PDA

View Full Version : Why are people still buying gold for this game?

Hassleham
07-01-2012, 08:52 AM
If you walk in to a restaurant you expect to be served and treated with respect and within a reasonable amount of time. When you go to the cinema you pay to get in to see a film and you expect to see the FULL film in high quality, not HALF the film with bits missing and a different soundtrack. If you buy something from an online store, you expect to receive your item soon and if there is a problem, you speak to customer support and have the problem solved.

I'm bored of coming up with examples now but IF THESE COMPANIES COULD NOT DO THEIR JOBS PROPERLY AND KEEP THE CUSTOMER HAPPY THEN THEY WOULD NOT STILL BE IN BUSINESS SO WHY SHOULD FUNZIO BE ANY DIFFERENT?!

I actually hope this gets deleted/locked just so that they prove what is more important on their list of priorities.

GOLD BAN FTW.

CAPT.GIN
07-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Well I'm a gold player, and I could really say I don't really have no issues when it comes to funzio... Only bad thing I can say is it takes a long time to get a answer from a ticket you sent it...

SeqWins
07-01-2012, 08:56 AM
Hassleman for the win!

Dreno33
07-01-2012, 09:02 AM
its still hard to recognize you without the queeeeeef name or your previous avatar, haha. but ya, no more gold buying.

TJ I LOVE YOU!!!!

Automaine
07-01-2012, 09:04 AM
I agree fully, they hear us but they don't listen.

Let me explain y I'm upset ok.On the IPH event I never received my elite base defense. I gave them time to put it into my inventory, like most that did receive it. So I come along a thread that is NOT highlighted in any special way or color, like when they talk in forum it's a bright blue. The thread was not at the top of forum, I found it somewhere in the middle, and it basically said that they gave some people the unit and others did not receive it because they mess up and send a ticket to surport for a investigation to get what I won. Now I'm 2days late from the date that Crime City Mark posted the time limit, I still send the ticket NOT being rude to C.J. Asking to please take into consideration of my situation of being late( I'm a $100 a week paying customer mind u) and the same day I get the ticket back saying sorry better luck next time, to myself I said WTF I did not try to open a crate, where is the unit I won? So to me that is so disrespectful as a customer and they just don't give 2 sh!ts on how I feel like I got rob.

So that is y I'm mad, not at any gamers because everyone give me info and surport more than the muti million dollar staff does. Have a beautiful 4th July. I'm done.

Hassleham
07-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah i understand Automaine, i'd be even more angry if i'd spent as much as you and others have.

And it's back now Dreno :D

War Priest
07-01-2012, 09:19 AM
its still hard to recognize you without the queeeeeef name or your previous avatar, haha. but ya, no more gold buying.

TJ I LOVE YOU!!!!

My tar still smokes your tar. :D

War Priest
07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
I agree fully, they hear us but they don't listen.

Let me explain y I'm upset ok.On the IPH event I never received my elite base defense. I gave them time to put it into my inventory, like most that did receive it. So I come along a thread that is NOT highlighted in any special way or color, like when they talk in forum it's a bright blue. The thread was not at the top of forum, I found it somewhere in the middle, and it basically said that they gave some people the unit and others did not receive it because they mess up and send a ticket to surport for a investigation to get what I won. Now I'm 2days late from the date that Crime City Mark posted the time limit, I still send the ticket NOT being rude to C.J. Asking to please take into consideration of my situation of being late( I'm a $100 a week paying customer mind u) and the same day I get the ticket back saying sorry better luck next time, to myself I said WTF I did not try to open a crate, where is the unit I won? So to me that is so disrespectful as a customer and they just don't give 2 sh!ts on how I feel like I got rob.

So that is y I'm mad, not at any gamers because everyone give me info and surport more than the muti million dollar staff does. Have a beautiful 4th July. I'm done.

Are you posting the same thing everywhere? I swear every post I saw from you had Crime City Mark in it.

