PDA

View Full Version : What a joke.

Maximus2012
06-30-2012, 12:13 PM
What a joke this boss update is. Was it not tested? It does not even work properly. What a waste of my time and money.

The boss must looking at a different clock than me.

War Priest
06-30-2012, 12:21 PM
If you would have read the update page, you would know that you only have 2 hours to defeat him despite the time you see shown.

Jp lfs
06-30-2012, 12:32 PM
What about the forum members who have not checked in today because of the storms last night?

Or the 90% (or more) of the game players who don't even know about the forums?

Even after reading all of the info and tips and guides that are available here if you are willing to sort through them, there are still major glitches that make this a difficult or even impossible goal to achieve for some. The screwy timer is not the only issue, although it is the only one that has been addressed so far.

War Priest
06-30-2012, 12:35 PM
Or the 90% (or more) of the game players who don't even know about the forums?

You have your opinion but mine is, that's their fault. In the help it says to visit the forums for help and tips...

Lordsloss
06-30-2012, 12:56 PM
Quit complaining. Are you not getting free indestructible units?

Fazhang
06-30-2012, 01:05 PM
"is the boss looking at a different clock" Lmfao! Hahahahah

HGF69
06-30-2012, 01:17 PM
What boss update? Where do I find him?

War Priest
06-30-2012, 01:18 PM
What boss update? Where do I find him?

You trigger them buy doing any pvp or pve action. You may need to download the update in the appstore first.

Hellstorm
06-30-2012, 01:28 PM
This event doesnt work... The boss escaped twice before the two hours were over, twice he regained his full energy after closing the app and in one case I didnt receive a unit. I am sure I am not the only one with these issues.

Automaine
06-30-2012, 02:02 PM
This is a joke!!! And there laughing all the way to the bank with your money.

War Priest
06-30-2012, 02:11 PM
You DON'T need to spend gold on medpacks. If you do you chose so. Same with the other events. You can get to 10 by spending gold but most choose not too. Don't really know how many people are using medkits.

andymac106
06-30-2012, 02:26 PM
In order to avoid the boss glitching out, set your time to PST. It worked for me

Automaine
06-30-2012, 03:07 PM
Somebody has just told a lie.

Tctiger
06-30-2012, 03:18 PM
You can get 10 in special event as free player , not everytime though , the boss I think you have to spend gold so that is the difference . Just have to see what other events are like I just hope this is not the way they are going . There are issues with this event like the timer which messed me up at start not to mention missing a day as dodnt lnow about update and it is really annoying waisting 4 hours on a boss as well as not being able to raid or attack when recharging for 2 hours . Good fun at the start but a bit of a grind now , I'm off to play zombies.

Tctiger
06-30-2012, 03:35 PM
Also stats are wrong went up 1k no difference in that fight or the next boss , the number in red was less than my stats every time , must also be an invisible boost for cash as not a higher number in red . Also 30% ground unit attack boost not included . So few issues there . Just done upgrade I wanted and found level 8 nano so happy days .

Thunder Child
06-30-2012, 03:43 PM
You have your opinion but mine is, that's their fault. In the help it says to visit the forums for help and tips...I have to agree with JP.... The timer issue is outrageous. As someone who visits the Forum, I am one of the lucky ones. Thousands and thousands won't, and very few of those will use the 'help' option. It's certainly not their 'fault' WP! Having read most of your posts over the past months, I'm surprised with your attitude on this point. Clearly, the game is broken, and the timer issue is a major factor. It misinforms, misdirects and sets up completely unrealistic expectations. If your role as a Beta tester means you have to sacrifice the truth, then I would politely suggest you either decline any further testing in the future OR refrain from comments such as this.

War Priest
06-30-2012, 03:45 PM
TC, either way, we get better units since we know the tips, and they don't. "They" are my rivals and of course I don't want them winning this tank and such.

Thunder Child
06-30-2012, 04:00 PM
TC, either way, we get better units since we know the tips, and they don't. "They" are my rivals and of course I don't want them winning this tank and such.Totally agree that we - a lot of players - are getting some nice indestructibles. I have reached Boss 13 and know that's as far as I can go and want to go with the event. I am very used to these events and know that apart from some luck which takes a small number of free players all the way, for the remainder it's really about gold. I have no problem at all with that, since I am very happy going as far as I can in any event either on the free or cash options. I am also used to some crappy mechanics and shocking communication from Funzio. Here we have another example with the timer which will undoubtedly be frustrating very, very, very large numbers of people who don't even know about this Forum, and it can NEVER be said to be their 'fault'. Personally, I no longer care about grand prizes, whether gold is required, spent, hacked or collected from Tapjoy, etc., but here as in any real war, the first casualty is often truth, and the truth is the game is broken. Seeing you defend the assertion that it is not by laying responsibility at the feet of the games's players in such a careless way is disappointing.

