PDA

View Full Version : Hellfire Event!

Crime City Mark
06-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Right now in Kingdom Age we're running an exciting new event! Collect Demon Boxes and open them to find Vials of Hellfire. Every 5 vials, up to 20, will award you a different and powerful unit! These units cannot be lost, and are treated just like gold units.

Note, the drop rates in this event are significantly higher than in a "get to 10" event.

The top 500 players will receive the Doom Elemental, which gives you a 2% alliance attack bonus on top of being one of the most powerful units in the game!

The top 50 players will take home the unstoppable Guardian Elemental, giving them the opportunity to upgrade 2 buildings at once as well as being an absolute terror on the battlefield!

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/IMG_0115.png

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/IMG_0108.png

http://i418.photobucket.com/albums/pp261/GMOgreKing/IMG_0107.png

Let us know what you think!

Freekizh
06-27-2012, 11:55 PM
CCM the prizes look great! Two questions -

1. Could you please tell us if the probability of getting a vial drop is the same whether you have 5 vials or 100 vials, ie, it doesn't drop like the previous events.

2. Is Shiv Qa Prod your in game name :)

Thank you Sir!

Crime City Mark
06-28-2012, 12:04 AM
1) Not sure, but I'll find out in the AM. (Seriously, why am I making forum posts at midnight?)

2) Not at all. That's one of our QA people, on a private server.

Freekizh
06-28-2012, 12:06 AM
1) Not sure, but I'll find out in the AM. (Seriously, why am I making forum posts at midnight?)

Because you are a dedicated Funzio/Gree employee! :)

Thanks!

Crazy Canuck
06-28-2012, 08:29 AM
I have 2 questions

1) It say ties will be decided by level. So does that mean if I was tied with 6 others for the final 5 spots in either the top 500 or top 50 and I was the lowest level of those 6 I would miss out?

2) Is there something in place to secure the top 500 and top 50 when the event timer hit zeros that will prevent someone from leaving game open and playing into OT to get in? Would hate to go to bed thinking I was in when event ended only to find was bumped out the next morning cuase of people playing in OT

Crazy Canuck
06-28-2012, 08:31 AM
2) Not at all. That's one of our QA people, on a private server.

I would like to have his amount of stam and energy lol

HelloKelly
06-28-2012, 09:19 AM
In the first pic that OP posted, it says that the event is a kingdom age 1 week special. However, when I look at my event by clicking on the demon box in my bottom left hand corner of my screen, it says that the event will only last for 3days:14hrs. Is that right? Or is it just a glitch? I was under the impression that the event would last for 7 days and that it only started last night.

Please answer my question, I'm a but confused.

Mr Beast Lee
06-28-2012, 11:12 AM
I'm having a lot of trouble getting Vials of Hellfire, but it seems like most other people are getting them with ease. I understand that some people are spending money to get them, but over 20 in the 1st day? I've went through at least 15 demon boxes and only have 7 vials. I always opt for the medium chance of opening the box, but after getting about 4 the vials come few and far between. I was just wondering how it's calculated and how in the world some people have over 50. It doesn't seem like I have any chance comming in the top 500 even with attempting an open pretty much every hour, except when I'm asleep of course.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-28-2012, 11:58 AM
I've went through at least 15 demon boxes and only have 7 vials. I always opt for the medium chance of opening the box, but after getting about 4 the vials come few and far between. I was just wondering how it's calculated and how in the world some people have over 50. It doesn't seem like I have any chance comming in the top 500 even with attempting an open pretty much every hour, except when I'm asleep of course.

That's much better than me, although I have opened more chests than you so I have more vials (probably open 35 chests so far, maybe more, and 11 vials).

Otherwise, despite your potential disbelief, the ONLY way people could have that many vials (35+) right now, would be spending HUNDREDS of dollars of real money (possibly upwards into a thousand or more) to be able to pull it off. So it's possible.....will that be credit card or debit or iTunes?

HelloKelly
06-28-2012, 01:19 PM
Weird. Now im missing my demon boxes and there's no icon at all for the event. Did this happen to anyone else? Or is it just me? I tried to exit and go back in the app, but it still isn't there anymore. Help???

Skoty422
06-28-2012, 01:21 PM
That's one of our QA people, on a private server.

Will they continue to hold on to one of the top 50 spots? How many other QA people are holding a top leader spot? I'm sure they're just checking to make sure everything is operating as it should but will they be able to drop out or will the leader board actually reward people in 50+ rank with top prize?

