PDA

View Full Version : Why people get carried away with spending on events

Carlos,
06-30-2012, 11:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=axrywDP9Ii0

Dipstik
06-30-2012, 11:50 AM
A video on dopamine? So essentially "because it makes them feel good" is the answer to your question?

Second Comming
06-30-2012, 11:53 AM
Hmmm, funzio should send Dopamine tablets to each player to enhance their profits.

ShawnBB
06-30-2012, 12:03 PM
So 50% chance risk of a task produces the most dopamine?

G Wiz
06-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Psychologically speaking...

The fear of losing something is stronger than the thought of gaining something. It is always more bleak in humans minds when something is lost. The word lost signifies that it is something 'needed'. Every free thing is a gain in this game which is very perplexing that people have such a strong need to have these items. Maybe its because they know others will possibly get the item which does bring it back full circle to losing out.

hmmm

outbackhat
06-30-2012, 01:15 PM
Psychologically speaking...

The fear of losing something is stronger than the thought of gaining something. It is always more bleak in humans minds when something is lost. The word lost signifies that it is something 'needed'. Every free thing is a gain in this game which is very perplexing that people have such a strong need to have these items. Maybe its because they know others will possibly get the item which does bring it back full circle to losing out.
hmmm

It has been shown in studies people have a greater tendency want others not to have things(money) and will sacrifice their own things to keep them from having. Same might apply here. I know I think of it as if I have it there is less chance of my rival having it.

<3 Hz
06-30-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm convinced there are people here that have enough money to make Bill Gates and Warren Buffet look poor.

Members of the Rothchilds I guess?

http://tobefree.wordpress.com/2010/05/10/the-rothschilds-world-kingpins-worth-500-trillion-they-own-reuters-ap-and-fix-the-price-of-gold%E2%80%A6/