PDA

View Full Version : I love upgraded Body Guard Agencys when

iteachem
06-27-2012, 06:06 PM
they artificially inflate the defense of someone by 20+K, but don't stop crap...

My attack is only 23K and his profile defense if 50+.... I think he might be a little bummed that I made almost a half a million off of him after he stole $110 and a teller machine from me yesterday (both his nightclubs were open just now)

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/iteachemscience/Untitled-1.jpg
http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/iteachemscience/Untitled-2.jpg

fuzzy
06-27-2012, 06:13 PM
You suck...I was looking for that guy, did u bank yet?

Otherwise I'm heading over to your hood to get some after you hit me today $550 dollars....not k

Zendfrim
06-27-2012, 06:16 PM
LOL!!!!! I know who that is!! Iteachem! YOU HIT THAT GUY AS HARD AS YOU CAN! If I could funnel you millions to hit him harder I so freakin would. Drain him like the lizard he is. He REALLY deserves it.

PawnXIIX
06-27-2012, 06:16 PM
So i guess the last 10k you were below him came down to skill points? Because I lost a robbery today to a guy who had a 4k swing...went from +3k to -1k defense in consideration of my attack and lost once ._.'

Hank
06-27-2012, 06:20 PM
According to CCM, defense buildings contribute 100% of their defense during fights and robberies. Obviously hes right.

Maniaxe
06-27-2012, 06:20 PM
Haha I will have to remember that one I attack/rob them just grind some salt in their wounds over wasted gold. You guys leave the best sloppy seconds. But I think you two missed a guy with two level four NC's! That was nice till he disappeared.

fuzzy
06-27-2012, 06:21 PM
I just got both of his rock cafe's u should have stayed in his hood a little longer...I only got 96k or so from him so I guess u won that round.

Eyelusion
06-27-2012, 06:22 PM
What's sad is those 32 buildings he bought with gold at 25 gold each, 32 x25 = 800 Gold, and I guarantee he/she had no clue they wouldn't actually give him/her the defense it displays. Sad, really.

iteachem
06-27-2012, 06:22 PM
You suck...I was looking for that guy, did u bank yet?

Otherwise I'm heading over to your hood to get some after you hit me today $550 dollars....not k

Hey you got the other one with the 42K defense...I saw him whining on your wall about how your attack was so low compared to his D lol.....How much did you take him for anyway?

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv100/iteachemscience/Untitled-5.jpg

iteachem
06-27-2012, 06:27 PM
What's sad is those 32 buildings he bought with gold at 25 gold each, 32 x25 = 800 Gold, and I guarantee he/she had no clue they wouldn't actually give him/her the defense it displays. Sad, really.

Yup....and the time and ingame money to upgrade to level 8-10....

iteachem
06-27-2012, 06:29 PM
I just got both of his rock cafe's u should have stayed in his hood a little longer...I only got 96k or so from him so I guess u won that round.

Nice..... they were not ready when I hit him...

iteachem
06-27-2012, 06:35 PM
So i guess the last 10k you were below him came down to skill points? Because I lost a robbery today to a guy who had a 4k swing...went from +3k to -1k defense in consideration of my attack and lost once ._.'

I only have 66 in skill points so not sure how that works... I did loose a bunch of the robs.... I won the very first one and then counted 20 total attempts to get all 4 hits... so I won 20% of my attempts against him... I will take that return all day..

Maniaxe
06-27-2012, 06:42 PM
Yup....and the time and ingame money to upgrade to level 8-10....
Lvl 8 = 21 Mil (526k each)
Lvl 9 = 35.5 Mil (889k each)
Lvl 10 = A whopping 59.8 Mil!!! (1.4 Mil each)

I think you should try to convince him the only way to keep you from winning is if his Agencies are at level 10. :D

mnju_03
06-27-2012, 06:43 PM

I think you should try to convince him the only way to keep you from winning is if his Agencies are at level 10. :D

That's just mean.

AND I FCUKING LOVE IT! LAWLZ!!!

iteachem
06-27-2012, 06:44 PM

Wow never did the numbers.. thats insane....

