PDA

View Full Version : 10 000 gold spend in event per day?!!?

mysteryliner
07-01-2012, 03:54 AM
I'm playing the current event and failing like all the events before.
When looking at the leader board,
I am Just SHOCKED ! ! !
The top leader has 114 chips not even 2 day's in the event.

That would be 20000 to 30000 in GOLD spend. :eek:
Are there really people out there spending $ 1000 to $ 1600 on this????
Are they hackers???

------
My calculations:
Since 100% chance does'nt mean 100% you're getting the chip, but 100% change getting something.
My experience/ guess is that 1 out of 6 time you get the chip. worst case 1 out of 9 to get a chip.

15 G - per event reset
15 G - 100% opening
=
30 G
x 6 (because you only get a chip 1 out of 6 times)
=
180 G
x 114 (the chip count of the top leader)
=
20500 GOLD!!

30700 Gold (1 out of 9 times (worse case))
That would be roughtly $ 1600!!

nytelock
07-01-2012, 04:01 AM
Either that or he is real lucky:p

hinofwars
07-01-2012, 04:02 AM
Either that or he is real lucky:p

I can just say money can buy you luck.

NTM
07-01-2012, 04:07 AM
and what u think ?? people can spend this ? ? no for sure :)

why u think u got only 1 or 2 on the top list ? ? think think !

i'm sure that not a Gold Buyers but just someone from Staff for keep the player in alert :) the player just under spend and bu Golg for Hunt the 1st so..

that just impossible for kevin, and think in game u have staff menber or developper who have the game in her hand :) i'm sure of this 1000% !

Luciferianism
07-01-2012, 04:15 AM
What the hell? You only get a chip one out of every 6 tries?

AppleMacGuy
07-01-2012, 04:31 AM
What the hell? You only get a chip one out of every 6 tries?

No..the OP's calcs are possibly wrong...it's seems the odds are running at 30-35% chance of getting a Computer Chip...that's using gold opens (100% open rate) comparing my own stats with one other player...not exactly a large sample size but it seems about what I'd have expected anyway. So, I'd revise the OP's calcs based on a 30% open rate, i.e. 1 in 3 (probably), or 1 in 4 (worse case).

PS I don't know what the Cash Open rate is for this event so the OP's numbers could be correct if he has factored that it...

TRAZ
07-01-2012, 04:36 AM
Somebody should get ahold of the #1 guy and tell him to stop driving up the price.

What's funny is you get the same prize regardless if you're #1 or #50.

mysteryliner
07-01-2012, 04:42 AM
@Luciferianism: That is roughly what happens on my end 1 out of 6 safes i open is a chip. 5 out of 6 are guns, cash, RP,.....

No..the OP's calcs are wrong...it's seems the odds are running at 30-35% chance of getting a Computer Chip....that's comparing my own stas with one other player...not exactly a large sample size but it seems about what I'd have expected anyway. So, I'd revise the OP's calcs based on a 30% open rate, i.e. 1 in 3 (probably), or 1 in 4 (worse case).

Ok. seems like you have more "luck" than my.
So 1 in 3 would be "only" 10200 Gold or roughly $ 544
& 1 in 4 would be "only" 13680 Gold or roughly $ 729

That's not bad at all. :p

mysteryliner
07-01-2012, 04:47 AM
Somebody should get ahold of the #1 guy and tell him to stop driving up the price.
What's funny is you get the same prize regardless if you're #1 or #50.

The same price, not the same bill ! (if it's indeed a legit player)

Other option:
Some 10-year old who got a tablet from his parents, and they forgot to the "ask password for purchase"
Imagine mommy or daddy getting the credit-card receipt next month!!!
- - - :mad: !!! KEVIN !!! :mad: - - -
(reminds me of the kid from home alone)

Gabbahh
07-01-2012, 05:05 AM
Given how much some have spend on this game 500 - 1000$ does not seem out of order.

I see a lot of familiar names in the top 50.

Got the feeling there is some contest going on between some groups.

Tiger187
07-01-2012, 05:08 AM
1.elec chip
2.fail
3 f
4f
5f
5-20- fail
21 elec
how good is that

mysteryliner
07-01-2012, 05:37 AM
1.elec chip
2.fail
3 f
how good is that

There are no fails when you open the safe with gold.
the 1 in 6 ratio i was referring to only includes the successful attempts.
(when you get cash, or a weapons, a car, RP,...)

