PDA

View Full Version : The New Event is AWESOME!

Swearengen
06-30-2012, 09:41 AM
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I have seen tons of threads about the new event and it seems the general consensus is it sux! So I have gone through my stamina and energy numerous times over and I have only got 1 safe from a rob. 0 from attacks....And a whopping 4 from stupid azz mission/event actions (Empire university and Empire airport control tower).

So for those who are on the leader boards (which is a cool idea) do you have any advice for the rest of us? Gaming Will, Dangerous Gregg, AppleMacGuy, CK-Paulio, etc...

I like the leader boards - that us greatness, but bumping up the number of items required to get an event prize SUX, especially if you can barely get a safe for dropping all your energy and stamina, then of course the great loot items (15 atk for a lvl 200 player WTF).

Considering I have played all but one event without gold (used gold on one), got 8 or 9 items every event, I’ll be lucky to get 5 or 6 this time, my bad luck I guess...

Overall Event Rating - FAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3350/epicfail1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/epicfail1.jpg/)

bryoreo
06-30-2012, 09:48 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. I think this is the beginning of the end for me and this app

Swearengen
06-30-2012, 09:50 AM
I wholeheartedly agree. I think this is the beginning of the end for me and this app

I can see that for allot of people, at least in the old format, a nongold player could be reasonibly happy with getting the runner up prize. So far, the new company BLOWS!

Gaming Will
06-30-2012, 09:55 AM
There is no trick that I know of, I'm sitting on 4 to open. Probably went through 1000 energy yesterday and today and have found a total of the 4 waiting to open plus 10 opened.

G Wiz
06-30-2012, 10:00 AM
I think the trick lies in getting boxes within the first half hour of the event.

but that would require us knowing about it before hand...

Swearengen
06-30-2012, 10:01 AM
There is no trick that I know of, I'm sitting on 4 to open. Probably went through 1000 energy yesterday and today and have found a total of the 4 waiting to open plus 10 opened.

Saw you on the leader board early on. Did you get your boxs via fights, robs, or missions?

Swearengen
06-30-2012, 10:02 AM
I think the trick lies in getting boxes within the first half hour of the event.

but that would require us knowing about it before hand...

That would be nice, right? Think I recall old Fizzle saying something about announcements. ****t the best we can do know is watch MW or KA to get a preview of CC.

enahs1
06-30-2012, 10:03 AM
I have 6 with 15 gold used for a 100% open...

Gaming Will
06-30-2012, 10:09 AM
Saw you on the leader board early on. Did you get your boxs via fights, robs, or missions?Missions only, I haven't found one doing PvP at all.

Eyelusion
06-30-2012, 10:18 AM
Agreed. This game is going to sh1t quick

ajs1988
06-30-2012, 10:19 AM
I don't even have the new event on my phone

doinkent
06-30-2012, 10:21 AM
I don't even have the new event on my phone

have you updated the app? you need to do so from the app store

bryoreo
06-30-2012, 10:25 AM
I can see that for allot of people, at least in the old format, a nongold player could be reasonibly happy with getting the runner up prize. So far, the new company BLOWS!

Exactly good sir (or madam). this event seems very un-doable for a free player

EDIT: I have received boxes from robberies and fights today, if that helps to clarify for anyone

ajs1988
06-30-2012, 10:30 AM
have you updated the app? you need to do so from the app store

Yes I just did thanks.... But I guess I have to wait a little while for it to come up

Gaming Will
06-30-2012, 10:33 AM
Yes I just did thanks.... But I guess I have to wait a little while for it to come up

Open and close the app a few times. If still doesn't come up try a hard close of the app... Hitting the home button 2x will bring up apps that are still running.

Luke 3457
06-30-2012, 10:42 AM
Yeah there's no trick to getting them only missions. With luck pvp ... I have 98 stamina when do a full stamina dump trying to get them I'll get 2-5. I'm 25 give or take on the leader board. I bought energy few times which sucks to have to resort to that . I'll try for top 50 then I'm done with events I miss old format already! I'm gonna by crates from here on out.

The Billionaire
06-30-2012, 10:50 AM
To be fair i think the event has potential to be better than the old style events because the leaderboard side of things is awesome.

