PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought here on top 50/500

Babytway
06-29-2012, 10:43 PM
Please stay on topic or semi on TOP.ic

I've been reading some threads and see people saying this event is for the top 50/500 gpld buyers and money spenders. When i think of this the top money/gold spenders already have outrageous high stats that can beat most anyone so will it be worth it to get an extra 10% boost in attack when there attack is already untouchable(except maybe against the other top 50 gold spenders)

So to the big spenders out there. is it because you want to beat out the rest of your top elite or is it just the satisfaction of sayin yah i got it.(thats not a bad thing because i said that bout the pvp and top earners event and i felt good about getting those two items)

LeDude
06-29-2012, 10:56 PM
I've been reading some threads and see people saying this event is for the top 50/500 gpld buyers and money spenders. When i think of this the top money/gold spenders already have outrageous high stats that can beat most anyone so will it be worth it to get an extra 10% boost in attack when there attack is already untouchable(except maybe against the other top 50 gold spenders)

So to the big spenders out there. is it because you want to beat out the rest of your top elite or is it just the satisfaction of sayin yah i got it.(thats not a bad thing because i said that bout the pvp and top earners event and i felt good about it)

It's just a continuation of the ongoing swinging ****s contest. I don't actually believe events were designed for free players to start with, and the reduced drop rates observed in the last few old-style box events is a pretty clear indicator that people had lost interest and/or greatly reduced the amount of gold they were willing to spend.

The "free" and "cash" options are only available to keep the "free" classification true since the inclusion of those options legally makes the in-app purchases optional.

This is also a way for Gree to continue with the "complete gacha" event while making it just different enough that it should remain "legal" regardless of whatever entity wants to challenge the legality of such events. The luck factor has been greatly reduced if you are willing to send enough real money, therefore players are much more in control of their outcome.

I wonder how long it took them to figure out how to pull it off, only to have the somewhat obvious dissected and pointed out rather quickly by an individual with a sharp mind and an eye for detail.

Babytway
06-29-2012, 11:06 PM
Hmm interesting feedback....This is what i want to kinda know though from the big gold buyers out there. is it a "swinging" contest, you want to have the trophy account(all event items), or just plain ole i love the game and my acct this much and this is the cost of maintaining it(this is my reason but i dont spend gold if i did spend gold it would be combo including the trophy account).

Eyelusion
06-29-2012, 11:07 PM
Or, are you gambling addicts with close to maxed out credit cards with all these events lately? :p

ShawnBB
06-29-2012, 11:11 PM
I think the three open options should do a little adjust from now on

Low chance-- cash
100% chance open --15 gold
100% gotta ya open -- 30+15X gold, X is the amount of event item you have on hand.

Babytway
06-29-2012, 11:16 PM
These events are not gambling events or close to it. with gambling you always lose if you spend to the end. with these events you can always the final prize if you spend enough and then you can stop because there is nothing to gain or lose by spending more. with gambling there is alway ssomething more to gain if you take the chance

LeDude
06-29-2012, 11:17 PM
Or, are you gambling addicts with close to maxed out credit cards with all these events lately? :p

I think it's possible that after the likely success of the first event a decision was made to hold more events. The drop rates were quite poor for the second event and the general consensus on the forum was that many people spent a lot of gold.

This likely told Funzio that players were willing to spend large sums of money on gold in an attempt to obtain the end item + modifier.

Seeing this there are two possible thought processes that may gave occurred. Possibly one or the other, perhaps both:

1) Players will spend small fortunes to "win". More events must be prepared ASAP.

2) Players who receive every single event item + modifier will find themselves at a great advantage. Therefore, events should occur more frequently and it should be very challenging to obtain event end prizes in an effort to preserve fairness. Doing so may also frustrate determined players into spending whatever it takes to obtain the prize + bonus modifier. This will somewhat benefit free players who do not "win" many events, and it will greatly benefit the revenue created by this "free" game.

Eyelusion
06-29-2012, 11:18 PM
You're right, more like an open auction...highest bidders win.

I find it very interesting how much people are willing to spend to be on the top of a ladder though. It becomes much more than just a prize for some.

I'm here to have fun, not show off my wallet. This event isn't fun for me.

Babytway
06-29-2012, 11:18 PM
I think the three open options should do a little adjust from now on

Low chance-- cash
100% chance open --15 gold
100% gotta ya open -- 30+15X gold, X is the amount of event item you have on hand.

this has nothing to do with original topic

Babytway
06-29-2012, 11:26 PM
You're right, more like an open auction...highest bidders win.

I find it very interesting how much people are willing to spend to be on the top of a ladder though. It becomes much more than just a prize for some.

I'm here to have fun, not show off my wallet. This event isn't fun for me.