----------
on a different note.
i added the total chip count from the top 50 players: 1407
so if your lucky and get a chip 1 in 4
If not like me you get a chip 1 in 6

that means the top 50 spend:
for 1 in 4 chance: 168800 gold or roughly $ 9800 in 2 days
for 1 in 6 chance : 253200 gold or roughly $ 13500 in 2 days

if they keep it up, funzio will earn $ 30000 - $ 40500 (for this 6day event) on just the top 50 players!!!

k0de
07-01-2012, 05:44 AM
@NTM- Are you by chance related to this guy khung who used to be on here? Or did you just have the same English teacher?

Anyway, back on topic...
Yeah, I can't believe that anyone could spend that much on... oh, wait... yes... now I remember- I see this sort of thing all the time. Well, not all the time- only when I'm playing CC, but you get the idea.

Now, if we were living in, say, Soviet Russia- back in the 1950's, then one would have good cause to be surprised by this sort of behaviour. However, having dedicated significant time, energy and resources to studying the matter thoroughly, I've come to the conclusion that we are not in Soviet fcking anything. Though I will say that it's a mad, mad world we live in. For example, you can find some people out there who have plenty of money, while others have very little. Those who have an ample supply of cash have the option of spending whatever extra they have once they've taken care of living expenses, and will at times spend this money on yada yada yada whatever, you get the idea. I got paid two days ago and all I got left is 45 bucks to last me till next Friday. This kevin guy obviously doesn't have the same problem- good for him. Maybe it was his birthday last week and he's got twenty aunts and uncles who each gave him $100 iTunes credit. Or perhaps he steals peoples credit card info. Who knows- he might just have a job that he works really hard at- it doesn't really matter. The point is that it's nothing remarkable just because you can see it happening this time. He probably drops $3k on every event- you just couldn't tell before because the data wasn't available.
Still, I can't see how it can come as a surprise. There are Limited gold weapons costing up to 950g- roughly $75-80 in RM. I won't be buying them, but they're there because someone is. If you can spend $80 in one hit, then why not $80 in twenty hits?

So, let this be a lesson in perspective. What you might call "two weeks pay", someone else may have a different name for.

balax
07-01-2012, 05:48 AM
the odds to get a chip are less than 1/10
i have succesfully oppened (using gold) 20 safes and only 1 chip

SevenO9
07-01-2012, 06:10 AM
the fact that you got 1 out of 20 doesn't really tell anything about the odds. redo your math class please

Acidist
07-01-2012, 06:10 AM
I like this Game, but i have no Chance to win or comin to the 500 leaders.i find it no fair. have the People so much Money or use the People Hacks? can u check it?
1St Place Kevin 113??:confused::confused:
i have played this selve in Kingdom Age and i spended 40 euros, but no chance.Im not rich and i must workin too and i cant play 24h daily.

doomnosee
07-01-2012, 06:17 AM
The big difference between this and all other events before is that this one is an AUCTION. The prizes go to the top bidders (in real money). For example, I 'bid' about 40-50 dollars in KA event and didn't finish in top 500. I am sure there must be rules and regulations about auctions, including independent oversight. Is that the case here? Many of the players in top 50 do indeed look to me like regular players, so that is reassuring.

Mikecore
07-01-2012, 06:36 AM
The big difference between this and all other events before is that this one is an AUCTION. The prizes go to the top bidders (in real money). For example, I 'bid' about 40-50 dollars in KA event and didn't finish in top 500. I am sure there must be rules and regulations about auctions, including independent oversight. Is that the case here? Many of the players in top 50 do indeed look to me like regular players, so that is reassuring.

I did not spend anything on KA...and I feel good...got only 10 vials...

Acidist
07-01-2012, 06:39 AM
i got only 12 vials for 40 euros.

And my Question is: do Funzio controllin People, they playin with Hacks? i will fair Play

balax
07-01-2012, 06:44 AM
the fact that you got 1 out of 20 doesn't really tell anything about the odds. redo your math class please

my math class is better than u can imagine,
i got 1 chip out of 20 opennings (1 out of 21 now) and i said that the odds are worst than 10%.
obviously i made an estimation

Dipstik
07-01-2012, 06:49 AM
I like this Game, but i have no Chance to win or comin to the 500 leaders.i find it no fair

That's so cute I'll leave it alone. :)

Hed
07-01-2012, 06:54 AM
the odds to get a chip are less than 1/10
i have succesfully oppened (using gold) 20 safes and only 1 chip

I have opened five so far, and all have been chips...just in game cash BTW.

SevenO9
07-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Sorry I didn't mean to sound harsh. I was just trying to tell you that 20 samples are simply not enough to make an estimation.

The odds could be 99% and you could still have a row of 20 fails. Likely? Nope. Possible? Absolutely. It is all a about propability. Rolling a dice 6 times doesn't gurantee a 6.

And again the number of samples plays a major role. If only a large enough number of players participate there will be the poor guy with 0/100 and the one with 100/100. While both of them will post here on the forum to whine/brag the thousands sitting right on the median won't and therefore we get a blurred view.