However the drop rate for the safes is ridiculously low, i think Kevin must have stolen most of them lol, i'd love to know how much gold he has gone through to get 72 chips. Anyway the problem is all these kind of events are flawed because it takes around 48hrs for most players to become throughly active in the event because of the low drop rate.

Also players in certain time zones get a head start because they are awake when the event starts whereas others are sleeping. These kind of events are a race yet we don't all start the race together. Then you also have the problem where the app needs to be closed or an update needs to be done before the event appears on your device. Again this means certain players are left behind at the start line and get frustrated and lose interest before the event has even started.

Funzio - my solution for this is simple. Please follow these simple steps.

1.) Advertise the event 24hrs before it begins. Release the content as you do but have a countdown timer to when the event begins. This will give players the chance to plan for the start of the event. The more players ready for the start of the event will have a longer invested interest in the event which will lead to more gold spent and we all know that top of your priorities list Funzio.

2.) Every player starts the event with 10 boxes. This means there will be all out free for alls and everyone will have to try their best to keep hold of their boxes. This also means there won't be the dull 24hr period at the start of the event where everyone (except for Kevin) can't find any boxes. This also means the statement "collect boxes by fighting rivals, robbing rivals and doing jobs" will be true throughout the event.
Here's the bit you've been waiting for Funzio. If everyone starts the event with 10 boxes those in fear of losing them might do a number of timer resets leading to more gold sales.

Remember the more boxes people have the more gold they are likely to spend.

3.) Run the events for the time advertised - A "1 week special" consists of 7 x 24hr days incase you hadn't noticed. With the time differences for certain players, the closing and opening of the app, the dull 24hr period where nobody can find any boxes and players not being aware of when the event starts all means some players don't really get into the event until its halfway through. Andriod being behind IOS is also unfair.

4.) Give me a job and i'll make millions of your customers happy again leading to millions of dollars worth of increased sales. It's not rocket science because this is The Billionaire's dog writing this post and i do nothing but sniff butts all day and i have the solutions, why don't you???

Khayman
06-30-2012, 10:56 AM
I don't like random. Even if i win i'm only proud of the #477 in the PVP event. You win X fights (or whatever) and you get stuff, no dices for me thanks.

iteachem
06-30-2012, 10:57 AM
1 open 10 fails with medium option... this event is horrible for me

Jtstar7439
06-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Wow so the even finally shows up on my iPad 13 hours later and the bottom people onnthe leaderboards have 10.....So much for even a chance....

Gaming Will
06-30-2012, 11:00 AM
1 open 10 fails with medium option... this event is horrible for meOuch!..........

jeffelms
06-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Wow so the even finally shows up on my iPad 13 hours later and the bottom people onnthe leaderboards have 10.....So much for even a chance....
Same here. Mine just showed up and I load this game every hour to collect from my buildings. Now I'm so far behind it's not even worth trying to catch up. No gold from me Funzio.

iteachem
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Ouch!..........

make that 11.. .seriously how can the medium option fail 11 times.

Eyelusion
06-30-2012, 11:27 AM

I'm 3 out of 17. Keep at it, another will open soon, lol. This event is just not for the non-gold player.

iteachem
06-30-2012, 11:59 AM
I'm 3 out of 17. Keep at it, another will open soon, lol. This event is just not for the non-gold player.

most definitely.. How much do you think that leader with 77 has spent

Swearengen
06-30-2012, 12:45 PM
To be fair i think the event has potential to be better than the old style events because the leaderboard side of things is awesome.

However the drop rate for the safes is ridiculously low, i think Kevin must have stolen most of them lol, i'd love to know how much gold he has gone through to get 72 chips. Anyway the problem is all these kind of events are flawed because it takes around 48hrs for most players to become throughly active in the event because of the low drop rate.

Also players in certain time zones get a head start because they are awake when the event starts whereas others are sleeping. These kind of events are a race yet we don't all start the race together. Then you also have the problem where the app needs to be closed or an update needs to be done before the event appears on your device. Again this means certain players are left behind at the start line and get frustrated and lose interest before the event has even started.