Crime City Mark
06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
In the first pic that OP posted, it says that the event is a kingdom age 1 week special. However, when I look at my event by clicking on the demon box in my bottom left hand corner of my screen, it says that the event will only last for 3days:14hrs. Is that right? Or is it just a glitch? I was under the impression that the event would last for 7 days and that it only started last night.

Please answer my question, I'm a but confused.

The event had been going on for a couple of days by the time I was able to post. Sorry!

Crime City Mark
06-28-2012, 02:36 PM
Will they continue to hold on to one of the top 50 spots? How many other QA people are holding a top leader spot? I'm sure they're just checking to make sure everything is operating as it should but will they be able to drop out or will the leader board actually reward people in 50+ rank with top prize?

Private server means not a production server. Their leaderboard has no impact on yours.

Crime City Mark
06-28-2012, 02:37 PM
Weird. Now im missing my demon boxes and there's no icon at all for the event. Did this happen to anyone else? Or is it just me? I tried to exit and go back in the app, but it still isn't there anymore. Help???

You might have somehow gone back to an old version of the game.

Skoty422
06-28-2012, 02:44 PM
So I shouldn't see their name on the leader board? But I do. Maybe a duplicate name? Lol. That's an off the wall name to duplicate! Thanks for all the responses ccm!

spectra
06-28-2012, 03:22 PM
Hi CCM

I have 2 questions
1-
Why do you call the second option to open a box "Fair chance to open"????
is it "fair" to get 8 "sorry" in a row?
I thought that because we needed to collect TWICE the amount of Viles instead of the regular event's 10 the ODDS to open boxes would be better, this is only the third day of the event and I see the same patterns (if not worse) that the regular events.
(The event in itself is great to an extend, I think that the top 150 should be awarded, instead of top 50, 150 would be about 0.0003% of KA Players) but with the really bad open rate formula you guys have in place, it is not worth even trying, I personally used 1,160 GEMS to get 14 viles, then started to get crappy loot like the 50 HPs, and then I notice that the open rate is worse than in regular events, I honestly feel I got somewhat screwed and that I wasted my money on this event (I love the game, and you know Dragons are my favorites)

2-
What is with the crappy loot?? 50HPs? 150HPs?

thanks

Mr Beast Lee
06-28-2012, 04:17 PM
Otherwise, despite your potential disbelief, the ONLY way people could have that many vials (35+) right now, would be spending HUNDREDS of dollars of real money (possibly upwards into a thousand or more) to be able to pull it off. So it's possible.....will that be credit card or debit or iTunes?

I guess it's just hard to believe that people would actually spend that much money on something like that, but apparently there are plenty. I've never spend a dime on any of the games I've played like this and my accounts are looking pretty nice.....7004 attack and 8114 defense at lvl 33. Looks like your hanging right in there with the top 500 at 11 vials. Good luck, that's a pretty nice prize.

procsyzarc
06-28-2012, 06:43 PM
I don't see this event, when I log in it says I need to upgrade my game but their is no update avaliable on the ap store. In fact after further looking kingdom age doesn't even apear in the ap store at all

Timbathia
06-28-2012, 07:56 PM
Right now in Kingdom Age we're running an exciting new event! Collect Demon Boxes and open them to find Vials of Hellfire. Every 5 vials, up to 20, will award you a different and powerful unit! These units cannot be lost, and are treated just like gold units.

The top 500 players will receive the Doom Elemental, which gives you a 2% alliance attack bonus on top of being one of the most powerful units in the game!

The top 50 players will take home the unstoppable Guardian Elemental, giving them the opportunity to upgrade 2 buildings at once as well as being an absolute terror on the battlefield!

Let us know what you think!

Speaking from a free players perspective; what it seems we all think, with due respect, is that this event is awful. It has very low open rates, poor loot if you are lucky enough to get a box open, and realistically only a chance to get one unit from it. This event may be a fantastic money spinner for you, but it will also offside many free players (perhaps this is of no concern though).

CounterSniper
06-28-2012, 08:10 PM
Speaking from a free players perspective; what it seems we all think, with due respect, is that this event is awful. It has very low open rates, poor loot if you are lucky enough to get a box open, and realistically only a chance to get one unit from it. This event may be a fantastic money spinner for you, but it will also offside many free players (perhaps this is of no concern though).

It has and will continue to infuriate a lot of gem buyers as well. Not a good idea imo. (Speaking from a gem users perspective)

Timbathia
06-28-2012, 08:17 PM
It has and will continue to infuriate a lot of gem buyers as well. Not a good idea imo. (Speaking from a gem users perspective)

I am glad to hear that as well. I assume that the gem buyers like having all the free players around as that gives them someone to beat up on. One of the great things about these games is that there are so many people involved, so hopefully someone takes note.

