PDA

View Full Version : Good things about events like Villes of hellfires, etc.

Vidia
06-28-2012, 03:16 PM
With big gem players focusing on events, weaker players can start saving gold for big ticket purchase
and worry less about looting or farming from big gem players. Buildings like manors or some high level upgrade would require saving for from many hours to couple days.

Try to look from the positive side. :)

Timbathia
06-28-2012, 08:13 PM
I was with you until I thought about the 80K or so I have spent on not being able to open boxes, and thinking about how that would have made a nice despoit on a manor, or else given me 16 basilisks that I could use to track down the person that programmed what constitutes a fair chance to open a box.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-28-2012, 08:57 PM
I like that even if you only get, say, 14 vials, they set it up that you can still have the chance of getting an AWESOME unit without getting all of the units leading up to it. :)

tcapi
06-28-2012, 09:24 PM
With big gem players focusing on events, weaker players can start saving gold for big ticket purchase and worry less about looting or farming from big gem players.

Not so. Everyone is up and checking on the game now and then, I have observed more players attempting to attack and to loot. On the flip side, all players are clearing their money buildings more frequently......

Vidia
06-28-2012, 09:31 PM
So far I have used gold to open 45 boxes. I only have 7 vials, and consequently only one gem unit at 31/37 a/d points. But I spent over 100k gold at 2375 per opening, minus reward gold I got around 20k, so in total I am short of 80k gold.

My unit a/d convention is about 120gold per a/d point, I could have got over 600 a/d points, but now I only got 68(31+37), even I count the 10th gem unit, it is only 27/69, total extra 96 a/d points, and I need to get another three vials for it.

If I don't open with gold, I would have extra 600 a/d points, opening with gold, I only got 68 a/d points, bad investment. Next event, I open with no gold.

Timbathia
06-28-2012, 09:41 PM
So true Vidia. In previous events it has been a good investment, as you normally get three or four indestructible units, along with some decent other loot.

I just got my 15th sorry in a row. This is not a good event.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-28-2012, 09:48 PM
Uhm...technically saying the event is not good is off topic of the thread. Lol

Vidia
06-29-2012, 04:04 AM
Still 7 vials. Seems even the second unit is mission impossible now. I don't believe any free player could reach

Bea
06-29-2012, 04:37 AM
Struggling to find good things to say about this event... no luck and nothing to console, not even an enhanced bike.

And feel a bit sorry for anyone overspending through addiction! Just one more....

jeffelms
06-29-2012, 04:46 AM
I've got one good thing about this event. It's shown me that spending gems on these things is pointless and I'll never do it again. So Funzio is saving me money in not buying gems anymore. Thank you Funzio.

Bea
06-29-2012, 05:48 AM
I thought of something good about this event!

I can fully use my energy bar killing monsters not worrying about saving energy in case an event starts.

The_Red
06-29-2012, 06:38 AM
Im still failing to comprehend how people are getting up into the high 60s opening boxes. Its just mind boggling at the amount of money in Gems one would have to spend to get there.

Nce007
06-29-2012, 07:05 AM
Ive been playing Kingdom Age since it started & the couple of events we've had have been good, but in my opinion this latest event has been set up to take advantage of the high gold spenders, I've bought gold but not much because I'm a disabled person who lives off a fixed income each month so I am limited to the amount of gold I can buy, this event is hard unless you have the gold to buy gems looking at the leader board tells me this when I last looked 1st position was on 64 Vials, so the average player will be extremely lucky to get into the top 50 & I mean lucky like getting a vial on every box opened every hour, I've opened my boxes with in game cash & I only have 10 vials but I've had more fails than successes. Events like these are good fun but unfair as well in my opinion

Joe Brown1
06-29-2012, 07:10 AM
It will be interesting to see if (a) they do this event again and (b) how it progresses a second time. I think a lot of people started spending gems early not realizing how high the cost was going to be. But once you got halfway through you had to keep going or it was all a waste - especially since you could get the top 500 for free or relatively few gems. I look forward to seeing if people either don't spend gems at all next time or wait until the very end.

PorkChopExpress
06-29-2012, 08:00 AM
Another benefit is that it exposes the gem players... and how much $ people are really pouring into the game... I mean, 33 vials?! I was (extremely) fortunate to get to 10 last event (Indestructible w/ the added honor bonus), but only have 7 vials & less than 2 days left. I have virtually no shot at getting in the top 500 since the gap grows farther every night when I go to sleep... Me, and my cheap a$$ will just pick up as many free units as possible. BUT, I agree with the previous poster that I've spent way more on gold (2nd option) attempts than I've gotten a benefit from.

Since this event (more than any other in the past) is really geared at $$$ players, I'll probably stick to my farming spots and building up my kingdom organically.

Hapl0
06-29-2012, 08:09 AM
At least the event is fair in the sense that had a leaderboard and if they decide to repeat this event they will let some time pass and the water stay in calm. Maybe if they decide another event like this it wil have 3 or 4 prizes, top 1500, top 1000, top 500, top 50 or something like this. I think funzio/gree are experimenting new ways, in MW there is a new event PvE and a promotion if u buy all LE units may win one of three units (common, uncommon and rare) with stats almost like an event prize but without boost.

In some way i expect all the new events will use the leaderboard and maybe improve the message system between allies because there are not secrets there.

Vidia
06-29-2012, 08:35 AM
As I said before, I am opening boxes with rusty knife, no gold. Of course, no success, but at least more gold saved, I will have enough by the end of event to get my first manor.

Nyx
06-29-2012, 09:03 AM
I kind of touched on my bright side in the other viles thread, that if this kind of event becomes the norm, it'll save me money because after the 'Ooo shiny!' vibe started to fade when I first saw the brand new event with the brand new leader board, I realized just how this event was not for me. I admit I'm an impulsive gold/gem buyer, especially when I'm sitting on event item #9 but this current event stopped my gem buying cold.