Poopenshire
06-30-2012, 04:29 PM
I am afriad WP that you are undenieably biased in this. You beta tested this and therefore should have seen these issues, and if not there is either a reason why you didn't or your game has been modified in order to beta test that makes you "immune" to certain glitches. The last time I beta tested for my friends company we were explicitly instructed to test the systems and the programs, as well that our programs were modified to run in a different runtime environment. There are some confounding issues here and I agree with TC this is beyond a major mistake, this is a royal screw up. Who knows maybe your game is modified due to beta testing that you simply don't and will not have the same problems as the rest of us.

Automaine
06-30-2012, 04:47 PM
I agree with poop and TC, they are trying to hard to make gamers spend money and not put any effort into the quality of the game and the value of the customers.

And no disrespect War Priest come back to earth, I know u are a very smart person but the last couple of days u have been acting like a new York crack head, like u get high off of talking down on others.

Poopenshire
06-30-2012, 04:54 PM
I do wish to add that what I said is not criticism of WP but of the game and it's mechanics. I fully believe that as a tester WP's game or profile were modified in a manner that his system was immune from the glitches or ran in a different server from us. I mean really he is in the same time zone as me and should have seen the time discrepancy from the beginning. If the timer was showing two hours all along for him but everyone else was getting a false time then we have an issue. As well the failed fights, the early leaving (under one hour) and the regeneration should have been seen.

Poopenshire
06-30-2012, 04:54 PM
I agree with poop and TC, they are trying to hard to make gamers spend money and not put any effort into the quality of the game and the value of the customers.

And no disrespect War Priest come back to earth, I know u are a very smart person but the last couple of days u have been acting like a new York crack head, like u get high off of talking down on others.
I always love to see someone say they agree with poop!

bigflan
06-30-2012, 04:57 PM
This event sucks never want to see it again this type of event is catered to lower level players

Tctiger
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
I didn't even know you tested it wp , doesn't look to good when i look on the forum and you the tester have the tank and are up to level 30 something when I don't even know there is an update or boss . Not saying you cheated just it doesn't look right posting all that when you have tested it wouldn't have thought funzio would like that either . Especially when you have just said about you basically happy about you having it while others struggle with a faulty event. It is faulty just stop and think about people putting real money into it thinking they have 10 hours ect . I repeat I'm not saying you cheated , and it may have tested ok but it is not ok for everyone else ,yet again something has gone wrong big time and after the improvements thread this is a bit of a let down .

Poopenshire
06-30-2012, 04:59 PM
I love the idea of this type event. I had a great time until the issues were found. I mean I really like Modern War as well. Mark, if you read this we will do anything to help make this game better. I am not a gamer but I really like it. I wish I had the funds to spend On it like others but I don't.

Poopenshire
06-30-2012, 05:01 PM
I didn't even know you tested it wp , doesn't look to good when i look on the forum and you the tester have the tank and are up to level 30 something when I don't even know there is an update or boss . Not saying you cheated just it doesn't look right posting all that when you have tested it wouldn't have thought funzio would like that either . Especially when you have just said about you basically happy about you having it while others struggle with a faulty event. It is faulty just stop and think about people putting real money into it thinking they have 10 hours ect . I repeat I'm not saying you cheated , and it may have tested ok but it is not ok for everyone else ,yet again something has gone wrong big time and after the improvements thread this is a bit of a let down .

It's by far not WP's fault or issue. He did as was asked of him. The issue is the game. Please focus on that.

