012, 01:16 PM
Agreed! +4quintupley noted +5

I saw someone above talking about the lack of android stuff like scratchers. On this one I will give Funzio the benefit of the doubt as the android is a new device with new OS and even now on IOS there are bugs being sorted still!

Plux
07-02-2012, 01:40 PM
Give an inch CC Mark and they take a mile. Nobody is ever happy. Keep up the good work! I'm happy with the game and the hard work the people behind the scenes put into keeping our games, be it CrimeCity, ModernWar or KingdomAge glitch free or as glitch free as any software can be.

The Billionaire
07-02-2012, 01:46 PM
The game has gone too far for balance to be restored between gold spenders and non-gold spenders.

However the gap could be closed a bit with the suggestions in this thread.

We definitely need a lot more equipment that can be purchased with in game cash. I'm talking serious amounts like 10 weapons for each category.

The next level of respect items needs to be thought about to keep the longest serving players entertained.

The only equation i can think of that would come close to restoring balance would be for the rivals list and takes into account the number of gold bars you have purchased.

You can only see players that have purchased 50% more gold bars than you or 50% less gold bars than you, as well as the rules that are already in place.

So if you have purchased 1000 gold bars only people that have purchased between 500 and 1500 gold bars would appear on your rivals list.

This probably wouldn't be possible because it would shorten the rivals list even more and obviously there's no way it would work above level 100.

CC Mark, if possible i'd be interested to know how players there are playing CC in the below brackets.

Level 1 to 50
Level 51 to 100
Level 101 to 150
Level 151 to 200

Plenty of good ideas here guys, keep them coming and we might actually start seeing some chance.

TRAZ
07-02-2012, 03:05 PM
hmmm...i remember the Mossbergs were at 50/50 and got blown to nerfdom...and now you want to introduce a 70/70 item...sigh...here go the rantings again about the game being imbalanced.

G Wiz
07-02-2012, 03:14 PM
hmmm...i remember the Mossbergs were at 50/50 and got blown to nerfdom...and now you want to introduce a 70/70 item...sigh...here go the rantings again about the game being imbalanced.To be fair, that was before events and even before "multi click' was introduced across platform which completely cut a lot of people off from the item.

I think now that the game has grown to this, it seems more fitting to have the mossbergs and M4's now that events give people opportunities to get stronger items.

I wouldn't mind getting a mossberg through thug life, or even some new kind of "rob life" that involves robbing of course

KemoKidd
07-02-2012, 07:00 PM
Well, for one, i think its complete bullish!t that android users do not have scratchers. though it is a gamble for good items and that I am NOT an android CC player, it is a big disadvantage to them. keep it equal funzio!

I never cared about scratchers not being on android until I started a new account. I have no chance against most players because even with them owning one decent weapon from the scratchers boosted their stats way beyond mine. Let alone 2 or 3 free items from them!