PDA

View Full Version : Crash City

LeDude
07-01-2012, 11:26 AM
Does anyone else have their game crashing a lot, or more than normal if you already thought the problem was getting bad?

Conzio, can you please not fix the crash problem? I can almost get my game to crash on command by performing completely normal in-game actions, and I can use that to my advantage so please just leave it alone. It's only a matter of time before I figure out exactly when and why my game is going to crash, and once I do I will gain all kinds of advantages.

Oops, maybe I should have said nothing. Oh well. Keep the crashes coming. :rolleyes:

joaquim
07-01-2012, 11:29 AM
I don't like the game crashes so I don't want them to keep coming. What I do want to keep coming is the rivals list f**k ups.

bryoreo
07-01-2012, 01:15 PM
CC crashes like crazy for me as well, for about the last two weeks. Really no trend or pattern just crashes during just about any normal action

hinofwars
07-01-2012, 01:20 PM
Normally mine crash about 4 times per day. After the update, it is at least 15 times a day.

Chazz CC
07-01-2012, 01:29 PM
I rarely crashed before. Since the leaderboard update, it happens quite a bit when I'm attacking or robbing someone.

DoubleBarrelMob
07-01-2012, 01:38 PM
I rarely crashed before. Since the leaderboard update, it happens quite a bit when I'm attacking or robbing someone.

Same here. Usually when I have $200k lying around while I'm robbing someone's hood.

PawnXIIX
07-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Has anybody else thought that the crashes are a way for the game to ensure that it's properly updated so that way people can't completely abuse glitches like OT for events? This way the game keeps it so that it's always at least been updated with the current happenings within the last few hours...

I've only noticed this because every time I crash there's always a new news feed waiting for me. The last few days I crashed right after the scratchers came online...I don't think it's coincidental.

DoubleBarrelMob
07-01-2012, 01:41 PM
Has anybody else thought that the crashes are a way for the game to ensure that it's properly updated so that way people can't completely abuse glitches like OT for events? This way the game keeps it so that it's always at least been updated with the current happenings within the last few hours...

I've only noticed this because every time I crash there's always a new news feed waiting for me. The last few days I crashed right after the scratchers came online...I don't think it's coincidental.

I was thinking something similar. Every time my game crashes and I log back in I am able to open a safe for free. I noticed this before with other events. I think the crashes are intentional, but their exact purpose I am not sure about.

Steve0
07-01-2012, 03:20 PM
It only last for about 5 min now compaired to 20min befor, Just need it to crash apon opening app then I win.

LeDude
07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
1) Open Crime City
2) Open event page
3) Check leader board
4) Close leader board and event page
5) Attack any rival or do any job
6) Game crashes
7) Open Crime City
8) Energy or stamina spent on the job or PvP that caused the game to crash is still there. So are any gains made from last action before crash, including event boxes, cash, job loot.

Edit: I think they fixed it. The game didn't crash the last time I tried to force a crash. Oh well, looks like people will still have to buy energy "refills" if they're desperate for boxes.

Crime City Mark
07-01-2012, 09:48 PM
Are you submitting your crash logs to support?

PawnXIIX
07-01-2012, 09:50 PM

Would if there were any. How can we view or retrieve them?

LeDude
07-01-2012, 10:03 PM

Am I supposed to? My game already crashed a whole lot and I thought it was just normal. Sh!tty, but normal.

With the new event I found a way to make the game crash at will, but it doesn't seem to work with PvE anymore. I can still do it with PvP though. If you open the game, check the event page and leader board, the game crashes after one or two PvP attacks every single time.

Do I get some free gold for telling support, or do I just get a "thanks for the email" auto-reply???

Steve0
07-01-2012, 10:10 PM
I did a long time ago and all I got was that its apples fault, and you guys were working on it with them. All I know it has gotten worse with each update.

OG Kush
07-02-2012, 01:40 AM
My game crashes like crazy! Jesus Christ. Can't do anything without reloading the game. And I hate the events cause it takes 1000xp to get 1 box. I don't want to level up right now. Come on funzio fix this. The bug fixes updates are just making the game worse!!!

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 01:46 AM
My game crashes like crazy! Jesus Christ. Can't do anything without reloading the game. And I hate the events cause it takes 1000xp to get 1 box. I don't want to level up right now. Come on funzio fix this. The bug fixes updates are just making the game worse!!!