Crazy Canuck
06-28-2012, 08:28 PM
I have 2 questions

1) It say ties will be decided by level. So does that mean if I was tied with 6 others for the final 5 spots in either the top 500 or top 50 and I was the lowest level of those 6 I would miss out?

2) Is there something in place to secure the top 500 and top 50 when the event timer hit zeros that will prevent someone from leaving game open and playing into OT to get in? Would hate to go to bed thinking I was in when event ended only to find was bumped out the next morning cuase of people playing in OT
You missed my question CCM

Crime City Mark
06-28-2012, 10:19 PM
You missed my question CCM

Or I just didn't answer.

Great_wall2
06-28-2012, 10:37 PM
Thanks CCM for answering most of the questions that are being posted. This is more interactive dialogue with you / Funzio than I have ever seen before. It is a great start to what you had previously posted on increasing customer service.

Khyron
06-29-2012, 06:27 AM
This sort of sucks for me as I've been playing every hour for days but only now did the demon box game start to appear. Now I only have 1 day 17 hours to catch up a week's game, with zero viles. Is there anyone else that has a game that puts them at such a HUGE disadvantage?

The_Red
06-29-2012, 06:39 AM
Or I just didn't answer.

for some reason this made me chuckle... funny.

Crazy Canuck
06-29-2012, 07:14 AM
Or I just didn't answer.
Ok then, I take it that mean you don't know the answers to those questions then

StevieBoy
06-29-2012, 07:29 AM
I've been playing the Hellfire event and I have to tell you I'm VERY VERY disappointed!! I have just 5 vials on 32 tries...which means I spent over $22,000 in gold to get one stupid creature!!! Are you kidding me!!? When they say 'Fair Chance' (or middle button) I have to laugh...it's FAT chance more like...I wonder what the free button gives you: 1 in a 1,000 tries??! It make no sense at all to spent that kind of gold for such small returns...I for one am not going to bother playing another one of these events, I'll just keep building my kingdom the regular way. (And I'm not stupid enough to spend my Gems/real money on this event either!)

StevieBoy
06-29-2012, 07:46 AM
I guess it's just hard to believe that people would actually spend that much money on something like that, but apparently there are plenty. I've never spend a dime on any of the games I've played like this and my accounts are looking pretty nice.....7004 attack and 8114 defense at lvl 33. Looks like your hanging right in there with the top 500 at 11 vials. Good luck, that's a pretty nice prize.

I'm with you Mr Beast Lee, I wouldn't spend a penny on it either...but to spend 750 on a fair chance and get nothing in return isn't fair either...but apparently the folks at Funzio think it's fair...it's BS...'Fair Chance' in my mind would be 50/50 chance...and a 'Low chance' would be 10%. Someone with a sense of fairness has to look at this and change for the next event...but then again...the GREED of these people will compell them to go for the real money! I'm starting to lose interest in this game because of the greed factor...time to move on...

War Eagle
06-29-2012, 07:53 AM
ISomeone with a sense of fairness has to look at this and change for the next event...but then again...the GREED of these people will compell them to go for the real money! I'm starting to lose interest in this game because of the greed factor...time to move on...

Why do so many people think Funzio is a charity or something? It's a business. Why wouldn't they go after your money?

StevieBoy
06-29-2012, 07:59 AM

Totally right again Timbathia, but you see, this is a business for them...they have ZERO interest in the free players or their point of views, we're just fodder for the dummies that spend real money....they're just interested in milking the idiots spending hundreds of real dollars on this bogus event...They should have called it the "Hellwithyou" event.

The_Red
06-29-2012, 08:00 AM
I'm with you Mr Beast Lee, I wouldn't spend a penny on it either...but to spend 750 on a fair chance and get nothing in return isn't fair either...but apparently the folks at Funzio think it's fair...it's BS...'Fair Chance' in my mind would be 50/50 chance...and a 'Low chance' would be 10%. Someone with a sense of fairness has to look at this and change for the next event...but then again...the GREED of these people will compell them to go for the real money! I'm starting to lose interest in this game because of the greed factor...time to move on...

No one is forcing you to play this free game. You can uninstall it and quit at any point you like.

StevieBoy
06-29-2012, 08:06 AM
Why do so many people think Funzio is a charity or something? It's a business. Why wouldn't they go after your money?

Ok, so I realize they're a business. I understand that completely...I'm run a business myself...BUT a business has to be FAIR. as a minimum..and it's this UNFAIRNESS that I have an issue with. I mean, if you want to spend real money on this game...go right ahead...be my guest...BUT if you want a business to thrive, you have to be fair to ALL of the people involved in it.