War Priest
07-01-2012, 09:20 AM
Hassle, I buy gold because maybe they will let me meet L Fizzle on day. :)

CAPT.GIN
07-01-2012, 09:24 AM
Hassle, I buy gold because maybe they will let me meet L Fizzle on day. :)

</3 will it ever happen </3

Automaine
07-01-2012, 09:38 AM
Are you posting the same thing everywhere? I swear every post I saw from you had Crime City Mark in it.

Yes sir, untill they stop hearing me and they listen to me.

War Priest
07-01-2012, 09:43 AM
GOLD BAN FTW.

It's pretty much pointless. Millions play this game, and very few are forum members. If ALL forum members played gold ban, they would probably only see a 1% drop from average income. Not even enough to make a difference.

Warfiend
07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Some people are happy with the game, that's why they're buying gold. I couldn't bring myself to buy gold with this itunes card I got during the last gold sale, even though I had planned on it for months. I have two event prizes with bonuses that don't seem to work and then the new KA event came out and it seems like a sign of things to come for MW.

I'm not calling on anyone else not to spend their money, but these are the reasons I haven't spent mine recently even though I had looked forward to the opportunity for months.

JMC
07-01-2012, 10:00 AM
It's pretty much pointless. Millions play this game, and very few are forum members. If ALL forum members played gold ban, they would probably only see a 1% drop from average income. Not even enough to make a difference.

If all the pirates and other heavy gold players are participating in the gold ban, the revenue drop would be pretty significant. Millions downloaded the game. How many actually play is probably in the tens of thousands. How many have spent even $5-$10 even less. The amount that spent more, again even lower.

These guys make up a small percentage of the player base, but make up a huge portion of the income. Funzio has probably taken in over a million dollars from those few dozen alone.

Dreno33
07-01-2012, 10:08 AM
My tar still smokes your tar. :D

is priesty jealous of my avy??? awwwwww how cute

Tate
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM
Very good points JMC and I really hope that the forum members that agreed to the ban will continue with it. Do you know if some of the heavy gold spenders are continuing the ban? I know that I certainly am and will continue to do so until they fix a lot of the issues we expressed. Has anyone ever heard from CCMark, or anyone else, regarding your suggestions/complaints? I see that that thread is pretty far down the topic lists.

War Priest
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM
is priesty jealous of my avy??? awwwwww how cute

Not at all.

War Priest
07-01-2012, 10:19 AM
If all the pirates and other heavy gold players are participating in the gold ban, the revenue drop would be pretty significant. Millions downloaded the game. How many actually play is probably in the tens of thousands. How many have spent even $5-$10 even less. The amount that spent more, again even lower.

These guys make up a small percentage of the player base, but make up a huge portion of the income. Funzio has probably taken in over a million dollars from those few dozen alone.

Do they even buy gold anymore? I doubt it. What would they use it for?

That's why I found Speed Umps Gold Ban post so funny. He had already spent 10K+ and have more than 2000 gold units. He doesn't need gold anymore.

JMC
07-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Very good points JMC and I really hope that the forum members that agreed to the ban will continue with it. Do you know if some of the heavy gold spenders are continuing the ban? I know that I certainly am and will continue to do so until they fix a lot of the issues we expressed. Has anyone ever heard from CCMark, or anyone else, regarding your suggestions/complaints? I see that that thread is pretty far down the topic lists.

They've gone inactive from the forum lately so i'm not sure if they're continuing their gold ban. Haven't really checked in on them either.

JMC
07-01-2012, 10:21 AM
Do they even buy gold anymore? I doubt it. What would they use it for?

That's why I found Speed Umps Gold Ban post so funny. He had already spent 10K+ and have more than 2000 gold units. He doesn't need gold anymore.