So if you were a gold spender what would be your motivation to get this end event item 10% more attack. assuming you were a big spender and have tons of crate/ l.e. items and your stats were already massive or low end massive in comparison to the outrageous stats out there. how important would 10% increase atk be if mostly no one(or very few) could beat you anyway

Luciferianism
06-30-2012, 12:46 AM
10% extra mafia attack is absolutely mammoth and worth having for anyone, if you do spend gold this is the most worthwhile thing there has ever been.

LeDude
06-30-2012, 01:00 AM
The state of humanity in North America is just appalling. Everyone are goddam sheep.

Luciferianism, do you even understand BTW's question?

If you are already among the most powerful players in the game, you can already kick almost anyone's head in. What is the point of spending hundreds of real dollars to reinforce what is already fact?

My best guesses are a) ego, b) foolishness, c) stupidity, d) "I want it to prevent others from having it", AKA, GREED, and, d) all of the above.

Open your eyes and you shall see. Keep them shut and follow the rest of the sheep over the cliff.

Luciferianism
06-30-2012, 01:06 AM
... If you've already spent gold, you're going to go for this. It's actually even better for those people with high stats because it provides a bigger boost, and if you'd seen how people's stats are at level 200 you'd know there aren't that many top dogs killing every other player, a lot of people have high stats and this would give a nice edge. I suspect there's a lot of rivalry at that level, and you can't level out of people's way then. I don't know if you're level 2 or something but everything you say is stupid.

Hank
06-30-2012, 01:11 AM
The reason the top gold spenders want the item is the same reason that the non-gold spenders want the item. It will help you out in game, and unless you are Xenoke, there are always others who you can't beat

<3 Hz
06-30-2012, 06:50 AM
Look at the top players on the list. Some have probably already spent enough gold to buy a 2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP-700 4 in real life!

TRAZ
06-30-2012, 07:50 AM
I purchase gold specifically to show support to Funzio. My way of saying thanks to them for introducing new items, events, etc to the games. Honestly, why would they continue to introduce new things if they're not making money on it. Wouldn't be a good business model if they did.

I don't spend gold to compete with others. I'm a mixed player, meaning, tapjoy, gold, in-game cash and free options. I use them all. I never expect to get the top items. If it happens along the way, then so be it. There's many items that I don't have and won't.

As of right now, to get the 9 chips I've spent 90 gold. Good deal to me. Shrug. To each their own. Have fun folks.

Nyx
06-30-2012, 07:57 AM
The state of humanity in North America is just appalling. Everyone are goddam sheep.

Not everyone. I'm in North America and I'm about to hang it up. Not even bothering to try to find electronic devices for chips because it's rather pointless. Such a marked difference in how the previous events created an almost obsessive drive in me to try to succeed. I don't mind supporting Funzio by purchasing gold every so often to boost my account but this new event format is making it crystal clear the direction Funzio is going is not for me.

Babytway
06-30-2012, 08:28 AM
... If you've already spent gold, you're going to go for this. It's actually even better for those people with high stats because it provides a bigger boost, and if you'd seen how people's stats are at level 200 you'd know there aren't that many top dogs killing every other player, a lot of people have high stats and this would give a nice edge. I suspect there's a lot of rivalry at that level, and you can't level out of people's way then. I don't know if you're level 2 or something but everything you say is stupid.

i agree the 10% is great, for average stat players it gives a huge advantage, but for high stat players lets say with 80k attack strength, is it really worth it, you can already beat most players, this will allow you to beat only a select few of the other strong stat players so is it worth it spending tons of gold just to beat out a few oher players, or is there other personal satisfaction on obtaining this

Luciferianism
06-30-2012, 08:34 AM
Maybe they're buying it just to beat you and punish you for your years of robbing. :P

Second Comming
06-30-2012, 09:29 AM
i agree the 10% is great, for average stat players it gives a huge advantage, but for high stat players lets say with 80k attack strength, is it really worth it, you can already beat most players, this will allow you to beat only a select few of the other strong stat players so is it worth it spending tons of gold just to beat out a few oher players, or is there other personal satisfaction on obtaining this

I think its important to remember the 10% att for a player with 80Katt whose main rival has 80k defence, you've just gained another 8K att meaning much easier wins. I think the item would be less valuable if it was +10% mafia att and defence as lets face it, all the top stat gold buyers will most likely end up with this. Will we even see the bonus in our profile on the item anyway?

I think introducing the leader board could backfire a little bit for funzio because the top 50 as a whle just need to stay in the top 50. On the other hand it should create massive spending in the final hour or 2 of the event creating a gold spending war if 100+ ppl are determined to get this item they are going to have to fight for the top 50 places.

This event is more like gambling than any of the others imo because you can potentially spend a fortune if 100 others are willing to do the same to get this item meaning 50 players will end up without the item. This potentially can turn into a gold spending crime city mafia war (that would be good for funzio) but will create some outrage. I can see ppl on the forum after the even saying 'I spent 3000gold just to be knocked out of the top 50 at the end of the event'.

Non-gold spenders have 0 chance at this.