Eyelusion
06-27-2012, 06:44 PM
Would he/she get 59.8/2 or 29.9 mill for each if he/she sold them at level 10? It's actually just 1.4/2 or .7 mill each, right?

Canoehead
06-27-2012, 06:49 PM
Let's assume this guy had 16K in defense buildings, because we don't know what is behind that front rom. Defense equipment only counts at 50% in robberies, so if his total equipment defense is 34K, that would yield a ro file defense of 50K and a robbery defense of 33K. Skill differences and luck could easily cause you to be able to rob him then, especially because I believe all the formulas favor the robber/attacker. If this guy didn't have defense buildings, everyone would be robbing him. If you are a gold player, the defense return for upgraded BGAs is still superior to any equipment you can buy for the same amount

Eyelusion
06-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Let's assume this guy had 16K in defense buildings, because we don't know what is behind that front rom. Defense equipment only counts at 50% in robberies, so if his total equipment defense is 34K, that would yield a ro file defense of 50K and a robbery defense of 33K. Skill differences and luck could easily cause you to be able to rob him then, especially because I believe all the formulas favor the robber/attacker. If this guy didn't have defense buildings, everyone would be robbing him. If you are a gold player, the defense return for upgraded BGAs is still superior to any equipment you can buy for the same amount

So he still has real attack defense of 50k? Only his robbery is cust in 1/2?

iteachem
06-27-2012, 07:03 PM
So he still has real attack defense of 50k? Only his robbery is cust in 1/2?

I think that's why he is no banking (12 million last I checked)...Probably doesn't lose an attack all that much...I wouldn't have known about him except he hit me for tellers... I didn't have any cash on hand so I only lost 100 bucks and a teller..and 10 smokebombs..

dudeman
06-27-2012, 07:11 PM
I only have 66 in skill points so not sure how that works... I did loose a bunch of the robs.... I won the very first one and then counted 20 total attempts to get all 4 hits... so I won 20% of my attempts against him... I will take that return all day..

Don't quote me on this, but attack and defense skills are more of a factor in fights and not much for robberies. On the skills page it says nothing about robberies. IMO, the robbery equivalent of defense skill points is upgraded defense buildings, but you can't rely solely on the buildings. You have to combine it with a strong equipment defense.

Like I said, don't quote me. I'm probably wrong and I can't prove anything but keeping that in mind usually works for me. When I attack someone with a lot of level 10 BGAs their true defense is always thousands lower than their profile defense.

Dangerous Greg
06-27-2012, 07:36 PM

LMAO!!! Nice one!

I really feel for people that built these expecting that they were putting in an investment. This is exactly the type of transparency the game SHOULD have. (Funzio, at least let us know the rules that govern the game!)

Iteachem, you are a good sport!

Behzat
06-27-2012, 10:42 PM
Yeah its a success but its sad also.He spent real money and serious efforts for upgrading them but nothing changes.Thats rlly sad i wish as a gold building Bodyguard agencies would be more effective :( When i saw the screen shot i rlly respect the guys efforts and spent gold but it looks like its for nothing.Sad for him seriously...........

Rodimus
06-27-2012, 11:27 PM
So what is a good defensive building to get?

emcee
06-27-2012, 11:47 PM
Bodyguard agencies, abandoned buildings and guard towers have some of the worst inflated defense figures out there versus effective mafia defense. A level 10 bodyguard agency has a rated of 750 (tycoon 826) defense but a true mafia defense of only 55. Gatling turrets at the same level are 2.5x more effective and take up 1/5 less space. The downside is they take forever to level in comparison.

Swearengen
06-28-2012, 06:08 AM
they artificially inflate the defense of someone by 20+K, but don't stop crap...

My attack is only 23K and his profile defense if 50+.... I think he might be a little bummed that I made almost a half a million off of him after he stole $110 and a teller machine from me yesterday (both his nightclubs were open just now)
[/IMG]

I got a few of them early on from Tap Joy money, upgraded to lvl 3 or 4 only, but i got them because I like the way they look in my hood.

Are they any worse than any other Def Bldg upgraded to a lvl 10? Just curious....

Plux
06-28-2012, 01:47 PM
In essence BGA's are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Swear, do I have any???

