PDA

View Full Version : Pathmaker, Blackout RPG, not functioning as intended?

dudeman
06-27-2012, 11:47 PM
At level 200 you can still gain XP, but eventually (within seconds, maybe up to a minute) it is subtracted from your total. That's not the issue.

The issue is that when I do a job and collect the cash, some of the cash is subtracted from my cash on hand when my XP is updated!

I just finished Bruno Genova, the boss on the Auto Row map, and he payed out ~$41k this time. I had already hit him 8 out of the required 11 times previously, so just now I only had to hit him 3 times for 88 XP per hit.

When the 264 XP was subtracted from my total XP, ~$11k was also subtracted from my cash on hand! I have been noticing this for several days but thought maybe I was seeing things. Giving the game the benefit of the doubt for a change, I decided to just keep making observations to see if this would continue happening. It has, although for a while I really and truly did think I was just imagining it because by the time the XP was resetting to the previous amount, I would already have the bank open and the amount of cash on hand would start dropping too close to when I would touch the deposit button.

This time I decided to just do nothing. I collected the cash and waited until my XP went back to where it was, and sure enough my cash on hand dropped from ~$41k to ~$30k. I know the cash wasn't lost in a fight, in case that argument comes up. The only way that could be a possibility is if the cash did not appear as cash lost in a fight, and if the news story was/is delayed by several hours, as I have not yet lost a fight since this occurred according to my news, and I have not lost cash in a fight for a very long time since I use the bank obsessively.

I'm just guessing as to a potential cause for this, but I think one or both of my +xx% payout from jobs event prizes are not working properly. I don't know if cash is subtracted from the bank as part of this bug or if it applies to only cash on hand, but there is definitely something occurring that should not be.

Has anyone with one or both of those event prizes noticed anything like this? Just as a reminder and for the sake of clarity, the prizes I am referring to are The Pathmaker (+20% better payout from jobs) and the Blackout RPG (+30% better payout from jobs). Since the most recent example I can give is ~$41k payout - ~$11k, it is possible that only the RPG is malfunctioning. However, if one of the items is not working properly I can't dismiss the possibility that both items are affected since the modifier descriptions are exactly the same, save for one being more rewarding than the other.

Sadly, this also causes me to doubt the effectiveness of 3 of my other event prizes: both of the guns that (supposedly) add +100 attack skill, and the car that (supposedly) increases attack from vehicles by 20%.

This is not my happy face. :(

Swingle007
06-28-2012, 05:47 AM
That sucks!

AppleMacGuy
06-28-2012, 06:26 AM
I can also confirm that the cash on hand received from a Job decreased when the XP returned to normal. I'll need to experiment some more to determine which scenarios cause an issue, but the bottom line is that this is a(nother) bug in the game. Well spotted!

DenZ1
06-28-2012, 06:51 AM
I can also confirm that the cash on hand received from a Job decreased when the XP returned to normal. I'll need to experiment some more to determine which scenarios cause an issue, but the bottom line is that this is a(nother) bug in the game. Well spotted!

What does it means "XP returns to normal"?

upsman_17
06-28-2012, 07:00 AM

I think after level 200, your XP meter should stop increasing.

upsman_17
06-28-2012, 07:04 AM
Sadly, this also causes me to doubt the effectiveness of 3 of my other event prizes: both of the guns that (supposedly) add +100 attack skill, :(

No no no...I have the bank buster too and it clearly shows 100 more skill points in attack that were not there previously. But we both know that there is no way to determine what that actually does or verify that it actually does it. This is my sad face too :(

AppleMacGuy
06-28-2012, 08:05 AM

So once you reach L200 you have attained the max XP which is 1,364,300. However, some game actions such as clicking a job or robbing will still (temporarily) increase your XP beyond the max level. Within a few seconds though (perhaps triggered by a game server connection?) the XP will revert back to the max value again.

Dreno33
06-28-2012, 09:25 AM
LOL - you made a second one. hope he doesn't get mad and ban you

i need muney
06-28-2012, 10:57 AM
I <3 Funzio

dudeman
06-28-2012, 11:06 AM
LOL - you made a second one. hope he doesn't get mad and ban you

Within minutes of reposting with a fixed title he suggested I do so via PM. I guess I thought of it before he suggested it.

Anyways, I've done a little more testing on this matter, and here is something else I have noticed. Sometimes I can collect the cash from a job and just sit with it on hand for several minutes. My XP doesn't change either. But as soon as I force a server connection/update by using the bank, the instant my cash starts going into the bank my XP goes back to 1,364,312. (12 points above the max because when I gained XP to level up to 200 it put me 12 points over)

I will have to keep testing that to figure out if anything is deducted from my cash during the transfer into the bank, but it seems that the trigger (or a trigger) for this bug is a server connection. So, I guess it's possible that the items do work according to my game, but somewhere on the Funzio end something disagrees with what my game says and "fixes" the problem when my game talks to the server.

dudeman
06-28-2012, 11:13 AM
No no no...I have the bank buster too and it clearly shows 100 more skill points in attack that were not there previously. But we both know that there is no way to determine what that actually does or verify that it actually does it. This is my sad face too :(

Well... We can see the +100 on the skills page from both the Bank Buster and the Black Widow, but remember the delay rolling out the prizes when the Underboss PvP Tournament finished? They said it was because the way the +100 worked wasn't the best and they were changing it. So really, who the F knows right? We have no way to even give it a best guess.

Since issues with modifiers and event prizes is becoming more and more common it would seem, I think it's somewhat irrational to just assume they work. Based on repeated issues, if the effect of a modifier is not visible it makes more sense to assume it's not there. Which really sucks for Funzio because when they say "trust us, it's there", we can't trust them until something is fixed and we have proof that a solution has been implemented.