War Priest
06-30-2012, 05:04 PM

WTF are you talking about? I spend more money than most people on the forum. 3,000 gold and never got 10, 3,000 gold and still never got ten, 3,000 gold and finally got ten. I share losing gold just like everybody else.

iViper
06-30-2012, 05:09 PM
"It by far not WP's fault or issue. He did as was asked of him. The issue is the game. Please focus on that. "

I have to agree with Poopenshire.
The event is fine for a lot of people and that's good but for the others it's very frustrating and annoying.
WP tested the game and it worked fine in Beta for him. However something isn't right in the final release.
Not WP's fault.
I would love to get some rare items, or even some more common ones but now seem to be stuck at level8.
I've reset my phone to PDT (PST) and am going to follow Corsairs advice to see if that fixes it up.
I'm not holding my breath though!
It's a great event and I hope it gets fixed and presented again.
Viper

War Priest
06-30-2012, 05:15 PM
How about we all not mention my name so I don't get into trouble for something I didn't do? :rolleyes:

Automaine
06-30-2012, 05:29 PM
This event sucks never want to see it again this type of event is catered to lower level players

That is right BigFlan u hit it on the head. On my 2nd account witch is fairly new I'm on level 17 boss with ease. The other account is taking time and tap joy gold haven't defeated level 9 boss, this event is for the birds.

Tctiger
06-30-2012, 05:39 PM
I ment if I was running funzio and had been having all the problems in general and made an announcement about big improvements , the last thing I would want is a tester of the event saying he had one before people even know there is an event on , then when people are saying about all the problems it kind of backfires a bit. Why couldn't someone from funzio test it anyway. The point about the gold was the other event a free player can get lucky and get the main prize but with this event it sounds like you can't unless you spend gold, I prefer having a chance even 1% is better than 0% . I know you can pick up units that will go out your army higher up but if you can't win big one no excitement . It is always gold player has 1 view free player has another it would be nice to meet halfway so both types of player are happy. I don't agree with spending 3k gold and not winning either especially when free players have won it for free , why not just have an option to buy it for gold if you don't win for free or game cash . Same event for everyone and gold players guaranteed unit for the gold spent .

negotiator
06-30-2012, 05:41 PM
I just locked up on number 10, they just shoot at each other and nothing happens. Now what?

War Priest
06-30-2012, 05:43 PM
I just locked up on number 10, they just shoot at each other and nothing happens. Now what?

That means that the time expired. Watch, you'll close out, log back in and he will be gone.

Agent Orange
06-30-2012, 05:44 PM
It's sad to see yet another good idea circling around the bowl due to bad programming or perhaps bad testing. Doesn't Funzio listen to it's beta testers? That is what they are supposed to do, test the upcoming product..... So either we have a very bad communications disconnect or for some reason their beta testing group isn't broad enough or big enough to weed out these problems before the event goes mainstream.

Or the flip side, your damned if you do and damned if you don't so perhaps the devs are trying too frantically to try and please everyone and in their haste this is the end result?

It really is a pity, MW was a really neat game but with each new addition and failure it's really loosing it's shine.

Sigmanu00
06-30-2012, 05:46 PM
I can tell you it doesn't last 2 hours. It doesn't even last one hour before it resets. I would greatly appreciate if you would enlighten us how you all plan to correct this. I spent gold and the event does not work.

War Priest
06-30-2012, 05:49 PM
It really is a pity, MW was a really neat game but with each new addition and failure it's really loosing it's shine.

Also, them putting game changers in events I believe is wearing it down also. Something like 2 buildings at once should be a gold item for purchase that way everybody can have it if they buy it. I know your free AO and don't know if you feel the same about that but ever since any of the events started I think it's value has been going down.

I think they should remove the bonuses out of events and just make it so you win a powerful unit.

Maverick50727
06-30-2012, 05:50 PM
TC, either way, we get better units since we know the tips, and they don't. "They" are my rivals and of course I don't want them winning this tank and such.
That is the problem with the forum WP. Forum members should be advertising the forum every time they get a chance. I direct my rivals here all the time. I for one want a fair fight, strategy and challenge in my games. I'm with Thunder Child. Your responses recently surprise me for someone who put a lot of work into a spreadsheet to share. What is the point if people don't know about the forum to see it?

War Priest
06-30-2012, 05:55 PM
That is the problem with the forum WP. Forum members should be advertising the forum every time they get a chance. I direct my rivals here all the time. I for one want a fair fight, strategy and challenge in my games. I'm with Thunder Child. Your responses recently surprise me for someone who put a lot of work into a spreadsheet to share. What is the point if people don't know about the forum to see it?

I don't work for Funzio so don't feel I should have to advertise. Heck, I only wear plain T-shirts with no logos because I don't believe in buying a shirt to advertise. Same with car dealership logo's, that's a whole different story though, but one of my biggest pet peeves.