Acidist
07-01-2012, 07:07 AM
That's so cute I'll leave it alone. :)[/QUOTE]

i know, what do u want to tell me and i am still.:cool:
But the only what i want, is fairness and People who playin without Hacks

ShawnBB
07-01-2012, 08:13 AM
It is very likely that funzio staff used some of their test account to purposely drive up the heat.

Top 50 spenders are manipulated and dont even realize that they might be competing with a programmer at funzio.
lol.

doomnosee
07-01-2012, 08:21 AM
I'd be careful what you post publically, but to avoid worries like this for money auction events it would be sensible for Funzio to provide some evidence of independent oversight.

Inzaghi
07-01-2012, 08:25 AM
Watumba was #1 yesterday and he spent 1300 gold to win 20 chips. Now stays only at #28 with 25 chips.
So to stay in top 50 in the first two days, you need to pay at least 1300 gold. A rough estimation shows a total of 3900 gold (1300 gold x 6 days/2 days) is needed in 6 days to win the Diamond Fists. That's more than $250 in real money!
The top1 "kevin" has 113 chips, so he roughly spent 7800 (1300 gold x 113 chips / 20 chips) gold in the first two days. Assume he slows down and just doubles his spendings in the 6-day event, that's $15600 gold which costs $1000 in real money!
2.5 real new ipad2s ($400) for a virtual "Diamond Fists"? People are going crazy!

Canoehead
07-01-2012, 09:04 AM
The top spenders are also refilling energy. The drop rate of the safes seems to be less than 2/1000 energy. In attacks I have been able to get about 1/30 stamina. Not letting my energy or stamina top out since this started, I have only acquired about 50 safes

NTM
07-01-2012, 09:06 AM
@NTM- Are you by chance related to this guy khung who used to be on here? Or did you just have the same English teacher?

Anyway, back on topic...
Yeah, I can't believe that anyone could spend that much on... oh, wait... yes... now I remember- I see this sort of thing all the time. Well, not all the time- only when I'm playing CC, but you get the idea.

Now, if we were living in, say, Soviet Russia- back in the 1950's, then one would have good cause to be surprised by this sort of behaviour. However, having dedicated significant time, energy and resources to studying the matter thoroughly, I've come to the conclusion that we are not in Soviet fcking anything. Though I will say that it's a mad, mad world we live in. For example, you can find some people out there who have plenty of money, while others have very little. Those who have an ample supply of cash have the option of spending whatever extra they have once they've taken care of living expenses, and will at times spend this money on yada yada yada whatever, you get the idea. I got paid two days ago and all I got left is 45 bucks to last me till next Friday. This kevin guy obviously doesn't have the same problem- good for him. Maybe it was his birthday last week and he's got twenty aunts and uncles who each gave him $100 iTunes credit. Or perhaps he steals peoples credit card info. Who knows- he might just have a job that he works really hard at- it doesn't really matter. The point is that it's nothing remarkable just because you can see it happening this time. He probably drops $3k on every event- you just couldn't tell before because the data wasn't available.
Still, I can't see how it can come as a surprise. There are Limited gold weapons costing up to 950g- roughly $75-80 in RM. I won't be buying them, but they're there because someone is. If you can spend $80 in one hit, then why not $80 in twenty hits?

So, let this be a lesson in perspective. What you might call "two weeks pay", someone else may have a different name for.

est ce que tu parle francais ? u speak french ?
no ? so try before try to learn other or give some lesson :)

pwed ? no reality, u don't speak french like many millions on worl, why ? to difficult :)

pwed again roflll !

anyway like u say back on topic

ps: i don't have any teatcher, i have learn in game on 10 years maybe.

Hambone
07-01-2012, 09:57 AM
It is very likely that funzio staff used some of their test account to purposely drive up the heat.

Such a heinously unethical action would have such serious repercussions that it could ruin them. That said, it's unreal the number of chips this kevin has so soon!

in-game j
07-01-2012, 10:03 AM
Such a heinously unethical action would have such serious repercussions that it could ruin them. That said, it's unreal the number of chips this kevin has so soon!

I wouldn't be surprised if Kevin were a developer with the game, or a cheater.
I mean honestly, how stupid can you be to keep spending gold when you already have 100? When it's clearly the top 50 that get the prize. He could probably turn off his phone/ipad for a week and come back still in the top 50.