1.) Advertise the event 24hrs before it begins. Release the content as you do but have a countdown timer to when the event begins. This will give players the chance to plan for the start of the event. The more players ready for the start of the event will have a longer invested interest in the event which will lead to more gold spent and we all know that top of your priorities list Funzio.

2.) Every player starts the event with 10 boxes. This means there will be all out free for alls and everyone will have to try their best to keep hold of their boxes. This also means there won't be the dull 24hr period at the start of the event where everyone (except for Kevin) can't find any boxes. This also means the statement "collect boxes by fighting rivals, robbing rivals and doing jobs" will be true throughout the event.
Here's the bit you've been waiting for Funzio. If everyone starts the event with 10 boxes those in fear of losing them might do a number of timer resets leading to more gold sales.

3.) Run the events for the time advertised - A "1 week special" consists of 7 x 24hr days incase you hadn't noticed. With the time differences for certain players, the closing and opening of the app, the dull 24hr period where nobody can find any boxes and players not being aware of when the event starts all means some players don't really get into the event until its halfway through. Andriod being behind IOS is also unfair.

4.) Give me a job and i'll make millions of your customers happy again leading to millions of dollars worth of increased sales. It's not rocket science because this is The Billionaire's dog writing this post and i do nothing but sniff butts all day and i have the solutions, why don't you???

Good ideas, Heck I would be happy to start with 3 or 4 so you have a fighting chance.

+1 million on the one week = 7 days x 24hr. I have never had a week long event actually equal a week in CC, usually 4.5 - 5 days.

Or just increase the drop rate. The format is fine, the leader board is cool, the drop rate and open rate for most SUX!

Swearengen
06-30-2012, 12:46 PM

Hell I have had better luck than that this time, I usually don't get 10 or 12 fails in a row untill the last 24-48 hours in an event. :(

misterrunon
06-30-2012, 12:51 PM
0/2 so far.

iteachem
06-30-2012, 12:51 PM
Hell I have had better luck than that this time, I usually don't get 10 or 12 fails in a row untill the last 24-48 hours in an event. :(

Yeah rub it in.. ready to go free option only since I am leaving town tomorrow night. Even loot drops would have been nice

hinofwars
06-30-2012, 12:53 PM
Just can't loot the safe!!! Spend all my energy and stamina and this got me 2 boxes. But I lost these 2 safe to the same player within 2 mins.

doinkent
06-30-2012, 01:00 PM
what do you guys use ur energy on that you dont get any boxes? do you guys do 500+ energy jobs? its a waste if you do anything less in my opinion. right now im attacking foreskin phil at la rambla which is 564 energy and i get a box around 95% of the time

<3 Hz
06-30-2012, 01:05 PM
Fail after fail. This event isnt too much fun.

iteachem
06-30-2012, 01:05 PM
I have been farming the double decker at the airport and have had an good drop rate for cards

Bala82
06-30-2012, 01:11 PM
Well i completely all the lower map so far during this event i have mastered ( Little italy and Elis island).

Got 3 chip all successful open first time.

cookie monster
06-30-2012, 01:28 PM
I hate it. The grand prizes don't even show up on my phone. It's just ridiculous.

cookie monster
06-30-2012, 01:29 PM
NOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry I have seen tons of threads about the new event and it seems the general consensus is it sux! So I have gone through my stamina and energy numerous times over and I have only got 1 safe from a rob. 0 from attacks....And a whopping 4 from stupid azz mission/event actions (Empire university and Empire airport control tower).

So for those who are on the leader boards (which is a cool idea) do you have any advice for the rest of us? Gaming Will, Dangerous Gregg, AppleMacGuy, CK-Paulio, etc...

I like the leader boards - that us greatness, but bumping up the number of items required to get an event prize SUX, especially if you can barely get a safe for dropping all your energy and stamina, then of course the great loot items (15 atk for a lvl 200 player WTF).

Considering I have played all but one event without gold (used gold on one), got 8 or 9 items every event, I’ll be lucky to get 5 or 6 this time, my bad luck I guess...

Overall Event Rating - FAIL !!!!!!!!!!!!

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/3350/epicfail1.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/26/epicfail1.jpg/)

I love sarcasm as much as anyone, but could you please change the title of the thread so people know what it's about from looking at it instead of having to go in and read it?