Funzio advertises it's forums in the help section. Honestly, I feel it is THEIR fault for not taking them up on it. When I read go to the forums for tips and help, I jumped on it.

People seeing my spreadsheet and people owning powerful units are two different things. Them looking at a spreadsheet doesn't beat me in a fight. It is similar to telling your enemy to go to this certain spot to pick up great weapons for when we fight later.

I want my allies (forum friends) to have powerful units, yes. Not my rivals.

negotiator
06-30-2012, 05:56 PM
That means that the time expired. Watch, you'll close out, log back in and he will be gone.

Thanks now I am a little embarrassed. I admit I wasn't paying that close of attention to the time but seems like it was a fast two hours.

Thanks anyway

Fifth Reich
06-30-2012, 06:17 PM
I think people are starting to forget the whole idea of the game. It's MODERN WAR and should be a war game. Now its more like a "buy 999999 sea scouts to have good defense and ditch ground units" game or a "try to open a wooden crate with a knife and get units" game. That is NOTHING related to war. When I started the game I thought I would have an army divided into armies, divisions, battilions, and Brigrades etc. I could have a navy with battle fleets with 2 aircraft carriers, 160 planes, 3 cruisers, 4 destroyers, 5 frigates, and 3 submarines. A normal real-life tank brigrade has 60 tanks and a MW tank costs 750,000. A real-life tank costs 3-7 million. A MW carrier costs 5,400,000. A real-life carrier (Nimitz class) costs 4 billion. WTF THIS GAME IS MESSED UP AND CAN'T BE FIXED.

Automaine
06-30-2012, 07:35 PM
U r completely right Fifth Reich. It was a cool game at the start, now it's becoming sour.

Q Raider
06-30-2012, 08:23 PM
[QUOTE=War Priest;307009]That means that the time expired. Watch, you'll close out, log back in and he will be gone.[/QUOTE

Not necessarily WP, had that happen on the first attack which was within 10-15 seconds of the screen opening.
Also had the phantom shooters with the bars and one or both combatants missing.

Pace
06-30-2012, 08:52 PM

You don't win the contest, if in winning, you lose the respect of your competitors. Do you feel like you won if the people you beat complain and allege you cheated? I want them to know I beat them; even helped them and still whooped um.

I still suck right now; but that's my goal.

Crime City Mark
06-30-2012, 09:49 PM
You're right. This was totally on our hands to test, and we missed it. I'd like to apologize to everyone having trouble with this. We're working to fix things so that it won't happen again.

CAPT.GIN
06-30-2012, 10:03 PM
You're right. This was totally on our hands to test, and we missed it. I'd like to apologize to everyone having trouble with this. We're working to fix things so that it won't happen again.

It's ok cc mark it wasent your fault...

spectra
06-30-2012, 10:21 PM

Mark I have a couple of questions
1- is the HP of the boss relative to the level of the player?
2- Is the game set up, so that player have to use gold in order after the boss hits lv-15?
this because I am lv-137 with Stat of 52k Attack, which when I hit the boss with the cash option it takes 48,959 each hit, at lv-15 I had to hit him 17 times to kill him , that is 832,303 life points. WFT is wrong with that, which is why question 3
3- when you created the event, did you assume or average that at lv 136 and above people has 70k A/D stats?, Even George with over 100k attack, is having problems to kill the boss

PS: I have notice for sure that in at least 3 ocassiom when I hit the boss, even though it said damaged 48,959, the energy bar DID NOT MOVE
I like the game, but with the 2 current events (KA and MW) I am very concern about the future of the games, it is giving GREE short-term high revenues, at the expense of hurting loyal customer and player, by making the event GEM/GOLD oriented in order to achieve the top prize, (I know I am one of many probably to send you the idea back in January that one of the event bonus could be the ability to upgrade 2 buildings at once, but never thought it would be at such high cost for us.
I am not blaming you or your team whom I hold in high respect, I/we know you are just following GREE marketing strategy to recuperate the investment made by the purchase of Funzio, but in the end, I think this will end up hurting them and your team, is players feeling frustrated, cheated/scammed out of their gems/gold, stop purchasing.
I for one, do not know if I will purchase more, and if I do, it will be for special events like the regular we know and feel the chances to get the top prize are somewhat fair.
Cheers