I mean, he must be doing refill-recharge attempts because I've been using Gold on every attempt, and only have 7.

mysteryliner
07-01-2012, 10:15 AM
The top spenders are also refilling energy. The drop rate of the safes seems to be less than 2/1000 energy. In attacks I have been able to get about 1/30 stamina. Not letting my energy or stamina top out since this started, I have only acquired about 50 safes

Lol, forgot About that, that means he most have gotten between 450 and 675 safes in 2 days time.
(given 1 in 4 or 1 in 6 chance of a chip)
---
Are there any spreadsheets out there to keep track of how many safes you get, the chance of chips, etc. ?

RijilV
07-01-2012, 10:57 AM
not for nuthing but the grand top 50 prize isn't really worth it folks - 10% increase AT? If you have $$,$$$ to drop on this game you don't need anymore AT. Even the top 500 prize is so-so, I'm just hanging in there at like #499 hoping folks don't go crazy with the gold spending.

as for getting safes, I've had 90% drops with Ma Sheng.

hinofwars
07-01-2012, 11:05 AM
not for nuthing but the grand top 50 prize isn't really worth it folks - 10% increase AT? If you have $$,$$$ to drop on this game you don't need anymore AT. Even the top 500 prize is so-so, I'm just hanging in there at like #499 hoping folks don't go crazy with the gold spending.

as for getting safes, I've had 90% drops with Ma Sheng.

I think no-one don't want a 10% increase in att, for example: 10k increase if you have 100k att. That's worth a lot of gold.

Trendsetter811
07-01-2012, 11:08 AM
I am Just SHOCKED ! ! !

Are they hackers???

------
My calculations:
Since 100% chance does'nt mean 100% you're getting the chip, but 100% change getting something.
My experience/ guess is that 1 out of 6 time you get the chip. worst case 1 out of 9 to get a chip.

15 G - per event reset
15 G - 100% opening
=
30 G
=
180 G
=
20500 GOLD!!

Like u said hacker - staff- or the most likely scenario gambling addict don't know why he needs 114 but.. Whatever spend that $$ kev

Fredo
07-01-2012, 11:10 AM
It's really only worth it if you have huge stats to begin with, and it costs more in gold items to raise them an additional 10% compared to the amount of gold you have to spend to get the straight 10% boost with the event item. I guess it also applies to future rewards/drops/purchases too, but you're probably going to have to spend a ton of gold to end up in the top 50, and to me it just isn't worth it.

And the second place item with 10% faster building upgrades? That's worse than the 25% faster upgrades from the d i c e that I already have, and certainly isn't worth using gold. Not even a close call.

hinofwars - but how much money would you have to spend in the first place to get stats that high? A TON. Truly, an absurd amount. And you're probably already among the most powerful 1% in the game at that point, and if you're still getting beat, it is because someone is outspending you and that extra 10% boost will make no damn difference.

While spending in this game is largely irrational behavior, events like these take it to a whole new level. Stated differently, the benefit of the 10% boost and the gold required to have a chance to get the item only matters to those that have already spent a ridiculous amount on the game. For everyone else, it's crazy to pursue.

FINAL EDIT: And this is exactly why this "kevin" player seems fishy to me. I think the biggest spenders in this game are already relatively well known, and a guy no one has ever heard comes out of the woodwork oto drop thousands of dollars in this one event?

Populouspapa
07-01-2012, 11:58 AM
No..the OP's calcs are possibly wrong...it's seems the odds are running at 30-35% chance of getting a Computer Chip...that's using gold opens (100% open rate) comparing my own stats with one other player...not exactly a large sample size but it seems about what I'd have expected anyway. So, I'd revise the OP's calcs based on a 30% open rate, i.e. 1 in 3 (probably), or 1 in 4 (worse case).

PS I don't know what the Cash Open rate is for this event so the OP's numbers could be correct if he has factored that it...

yeah current leader has opened like 380ish boxes and got 110ish boxes so around 1/3

Bugsy
07-01-2012, 12:02 PM
would be nice if kevin would jump on here and let us know what he has actually done

Populouspapa
07-01-2012, 12:14 PM
would be nice if kevin would jump on here and let us know what he has actually done

he opened a lot of boxes ;)

Dipstik
07-01-2012, 12:26 PM
Ten tries, about 5-6 opens, no chips today. *grumble*

hinofwars
07-01-2012, 01:05 PM
12 tries with 3 opens and no chip yet.

mysteryliner
07-01-2012, 01:18 PM
yeah current leader has opened like 380ish boxes and got 110ish boxes so around 1/3

How on earth did you figure out that he opened 380 boxes?
Is your name perhaps Kevin populouspapa? :)

procsyzarc
07-01-2012, 02:27 PM
Not sure if it gets worse later like past event but I'm on 11 so far (top 500 will do for me since I'm not a big gold spender in this game) and if I acually get the box open avaraging about 50% maybe more chane of getting a chip

Dipstik
07-01-2012, 02:37 PM
I finally got a chip on my 12th try for the day. I know I've gotten 3 armor, 3 cash, and one respect, so over 50% open rate.

procsyzarc
07-01-2012, 02:55 PM
Think a lot of people are under estimating just how valuable this item is too big gold spenders and this is why I have avoided spending money on stats since to keep up you need to spend so much.