7rs60
06-30-2012, 01:42 PM
I've only been doing jobs that are less than 100 energy in the south side projects and getting drops.

J-Rizzi
06-30-2012, 02:42 PM
I always start off getting safes by doing missions, but only enough to have 1 or 2 safes on hand. God knows I don't want to waste energy to have them stolen so early. I do not spend gold, so I only open 1 an hour. I've got 3 out of around 9-10 tries. I've never run out of safes so far, I am getting some by PvP. If a hood doesn't have any buildings to collect, I target that Rival in PvP because it means he or she is playing. I haven't needed to go back to Empire Airport, where I got 2 or 3 safes during this event, and I'd prefer not to because I don't want the XP points involved. Do I plan on finishing Top 500: no. But I'm not gonna declare this event an epic fail less than 24 hours into it.

misterrunon
06-30-2012, 07:43 PM
0/8 with all medium so far.

Fredo
06-30-2012, 07:47 PM
I have more than 5 chips on two accounts, but neither have the Uzi in inventory. Anyone with this issue? I guess another change is you don't get any of the items until the event is over?

joaquim
06-30-2012, 07:49 PM
I have more than 5 chips on two accounts, but neither have the Uzi in inventory. Anyone with this issue? I guess another change is you don't get any of the items until the event is over?

The Uzi goes in the melee section of your inventory. Have you checked there?

cookie monster
06-30-2012, 07:51 PM
The Uzi goes in the melee section of your inventory. Have you checked there?

This uzi is a melee item?

Why?

joaquim
06-30-2012, 07:54 PM
This uzi is a melee item?

Why?

I think it's because it has shredder in the name. But that doesn't make a gun a melee item which leads me to this conclusion: Funzio f**ked it up.

cookie monster
06-30-2012, 08:18 PM
I think it's because it has shredder in the name. But that doesn't make a gun a melee item which leads me to this conclusion: Funzio f**ked it up.

Maybe you can use it to cut potatoes into hash browns?

Paulio
06-30-2012, 08:34 PM
I got almost all of my boxes from missions. Used empire central bus at the airport and Gino Falcone at the boardwalk. Can't say for sure which location has the better drop rate, but ecb takes a little less energy. Funny thing is, I never got a double decker from there until this event, not that I didn't try. Now I have 5.

Paulio
06-30-2012, 08:40 PM

These are actually excellent suggestions, but the sad part is there's no way it will happen. If we had 24 hr advanced notice, then we could strategize. I'm sure funzio makes a killing on people trying to catch up. Also, if everyone had 10 boxes to start with, they wouldn't buy energy refills at the outset.

Lol at suggestion #4

Inzaghi
06-30-2012, 08:44 PM
When the bullets run out, a gun can be a melee weapon. It's hard anyway...

iteachem
06-30-2012, 08:56 PM
Fail after fail. This event isnt too much fun.

20 or so medium attempts.. only 2 opens.. 1 chip and 10K... Never had this much bad luck..

cookie monster
06-30-2012, 09:02 PM
When the bullets run out, a gun can be a melee weapon. It's hard anyway...

Could always throw a shoe if that doesn't work.

Fredo
06-30-2012, 09:11 PM
Thanks Joaquim - I found it in my melee weapon inventory. How ridiculous.

Inzaghi
06-30-2012, 11:11 PM
Could always throw a shoe if that doesn't work.
Hey, the way you use your shoes means they are explosive items.

Vicious...
07-01-2012, 12:16 AM
Doing jobs that require a lot of energy seem to work well for me.

cwracing
07-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Must need to be a big gold spender to succeed at this event. The medium option is more useless now than the free option ever was before.
This event seems to be an epic fail for me.
5 chips and 10k oh ya and a hitman rifle or something like that. Lost count on how many attempts, or decided it was just not worth the time and frustration to keep count anymore.......

psxnitro
07-01-2012, 12:44 AM
I've been stuck on 6 chips since I've gotten a really long sorry streak, I think I'm at 12 straight now, maybe more. Switching to free from now on, this event is a bust for me.

Swifty
07-01-2012, 01:56 AM
Yeah, it does not use ammo, you just whip people up side the head with it.