StevieBoy
06-29-2012, 08:09 AM
No one is forcing you to play this free game. You can uninstall it and quit at any point you like.

I realize that. I'm not a quitter...just intelligent enough not to throw money away....not everyone is.

Crazy Canuck
06-29-2012, 08:20 AM
People seem to forget that odds are the sane each time to do something. So if medium chance was 50/50 let's say that doesn't mean cause you had 1 or more fails in a row your odds are better to get an open the next time, your odds still stay 50/50.

If I flip a coin and it cones up heads that doesn't mean tails is more likely to hit the next time. It sucks to get on a bad run but eventually you will get on a run of opens.

StevieBoy
06-29-2012, 08:27 AM
People seem to forget that odds are the sane each time to do something. So if medium chance was 50/50 let's say that doesn't mean cause you had 1 or more fails in a row your odds are better to get an open the next time, your odds still stay 50/50.

If I flip a coin and it cones up heads that doesn't mean tails is more likely to hit the next time. It sucks to get on a bad run but eventually you will get on a run of opens.

I see your point 'Crazy Canuck'...but I DARE you to flip a coin (8) times in a row and get 'heads' (8) times...the odds of that happening are astronomical. But you go ahead and try....ps let me know when you've done it...I'd be interested to know.

Totalwar
06-29-2012, 09:10 AM
Well I just wasted over £300 pounds on the Hellfire event keep saying invalid start up data and I can't start up the game not a happy bunny I've tried restalling KA app but still get same error.

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-29-2012, 09:18 AM
Or I just didn't answer.

for some reason this made me chuckle... funny.

I definitely smiled, and thought it was pretty funny he even wrote it down. Nicely done, CCM.

StevieBoy
06-29-2012, 09:33 AM
Well I just wasted over £300 pounds on the Hellfire event keep saying invalid start up data and I can't start up the game not a happy bunny I've tried restalling KA app but still get same error.

OK, Let me get this straight...you actually spent over $300GBP (or more than $480 Canadian dollars) on this one Hellfire event??...and now the game doesn't work for you? Hell with that kind of coin, you should spend that every week on a REAL property and start building your own REAL Kingdom!
I'd be pissed too!!! Good Luck mate.

The_Red
06-29-2012, 09:41 AM
you actually spent over $300GBP (or more than $480 Canadian dollars)

.........eh?

Totalwar
06-29-2012, 10:24 AM
OK, Let me get this straight...you actually spent over $300GBP (or more than $480 Canadian dollars) on this one Hellfire event??...and now the game doesn't work for you? Hell with that kind of coin, you should spend that every week on a REAL property and start building your own REAL Kingdom!
I'd be pissed too!!! Good Luck mate.

Thanks m8 started working again was not the only one with this error glad it working again onlongoing 45 viles for £300 pounds not a very good rate.

StevieBoy
06-29-2012, 10:32 AM
.........eh?

Good Day eh! I'll take your ally number as quoted and make us both stronger.

Crime City Mark
06-29-2012, 02:16 PM
...they have ZERO interest in the free players or their point of views, we're just fodder for the dummies that spend real money....they're just interested in milking the idiots spending hundreds of real dollars on this bogus event...

Actually, I enjoy hearing your opinions. Please keep telling me what you think and I'll keep sharing it with the rest of the company.

spectra
06-29-2012, 03:37 PM
Actually, I enjoy hearing your opinions. Please keep telling me what you think and I'll keep sharing it with the rest of the company.

Mark, I am a hardcore player of both MW and KA
I am usually on those games 18+ hours per day and love them both
I had some ups and down with the events, (that is fine)
but with this new events, they need a lot of work
for example the KA event for me has 3 major flaws
1 - the open drop rate is the same or worse than the regular 10 part events
the word "fair" is misleading, what is fair about trying 15 times to open a box and able to actually open 1, and to add insult to injury you get 50 honor point :(
2 - we have a hard enough time trying to get 10 parts, andn ow you are asking for 20 for basically units with similar stats than regular events
3 - in regular event you get the 10 parts and are happy because you will get the bonus, in this event you have to get 20 parts and still you do not know if you will get the bonus, because you have to be in the top 500 for that

I suggest that you guys actually make this type of event be actually FAIR and fun/accesible for free and small cash players (nt just for big spenders) I understand you are right now making a "kill" with the revenues, but the question is for how long?
Players after this event will not spent as much as they are doing for this one (main reason why they are still doing it, is because they already invested too much to leave it)
I myself feel I got scammed/cheated out of 1,160 gems by the company, once I notice the very low open rate, and the fact that even with gems you get like 1 vile every 9 or so opens,

Right now I am very disappointed by the 2 new events currently on, too many issues, they need more work

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
06-29-2012, 08:31 PM

I knew you were. I also know how unwieldy it would be for you or someone in Gree/Funzio to respond to everything partially or in full directed at Funzio as a question, comment, etc.