There are plenty of players with 100k + attack and defence and some as high as 180k so for these players buying this item is a must. Based on 100k stats which there are probably close to 50 people with this adds 10,000 attack. Based on a bloody mayhem 237attack 146 def for 600 gold (I use this one since it is quite a common item for big gold spenders and it is high attack rather than defence since this bonus is an attack one) you would estimate a 200 increase in attack stat (decreasing as the full up on guns)

So for a person with 100,000 attack to increase 10,000 they can buy this item or can buy 50 of these guns at for 30,000 gold, the higher above 100k you go the more it would cost to get the same effect. Currently they would be better off buying the guns since it adds defence as well however since the guns are a static amount of attack as time progress and their stats increase the bonus from the event item continues to increase so over time the value of the fist will be higher.

So although it is hard for non gold spenders to accept spending $2,000.00 to get this item would be quite reasonable for those will very high stats who have already spent thousands on items and will continue to do so.

Dipstik
07-01-2012, 03:01 PM
You can argue that it's extremely valuable based upon the expected change in your attack stats and the gold price of other items in-game, but please don't call it "reasonable" to spend $2000 on this game under any circumstances. You're twisting the word beyond all meaning.

SevenO9
07-01-2012, 03:15 PM
He did not say spending 2k is resonable. He said ist reasonable if you already spent several thousands.

Its you Dipstik who is twisting words :)

Fredo
07-01-2012, 03:18 PM
I disagree. It is not "reasonable" in any objective sense of the word, and it is not a relative term.

For example, by the same logic, if you spent $10,000 on a turd, it would be "reasonable" to spend an extra $1,000 polishing the turd. It's all relative, right?

EDIT: And I realize that for many of you, English is not your first language, but check out the definition of the word.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reasonable

Dipstik
07-01-2012, 03:26 PM
I was only half joking because "reasonable" is a subjective term, but no... even accounting for sunk costs, it's still crazy to sink that extra $2k. I don't care how much money you have to throw around.

SevenO9
07-01-2012, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the link. Let me try to elaborate and bear with me as English as a matter of fact is not my first language.

Lets assume I am in a position where some thousand dollars simply don't matter. Might be hard to imagine but believe me there are people in this comfortable situation. And for the record: I am none of them.

Lets assume I spent several thousands to boost my stats to 100k

Assume further I already accepted that I will spend several thousand more to get additonal 20k.

Now there is this window of opportunity to get an incredible 10% boost by possibly spending less then I already planned.

Isn't is reasonable to pick that opportunity?

Fredo
07-01-2012, 03:50 PM
I understand what you're saying - I think I am just nitpicking semantics. In other words, I'm not being particularly reasonable :)

I think what you mean is that, in light of the massive sunk costs, chipping in that additional amount seems reasonable IN COMPARISON.

But that does not mean the action itself is "reasonable," if that makes sense. I'll stop nitpicking now.

SevenO9
07-01-2012, 03:55 PM
I think it is reasonable to agree with you and put and end to this discussion :-)

procsyzarc
07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I disagree. It is not "reasonable" in any objective sense of the word, and it is not a relative term.

For example, by the same logic, if you spent $10,000 on a turd, it would be "reasonable" to spend an extra $1,000 polishing the turd. It's all relative, right?

EDIT: And I realize that for many of you, English is not your first language, but check out the definition of the word.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reasonable

Of course it would be just because it's not reasonable to you doesn't mean it's not reasonable to someone else. Also if you read you would see I also said continue to spend money and your example is not the same since you are talking about buying something to alter your initial purchase. Here we are talking about buying a commodity (in this case stats in a game) and continuing to spend money on this same commodity which can be done through this item or continued purchases of items

As a less ridiculous example I spent $1200 buying my 1yo daughter the latest ipad in the weekend many have said it is a waste of money to spend on a 1yo, and to them maybe it is but for me I have high enough disposable income I don’t really care about $1200 so giving her some enjoyment, helping her learn and not having to share mine was well worth $1200. However although I have very high disposable income it is not high enough that I consider it reasonable for me to spend $20,000+ on an ipad game, but just because it’s not for me doesn’t mean others don’t consider it reasonable to spend this money and obviously there are a lot who fall into this category.

So if someone considers it reasonable to spend +/- $10,000 on stats and is going to continue to spend money on them then it makes sense to spend up to $2000 on this item. For others who have not spent much and won’t spend this level then obviously it would not be reasonable for them.

kykboxr
07-01-2012, 04:11 PM
There are a few cks in the list and props to applemacguy. What other forum members are in the top 50/500?