What a disaster.

i need muney
06-28-2012, 12:45 PM
Can't trust them ANYMORE? You are a riot! :D

dudeman
06-28-2012, 12:50 PM
Can't trust them ANYMORE? You are a riot! :D

Looks like I had my own little oversight. :p

Fixed it. Lol!

dudeman
06-28-2012, 03:08 PM
I just lost another ~$11k out of a ~$50k payout because of this bug.

So on two separate occasions I have lost ~30% and ~20% of the payout from a job, which means that one or both of the modifiers associated with the Pathmaker and Blackout RPG are not working, but not necessarily every time, and not necessarily at the same time. I have not yet noticed a deduction from my cash on hand equivalent to 50% of the actual payout.

Is it possible that the item's modifiers do not stack and there is no priority in place to determine which one will take effect at any given time?

Is this problem caused by having both the Pathmaker and Blackout RPG present in the same person's inventory?

Funzio, would it be too much to ask for some of these serious bugs and/or glitches to be fixed before ANY new content, including events, is released?

Event modifiers are not working as intended, releasing more modifiers that do not function properly will only create a bigger mess to be cleaned up.

mnju_03
06-28-2012, 03:10 PM
I always thought something was off on my pathmaker...

dudeman
06-28-2012, 06:05 PM
I must be paying the bank a lot more than 10%. I just did another job and got $8436. I should have banked almost $7600 of that, but I only took about a $5500 increase in the bank. Seems like both the Pathmaker and the Blackout RPG didn't provide any actual gain that time. Just a temporary number that goes *poof* when the game thinks you're not looking.

I'm glad I got both of those items for free, but I'm certain that not everyone who got those items also spent zero gold in their effort to obtain them. Whoever spent gold for those two events got scammed big time.

Are there still only AMG, mnju, and myself noticing this non-functional status of these event modifiers?

Babytway
06-28-2012, 06:12 PM
from reading this seems to be a bug only affecting lvl 200s from the system adjusting the xp to roll back im guessing it is adjusting the cash on hand that is tied to the xp that also paid out more from jobs. this is similiar to the rp glitch that was goin on with HD version before

like the rp glitch if you bank your cash before it catches up you should be fine. but you shouldn't have to be rush to do so.

dudeman
06-28-2012, 06:27 PM
from reading this seems to be a bug only affecting lvl 200s from the system adjusting the xp to roll back im guessing it is adjusting the cash on hand that is tied to the xp that also paid out more from jobs. this is similiar to the rp glitch that was goin on with HD version before

like the rp glitch if you bank your cash before it catches up you should be fine. but you shouldn't have to be rush to do so.

I thought rushing to bank might work too, but banking causes the game to contact the server, and communicating with the server seems to be the trigger causing this to happen. I have noticed now that every time I bank money collected from jobs I am losing much more than the 10% deposit fee. Every time, not just sometimes. Now that know what I'm looking for, I have observed this occurring each and every time I bank the cash earned from jobs. How many hundreds of thousands or even millions I have lost because of this I can't even guess, since it has likely been happening for quite some time now before I took notice.

Babytway
06-28-2012, 06:34 PM
oh wow, seems like they need a lil tweeking on the lvl 200 max limit. i did just test this out a couple times and noticed nothing, but im not lvl 200 yet. i hope they read and heed soon to get this cleared up for you guys and gals out there

dudeman
06-28-2012, 06:53 PM
oh wow, seems like they need a lil tweeking on the lvl 200 max limit. i did just test this out a couple times and noticed nothing, but im not lvl 200 yet. i hope they read and heed soon to get this cleared up for you guys and gals out there

So even if you keep the cash earned from a job on hand, nothing happens to it when your game contacts the server? It doesn't just happen when banking for me. If I just wait for the game to communicate with the server my cash on hand drops at the same time that my XP gets put back to where it was. I could test it with other things that cause the game to call the server, like refreshing the rivals list, but I already know what will happen. It doesn't matter what I do, when my XP is set back to normal, the cash earned from jobs is reduced regardless of where I have it. The only time that it would go unnoticed is if my XP is reset before I collect the cash off the ground.

BOS
06-29-2012, 05:56 AM
dudeman, I have the pathmaker, and I'm at level 199. I have no baseline on the payout's for someone without the modifier. For example, Kane da Silva is showing $1,186,800-$1,450,800 as a reward. If someone could let us know what Kane's reward is without the Pathmaker, we can do some testing now, and when I hit level 200. Or see what the reward is with both modifiers for Kane.

Also, I think this problem (losing $'s) is isolated to level 200. However, we do need to see if the modifier is working.

dudeman
06-29-2012, 09:51 AM
I am starting to think the problem only arises once the level/XP cap is reached, but in reality this should never happen.

Without adding any extra bs, the simplest way to describe the issue is that the modifiers do not work as intended. That doesn't say they don't work at all, but it cannot possibly be intentional that you gain the additional 20%, 30%, or 50% only temporarily, as eye candy, only to have the rewards vanish when you deposit the cash in the bank or have the cash on hand when the XP rolls

BOS
06-29-2012, 09:59 AM
This sucks... I'm level 199 and am not looking forward to seeing the extra bonus from the Pathmaker disappear just becuase I hit level 200.

dudeman
06-29-2012, 10:25 AM
This sucks... I'm level 199 and am not looking forward to seeing the extra bonus from the Pathmaker disappear just becuase I hit level 200.

I hear ya. If I had known about this ridiculousness in advance I wouldn't have raced to 200 like I did.