PDA

View Full Version : Stopping by and noticed something.

Dreno33
07-01-2012, 02:04 AM
It's pretty funny how MANY, if not MOST, forum members who play KA now are all campers, haha! I wonder what it'll be like for you all when you stop camping and start leveling together.

Idk much about KA considering I don't play, but would love to hear some cool facts, details, interesting things about KA that I don't know.

Peace out, logging onto my CC for collecting, then off to MW(: I'll check back on this thread from time to time to see for some cool posts.

Euchred
07-01-2012, 06:36 AM
I never camped although I'm considering dropping allies to get out of the shark pool. Unit consumption while defending is very annoying.

Joe Brown1
07-01-2012, 06:38 AM
What do you need to drop your allies to to get out of the shark pool?

Euchred
07-01-2012, 06:41 AM
What do you need to drop your allies to to get out of the shark pool?

The idea is that if I drop allies someone at level 150 with 500 allies won't see me on their rivals list if I have 100 allies.

Winstrol
07-01-2012, 08:16 AM
The idea is that if I drop allies someone at level 150 with 500 allies won't see me on their rivals list if I have 100 allies.
Dropping allies wont help you , we will still get ya :cool:

The_Red
07-01-2012, 10:03 AM

I notice a sizable difference between 400 allies and 230 where I currently am; at 400 I had dozens of 100k/100k attackers - since I downsized 0.

Euchred
07-01-2012, 10:18 AM

I'm no small fry the only way I get beat is by big gem spenders.

d_nickels
07-01-2012, 03:59 PM
I would not say most people or even most forum members are campers at all. There are a few vocal ones on the forums, but this is a minority.

IMHO, camping actually hurts you some in this game. Yes, camping lets you get your buildings up relative to your level or relative to your competition, but that only gives you a minor advantage. If you camp, you miss out on all the loot and gold you would've gotten from killing stuff. That makes a much bigger difference than getting a few buildings up before you level.

Staying low level also makes you get weaker rewards from all these events if you are even able to participate in them at all as a camper. You have to kill stuff to participate in the events I've seen so far and that can screw up a good camping strategy.

I say level up fast and as long as you use a good strategy of buying good units and hitting mobs with good drop returns you'll be way stronger than any camper ever could be.

About the number of allies not making you good shark bait, I think thats because the high level guys are all doing the pvp quests that require you hit opponents with large armies so they don't care about you if you drop well below max allies.

Freekizh
07-01-2012, 05:09 PM
@d nickels

I thought all the prizes for the vial event was the same for everybody?

Max Power
07-01-2012, 06:49 PM
I dunno, dabbling in this game I am having a hard time seeing the value of PvP. Quite often you lose more than you gain in attacking others, even in a win, just like MW. I don't see the point of that. I pretty much just do missions and build economy and mostly get left alone with max mob for my level.

Completely different vibe than in CC, where PvP always nets you gain when you win.

Freekizh
07-01-2012, 07:02 PM
I dunno, dabbling in this game I am having a hard time seeing the value of PvP. Quite often you lose more than you gain in attacking others, even in a win, just like MW. I don't see the point of that. I pretty much just do missions and build economy and mostly get left alone with max mob for my level.

Completely different vibe than in CC, where PvP always nets you gain when you win.

This is the biggest problem/conundrum I am having at the moment..as deciding whether you are going to PvP or just build has huge implications in your strategy. So far i have to agree with you as PvP has very limited benefits for the average player unless you have a clear edge like the hydra or honor unit, or massive loot. I have completely frozen my army while still trying to work this decision out!

asdfg12345
07-01-2012, 07:41 PM
This is the biggest problem/conundrum I am having at the moment..as deciding whether you are going to PvP or just build has huge implications in your strategy. So far i have to agree with you as PvP has very limited benefits for the average player unless you have a clear edge like the hydra or honor unit, or massive loot. I have completely frozen my army while still trying to work this decision out!
Yea, there is very little reward in pvp. Most people who play into the higher levels know to vault their money and the ones with vast amount of unvaulted money, no one can touch because they are heavy gem users.

Addyman
07-02-2012, 04:09 AM
One benefit of PVP is by doing the Tournament Quests, you can earn decent amounts of Honour Points whcih means you can by HP loot. I'm getting around 150 to 200 HP per tournament I complete and use this to buy cannons which are a nice unit when you look at the stats.

Lord Moore
07-02-2012, 05:11 PM
Yea, there is very little reward in pvp. Most people who play into the higher levels know to vault their money and the ones with vast amount of unvaulted money, no one can touch because they are heavy gem users.

I'm at L30 have over 2,000 raids with just 2 losses... I've netted about 1m in gold....so far.

MaverickMunkey
07-02-2012, 07:25 PM
I'm at L30 have over 2,000 raids with just 2 losses... I've netted about 1m in gold....so far.

Where the hell do you find that much money? I'm lucky if I can hit someone up for 5k!

ShawnBB
07-02-2012, 09:17 PM

How about build a 7000 IpH kingdom and make some easy money by just clicking :)
The massive lost for raiding or attacking at high allie high level makes nobody being aggressive(not talking to gem players)

Max Power, welcome to KA:). You've always been a wise veteran at CC forum.
Yes, this vital casualty difference makes PvP in KA not so good, worst in MW(pvp always net loss)
Especially when KA has a much stronger pve system, PvP is just hurting your growth and becoming a minor option.

Lord Moore
07-03-2012, 08:13 AM
How about build a 7000 IpH kingdom and make some easy money by just clicking :)
The massive lost for raiding or attacking at high allie high level makes nobody being aggressive(not talking to gem players)

But I'm not at a high level, yet. PvE causes you to level too fast with little gold accumulation. PvP is a concern for me at the higher levels....unless they change their casualty loss model before I get there I will likely quit playing the game as PvE is boring IMO.