PDA

View Full Version : Terrible vial open rates....

eternalfire
06-29-2012, 01:10 PM
How on earth are people in the top 500 having 3+ more vials than I do... Jeez I didn't even know that many players are playing so hardcore. They're consistently 2-3 ahead of me and I'm opening ~16 a day i think.... I haven't been getting much vials, probably not even going to get 20 by the end of the event. Just wonder if any free players out there are hanging in the top 500. I'm currently at 11 vials :(

Anyhows, kind of tired of every event thus far being a event dominantly for gem buyers. But I guess that's how these games have to operate. Was originally planning to drop 10 bucks on this event, but seeing how some buyers reported a close to 40-50% vial upon opening the box I dont think I can even close the gap to get into top 500.

So anyways... >_> if anyone is interested to try a pretty nice card game I just found on app store look for rage of bahamut and add me for an awesome bonus :D referral code is akn66103 .. probably against forum rules to post this but meh =P

Also goodluck to everyone else on this event :)

Vidia
06-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Exactly what I predicted two days ago, NO FREE PLAYER IN TOP 500. ABSOLUTELY NO WAY.

see my post at: http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36441-Collect-Viles-of-Hellfire&p=300875#post300875

It takes at least 400 gems and 2000 gems to get into top 500 and top 50 lists.

Winstrol
06-29-2012, 02:03 PM
I'm free player and I'm currently have 18 vials and 56 left to open :P

Crime City Mark
06-29-2012, 02:10 PM
So, just a note (I'll add this to the sticky post). The drop rate of vials in this event is much, much higher than in a "get to 10" event.

eternalfire
06-29-2012, 02:26 PM
So, just a note (I'll add this to the sticky post). The drop rate of vials in this event is much, much higher than in a "get to 10" event.

Thanks for the reply CC Mark, the drop rate seems higher for sure. Just one of my concern is the really tight time limit to obtain the "free" grand prize of 20 vials this time around. I don't have any statistic other than a few forum posters and myself who stay on top of box opens all day and possibly nights. Seeing how there's like a day left and I'm about half way to the goal is a little bit disheartening =P

DIrishB
06-29-2012, 02:32 PM
The box drop rate is definitely much higher than the last event.

The thing most people are having a problem with (myself included) is the small amount of vials in opened boxes in comparison to gold and honor bonuses. As someone who dropped $70 on gems for this event (though used at least half on gem units since the vial in open box percentage is so ridiculously low -- factoring in the gold and honor wins the vials are in maybe 15-20% of opened chests... That's just really low), I've decided these events just aren't worth the cost for the prize ratios currently provided.

I'd say just get rid of the honor and gold bonuses (these are disappointing no matter the number when you're spending gems to open boxes) and stick to vials or lower level gem units as prizes, with very small chance for medium level gem units. At least this way those who aren't getting vials won't feel disappointed or "ripped off" and just may even be prompted to buy more gem units when they see how effective they are on the battlefield.

But yeah, 25 honor prizes are terrible. I can get the same from using 10 stamina or less, and even the gold prizes (while slightly more palatable) are still not really cutting the mustard.

I understand there's a particular approach you have to take to ensure these events are profitable, and I love the idea, but the execution still needs some work. Anyone spending money on gems isn't going to be happy with a honor or gold dump unless it's extremely high (7500 gold in a chest was ok, but that's nothing for high level players).

Really think a higher ratio of lower cost gem units or high cost gold units is a much more preferable route for the players, and honestly think you'd sell more gems for these events by making the chance prizes more worthwhile than honor or gold. Sorry, I'm just being repetitive at this point.

Still, great game and I'll be playing and buying gems for a long while yet (I just won't waste the gems on games of chance as opposed to guaranteed units in the store).

kevin9999
06-29-2012, 02:51 PM
To me that means 50/50. My success rate using the in game money is about 15%. I usually fail 5 or 6 in a row, then get one. It is obvious this is geared to money players. In the past events on here and Crime City I was ok with letting them get better prizes with added attack etc. But giving the top 50 the ability to upgrade two properties at once is a HUGE advantage. I have to say me desire to play this game wanes every time I fail to open. I have played Crime City religiously over the last 8 or so months making sure to try and open every hour while I was awake and sometimes even grabbing my phone in the middle of the night. However as it becomes more and more geared to money plays I am thinking its time to quit. I created excel sheets with ROE and ROT and planned each upgrade out for a week at a time so they woudlnt finish while I was sleeping. I was dedicated and loved the games. But not its like a gambling addiction. Pay more and more to maybe get a top prize. I know Funzio is a business and wants to make money, but if they alienate too many of the free players the ones who do pay will have no one to play with.
That said I am going to be stopping with this game. I will continue with CC for a bit to complete a goal I set but the imbalance in this game it becoming to great.

whiterider
06-29-2012, 03:09 PM
I don't know how many gems you have to spend to get in the top 50, I quit buying gems after 1800, I first bought around 200, than another 1500 and I had some. I am currently in the top 500 with 22 vials and I am just opening boxes with game money. I do not feel sorry about the gems, but I do wonder how many gems did the top 10 players spend on this.