LeDude
07-01-2012, 04:17 PM
There are a few cks in the list and props to applemacguy. What other forum members are in the top 50/500?

I'm somewhere in the lower end of the 500. I probably won't finish there though, since my boxes are on an opening-strike today.

Johnny70
07-01-2012, 04:29 PM
so let me see if I understand this correctly, in the past anything that ccm says "will work in the back end" simply doesent work. prime example being attack and defence skill points they dont work and never did. so dont be suprised when you spend all that gold to get that 10% attack boost and there is no evidance of it working ever...

Fredo
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
But you only have a limited and revocable license to play the game, and they can turn it off at any time, so you really aren't buying a commodity. And what you are describing is a classic example of the sunk costs fallacy. Again, however, I get your general point, although I would express it differently.

LeDude
07-01-2012, 04:51 PM
so let me see if I understand this correctly, in the past anything that ccm says "will work in the back end" simply doesent work. prime example being attack and defence skill points they dont work and never did. so dont be suprised when you spend all that gold to get that 10% attack boost and there is no evidance of it working ever...

Actually, since no one ever specified in which "back end" the modifiers work, he could be telling the truth. Maybe it works in the game, maybe everyone who goes crazy spending is just getting shafted in their own back end.

Yahkin
07-01-2012, 06:10 PM
Late to the discussion...but my first 7 opens were computer chips. Definitely getting better than 1/6. Closer to 1/2.

Dipstik
07-01-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm getting almost as many deviant jackets as chips.

ashmaeB
07-01-2012, 10:37 PM
Spending that much is really extravagant. The price of gold in the past couple of years has been shooting up. It has resulted in a veritable gold rush on buying and selling gold. However, customers should be careful as numerous gold frauds have surfaced as a result. Gold buying scams still abound (http://personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/2012/05/31/gold-buying-scams/). Gold is already remarkably valuable and it may skyrocket in the near future. Don’t go anywhere near a buyer unless you know something about his business ethic and make sure you know what you’re talking about.

G Wiz
07-01-2012, 10:49 PM
You know, the player at the number 1 spot should really have a "visit" tab next to their name so things don't remain so easy for them!!!

LeDude
07-02-2012, 12:02 AM
You know, the player at the number 1 spot should really have a "visit" tab next to their name so things don't remain so easy for them!!!

Or at the very least their level should also be listed, since ties are determined by level. If ties a determined by level and the player's levels are not even disclosed, that's not very transparent.

watumba
07-02-2012, 12:28 AM
when u open with gold u have better chance, not 1/6. there are lots of cheaters for money but I don't think they are able to do it with gold.

Populouspapa
07-02-2012, 12:29 AM
Or at the very least their level should also be listed, since ties are determined by level. If ties a determined by level and the player's levels are not even disclosed, that's not very transparent.

Ties determined by lvl? Mind explaining what that means? Both my lowlvl and highlvl has the same leaderboard and its 80+ lvls between me and the current leader

LeDude
07-02-2012, 01:16 AM
Ties determined by lvl? Mind explaining what that means? Both my lowlvl and highlvl has the same leaderboard and its 80+ lvls between me and the current leader

Open the event page and tap the blue circle with the "i" on it. At the very bottom it says "ties are determine by level". This is a pretty vague statement, but it leads me to believe higher level players are given the advantage.

But the leader board does not say which level anyone is at. Since the game allows anyone to have the same name if they decide to choose the same name, it seems necessary for player level to be included as part of the leader board.

Populouspapa
07-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Open the event page and tap the blue circle with the "i" on it. At the very bottom it says "ties are determine by level". This is a pretty vague statement, but it leads me to believe higher level players are given the advantage.

But the leader board does not say which level anyone is at. Since the game allows anyone to have the same name if they decide to choose the same name, it seems necessary for player level to be included as part of the leader board.

Ah ok mIght explain why My highlvl is in the top 500 while My lowlvl doesnt even have 5 yet and have opened more boxes. I think the leader is 120ish and à heavy gold spender.

balax
07-02-2012, 03:08 AM
QUIZ
why somebody like kevin keeps spending money eventhow he 'll be in top 50 for sure?

a) He is very rich
b) He is a great cheater
c) He is stupid
d) write your ideas

about a: even if he is very rich he must stupid too, spending for something he allready got
b: i don't think that a cheater would like for us to asume that he is a cheater.
A cheater must be clever in order to be a succesfull cheater, so he in no cheater for sure

my conclusion is that (lets say it polite) he is not doing something very clever or d)

watumba
07-02-2012, 05:30 AM
cheaters are not clever - at least the ones I met. I will have a quiz too balax. in 20 min. pls check my next post. u'll enjoy a lot ;)

BeniBugatti
07-02-2012, 07:11 AM
QUIZ
why somebody like kevin keeps spending money eventhow he 'll be in top 50 for sure?