LeDude
07-01-2012, 02:36 AM
Yeah, it does not use ammo, you just whip people up side the head with it.

That works, I know.

I got group mugged in the suburbs of Toronto once (not the only time either, that's happened to me more than once) and not only were the muggers smart enough to target me hours in advance, they also felt it necessary to hide behind parked cars and quietly sneak up behind me. If that wasn't enough, which apparently it wasn't, they also felt it necessary to pistol whip me several times and then repeatedly kick me in the head, chest, and abdomen wearing steel toed boots while I was laying on the ground bleeding and nearly unconscious.

They must have been out of bullets. I almost died, and the police never followed up with me. Afaik, justice was never served.

So yeah, guns can be melee weapons for sure.

Luciferianism
07-01-2012, 02:53 AM
Afaik, justice was never served.

Wait, I thought justice was served when people got what's coming to them. And you got mugged and beaten right?

doug19
07-01-2012, 03:08 AM
Funzio, what was wrong with 500RP & 125k/25k? We're they making the game unbalanced...?
Why the drop to 300RP & 10k?

mysteryliner
07-01-2012, 03:15 AM
There seems to be a very big problem with the balance of the luck players have in these events.
Some people can't get any safes some people get flooded.
- Some say they got 1 or 2 in 30 jobs.
- I for one get safes 90% of the time on jobs. 40% on fights and rob's. I have 7 just sitting there.

Some people can never get any chips some get them all the time.
- I never had more than 8 chips, boxes, diamonds,... at the end of an event.
- - -And i've been testing by setting a 58min. timer. (so: i guess 15 - 18times per day!!)
- While some people breeze through.

Funzio. you need to balance things so people get a same chance at these things.
Because this is just cray

NTM
07-01-2012, 03:26 AM
Funzio, what was wrong with 500RP & 125k/25k? We're they making the game unbalanced...?
Why the drop to 300RP & 10k?

10 k ? lol i drop 6k me sometime XD! shame ? no no just unluck all times XD!

anyway the 1st Kevin got 113 Computer, i think he is going to make a botnet with that !

hinofwars
07-01-2012, 03:28 AM
There seems to be a very big problem with the balance of the luck players have in these events.
Some people can't get any safes some people get flooded.
- Some say they got 1 or 2 in 30 jobs.
- I for one get safes 90% of the time on jobs. 40% on fights and rob's. I have 7 just sitting there.

Some people can never get any chips some get them all the time.
- I never had more than 8 chips, boxes, diamonds,... at the end of an event.
- - -And i've been testing by setting a 58min. timer. (so: i guess 15 - 18times per day!!)
- While some people breeze through.

Funzio. you need to balance things so people get a same chance at these things.
Because this is just cray

Agree, the balance is getting worse because all the players now compete against each other. The free player will never be the top 50 and find it hard to be the top 500.

In the last 2 days, I have tried to open 21 to 22 times every day but I can't get to the top 500.

NTM
07-01-2012, 03:45 AM
all game are unbalanced ^^ that the 1 st time i see that in a game, and i play many...

android vs iphone : unfair for many thing

for items too, all don't have the same or near for stats, and so manything unfair :D

anyway i don't complaint but this game if make for spend real money so they can make more and more event, i don't see realy the fun.. u want to be the 1ST in game, ok nice, but how ? with real money ????

i have play at a game for 4 years, a fre to play where u can buy too, but all is fair ( expect cheaters ^^ ) and u need to play hard for win, not to buy.. u can buy but that don't give u the powerfull advantage.. !

hinofwars
07-01-2012, 03:56 AM
all game are unbalanced ^^ that the 1 st time i see that in a game, and i play many...

android vs iphone : unfair for many thing

for items too, all don't have the same or near for stats, and so manything unfair :D

anyway i don't complaint but this game if make for spend real money so they can make more and more event, i don't see realy the fun.. u want to be the 1ST in game, ok nice, but how ? with real money ????

i have play at a game for 4 years, a fre to play where u can buy too, but all is fair ( expect cheaters ^^ ) and u need to play hard for win, not to buy.. u can buy but that don't give u the powerfull advantage.. !

I think it is fair you get powerful when you spend gold. But just not too powerful with not just the stat of the weapons, as well as the boost.