I'm really concerned though, if I were a new player and I logged into KA for the first time and saw how this event went down, I think I'd scoff and immediately delete the app from my iPad because it is so blatantly slanted to those who don't mind throwing tons of RL cash at a mobile app game. I want free players to stay because without them, Funzio games would become boring real fast with a low player population.

YLL
06-29-2012, 09:29 AM
At least the event is fair in the sense that had a leaderboard and if they decide to repeat this event they will let some time pass and the water stay in calm. Maybe if they decide another event like this it wil have 3 or 4 prizes, top 1500, top 1000, top 500, top 50 or something like this. I think funzio/gree are experimenting new ways, in MW there is a new event PvE and a promotion if u buy all LE units may win one of three units (common, uncommon and rare) with stats almost like an event prize but without boost.

In some way i expect all the new events will use the leaderboard and maybe improve the message system between allies because there are not secrets there.

There's a really good "Beat the Boss" event going on now in MW - much better than this KA vial event, imho.

For those who don't already know, basically, any attack, raid or PVE you do has the chance of sparking a fight with a Boss. If you win the fight, you get an indestructible unit (which range from rare to common). Each subsequent Boss gets harder to beat, and you can pay to improve your odds of winning.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-29-2012, 09:36 AM
And another good thing -- cheaters will be found on this one even more so. If Funzio seems someone with 28 vials, they can see if the person spent money. Same with the people with higher vials. Same with the flushing out on the IPH event.

Joie
06-29-2012, 10:04 AM
I am a free player and I am sitting on ten vials o it can be reached, also received enough cash in other loot openings that have paid for a good percentage of the openings. Overall these events are just fun things to break up the gameplay and help kill some more time. Got to 9 on both the other events and I've never spent a penny on the game.

Joie
06-29-2012, 10:11 AM
Your point about the a/d factor does not take into account the fact that all those purchased units will have to be replaced time and again as they are killed off and anything you get during an event is indestructible .

Nyx
06-29-2012, 10:24 AM
I am a free player and I am sitting on ten vials o it can be reached, also received enough cash in other loot openings that have paid for a good percentage of the openings. Overall these events are just fun things to break up the gameplay and help kill some more time. Got to 9 on both the other events and I've never spent a penny on the game.

Well if most free players feel this way maybe there is no reason to be concerned after all but don't you think you have a better chance of succeeding at an event if you're competing against your own odds rather than another player's deep wallet? Sure, you're barely in reach of the top 500 but I bet that 'barely' is going to become even more remote as the last day ends and more gem buyers are making sure to keep themselves in the top 500 with real cash.

Joie
06-29-2012, 11:42 AM
Oh I have no doubts that I'll end up out of the top 500, my only goal is to see if maybe I can get to 15, which is pretty good because I was looking at trying to just get to 10 when it started. Funzio has to generate revenue so a free player will never compete with a paid player in any of these events, if i do happen To reach the grand prize of 10 gems or in the top 500 , in an event like this one,well it's just an unexpected bonus. In the end, for me, it just adds another quest of sorts when these events are opened up and lets me kill some more time and have some fun while waiting for that end of the hour when I get to see, sorry better luck,20k,gem,200 hp or whatever the reward may or may not be.

Nyx
06-29-2012, 11:50 AM
Hmm. Ok then.

Oh Funzio generates revenue all right, I'm sure over and above what most MMOs rake in, I'd be surprised if they didn't. I don't mind buying gems/gold to beef up my account every so often but even to me as someone who spends real cash on these games, the transparent greed of this particular event is rather sickening.

Freekizh
06-29-2012, 12:39 PM
Your point about the a/d factor does not take into account the fact that all those purchased units will have to be replaced time and again as they are killed off and anything you get during an event is indestructible .

That's exactly right..the value of an indestructible depends on your ally count and on how much PvP you do.

whiterider
06-29-2012, 03:16 PM
Someone was discussing the price of the vial units in this event, that it is not worth to spedn 100k Gold on one unit, but I have to disagree, I am lvl 27 at the moment, no gems used on buidlings, only to open vials, I have lvl 10 siege tower and 34/16 unit that costs 3600 gold, with all the rivals attacks I am doing I have so much unspend gold that I have bought weapons and armors, have more than 50 flaming catapults more than I need at the moment. On what do you think you can use the unspend gold? If you just leave it, I will take it :) So it doesnt matter how much game gold the vials cost.

Vidia
06-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Someone was discussing the price of the vial units in this event, that it is not worth to spedn 100k Gold on one unit, but I have to disagree, I am lvl 27 at the moment, no gems used on buidlings, only to open vials, I have lvl 10 siege tower and 34/16 unit that costs 3600 gold, with all the rivals attacks I am doing I have so much unspend gold that I have bought weapons and armors, have more than 50 flaming catapults more than I need at the moment. On what do you think you can use the unspend gold? If you just leave it, I will take it :) So it doesnt matter how much game gold the vials cost.

It is impossible for you to have excessive/unnecessary gold if you have the right strategy -- meaning you properly ally and upgrade unit/money buildings.

More gold could always bring your more A/D points or more IPH, which in the end turns into A/D points. You can spend the gold anywhere you like, but certainly spending on some things provides better return than others.

Vidia
06-29-2012, 03:46 PM
I saved 110K gold since this morning when I stopped opening with gold. I would have enough for my first manor at the end of event. Not bothered by any single attack so far, very quite and peaceful out there. Guess every one is busy counting their VIALS. NOT me, I gave up opening by gold, but continue to open by "RUSTY KNIFE", no luck yet, only got a 50HP out of 8 attempts.