Crime City Mark
06-30-2012, 10:22 PM
Mark I have a couple of questions
1- is the HP of the boss relative to the level of the player?
2- Is the game set up, so that player have to use gold in order after the boss hits lv-15?
this because I am lv-137 with Stat of 52k Attack, which when I hit the boss with the cash option it takes 48,959 each hit, at lv-15 I had to hit him 17 times to kill him , that is 832,303 life points. WFT is wrong with that, which is why question 3
3- when you created the event, did you assume or average that at lv 136 and above people has 70k A/D stats?, Even George with over 100k attack, is having problems to kill the boss

PS: I have notice for sure that in at least 3 ocassiom when I hit the boss, even though it said damaged 48,959, the energy bar DID NOT MOVE
I like the game, but with the 2 current events (KA and MW) I am very concern about the future of the games, it is giving GREE short-term high revenues, at the expense of hurting loyal customer and player, by making the event GEM/GOLD oriented in order to achieve the top prize, (I know I am one of many probably to send you the idea back in January that one of the event bonus could be the ability to upgrade 2 buildings at once, but never thought it would be at such high cost for us.
I am not blaming you or your team whom I hold in high respect, I/we know you are just following GREE marketing strategy to recuperate the investment made by the purchase of Funzio, but in the end, I think this will end up hurting them and your team, is players feeling frustrated, cheated/scammed out of their gems/gold, stop purchasing.
I for one, do not know if I will purchase more, and if I do, it will be for special events like the regular we know and feel the chances to get the top prize are somewhat fair.
Cheers

1) Nope.
2) I wouldn't say that.
3) Can't really go into the design intent.

Thunder Child
06-30-2012, 10:36 PM
You're right. This was totally on our hands to test, and we missed it. I'd like to apologize to everyone having trouble with this. We're working to fix things so that it won't happen again.An apology is fine and well, Mark, but to be honest it doesn't make up for the time, effort, cost (real and in-game money) and sheer frustration. Until I wised up and stopped participating in the Boss attacks, I spend millions of in-game money and more importantly deviated from my strategy understanding I had hours to put the guy to bed. In my case there is no loss of real money (I suspect others have) but I have certainly wasted time, which I don't appreciate, and it has badly affected my strategy, in terms of leveling faster than I had planned and soaking up funds I would've used elsewhere. So thank you for the apology, but since this is not the first time a badly executed event has messed us up, how about making a concrete gesture and crediting every player with something in some meaningful way? Thanks for reading this and other comments, BTW.

Corsair
06-30-2012, 11:05 PM
Also, them putting game changers in events I believe is wearing it down also. Something like 2 buildings at once should be a gold item for purchase that way everybody can have it if they buy it. I know your free AO and don't know if you feel the same about that but ever since any of the events started I think it's value has been going down.P

I think they should remove the bonuses out of events and just make it so you win a powerful unit.Well sure, make it so only gold players get the boosts then, right? That sounds good to you but not most of the rest of us.

BTW, I am the same re: t-shirt logos and dealership stickers. I make them take them off when I buy a car. Big pet peeve.

Poopenshire
07-01-2012, 06:54 AM
Remember guys your support people are not your programmers they are front line people who have to deal with us whinning and crying all day. The people who nerfed are the programmers and engineers.

Corsair
07-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Remember guys your support people are not your programmers they are front line people who have to deal with us whinning and crying all day. The people who nerfed are the programmers and engineers.This needs to be restated again for emphasis. Though I would add that management is responsible for making sure a proper development and release methodology is in place and is followed. Devs tend to avoid things like documentation and formal testing if they can. Not all, but many.

Automaine
07-01-2012, 08:51 AM
Who really knows who is who they say? Just because people say something dose not mean its the truth. I don't trust a company that don't value it's customers. So everyone is suspect from the surport staff that would not respect my ticket, to the management that only care about how much money they can stuff into their pockets. And the engineers that refuse to have the programs tested before puting them out to use. So yes I'm upset at funzio/gree as a whole company, and another thing is that they never gave me anything free I paid for all mine 3 times over with real money.