You forgot, e) He is a 9 young kid with a credit card connected phone that is payed by his Wall Street dad's accounting firm.

Duncko
07-02-2012, 07:26 AM
You forgot, e) He is a 9 young kid with a credit card connected phone that is payed by his Wall Street dad's accounting firm.

or, f) He simply enjoys acting as a pacemaker so as to remind everyone lacking behind not to rest on their laurels and to keep up constantly... it keeps the excitement going right to the last minute so that people still resting on 35 chips now will start to worry and try to catch up again in case they only end up in the top 500 by the time the event ends.

BeniBugatti
07-02-2012, 08:16 AM
OR perhaps

g) He has watched the terminator movies so many times that he now believes the plot line. In his constructed fantasy world, he believes it is imperative to collect those chips to help keep them out of the hands of Cyberdyne Systems!

I'm fairly sure this is the true reason.

Canoehead
07-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Everyone in the top 50 has to be doing significant timer resets. I have opened about 18 safes per day since Saturday morning, using gold, but I have not reset the timer, and I am not even close to the top 50. My original plan was to stockpile safes but only open once an hour until the last day and then decide whether it was worth it to start resetting. I now see that I will be so far behind by then, that the cost of catching up will be out of my league. Assuming one chip for five opens, which is about what I've been averaging after the first 8, the cost with resets in a closing flurry will be about 150 gold per chip. I'm a gold spender, but I try to be smart about it. Oxymoron? I think at this point the smart play is to forget about the top 50, because I can probably stay in the top 500 by opening with cash from here on in

Luciferianism
07-02-2012, 05:04 PM
I feel a combination of sorry and pity for the people slogging their guts out in the slots of ranks 40 through 60. They must be sweating about and feeling compelled to shovel over more money to secure their place in the top 50.

Eyelusion
07-02-2012, 05:40 PM
I feel a combination of sorry and pity for the people slogging their guts out in the slots of ranks 40 through 60. They must be sweating about and feeling compelled to shovel over more money to secure their place in the top 50.

Same feeling for them. I bet it's like "If I just buy 1 more vault, I'll lock it in" *2 days later* "Just one more vault..."

Rhino72
07-02-2012, 06:12 PM
Same feeling for them. I bet it's like "If I just buy 1 more vault, I'll lock it in" *2 days later* "Just one more vault..."

Sorry and pity? I am actually having more fun with this event than most of he others. Boxes are pretty tough to come by and if you don't open them up you run the risk of getting them taken. I am guessing most people in the top 50 understand what the cost would be to increase mafia attack by 10%. If you are lucky enough the cost should be a fraction of what it would take on a per item basis.

I am sure you and Satan don't really feel much sorry and pity. You feel duped because you used a vault of gold and couldn't get the event prize last time around. Now you are rebelling against the crime city system and saying how bad you feel for others. Come on? As for satan's rationale who knows but we know it is impossible for the devil to feel sorry and pity.

Dillinja
07-02-2012, 06:23 PM
Hey rhino, as I've dropped out from the leaderboard and not doing he event.
I got a few boxes if you need....

Dipstik
07-02-2012, 06:28 PM
Spending that much is really extravagant. The price of gold in the past couple of years has been shooting up. It has resulted in a veritable gold rush on buying and selling gold. However, customers should be careful as numerous gold frauds have surfaced as a result. Gold buying scams still abound (http://personalmoneynetwork.com/moneyblog/2012/05/31/gold-buying-scams/). Gold is already remarkably valuable and it may skyrocket in the near future. Don’t go anywhere near a buyer unless you know something about his business ethic and make sure you know what you’re talking about.

Spambots are getting good

Rhino72
07-02-2012, 06:30 PM
Hey rhino, as I've dropped out from the leaderboard and not doing he event.
I got a few boxes if you need....

Please delete this and pm me... :-)

Thanks that is very kind of you. That leader board has clearly put a target on every name on that list. Boxes are at a huge premium. I have no clue how the people with 70 + have been able to find that many let alone open up a chip.

Eyelusion
07-02-2012, 06:32 PM
Sorry and pity? I am actually having more fun with this event than most of he others. Boxes are pretty tough to come by and if you don't open them up you run the risk of getting them taken. I am guessing most people in the top 50 understand what the cost would be to increase mafia attack by 10%. If you are lucky enough the cost should be a fraction of what it would take on a per item basis.

