PDA

View Full Version : Poll for the HLPs (nearing or at lvl 200)

Dreno33
06-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Do you guys feel that they should raise the level cap up?

1) Maybe to 250 or at least 225 and release new buildings, equipment (Respect and money) that are worth buying for you guys?

2)Maybe add along some new goals including a new map that drops m4a1s again?

3) Maybe have that new map open up at lvl 210 and gives the upcoming HLP's a chance at the m4s to give you seniors a new challenge?

4) Maybe Funzio should encourage people to continue to develop their hoods and encourage buying gold buildings b/c of new in-game cash weapons worth buying that are unlocked ≤200.

5) Maybe release new PvP-obtained loot that is actually used in your mafia that you start receiving once you reach lvl 200?

6) What other ideas do you have?

THE POLL EXPLAINED: (multiple choice poll!)

A = Raise the cap! We want to encourage others to join us up here!

B = Raise the cap! I need a new challenge or I may "win" the game soon.

C = Raise the cap! We could all use some new content up here, its getting boring.

D = Keep the cap, I like it how it is.

E = Keep the cap, I may be quitting soon anyways.

F = Keep the cap. New content is always good, although a new cap is unnecessary.

dudeman
06-29-2012, 02:03 PM
G = Fix the game before even considering new content of any kind.

Dreno33
06-29-2012, 02:10 PM
G = Fix the game before even considering new content of any kind.

elaborate?

dudeman
06-29-2012, 02:30 PM
There are many things that are buggy. The level cap/XP cap for one thing. It causes the modifiers from the Pathmaker and Blackout RPG to stop working. That would happen regardless of where the cap happens, be it the current cap or wherever the cap would be if they add more levels. A second problem would be event modifiers in general. There have been issues with them. That was the given reason for delaying the rollout of the Black Widow Shotgun. The effect of the Crazy Hit'n'Runner is invisible (for now, supposedly. It may be visible in the future, that remains unclear). Event modifiers are features that many people spend ridiculous amounts of gold in order to obtain. It is not right that the effects won by such modifiers remain invisible "because they feel like keeping some things a mystery". The effects of event modifiers should certainly not stop working altogether due to other bugs within the game, as is currently the case with the +XX% better payout from jobs modifier.

There still aren't enough players in the 170 - 200 range to form a rivals list that more closely resembles the rivals list at lower levels, so increasing the cap won't do/change/fix anything there.

Every update lists "bug fixes". They really should limit new content until they are confident that 90%+ of the bugs have been patched.

New content is always pushed before it seems to be actually ready for launch, and with existing issues it just adds more problems for them to "look into". Taking care of the existing problems would make their jobs easier in the future because new content released with new bugs will be more easily noticed and fixed.

A = Increased level cap does nothing to encourage players to "join us up here". If it does, I think you might want to better explain how, exactly.

B = Level cap has no impact on how challenging the game is. Everything you do throws XP at you, reaching the level cap is a matter of time regardless of where you cap it.

C = New content... Meh, fix the game first.

D = Keep the cap. Sure, but that doesn't mean I like the bugs and problems that still/already exist.

E = If someone is quitting soon then it doesn't really matter does it? People make that decision regardless of level or where they are at in the game.

F = Again, sure, leave the cap where it is, but I don't agree that new content is always good. It depends on i) whether the new content works properly or just introduces new problems, and ii) whether they plan to fix the existing issues that currently exist.

Since none of the given options are appropriate for my vote, I provided a seventh option that summed up my thoughts in one sentence.