2 Upgrades at the same time is a very powerful thing and I was greedy about it but...

Vidia
06-29-2012, 03:15 PM
FYI, I opened the last 8 boxes with "Rusty knife" -- the free option, only got one 50 HP.

Decided to go free opening after 12 sorries in a row, after getting just 7 vials out of 45 gold attempts.

jeffelms
06-29-2012, 07:16 PM
Yes I've noticed the drop rate is much higher, but that really does no good when the open rate is much lower. I guess that is to encourage people to use gems and not feel like they are wasting unopened boxes.

spectra
06-29-2012, 07:41 PM

Drop rate of Viles could be higher but no good if you can not open the boxes

For the past days I have only been able to open 1 in 7 to 10 tries, while in the regular events it was more like 1 in 4-6, and I am very active during events, I try 18-20 times per day (I wake up during the night, medical issues, only time I do not mind having them, lol)
yesterday I got #18 at 5pm, then nothing until past midnight (8 hours later) then from 1am to 10am finally open another just to get 150 Honor point, then again at 3pm another 150 HP, nothing at 4 and at 5pm I got #19, by error (fat finger pressed the Gem option instead of the Gold one, at least I got a Vile), currently 2 "sorry" in a row again, not surprisingly.
At least in my personal experience with this event
Cheers

Shulaya
06-29-2012, 08:01 PM
Right now I'm stuck on only 3 vials. The last chest I opened was about 12 or 13 tries ago, and that gave me 50 Honor points. I've tried both the rusty knife option and the gold option.

Are others' stats as terrible as mine?

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-29-2012, 08:57 PM
In this event I've had an improved open rate versus failed, and an improved drop rate overall compared to the last two events.

Honestly, I appreciate this event. While not probable to get in the top 500 as a free player (ok, so I used 100 gems to reset and open boxes, big deal), it's not impossible either.

However, it is impossible to get that other unit with the bonus without a huge amount of cash flow. Even then, not likely unless a LOT spent.

That being said, CCM I have a question: can you propose another 10-gem-like event (and I would suggest ASAP) to get a unit that allows a similar boost, such as 50% or 40% (not lower though) less time to build and upgrade? While it would be astronomically awesome to have that unit AND the two builds at once, having at least this unit will be awesome unto itself.

With great drop rates. :)

eternalfire
06-29-2012, 10:32 PM
I particularly like how we get official responses to our concerns regarding events. Transparency is a step for the better between a company and their customers. This event, as dire as it may seem, is a step or two better than the previous 10 ring event. We have better information and some of our suggestions were integrated, ie the leader board.

However, I think what's still not really addressed is that some people are not able consistently open 15+ boxes a day. And even those who does still find themselves on a rather thin line between getting the last gem/vial for the prize and not. If I had anything to suggest is perhaps an alternate method for players who are not physically able to access the game during the day (work related etc) Maybe reducing the timer by using energy might be an option that could be considered since players have to PVE to get boxes and people who doesn't have time to PVE during the day can save up energy for a few extra opens. Just a thought =P

Futon
06-30-2012, 12:00 AM
opened pretty often since the event and only had 2 boxes open this entire time and both had vials. Last 2 events i had 8 of the items + countless other things from boxes opening....

Krug
06-30-2012, 12:58 AM
Well I'm barely remaining in the top 500 and I don't spend money on gems. Have used coins to open the boxes and have 15 vials so far, so that's three of the elementals with about 23 hours to go. (No, I don't skip sleep or work to open boxes.)

Never believed in spending real dollars. If I am in the top 500, cool. If not, no big deal. Am level 86 with 30k in offense and defense, which is about par I believe. Yes, the gold buyers will still kick my ass, but spending $ on a game like this to get better stats doesn't really enhance gameplay.

YLL
07-01-2012, 01:47 AM

Mark, do you mean the drop rate of vials or drop rate of boxes? I ended the event with 9 vials and 20 boxes (stopped collecting the latter waaayyyy before event end)... while over in the MW night goggle event, I finished with 9 night goggles... The lack of vials was particularly disappointing as I regard KA as my main game now.