I am sure you and Satan don't really feel much sorry and pity. You feel duped because you used a vault of gold and couldn't get the event prize last time around. Now you are rebelling against the crime city system and saying how bad you feel for others. Come on? As for satan's rationale who knows but we know it is impossible for the devil to feel sorry and pity.

Maybe because I feel sorry and pity for myself when I spend on something, only to find out I have to spend twice as much, later on, to actually get it.

I'm not rebelling, I'm just not spending. There's a big difference.

Consider me an "Independent" spender. I'm not a free player, yet I'm not spending on this one.

procsyzarc
07-02-2012, 07:18 PM

Think the price is going to go up a lot and will be a tough time for those who are in the top 100.

Lets assume there is 100 people really going for the top 50 who have each spent at least $300. If they see they are $100 short what will they do? Spend another $100 or kiss the $300 good bye and leave with nothing.... Chances are they are going to keep spending to ensure they get the item, now if there are 100 people doing this 50 are going to miss out but I would imagine it will be very hard for people to give up after spending a fair amount and walk away so the price will rocket.

This is why I bailed out before the start since I know my nature once I started going for this I would not stop untill I got it and that could easily end up being $1000+ much more content to get the top 500 for $0-100

Rhino72
07-02-2012, 07:34 PM
Almost halfway done and it will definitely be go big or go home! I have created more lasting rivalries during this event which will be good fuel for the future. Fun stuff (I wish it was ending soon...)

NTM
07-02-2012, 10:47 PM
hard event ^^ not for opening box but u need to spend RL realy lol.. actualy i'm on top 500 but open many box.... i think i can hit the top 500, but 50 ^^ need to go RL BANK for make a credit ? subprime ? lol...

i need 19 for reach top 50 ^:p

Trendsetter811
07-03-2012, 06:38 PM
I am Just SHOCKED ! ! !

Are they hackers???

------
My calculations:

15 G - per event reset
15 G - 100% opening
=
30 G
=
180 G
=
20500 GOLD!!

Most of them r it's called a iTunes gift card code generator I've read all about em - basically generates a random code to redeem $$ in the iTunes store - wish I had one so I could spend 10000 gold it's ****!ng ridiculous!!

NTM
07-04-2012, 12:51 AM
they buy Gold with credit card steal, don't search...

a day FBI make the same like megaupload for Funzio...

Populouspapa
07-04-2012, 06:37 AM
Most of them r it's called a iTunes gift card code generator I've read all about em - basically generates a random code to redeem $$ in the iTunes store - wish I had one so I could spend 10000 gold it's ****!ng ridiculous!!

I thought that was fixed months ago...

Eyelusion
07-04-2012, 07:38 AM

Wat chu talk'n bout, Willis?

DenZ1
07-04-2012, 09:07 AM
Almost halfway done and it will definitely be go big or go home! I have created more lasting rivalries during this event which will be good fuel for the future. Fun stuff (I wish it was ending soon...)

Sorry Rhino, don't mean to be too sarcastic, but...
Still having fun at just 2 chips away from last spot with over 1 1/2 day of spending to go?

This event is no fun at all.

Edit: It's even on par with last spot now... things are getting out of hands.. Conzio rubbing their hands now :)

TRAZ
07-04-2012, 09:17 AM
Rhino, how much did you actually spend in gold?

mysteryliner
07-05-2012, 10:55 AM
I kinda believe gold defies the whole purpose of the game?
The point of the game is... to play the game; get money by jobs, buildings, fights, etc. and use that money to get better.
Instead, some people open a lvl1 account. take out their credit card spend a ridiculous amount, and jump right past all the good stuff.

Like going to the cinema,
ask for the manager.
and ask him: how much money will it take to skip all the way to the ending credits!! :p

Rhino72
07-05-2012, 11:07 AM
Sorry Rhino, don't mean to be too sarcastic, but...
Still having fun at just 2 chips away from last spot with over 1 1/2 day of spending to go?

This event is no fun at all.

Edit: It's even on par with last spot now... things are getting out of hands.. Conzio rubbing their hands now :)

Sorry didn't see this until now:

Yeah that was tough yesterday being away from my Ipad for 18 holes of golf and then I had to attend a massive July 4th celebration with fireworks and no WiFi connection. I will make up for it today though don't you worry.

Traz are you asking how much gold I have spent on this event or how much money I have spent Life to date on gold?

mysteryliner
07-05-2012, 11:46 PM
Did anyone follow the final hours of the event?
were there last minute snipers/bidding
what was the final chip-count for the the top?
thx, was sleeping, so couldn't see the list. :o

Populouspapa
07-06-2012, 12:22 AM
Think bombartin or whatever won with 154 and Kevin placed second with 152