PDA

View Full Version : would you pay to play in a no gold version?

misterrunon
06-30-2012, 02:20 AM
I certainly would... id pay a one time fee of $30. But we all know thats never happening.

LeDude
06-30-2012, 03:02 AM
I certainly would... id pay a one time fee of $30. But we all know thats never happening.

Even if that did happen, I guarantee this company would create ways to squeeze more cash out of it.

Companies need to generate revenue. Okay, that's obvious. But there is a huge difference between generating an amount of revenue that is capable of sustaining the product while simultaneously enabling the people responsible for the product to enjoy a (more than) comfortable lifestyle, and blatant and excessive greed. Over the past 9-10 months, there has been an obvious shift at Funzio. They once were a company that wanted to create and provide an entertaining and enjoyable game, and what they have become is a faceless corporation that puts revenue first and customer sarisfaction somewhere further down the line. If their games were advertised or promoted as anything other than "free" games, this fact might be easier to digest, but the fact remains that all three Funzio games are labeled as "free", when in fact the amount of real money that is required to achieve a truly competitive status is quite exorbitant.

Anyone who disagrees is either ignorant, or content with being a "sheep" and believing what they are told over what they are able to observe.

Mikecore
06-30-2012, 04:18 AM
Even if that did happen, I guarantee this company would create ways to squeeze more cash out of it.

Companies need to generate revenue. Okay, that's obvious. But there is a huge difference between generating an amount of revenue that is capable of sustaining the product while simultaneously enabling the people responsible for the product to enjoy a (more than) comfortable lifestyle, and blatant and excessive greed. Over the past 9-10 months, there has been an obvious shift at Funzio. They once were a company that wanted to create and provide an entertaining and enjoyable game, and what they have become is a faceless corporation that puts revenue first and customer sarisfaction somewhere further down the line. If their games were advertised or promoted as anything other than "free" games, this fact might be easier to digest, but the fact remains that all three Funzio games are labeled as "free", when in fact the amount of real money that is required to achieve a truly competitive status is quite exorbitant.

Anyone who disagrees is either ignorant, or content with being a "sheep" and believing what they are told over what they are able to observe.

Sad but true....

Welcome to the conzio's "reality".

mongorie
06-30-2012, 04:28 AM
One off isn't good enough, $10 a month maybe

TZora
06-30-2012, 05:03 AM
that's the only reason i'm losing interest in it. i say this ..

"you should be able to buy gold with money". keep real money an option to quickly buy gold but allow free players to buy gold with game money.

secondly, lower the prices please .. will ya? $100 for 1500 gold is too much. talk about the gold needed for upgrades ... wheeee

oh well .. whatever floats ya boat ..

sez
06-30-2012, 05:18 AM
I agree with this as well, it's a bummer when you have to give yourself a "Pep Talk" just to remind yourself it's just a game and that you should not spend any money.....or any more money.

jakev
06-30-2012, 05:19 AM
especially when it does not even work. At least when I spend $60 on a PS3 game the thing works!!!

psxnitro
06-30-2012, 05:36 AM
that's the only reason i'm losing interest in it. i say this ..

"you should be able to buy gold with money". keep real money an option to quickly buy gold but allow free players to buy gold with game money.

secondly, lower the prices please .. will ya? $100 for 1500 gold is too much. talk about the gold needed for upgrades ... wheeee

oh well .. whatever floats ya boat ..

To be honest, I'd rather have a strictly ad-driven game, and let us buy gold with in game money, since that will actually give you an incentive to actually raise your hood economy. But the thing is IAP is a lot more profitable to Conzio in the long run, so I doubt it'll ever go away, it's been keeping their servers active for so long.

People need to realize that it's a game, you are not going to be playing this forever. Once Conzio goes out of business, so will this game. What gold buyers have paid for is basically the experience of playing the game. That is the reality of ONLINE MMO, you either live with it or stop playing.

Swifty
06-30-2012, 05:47 AM
Or you keep playing, but get your entertainment value from hating on GREE(D)/Funzio.

<3 Hz
06-30-2012, 06:51 AM
That would be sweet, I'd probably be the Xenoke of the no-gold version lol.

Dipstik
06-30-2012, 06:59 AM

Do you realize how low the barrier of entry is in the game app market? If you think there's a "fair" profit to be made with it, go make a similar game without gold and see if anyone plays. God you're dumb...

Steve0
06-30-2012, 07:04 AM
It would be nice to have 2 versions when you download the game, One you pay for and spend RM for gold and then one that is totaly Free with a way to generate gold like Tapjoy but have that seperation.

Swearengen
06-30-2012, 09:47 AM
To answer the OP, hell yes I would pay $10 a month for a non-gold environment. Of course we would have to police cheaters as well, others wise we are back to the same ****ttt

LeDude
06-30-2012, 11:21 AM
Do you realize how low the barrier of entry is in the game app market? If you think there's a "fair" profit to be made with it, go make a similar game without gold and see if anyone plays. God you're dumb...

Well hello mr. sheep #1.

Oh that's right, you're a lawyer. I don't have to take anything you say seriously because it may or may not be truth.

Dipstik
06-30-2012, 11:23 AM
I love the guys who essentially plug their ears to the obvious flaws in their asinine ideas, then call other people "sheep".

LeDude
06-30-2012, 11:32 AM
I love it when people completely miss the point and then argue against you with phrases like "you're an idiot" and "your ideas are asinine".

Not my fault if you fail to understand. I sure am glad you're not my lawyer.

Dipstik
06-30-2012, 11:38 AM
Oh I understand your point perfectly. It's neither complicated nor new. You're whining about funzio gouging its customers, and you think they should charge less for their product. Great. The obvious flaw in your argument is that it is VERY easy to produce a functionally identical game (there are HUNDREDS of them) and charge less if you believe you can get more customers that way. Or you could go find one of the hundreds of other games out there that already charge less.

Instead you sit here and whine about how the world is so unfair and give us gems like this: "Anyone who disagrees is either ignorant, or content with being a "sheep" and believing what they are told over what they are able to observe."

You must lead a really interesting life.

misterrunon
06-30-2012, 12:37 PM
it's just a bit messed up that what's best for funzio economically is not what's best for the average player.

blame it on all the dumbasses gambling addicts who spend hundreds each month on this game.

also, when you have people hooked on your game, you can essentially do anything you want... until people start to leave en masse, funzio's not going to give a ****.