I used to buy a small amount of gold for the events but now I know these spending will not get me to top 50. So I decided to not buy gold anymore because of this new format of event.

Swearengen
07-01-2012, 04:49 AM
I love sarcasm as much as anyone, but could you please change the title of the thread so people know what it's about from looking at it instead of having to go in and read it?

To answer your question - No...

mysteryliner
07-01-2012, 06:13 AM
Agree, the balance is getting worse because all the players now compete against each other. The free player will never be the top 50 and find it hard to be the top 500.
In the last 2 days, I have tried to open 21 to 22 times every day but I can't get to the top 500.

ok, But that's a different type of balance.
1 type:
Free players have less chance to win then players who spend something.
- Yes, but that's ok (upto a point). If you buy a $ 70 tickets for a concert. you will get better seats than the person who goes in the free (or the $ 4) section.
The second person shouldn't complain about it.

the other type of balance:
Player X enters an event to win things: He play's 20 times /day for 7days
Player Y enters an event to win things: He play's 20 times /day for 7days
Player X wins 1 out of the 20 times
Player Y wins 14 out of the 20 times
Next week, they enter a new event. Same results.

Swearengen
07-02-2012, 05:05 AM
Ok, still not great but it's looking up. Seems like safes are dropping more now from PvP than in the first 2 days. I have gotten maybe 2 or 3 ea day from PvP and 2 or 3 total from bldg robs...

Dangerous Greg
07-02-2012, 06:08 AM
I'm still in the top 50 but I'm not sure how long I'll stay there. In the beginning I was aggressive using energy refills to get vaults. Now, I am only using gold for openings and doing a few resets. In the end, I think this is too expensive to get the top item. From here on out I'll probably just do gold openings. If I just stick with gold openings every hour, I'll have gone through about 3 vaults of gold, maybe slightly more.

I don't like this bidding war style to get event items. In the future I'm not going to enter into the fray!

Good luck everyone!

cookie monster
07-02-2012, 06:55 AM
I'd love to see the numbers they have on this event.

I'd bet anything that they get a double-edged effect from it: fewer people spending money, but the people who were already spending the most money on the events will be spending more this time.

Not a winning strategy if I'm right. Every good drug dealer knows that the real money is in the casual user, not the junkie. The junkies will always be there, the recreational spenders won't.

Dangerous Greg
07-02-2012, 11:43 AM
Yeah there's no trick to getting them only missions. With luck pvp ... I have 98 stamina when do a full stamina dump trying to get them I'll get 2-5. I'm 25 give or take on the leader board. I bought energy few times which sucks to have to resort to that . I'll try for top 50 then I'm done with events I miss old format already! I'm gonna by crates from here on out.

I do think the crates are a better way to get higher stats for most. I was just calculating my advantage IF I am able to get the top prize and concluded that unless I am in the shark pool with stats maxing out with crates, it is better for me to put money into crates. That being said, it is better for me to not put in any more money at all!! Wish we could "vote" as a collective group and made these competitive formats not such a profitable proposition for Funzio/Gree (d) in the future. I can't throw stones because I've contributed to this incentive by spending RM on this and other events. In the real world, having a competitive nature helps me more than hurts. Here, it is the characteristic that is so easily exploited. Yes, I have a brain to override my competitive nature. ONE of these days I threaten to use it! :)

Swearengen
07-02-2012, 12:25 PM
I do think the crates are a better way to get higher stats for most. I was just calculating my advantage IF I am able to get the top prize and concluded that unless I am in the shark pool with stats maxing out with crates, it is better for me to put money into crates. That being said, it is better for me to not put in any more money at all!! Wish we could "vote" as a collective group and made these competitive formats not such a profitable proposition for Funzio/Gree (d) in the future. I can't throw stones because I've contributed to this incentive by spending RM on this and other events. In the real world, having a competitive nature helps me more than hurts. Here, it is the characteristic that is so easily exploited. Yes, I have a brain to override my competitive nature. ONE of these days I threaten to use it! :)

Off topic but I just noticed your stats. Man I remember not long ago when you appeared and kicked lots of the forum members butts but now your stats have seriously jumped - Nice Job!