Let me explain y I'm upset ok.On the IPH event I never received my elite base defense. I gave them time to put it into my inventory, like most that did receive it. So I come along a thread that is NOT highlighted in any special way or color, like when they talk in forum it's a bright blue. The thread was not at the top of forum, I found it somewhere in the middle, and it basically said that they gave some people the unit and others did not receive it because they mess up and send a ticket to surport for a investigation to get what I won. Now I'm 2days late from the date that Crime City Mark posted the time limit, I still send the ticket NOT being rude to C.J. Asking to please take into consideration of my situation of being late( I'm a $100 a week paying customer mind u) and the same day I get the ticket back saying sorry better luck next time, to myself I said WTF I did not try to open a crate, where is the unit I won? So to me that is so disrespectful as a customer and they just don't give 2 sh!ts on how I feel like I got rob.

So that is y I'm mad, not at any gamers because everyone give me info and surport more than the muti million dollar staff does. Have a beautiful 4th July. I'm done.

Corsair
07-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Yeah we get it Automaine, you don't need to spam the board. Quit and come back in a month and maybe all the problems will be solved. I agree it sounds like you, and others, got screwed on the EBD unit. But it does nothing to complain here about it. Make a decision and move on one way or the other.

Agent Orange
07-01-2012, 09:44 AM
Also, them putting game changers in events I believe is wearing it down also. Something like 2 buildings at once should be a gold item for purchase that way everybody can have it if they buy it. I know your free AO and don't know if you feel the same about that but ever since any of the events started I think it's value has been going down.

I think they should remove the bonuses out of events and just make it so you win a powerful unit.

I did buy some gold a while back on the second event but they are turning up way too frequently and with summer and the number of outdoor projects.... But I would not buy gold now because it does not help you with the events.

This latest event attacking bosses might have been ok if it worked but it's turned into another frustrating experience. Personally what I would do is take out the timers in other words make this is a permanent challenge and not time limited but of course make the thing a more long term project and perhaps kill the ability to race through it buying gold. There are plenty of other cash grabs in the game so much so that I have to wonder if those buying gold are reaching the saturation point and if that happens everything is going to go boom.

Automaine
07-01-2012, 09:51 AM
Yeah we get it Automaine, you don't need to spam the board. Quit and come back in a month and maybe all the problems will be solved. I agree it sounds like you, and others, got screwed on the EBD unit. But it does nothing to complain here about it. Make a decision and move on one way or the other.

1st off dude I'm not complaining its called expressing my feelings of being robed.
2nd its not spamming because it's less than 1% of the threads.
3rd I don't have problem with any gamers but it seems to me u want problems with me and if u don't like it don't read it, this is where I let people know the real stuff that others sugar coat by brown nose in staff.
You can always kick rocks.

Cantgetright
07-01-2012, 01:12 PM
With the events that give indestructible items and the chances of winning the odds are now most will have a certin of number of "gold" items that were paid for or indestructible by winning events, does this change the Crate Buying that was issued before by the Calculator Wiz (female) forgot her name.Sorry.. Now there are bonuses for buying all the sale items to get a free high powered weapon on top of the ones you get for events, does this mean that the Gold buyers that buy the huge items 500-950+ is the only way to have the advantage now? Does this change your outlook on crate buying? Would like to know your opinion...

Corsair
07-01-2012, 02:13 PM
1st off dude I'm not complaining its called expressing my feelings of being robed.
2nd its not spamming because it's less than 1% of the threads.
3rd I don't have problem with any gamers but it seems to me u want problems with me and if u don't like it don't read it, this is where I let people know the real stuff that others sugar coat by brown nose in staff.
You can always kick rocks.What you did fits the definition of complaining and spamming. Many have the same opinion as you do, but no one else is dragging up stuff from 2 weeks ago and copy/pasting it everywhere. I don't have a problem with you except for this, and if you don't spam again I won't say another word. I don't hear much brown nosing going on around here, there are a lot of vocal complaints on current events, but once something is over it's time to move on.

Tctiger
07-01-2012, 03:20 PM
This event has been too much work for me with my little kids around i keep getting distracted , if you are a free player and have a life this is a nightmare , trying to open a box every hour was hard enough :)

Populouspapa
07-01-2012, 03:21 PM
This event doesnt work... The boss escaped twice before the two hours were over, twice he regained his full energy after closing the app and in one case I didnt receive a unit. I am sure I am not the only one with these issues.

I got the same issue, funzios response was. Boss escapes after 2 hours.. very helpful..

Corsair
07-01-2012, 04:09 PM
This event has been too much work for me with my little kids around i keep getting distracted , if you are a free player and have a life this is a nightmare , trying to open a box every hour was hard enough :)Gah! So it was you who jinxed me! :D lol Just had the same thing happen to me, and missed my timer notice. Using the timer app is the only way I can keep up with it.