However, since you openly popped in, could you shed some light on if this is going to be the somewhat normal style of event from now on (top 50/500) or is it a random occurance and the normal would be as the first couple?

Crazy Canuck
06-29-2012, 09:05 PM
I see your point 'Crazy Canuck'...but I DARE you to flip a coin (8) times in a row and get 'heads' (8) times...the odds of that happening are astronomical. But you go ahead and try....ps let me know when you've done it...I'd be interested to know.
I have seen red or black hit more then 8 times in a row on a roulette table.....not same thing but close

Freekizh
06-29-2012, 09:14 PM
I have seen red or black hit more then 8 times in a row on a roulette table.....not same thing but close

This is how casinos make their money..On guys trying martingale betting methods..and the infamous gamblers ruin..Guys who think u can't possibly get another black and double down ...

Mr Beast Lee
06-30-2012, 05:26 AM

Check the LAW OF LARGE NUMBERS for a better understanding on this matter

Mr Beast Lee
06-30-2012, 05:35 AM
I just hope that this is just an every once in a while event, I like the others much better. I usually end up getting at least 7 vials (or whatever the content may be at the time) which grants me 3 items. For this event I have gotten the same number of vials, but only 1 item. It seemed really cool at first and I was actually pretty excited about participating in it, but I became disappointed after seeing that there was no way I could get into even the top 500 without spending $$$. The event is cool, it's a great idea to make the company some bank, but it obviously caters to the people who are willing to spend the big bucks.

Jonboy
06-30-2012, 09:09 AM
Got over 100 vials now and spent to open every one and only got 2...

Man this sucks like the other competitions...

I would seriuosly know how some of the guys in game have 50 plus (and more, over 100)....

Are they using hacks or something ???

Rizzlar
06-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Likewise...😖😖😖😖😖😖😖

wolfocska
07-01-2012, 06:09 AM
Same problem for me. The event didn't start for my game neither. Tried updating it, exiting, starting again but still nothing.

Too bad, looks like a great event :-)

whiterider
07-02-2012, 04:29 AM
What exactly means
2% allies attack bonus from Doom Elemental
1. I got 2% from their attak rating
2. They got 2% from my attack
3. Number of allies increased by 2%
4. Something else

Thanks

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 09:11 AM
What exactly means
2% allies attack bonus from Doom Elemental
1. I got 2% from their attak rating
2. They got 2% from my attack
3. Number of allies increased by 2%
4. Something else

Thanks

I have the same question.

Dexter Morgan
07-03-2012, 09:42 AM
I take it as being a 2% addition to your attack. So if attack is 1000 then it adds 20 to your attack. Maybe an email to support for clarification will help

The_Legend_Shall_Live_On
07-03-2012, 10:10 AM
I take it as being a 2% addition to your attack. So if attack is 1000 then it adds 20 to your attack. Maybe an email to support for clarification will help

That was my original thought, and it is accumulative. EX: Level 40 = 200 allies + 2% = (attack of 200 allies x 3 units each = y) + 2%. But as you level up = ((+5 allies x 3 units) + 2%) for each level.

It would be good to have confirmation though. And it seems a Forum question (since CCM put up his new post, I'm trying to keep game questions of game-play separate from technical support questions). However, if nothing comes up within a reasonable period of time (being honest, it is just a question of interest on how it affects my stats; it won't deter me from my current strategy of game play nor affect me adversely in any way), then I may go to support.

Tiki
07-09-2012, 04:09 PM
That was my original thought, and it is accumulative. EX: Level 40 = 200 allies + 2% = (attack of 200 allies x 3 units each = y) + 2%. But as you level up = ((+5 allies x 3 units) + 2%) for each level.

It would be good to have confirmation though. And it seems a Forum question (since CCM put up his new post, I'm trying to keep game questions of game-play separate from technical support questions). However, if nothing comes up within a reasonable period of time (being honest, it is just a question of interest on how it affects my stats; it won't deter me from my current strategy of game play nor affect me adversely in any way), then I may go to support.

Not sure if anyone got a response yet, but below is the one I received from support. Not sure what it has to do with my alliance numbers. Would appreciate it if someone could explain

Thank you for the inquiry. The 2% increase is to your army attack, one of choices for your skill point investment. When you are engaged in PVP, this will add 2% of whatever bonus you are already receiving on top of that bonus. It's a little more attack for winning fights.