PDA

View Full Version : I Don't Get It?

Whip88
06-29-2012, 05:40 AM
Hi Guy's,

It has been so long since i have had the time to log onto the forum and post. I hope all is well i still get to read the odd post from my i phone in short stints.

I see heaps of new faces while going back to catch up on what i missed, also very little posts from the old veterans. I am guessing most of the new ones are android users?

Now my main reason for this post, i really don't care anymore for attacking or robbing. All i do is build my economy (i guess its like the sims lol) Which got me thinking: Why do we have an economy?

Some players have nothing but gold and event items in play but are also building a great economy for what? to buy low grade weapons? or for story mode?

I know most players are casual spenders there for might occupy 20 to 100 gold items, have 50 to 100 event items and need an economy for the rest like Fbi shields, Yachts and Jets.

Are we ever going to be able to buy really high end items with 40-50 attack or defense? With the current rate of events any of the in game cash items will soon have no use at any level.

Funzio/Gree need to amend this sooner rather than later because there is no point to attack anyone to obtain cash, what would you even spend it on? The purpose that drives this game is loosing its purpose.

I don't want to quit but its hard waiting for something cool to happen.

Sorry for my rant rather than a post.

Now that the company has changed hands i would also like to see:

More decorations to symbolise more gangs also cars they have these in other maps charge gold if you have to.
More expansions also charge gold if you have to
Make defense builds actually work(we would fill our hoods with them if that was the case)
The ability to bring 1000 mafia to battle promotes huge gold spending
More buildings from the other maps(more gold for funzio)

I hear Cold Karma has close to 150 members soon it will be called cold city lol

Thanks,
Natas (910 776 336) i could also use more mafia.

AppleMacGuy
06-29-2012, 05:57 AM
Make defense builds actually work(we would fill our hoods with them if that was the case)
I already did that in anticipation but it is and forever will be a futile exercise.

upsman_17
06-29-2012, 06:01 AM
I asked myself this the other day when I was planning out my next few upgrades. What's it all for? It's like busy work.

AppleMacGuy
06-29-2012, 06:07 AM
Are we ever going to be able to buy really high end items with 40-50 attack or defense? With the current rate of events any of the in game cash items will soon have no use at any level.

Of course not...anyone who believes otherwise is a fool. Why do you think the only 2 decent farming items, the name of which I shall not write, were nerfed? It's a case of spend gold or make do...

Having said that, it is necessary to spend any gold if you invest RP wisely you can quite happily enjoy this game...just stay clear of the HLs by having sub-400 mafia.

Digressing slightly but I'm speaking from experience here...on my own account of course I have happily spent a fair amount to get my stats right up there. Whereas my son's account we have not spent any cash...just picked up free TapJoy gold which we've used to buy 2 ice-creams (both L10 now) so far and have enough saved up for the first Rock Cafe (when it's unlocked in a few levels). And that is how we will play. By robbing wisely we have acquired a load of RP weapons (that are avalable under L100) and his stats are up amongst the top 5% for his level. Really, only the heavy gold spenders or very long time campers can beat him.

Final thing, IMO the free event items more than make up for the farming nerfs...it is quite easy (with a bit of effort of course) to get the 3rd, 5th and 7th items and with some luck the 9th. With the events being run so frequently you can get some good stuff into your inventory for free.

Whip88
06-29-2012, 06:09 AM
I have started to do the same, you must have nearly maxed out those muary quay buildings. Did you even get the machine gun and missile turrets?

If they addressed these issues they game would go forward resulting a larger profit for the company in the end game but if your already wiping your arse with 20's there is no point going to 50's the only difference is colour of the note texture is all the same.

This would take an intermediate developer less than a couple of days to exercise these changes.

Swifty
06-29-2012, 06:23 AM
How long would it take a beginning developer?

One that was selling shoes last week.

Whip88
06-29-2012, 06:35 AM
How long would it take a beginning developer?

One that was selling shoes last week.

Probably 3 weeks with a lot of direction, do you sell shoes? Where are you from swifty?
I am in Oz.

Whip88
06-29-2012, 06:38 AM
I asked myself this the other day when I was planning out my next few upgrades. What's it all for? It's like busy work.

Hi mate,

How long till the kiddo arrives? I have a 10 week old now, it hurts even when you fall asleep.

Bala82
06-29-2012, 06:40 AM
: Why do we have an economy?

1) If you don't want attack and rob anyone you need the money to buy buildings and upgrade
2) To show off to your rivals that you have better hoods than theres
3) Know in real life you never be able afford all that land but in the game you can
4) To kill time when your bored
5) To see whether you can buy a nightclub at last goal until they come up with another building to replace it.

Whip88
06-29-2012, 08:02 AM
1) If you don't want attack and rob anyone you need the money to buy buildings and upgrade
2) To show off to your rivals that you have better hoods than theres
3) Know in real life you never be able afford all that land but in the game you can
4) To kill time when your bored
5) To see whether you can buy a nightclub at last goal until they come up with another building to replace it.

1) I personally don't care to attack or rob but it's the object of the game, building an economy should be to but the rewards don't outweigh the time and effort.
2) The best hood I have seen yet had nothing but trees it was awesome.
3) I live in Aus you can buy acres for nothing.
5) I have the NC already.
4) is where you've got me and it's the only reson I play, I get bored.

Bala82
06-29-2012, 08:29 AM
Well there is a suggestion topic sticky at the top of the fourm for your suggestion

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?36336-What-do-YOU-want-to-see-in-Crime-City

Hopefully some of these suggestion will implemented within next few months