BTW, sent you an ally request, Tctiger.

Art of War
07-01-2012, 04:43 PM
I did buy some gold a while back on the second event but they are turning up way too frequently and with summer and the number of outdoor projects.... But I would not buy gold now because it does not help you with the events.

This latest event attacking bosses might have been ok if it worked but it's turned into another frustrating experience. Personally what I would do is take out the timers in other words make this is a permanent challenge and not time limited but of course make the thing a more long term project and perhaps kill the ability to race through it buying gold. There are plenty of other cash grabs in the game so much so that I have to wonder if those buying gold are reaching the saturation point and if that happens everything is going to go boom.

I have to agree.
As I've stated earlier I have stats that are better than average for my level and allies.
I've spent millions of in game cash to buy the best attack units I can. I've added a number of allies, which I didn't want to do. I've even used timers to try and maximise the number of attacks I can perform in the two hour window.
All of this taken into account and I still can't get past boss ten!

The frustration grows when you see posters of much lower levels and allies that are well into the 20s.

It is becoming clear that for whatever reason, certain players with certain inventories cannot succeed in this event without spending large amounts of gold.

I would either like to see some of Agent Oranges ideas implemented, or every single participant awarded with the main prize. Even if this were to occur I would still be missing out on 20 odd indestructible units (some of which are powerful by themselves).

stricker
07-01-2012, 04:51 PM
It is becoming clear that for whatever reason, certain players with certain inventories cannot succeed in this event without spending large amounts of gold.

AoW... are you suggesting that there may be a built in game mechanics bias toward free players???

Poopenshire
07-01-2012, 05:08 PM
Yes he is and there is plenty of evidence to support that

Tctiger
07-02-2012, 03:00 AM
Ye like buying units with cash not working, I went up 1k in attack and no difference ! Event not working just buy gold lol

Tctiger
07-02-2012, 03:06 AM
Corsair I will add you now tony is my game name.

Smudge
07-02-2012, 03:09 AM
Ye like buying units with cash not working, I went up 1k in attack and no difference ! Event not working just buy gold lol

I have A118k and D128k, I cannot get past level 16 and thats with using gold, it will cost a fortune in gold purchase to beat this boss. When I use gold to hit him it hardly damage him.

Fedup
07-02-2012, 05:18 AM
Hiya,

I have tried 4x to defeat boss number 9

am at level 116 and he takes 10-11 hits with cash at 100,000 a pop, thats a million every 2 hours and he cant be defeated without gold. I had to spend gold to beat earlier ones but was shocked that a 20 bar gold mega attack actually didn't do that much damage, it would take 3 - 4 hits of gold to kill this guy.

you die or retreat, its 24 mins b4 you can attack again but ur lucky if your regen your health by a 1/3 in that time, which only gives you one more hit. a medipack refill doesnt even give enough to kill him.

2 hours isnt long enough when the health regen is so slow.

I even spent millions on buying strong units to no effect. millions spent on a warlord I can't defeat and money I spent on gold that never got me or won me a thing.

one boss manages to flee the next action you do in the game triggers the boss once more, only with a new boss you dont get a full regen of health either, so you are starting another attack in the 2 hour time without even full health.

You would have to spend an obscene amount of money on gold to complete this event. As with other events and in game bonuses and such, they are geared for those players who have bottomless pockets. This game is now pretty much unplayable for your average Joe bloggs who is willing to spend some money because they like the game, but also have budgets, with families and life basically.

the game upgrades take far too long, replacing lost units from frequent attacks is an expensive business despite having a level 5 infirmary and level 5 gold defence building, am losing units that are supossed to be low or medium at an astounding rate and I haven't even fought anyone.

I can no longer compete in the ranking system either due to the high level unit loss vs amount of battle points achieved.

I can no longer do valor missions because the rate of loss of valour units is far higher that the rate of valor points awarded doing the missions.

1 player attacked me and i lost 4 million worth of units.

If I happen to go on holiday for 2 weeks then I will come back to total annihilation. there is not even the option of dropping out of the radar of the game while away, sick or in hospital or otherwise, where you cant pick up money or upgrade fight or be attacked in that period.

there are simply too many issues that need to be addressed that is falling on deaf ears. I for one am pretty miffed that the money i have spent on this game is total and utter waste as the game day by day is unplayable and am unlikely to be able to continue much longer.