Eyelusion
06-28-2012, 01:53 PM
So, let's say someone bought 20 of them early in the game, before ever coming to the forum :rolleyes:. What's a good plan to eliminate them given I'm sure that person, whoever that is :rolleyes:, didn't know how crappy they were but still spent 500 gold (25x20) on them and I'm sure, whoever it is :rolleyes:, feels silly losing their gold spent?

Maybe he just puts them off to the side and works on better D buildings or ???

John Snow
06-28-2012, 02:00 PM
Bodyguard agencies, abandoned buildings and guard towers have some of the worst inflated defense figures out there versus effective mafia defense. A level 10 bodyguard agency has a rated of 750 (tycoon 826) defense but a true mafia defense of only 55. Gatling turrets at the same level are 2.5x more effective and take up 1/5 less space. The downside is they take forever to level in comparison.

How does this work? Why isn't a defense point from one building equal to the defense point of another? (I understand the space efficiency issues.)

Swearengen
06-28-2012, 02:00 PM
think I have like 7 of them, like I said I liked the way they look but maybe they'll have to go in the long run for some better replacements. :)

Swearengen
06-28-2012, 02:02 PM
In essence BGA's are about as useful as a chocolate teapot. Swear, do I have any???

Well ****t! :( I have been looking over your hood lately for some good ideas!

Plux
06-28-2012, 02:21 PM
You're 95 Levels from the end game Swear so enjoy the BGA's if they look nice, nothing wrong with that at all. They make nice decorations. I don't have any by the way.

G Wiz
06-28-2012, 02:26 PM
You're 95 Levels from the end game Swear so enjoy the BGA's if they look nice, nothing wrong with that at all. They make nice decorations. I don't have any by the way.If only telephone booths had a defense ;)

mnju_03
06-28-2012, 02:27 PM
I have 4.... I don't leave home without them.

Plux
06-28-2012, 02:30 PM
4 of what, Telephone booths? As G Wiz says I've got plenty to spare :cool:. I've got an addiction to them, however I just want to state for the record, Red Telephone boxes have absolutely no effect whatsoever except to add a little character to the hood. Character vs an Attack = Loss so keep that formula in mind if you need to spend wisely on items or decorations.

mnju_03
06-28-2012, 02:32 PM
Uh.... Both? lol

fuzzy
06-28-2012, 06:34 PM
Good defense does not mean you have good attack.

So for the last 2 days or so Teach and myself have found this dudes 12/24 hour schedule and if you got players stalking you like we are, we will also get your night clubs.

He is also walking around with 15 million on hand. So I attacked him and only took 60k in 10 hits. No big deal to me I actually lost more in explosives then I won but its that I being the little gnat.

But guess what….He hit me back.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh500/knaveljustin/Crime%20City%20Public/attack-me.jpg

TRAZ
06-28-2012, 07:05 PM
I dumped my 6 body guard agencies I had awhile back. Completely useless buildings. I actively seek those that have them in their hoods to rob them blind.

FatDaz
06-29-2012, 05:23 AM
yeah I got 40 towers early prior to the forum, probably going to exchange for sniper dens as the
footprint is similar, went on to get 50 gatlings, now most at lvl 5 and nearly 50 missiles turrets most at
lvl 2, very long winded but as most buildings costs kzillions to upgrade I do defense buildings between saving the dough

iteachem
06-29-2012, 05:33 AM
Good defense does not mean you have good attack.

So for the last 2 days or so Teach and myself have found this dudes 12/24 hour schedule and if you got players stalking you like we are, we will also get your night clubs.

He is also walking around with 15 million on hand. So I attacked him and only took 60k in 10 hits. No big deal to me I actually lost more in explosives then I won but its that I being the little gnat.

But guess what….He hit me back.

http://i1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh500/knaveljustin/Crime%20City%20Public/attack-me.jpg

Funny thing.. I left one of my movie theaters untouched all day just hoping he would try to hit me back after I took his nightclubs.... Brutal waiting 6-8 hours watching others try to hit it, but finally yup hook line and sinker... An hour later I took his NCs again and have hit all of his MTs and Lofts and Rock Cafes as well...

I think fuzzy and I have taken him for 2-3 million over the last two days....