PDA

View Full Version : Defence Buildings

Olly1
06-30-2012, 09:46 AM
I bought all the defence buildings I can for my level but most are still at level one. At best I imagine they add 100 in my stats, which means I'll be getting the 50 or what ever in the actual defence. My defence is already very high for my level and I haven't lost anything in many weeks so is there any point in me keeping them? They're getting in my way!

I've been trying to check out some of my HL allies to see what they have and I can't see any with many of these buildings but I only have a handful of allies so can't really get a good idea of what people are doing

Any thoughts guys?

CAPT.GIN
06-30-2012, 09:48 AM
To be honest defense buildings are a waste of money and space... They really don't help you...

magepker
06-30-2012, 10:02 AM
defense buildings are to fill gaps in your map that wont fit anything else >_<

manbeast
06-30-2012, 10:22 AM
i do not have a single defense building

Q Raider
06-30-2012, 10:22 AM
Composite building is also a defence building.

And at level 7 it adds a few k to mine, I wouldn't call that a waste.

The benefit of defence buildings isn't so much they stop attacks and raids, but they can sure make them an unsavory experience for the attacker.

Test it out for yourselves a few times, find and raid buildings without protection and with protection against the same opponent.

magepker
06-30-2012, 10:25 AM

The benefit of defence buildings isn't so much they stop attacks and raids, but they can sure make them an unsavory experience for the attacker.

Test it out for yourselves a few times, find and raid buildings without protection and with protection against the same opponent.

composite is a boost building not a defense building >_<

manbeast
06-30-2012, 10:26 AM

i love my composites building. got it and took it to lvl 10 immediately. i consider it a boost building though since it is found under the boost buildings tab

Q Raider
06-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Have a different view as it only boosts defence therefore to me it is a defence building.

In any case, some of them have their place, though correct that some of the first ones on offer take up more room than they are worth.

CAPT.GIN
06-30-2012, 10:41 AM
I have the composite as well an I love it only defense building I'll ever have...

Fifth Reich
06-30-2012, 10:58 AM
To be honest defense buildings are a waste of money and space... They really don't help you...I have a few SAMs, a sea wall, bunkers, turrets and other buildings on my coastline to protect my base from D-Days.They do look cool...

Tctiger
06-30-2012, 11:19 AM
A defence building will increase rivals losses in raids if placed correctly and a defence building is as good as a gold unit ! So they are not a waste of time eg. A rail gun is the same as a gold unit with 75 defence , upgrade that to say 250 and that is the same as a gold unit with 250 defence , I have all free defence buildings and 1 emp when you start upgrading they can add thousands to you defence stat , if you buy a rail gun all 75 defence points go on to your stat . You don't have to get defence buildings but they do improve your stats if you do.

Olly1
06-30-2012, 11:33 AM
A rail gun is the same as a gold unit with 75 defence , upgrade that to say 250 and that is the same as a gold unit with 250 defence

But they're not the same. The gold unit will have 250 defence whereas the building will have 125 defence (I don't know exactly what the true value is on MW, any vets know off hand?)

This is why I'm wondering if I should bother with the buildings at all. After reading through I have decided to scrap all my current ones anyway. Maybe some of the end game defence buildings but these low level ones are too ugly!

FromAfar
06-30-2012, 02:14 PM
sounds logical, but how do you know or verify what your opponent lost when they attacked you?

i can see what i lost in the attack, but not what the other person lost. or is there a way?

A defence building will increase rivals losses in raids if placed correctly and a defence building is as good as a gold unit ! So they are not a waste of time eg. A rail gun is the same as a gold unit with 75 defence , upgrade that to say 250 and that is the same as a gold unit with 250 defence , I have all free defence buildings and 1 emp when you start upgrading they can add thousands to you defence stat , if you buy a rail gun all 75 defence points go on to your stat . You don't have to get defence buildings but they do improve your stats if you do.