I'm hitting the clothing store in the Arena Plaza and i'm getting a higher drop rate on the boxes than on the Vests that drop...I always have more than 10 in the inventory, and if not then it's odd and then the law of averages takes over and does the rest of the work for me.

AppleMacGuy
07-02-2012, 03:22 AM
Stability on iPhone has been maintained with the 2.4 release but on iPad this is the worst release ever...very unstable. The risk of losing cash during robberies is very high now so you have to make sure that the cash is at least on-hand, i.e. picked up...any that is not will be lost after a crash.

iz360
07-02-2012, 07:42 AM
sent a crash log to support and surprise surprise no response

cwracing
07-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Mine crashes almost nonstop now. My correspondances with support was that it must be a connection issue on my end. Funny that every other app (non funzio), email, internet, etc. seem to connect just fine with no crashes though. But hey I guess my connection issue explains the 100,s-1000,s of other crash complaints I have read since being on this forum.
And yes it has definately gotten worse recently. To the point where I usually just attempt to collect and bank my funds which sometimes takes a few tries, because if I try to rob or do missions it usually crashes before I can collect the loot. Or While I have built up some funds it crashes while trying to bank or spend it and I lose it due to being attacked while trying to log back in.

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 05:42 PM
Mine always seems to crash when there's something that changed in the game. After the scratchers time out, meaning it's time to use them again, the game resets itself and I am able to use the scratcher. Done that 4 days in a row now, and I'm not too big of a fan of coincidence.

LeDude
07-02-2012, 05:54 PM
Mine always seems to crash when there's something that changed in the game. After the scratchers time out, meaning it's time to use them again, the game resets itself and I am able to use the scratcher. Done that 4 days in a row now, and I'm not too big of a fan of coincidence.

I wouldn't rule out the possibility of that being a coincidence. My game hasn't been crashing for scratchers, not even once.

The leader board definitely has some involvement with the crashes for me. If I check the event page everything still functions normally, but if I check the leader board my game will crash after 1 or 2 PvP attempts. Usually immediately after the first but sometimes I can get in a second hit.

If it's a seemingly random crash half the time I will log back in and nothing is different. The other half of the time I will be greeted with the crates page, or the limited items page, or a new story in my news, or a combination of any of those screens.

The leader board does it 100% of the time though.

Maybe it's more stable on an iPhone, I don't have one of those though so I don't know. All my experience is with an iPad2.

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 05:56 PM
Maybe it's more stable on an iPhone, I don't have one of those though so I don't know. All my experience is with an iPad2.

It feels a little more stable on the Ipod and iphone, it doesn't feel like every 5 minutes it's resetting itself. But it does pain me when I get somebody who has hundreds of thousands sitting in the open for robs and it crashes after I rob 10 or more people in a row...gotta hate that :(

LeDude
07-02-2012, 06:02 PM
It feels a little more stable on the Ipod and iphone, it doesn't feel like every 5 minutes it's resetting itself. But it does pain me when I get somebody who has hundreds of thousands sitting in the open for robs and it crashes after I rob 10 or more people in a row...gotta hate that :(

Yeah, absolutely. Something else that I find contributes at least a little to the issue is refreshing the rivals list. Maybe it's a memory leak or something that has more to do with how the app runs on an iPad? If I've refreshed the rivals list more than a few times I usually just close and relaunch the app because I can count on a crash happening soon. I question the memory leak theory though because I don't have to fully shut down the app or my iPad2, I just have to exit the game and log back in.

All of these steps as a precaution to prevent crashing shouldn't be necessary though. No other app I have ever used has had this type of crashing issue.

PawnXIIX
07-02-2012, 06:37 PM
If any other apps crash it's extremely rare and it's usually a one time thing. This is the only app that constantly throws me out. It's like watching bouncers at clubs :P

cwracing
07-02-2012, 06:39 PM
Im on an iphone 3g and it crashes constantly but my sons ipod is a bit more stable. Not a lot though.

Eyelusion
07-02-2012, 06:44 PM
iPhone 4-S crashed once just before the last update and 3 times almost 5 minutes apart right after the update. Since then, no crashing, even after looking at the leader board and doing PvP. That's the only crashing I've ever experience in 8.5 months of everyday play on CC between an iPhone 4 and since my upgrade to iPhone 4-S last December.