They do. When all their units are gold, they actually do spend tens of thousands to purchase a few hundred stronger units that are valued at 900+ gold. That was a little while ago though, have not checked in on them since the gold ban.

bigflan
07-01-2012, 10:24 AM
I never buy gold anymore due to these outrages events only 1/12 that's not right it just saddens me the greedfor money and I'm keeping mine might spend on GAMELOFT hahahahahhahahahhahahahah rival company makes way better games

War Priest
07-01-2012, 10:25 AM
I never buy gold anymore due to these outrages events only 1/12 that's not right it just saddens me the greedfor money and I'm keeping mine might spend on GAMELOFT hahahahahhahahahhahahahah rival company makes way better games

One day I will be bored with this game and you can have my account.

bigflan
07-01-2012, 10:27 AM
One day I will be bored with this game and you can have my account.Hey add me on GAMELOFT I'm bigflan whenever you see a pro in asphalt 7 who drives a burgatti it's me

Tate
07-01-2012, 10:27 AM
Thanks for the update JMC, and WP, while we all truly appreciate your input, and im really not trying to sound pi**y, sometimes lately it seems to be a little condescending. I was hoping to see if ANYTHING had been heard from Funzio/Gree about the issues. It sounds like NOT, once again....

War Priest
07-01-2012, 10:28 AM
Hey add me on GAMELOFT I'm bigflan whenever you see a pro in asphalt 7 who drives a burgatti it's me

I only play Funzio games.

bigflan
07-01-2012, 10:36 AM
I only play Funzio games.Buy asphalt it's only 99 cents it will be 7 dollars soon great game more fun and no frustration unless you have no skill at games which I understand

War Priest
07-01-2012, 10:38 AM
Buy asphalt it's only 99 cents it will be 7 dollars soon great game more fun and no frustration unless you have no skill at games which I understand

No thanks. I play the Call of Duty's on xbox. Want to challenge me on that?

bigflan
07-01-2012, 10:40 AM
No thanks. I play the Call of Duty's on xbox. Want to challenge me on that?I don't have Xbox live and I don't play anymore it's a noobs game sorry it's the truth and I'm bored of shooting games waiting for black ops 2 yeah flan and buy the game it's fun

War Priest
07-01-2012, 10:42 AM
I don't have Xbox live and I don't play anymore it's a noobs game sorry it's the truth and I'm bored of shooting games waiting for black ops 2 yeah flan and buy the game it's fun

Your probably one of those annoying kids that talks with your cracking voice on it huh? :D

bigflan
07-01-2012, 10:46 AM
Your probably one of those annoying kids that talks with your cracking voice on it huh? :DMy voice is deep its not cracking and I don't use a microphone and I turn off other people voices because they always swear

War Priest
07-01-2012, 10:48 AM
My voice is deep its not cracking and I don't use a microphone and I turn off other people voices because they always swear

Haha, I'm just messing with you. I hate the mic on Xbox. Nobody uses it for the game. They always sing, or play music. A lot of stupid people in the world. Every game I join I have to instanly mute at least 3 people.

bigflan
07-01-2012, 10:52 AM
Haha, I'm just messing with you. I hate the mic on Xbox. Nobody uses it for the game. They always sing, or play music. A lot of stupid people in the world. Every game I join I have to instanly mute at least 3 people.Have you ever played laser tag I did it got 6th place first time playing I just spammed the trigger and stood in a corner and just aimed for their shoulders or I would target my friends who would leave their backs exposed yeah flan

moneybags
07-01-2012, 01:10 PM
Im not a gold player so I have no room to complain!!!! Im good at complaining but I have realized it does not get you far here.

Corsair
07-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Im not a gold player so I have no room to complain!!!! Im good at complaining but I have realized it does not get you far here.It's understandable, they have done some cool stuff, and this latest event was a good idea, just poorly executed, which unfortunately is a repeated pattern. This game is different than any other I've played on the iPad. I started with a lot of the Glu games (if anyone else is familiar with them) but got bored because they didn't expand much, and a couple were impossible to continue without spending real $. This game is challenging, but not impossible, without spending real $. Takes a long term strategy, but that is part of the fun. All these bugs are very frustrating, but I have hope they will eventually get it all straightened out.